Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. K N ThakurYour feedback matters!
Are you suffering from skeletal and muscular disorders and are looking for an effective remedy? You can opt for Thaila Dhara or Pizhichil treatment. This is an Ayurvedic therapy which is effective for curing skeletal and muscular disorders. The term Pizhichil refers to squeezing. The procedure involves the squeezing of warm, medicated oil from a cloth. It is followed by a massage of the entire body except for the head. This procedure is performed by three or more Ayurvedic therapists and it requires more than three liters of medicated oil.
Indications for Pizhichil or Thaila Dhara
Other than muscular and skeletal disorders, this Ayurvedic therapy is also used for getting relief from several other health conditions. These include rheumatic diseases, vata dosha disorders, paralysis, arthritis, sexual weakness, insomnia, high blood pressure, depression, nervous weakness, neurological disorders, muscular aches and dislocated or stiff joints.
The procedure of Thaila Dhara involves several steps. First, the Ayurvedic therapist evaluates your prakruti, vikruti and dosha imbalance before prescribing the type of medicated oil to be used. Pizhichil is performed in seven standard body positions and no area is left out. First a light massage is given and then lukewarm medicated oil is squeezed on the patient’s body using a cloth. From time to time, the cloth is dipped in a vessel which contains the medicated oil. It takes one hour for the procedure to get completed. Based on your requirements, the frequency of the therapy is prescribed by your Ayurvedic physician.
Benefits of Thaila Dhara
There are several benefits of Thaila Dhara. They are as follows:
- It is an ideal therapy for treating vata imbalance.
- It helps in relieving body pains, inflammations and stiffness.
- The body gets detoxified and rejuvenated.
- The mind, body and soul gets soothed.
- It is great for stress and anxiety relief.
- Blood circulation is improved drastically.
- Overall physical and mental health is improved.
- Muscular tone is enhanced.
- The entire nervous system is re-tuned and the nerves are strengthened.
- Fractured bones are healed and overall body immunity gets enhanced.
The different Ayurvedic medicated oils used in the procedure of Thaila Dhara include Sahacharadi thailam, Narayana thailam, Dhanwantharam thailam, Bala thailam and Prbhanjanavimardana thailam among others. In many cases, the medicated oils are combined together. The selection of oils should be done by your Ayurvedic physician. The course of Thaila Dhara treatment may be of 7 days, 14 days or more. This depends on your condition and requirements. You should strictly consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before thinking of undergoing Thaila Dhara treatment.
I am suffering polio & my height is 5ft 3in wt 76kg age 44 yr. Myupper half has become bulky and now I am finding difficult to walk 50mtr.
I am 24 years old I suffered from backache and pain after urination and sometime constipation I did usg all things are normal then whats problem.
I am having severe pain in my hand since 2 days. The pain is specifically in the palm over the side of the little finger and is radiating in the finger as well. I am unable to move my finger because of this. What can be the reason behind this and what is the cure for it?
The knee is one of the largest and most important joints of our body. It is also susceptible to wear and tear as well as injuries. Knee pain can occur due to a variety of reasons starting from conditions like arthritis problem and osteoporosis as well as injuries that can affect the ligaments, the joint, the menisci and femur. These are the various parts of the knees, which can suffer from degeneration or even injuries. The best way to combat chronic knee pain is through rest, ice compress and with the help of pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication.
While rest and ice compress for chronic knee pain and pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication are the best ways to combat knee pain, orthopaedics also recommend the use of various strengthening exercises which can alleviate knee pain. Here are a few of the best ones!
- The towel hook: Lie down flat on your back and raise one leg, Hook a towel under the foot and press it against the towel as you pull both ends downwards, creating slight pressure. This can be done for a few seconds at a time. Remember to do this at least ten times for each foot and increase gradually. This exercise helps in strengthening your entire leg from the calf to the knee and even the thighs so that the pain subsides.
- Towel roll: In towel roll exercise, after pushing knee, should do dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds.. Hamstring exercises are also given by placing roll towel under your feet, push down, dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds Adductor exercises are also given by placing small ball between your legs just above the knee joint, press and hold for 20seconds.
- Swing: For this exercise, you will need to sit down on a chair. Now take one leg and swing it up until it is in line with your hip. Hold it out like this before you slowly bring it down again. Do this at least twenty to thirty times for each leg and gradually increase the frequency and the number of seconds for which you hold the knee. This will also help in pain management.
- Knee marches: You can also do knee marches by sitting down on a chair. You will need to march each knee up and down at least twenty to thirty times. You will need to do this for a few minutes every day and you can easily do it twice a day even when you are at work, sitting in front of a desk. You must ensure that your posture is straight and upright for this exercise. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
I have low back pain radiating to lower limbs. Coccyx area got injured due to fall and accident before 10 yrs back. When I consult Dr. They advice me to go for accupuncture or steroid injection, can you please tell me which one is better and why? and what are the side effect of steroid injection. Can I go for steroid injection as the pain in sometimes unbearable. Thanks.
I am having lower back pain. I am male and my age is 42 years . When I sit down on floor to have my food and get up after sometime there is pain in lower back. Pls suggest some treatment. This pain is there from last six months.
I am 20 years old male I have several back pain and I can't able to sit in one place for more than 10 minutesWhat kind of treatment is needed to cure the problem?
I have a nerve pain in left back solder which cause left hand pain with just like paralyse.Please tell.
I am 45 years old. I have pain in heels, feel like burn in foot (heel portion). Even I drink much water. Please suggest me what should I do? I have no any health problem. I am slim.
When I am driving my bike my hand has been damaged I got treatment but after long time its getting pain again can I take one more treatment are any solution is there for my problem.
Humans are prone to much more complex and extensive experiences in life than any other animal species, this is because we also enjoy highly developed cognition and mental abilities in comparison to the other species. However, our cognitive abilities also mean that we are more prone to bad experiences and health issues that may require intensive treatment or even at times surgeries.
Having to undergo a surgery may sound like an exceptionally difficult or painful prospect, but with the help of modern medical practices and the use of state of the art technology and equipment, there are times when patents are able to get excellent results. One among many such advanced practices is the use of minimally invasive spine surgeries.
There may be times when we may injure ourselves or may develop health issues that make it difficult for us to go about our daily lives and at such times a surgery on the spine may be required. It is however, risky to carry out a full-fledged surgery on the spine because of the fact that our movements in general and the central nervous system may be put at great risk when the spine is tweaked or worked with. This is one of the biggest reasons why modern medical practitioners suggest and prefer carrying out the minimally invasive surgery.
Understanding the practice:
In order to be able to develop a conviction for the practice, it is important to make sure that you understand the practice in general. As the name suggests, the surgery is done in a manner in which large incisions are not made on the spinal region and the procedure is done only by the creation of a small hole. The surgery is carried out with the use of non-conventional tools that can be manoeuvred through smaller openings and the process is carried out with the help of a small incision around the spinal region.
Advantages of the minimally invasive surgery:
As opposed to the regular open surgery, there are a lot of advantages for the patients that opt to undergo the minimal surgical procedure.
- The biggest advantage is that the patients are able to recover much sooner and the pain is also cut down to a minimal level because of the surgical opening being so small.
- The muscles that get affected due to the surgery heal much faster and they do not have any long term side-effects which is much more common in a conventional surgical procedure.
- The chances of damage to the spine are cut down to a great extent because it is minimally exposed during the surgery.
- Finally, the time taken for the procedure and the after care is also brought down because of the simplicity of the surgical procedure.
As we step into an era of advanced medical practices, it may be important to quickly adopt and adapt to the new age practices so that a better future for patients may be carved out and established all across the world. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.