Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. KalpanaYour feedback matters!
I am a 21 year old girl, I have some bleeding from the path of urine, other than menstruation. There is no problem in menstrual cycle. But I want to know what's the reason behind these few drops of bleeding before urination.
My doctor suggested hsg test she told me that it is painful please tell how much pain and how much time and procedures also I read some experience it is very bad.
I had sex with condom but unfortunately it broke and da sperm went inside the vagina. Is there a chance of being pregnant. If so then how can it be avoided.
An indian kitchen is full of health benefits. Indian cooking is such that almost every ingredient has some benefit or another.
Few herbs and their benefits are:
1. Garlic is a cure: raw garlic has immense health properties. It has cancer prevention and cure properties, boosts the immune system, cures infections & allergic reactions, cures colds, fevers & flu apart from having anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. What one needs to do it eat half to one clove of garlic every single day. This will maintain immunity and prevention of internal infections. Ear infections can be treated with garlic and oil. This oil can be made by adding 5-6 cloves of chopped garlic in olive oil, keeping it aside for three to four days. After that, strain the oil and keep in a tight bottle.
2. Ginger, peppermint and fennel for stomach - these everyday food items aid digestion, digestive cramps and relieve gas. They also help heartburn and stop nausea & vomiting. These herbs are ideal for your digestion, making life easy. All three can be consumed in the form of tea.
3. Cinnamon for weight loss - has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. It is also good for weight loss. It has been proven that it kills bacteria and viruses up to almost 100%. It is advised to include it in tea or have a pinch of cinnamon powder with your early morning lemon-honey water.
4. Aloe vera completely heals - aloe vera has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral properties. It is also known to heal burns and wounds, soothes stomach and helps multiple skin ailments.
5. Oregano fights diseases - oregano is a powerful antibiotic and happens to be more effective in neutralizing germs in comparison to chemical antibiotics.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I have sex on 19th july. But my girlfriend is not getting periods till now. Her last month periods date was 24th ok june. Is she pregnant? Please reply fast.
Hello, My name is bhawna, 26 years old. I missed my period n its 5 days late. So what to do, should I take a home pregnancy test or wait for few more days?
Can you advise the treatment for 17 year old girl diagnosed with polycystic ovaries. Can it be cured by homeopathy or ayurveda?
I am suffering from hair fall but no dandruff, above 100 hair fall per day. I also have pimple problem, and also menstruation problems (irregular and painful with less bleeding) indigestion during periods.
I was pregent in month dec 2014 but it aborted due the heart beat was not there so when can except pregency again and this month I did not get period this month so I have check the pregency test also but it was negative so whay reason for this problem.
Me and my husband are trying for conceiving from last 9 months and no luck and My husbands sperm count is as per the requirement and also my periods are regular. They have suggested me MCBM 69 & Q gold F. The doct is saying the reports are normal need to wait for 3 months also. I would like to know is this tablets are useful and if we do intercourse regularly does it effect not conceiving because some people say that no to do intercourse regularly it does effect to get pregnant. I am worried about it. Please suggest.
Sir meri wife ki delivery C SECTION ke through hui hai aur unka C SECTION hua 2 month 17 day ho gay hai sir meri wife night me 5 and 6 baar urine jati aur unko pyass bhi bahut lagti hai sath hi unke body per swelling hai sir ye sab symptoms after birth normal hai ya koi problem hai sir immediately batay kahi ye daibetes ke symptoms to nahi hai unki age 25 year hai sir mujhe bahut chinta ho rahi hai sath batay ki daibetes ke baad byaki kitne time tak jinda rah sakta yadi bo doctry instruction me chale to.
I am 20 weeks pregnant. Have gestational diabetics. Please suggest a suitable diet. When I monitor daily at home, the values varies. Like one day after 1 hr after breakfast it is 115, where as another day it is above 135 mg/dl.
A mastectomy is surgical removal of a breast. The surgery depends on various factors and choosing a type of mastectomy best suited for an individual suffering from breast cancer requires experience and expertise. With advancing technology, there are more options available for women to opt for surgeries, which are minimally invasive and conserving in nature. Following are the various types of mastectomies and the factors, which influence them:
Types of Mastectomy
1. Total or simple mastectomy
This is a surgical procedure which involves complete removal of the breast including the nipple. The lymph nodes, which are small glands, are an important part of your immune system and are kept intact during the surgery. This form of surgery is most suitable if the cancer has not spread to the lymph nodes.
2. Preventive mastectomy
Preventive mastectomy, also known as prophylactic mastectomy, is an option for women who have a high risk of developing breast cancer. Preventive mastectomy reduces the risk of breast cancer by a huge margin. In certain cases, removal of the entire breast along with the nipple is advisable. Women who develop cancer on one breast often opt for preventive mastectomy and remove the other unaffected breast as well.
