Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kalpana
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KalpanaYour feedback matters!
I have 3 month baby boy and he use to urinate 15 times a day but urine is not yellow color and smelly and he even not crying .is this normal I thought Because of cold condition outside this is happening please suggest.
In case that your child is physically and sexually developing sooner than usual, it can be a testing time for them. This is usually associated with early puberty. Usually, children are very confused about the changes that their bodies go through. What is worse is when they are hurt by the comments from other school kids, who usually insult any individual who is even slightly different. With early puberty, your kid will most likely grow faster than a lot of his or her friends and hint at puberty, for example, the formation of body hair and body odour.
To make the child feel better, parents can be of a lot of help. Along with speaking with them about early puberty with your kid, you can offer ways to deal with stress that support their self-esteem, particularly with bullies in the school. These techniques may offer help:
- Instill them with a lot of information about puberty and how it is a natural process. One approach to help a child’s self-esteem while managing healthy puberty is to clarify the circumstance decently well. You may use a book about puberty with illustrations, one intended for your child’s age and mental stage of development.
- Show them how to manage the bullying in school. Reacting to bullying and teasing is not specifically related to early puberty. It applies to a huge variety of circumstances when other kids either target or single out one kid for ridiculing them. Essential steps for parents and guardians include:
- Focusing on the significance of searching out a teacher or other grown-up if any bullying is taking place.
- Try to tell the child to educate his or her friends about the bullying so they can help him or her out in overcoming the same.
- Role playing circumstances that the child is gone up against and help create reactions that help him or her get over it.
- Know your child’s friends. As a parent, you can create your child’s group of friends and ensure it remains an adoring, tolerating one. Ensuring you remain associated with the social situations and, most important, the built up friendship circles with the parents of other children.
- Look for outside support. At the point when a child is experiencing early puberty, one thing that helps them is talking with different guardians or adults in a similar circumstance.
Early puberty is a very confusing time for all children, and when that procedure goes on for quite a long while sooner than it was supposed to, especially when children's companions are not experiencing it yet, it can be very overpowering. Therefore, the child should be very well educated in this area and should get proper support from everyone. This includes parents, teachers, guardians as well as their friends.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
ADHD, CDD, short-term memory loss, forgetfulness, insomnia and so many more terminologies we would have come across very often. They all seem to have evolved from a common origin and that is concentration issues. Have you pondered on these questions!! Why can’t it be easy to concentrate? Why can’t it be easy to remember everything?
If yes, then read on to know more. Concentrate! Focus! Pay attention! These are not just words but one huge and complicated process in itself. Many children and as well as adults often develop this issue wherein they find extremely difficult to concentrate.
Factors influencing concentration: Concentration is a skill that requires you to prioritize your senses while doing any work. It is an ability to block out distractions. Other factors that influence concentration may include:
- Dedication/ Interest in the task
- Interest One’s ability to complete the task
- Physical and emotional state
- Conducive environment with few distractions.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and concentration deficit disorder (CDD)
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and concentration deficit disorder (CDD) are the two predominant concentration issues. The first one is more common among the children while the latter is observed in mostly the adults. Any individual with ADHD or CDD may show abnormalities in their behavior and social life. ADHD individuals tend to be forgetful and face problems sticking to one task and may even display excessive fidgeting. CDD individuals tend to be lethargic, move slowly and have trouble in staying alert. Adults may become socially withdrawn and exhibit slow information processing.
Solutions for concentration issues: Concentration issues require a lot of time to be overcome. You can try to figure out what causes the distractions and avoid them as much as possible by refocusing your mind only on what you are doing. You can give yourself timers which comprise of “distraction time” and “focus time”. This strategy helps if one’s mind is actively processing other things. You may also create subtasks by listing the things you need to do and then ruling out one by one once you accomplish them. Always breathe better and try for long inhalation and exhalation. This helps to bring down your anxiety levels which hinder the concentration. Though the above-mentioned strategies are just to help you improve your concentration they are not the ultimate cure for all of the issues. Every individual is unique and sometimes accepting oneself can solve many complications as it reduces the need for unnecessary thinking. Always create positive thoughts in your mind as it will act as a driving source. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!