3. Partial mastectomy
Women who are in stage I or stage ii of breast cancer can choose this procedure. It is a breast conserving technique where the tumor is removed along with the tissue that surrounds it. It is followed up by radiation therapy on the remaining breast tissue, which terminates the cancer cells and stops them from spreading. There are two types of partial mastectomy, namely, lumpectomy and quadrantectomy.
4. Radical mastectomy
Although this procedure is almost out of use, it is still considered in case the cancer has spread to certain areas like the chest muscle. In this form of surgery, the breast is removed entirety along with muscles beneath it and the lymph nodes.
5. Modified mastectomy
It is a more commonly used procedure characterized by complete removal of the breast including underarm lymph nodes. The chest muscles are untouched in the procedure, therefore allowing a breast reconstruction to follow.
Factors influencing the type of mastectomy:
• Age of the individual
• Health in general
• Size of the tumor
• The spread of the tumor
• The rate of progression of the tumor
• Whether lymph nodes are affected or not
A birth control pill is commonly referred to as an oral contraceptive pill. A form of hormonal contraception and is a highly effective method of birth control. Only 1% of women experience unintended pregnancy when on the pill.
Birth control pills are of two types i.e combination pills and mini pills. Combination pills contain synthetic forms of the two hormones called oestrogen and progesterone. The mini pill only contains the hormone progesterone and is called progestin.
However, the pill does have some side effects to it. These include the following:
- Intermenstrual spotting: Within the first three months of starting the pill, women experience vaginal bleeding between the two period cycles.
- Nausea: Although the symptoms subside after some time, some women till experience nausea for a while after taking the pill. If one consumes the pill with food or before going to bed, this can help lower the likelihood of feeling nauseous.
- Breast tenderness: The breasts might feel tender and enlarged after taking the pill. However, anyone who finds a lump in the breast or feels continuous pain needs to seek medical help.
- Headaches: Migraines and headaches are a very common phenomenon of the birth control pill. Different types and doses of these pills may result in different headache symptoms.
- Gaining weight: Experiencing certain fluid retention in the hip or breast area is very common. It also affects the fat cells of the body because of the oestrogen present in the pills.
- Mood swings: Those with a history of stress or depression might start to feel the same again. If one has that kind of a history and starts to feel emotional changes, she should consult a doctor immediately.
- Missing periods: It is a common side effect that after using the pill, one's period might get skipped. This is influenced by several factors including stress, depression or thyroid dysfunctions.
- Decreased libido: The sex drive can be widely affected by the birth control pill. Although many other factors could result in a decreased libido, but if it remains after having the pill and is persistent, one should seek medical help or consult a specialist.
- Vaginal discharge: There could be an increase or a decrease in the vaginal lubrication. Some people might experience vaginal discharge since it is very common. Changes in vaginal discharge never turn out to be harmful.
- Changes in the vision: Fluid retention due to the birth control pill can result in the swelling of corneas. Because of this, even contact lenses do not fit comfortably. Contact lens wearers should consult an ophthalmologist if their vision or lens tolerance is disturbed.
Although there are certain side effects to taking birth control pills; however, one should not abstain from taking them in the fear that they might cause certain side effects. These pills are a precautionary measure along with other protection methods and should be taken in case someone wants to avoid pregnancy at the time being.
My age 40 yrs. Mera ajkl sex krne ka over hota h. Krne k bad b koi pain ya thkavat nhi hoti. Aisa 10 days se ho rha h. Sex krne k bad b or krne ka man hota h. Why?
Washing your skin with water is something that you probably do daily, but you may not know at what temperature the water should be. Using water at the correct temperature is advantageous for the skin. Water at extreme temperatures is harmful for the skin as your skin is not designed that way.
The temperature of the water should also depend on the purpose for which it is being used. Here are some tips on how to set the temperature of the water depending on the purpose:
- Showering: While showering, if you are using hot water, then it may strip your skin of its essential oils and make it vulnerable to dryness. This may cause various skin complications, such as cracked and rough skin. Hence, use lukewarm water while you shower.
- Washing your hair: Using hot water to wash your hair may lead to hair damage as it rids your hair of all the essential oils and makes it limp and dull. Lukewarm to normal water is recommended while washing your hair as it will allow the hair to retain its natural oils.
- Brushing: The right temperature of water while brushing your teeth should optimally be lukewarm. Too cold or hot water can lead to teeth sensitivity and cause oral problems.
- Washing your face: Before you apply a cleansing agent on your face, use warm water to wet the face as it helps to open up your pores. After the cleansing agent is applied, then use cold water to wash your face. Cold water helps in closing the pores after the impurities are removed from the skin.
- Shaving: If you are going to shave, then opt for warm water as it opens the pores up and thus makes it easier for the blade to glide through the skin. This also reduces the risk of razor burns on your skin.
- Washing your feet: Wash your feet with lukewarm water as it facilitates dead cell removal and also helps in getting rid of warts.