Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Homeopaths online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyoti S Patil
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti S PatilYour feedback matters!
Sleep is the most essential part of our lives because it is the time when our body gets rejuvenated and recharged. However, due to numerous reasons, quite a few individuals fail to achieve proper sleep or any sleep at all. This condition in which a person is unable to sleep at night can be termed as insomnia.
Causes of insomnia
There can be varied reasons for different people that can cause insomnia.
- Unhealthy lifestyle i.e. improper sleep cycle, improper food habits, untimely naps, substance abuse etc.
- Medical conditions like sinus allergies, gastrointestinal problems, endocrine problems, arthritis, asthma, neurological condition like Parkinson’s disease, chronic back pain etc.
- Psychological conditions like depression and anxiety
- Certain medications aimed to cure other health problems
In case of the treatable medical reasons, insomnia is gone once the problem is treated. However, for people who have no idea as to why they suffer from insomnia, here are certain tips that can help in fighting it.
Lifestyle changes to cure insomnia
Starting with a significant lifestyle change can be a great way to change one’s sleep cycles and get a good night’s sleep.
- Maintain a proper and healthy diet, with more fruits and vegetables and less carbs and fat.
- Try to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday (despite the fact that you may not feel sleepy). This will train the body and regulate the body clock.
- Avoid afternoon naps or any short naps during the day.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Avoid caffeine as it has contains properties that keeps a person up for long hours.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and nicotine. Although alcohol is associated with fun and partying, it is actually a depressant and causes improper sleep.
- Avoid any meal right before bed time.
Tips that can help
- Take a good, warm shower right before sleep.
- Ask your partner to give you a nice massage before bedtime.
- Restrict bed activities to sleep and sex only, nothing more.
- Make a really comfortable and inviting sleep environment.
- Try and get rid of all your worries before going to bed.
- Reduce stress using a number of stress reduction therapies like meditation, deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation techniques, etc.
Apart from the lifestyle changes and the tips that will help you gain a better sleep, there is another therapy, which may be useful. It is called the cognitive behavioural therapy. This therapy can give essential knowledge about sleep and help achieve normal sleep routines. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Whenever I wash my face white residue is left over all my face what is this? I feel face wash is sitting in on my face is this weird?
My baby is 6 months old and is suffering from chronic constipation from last two months. In start we tried natural remedies like cotton insertion and sugar water but see no improvement. At last we visited his paediatrician and he advised to give him Glycerine suppository for 3 days and after that to continue adult PICLIN Laxative 6 ml per day (3 ml twice) to cure his constipation. So, we are giving him above medication from his 6th month start and now he passes stool after 2 or 3 days with less difficulty. We tried stopping giving him PICLIN after his 6th month completion but after that baby can’t poop and also decreases his feed intake. His current weight is 6.1 KG and he is teething as well. Regarding his diet, he is completely on breast feed and we have started giving him yellow dalpani from last one month. We have tried 20-25 ml of water intake and 2 tablespoon of pear puree from last 3 days but it does not help. To continue on PICLIN we have some worries and doubts as follows: 1. Is it safe to give PICLIN (Adults) 6 ml daily to baby of just 6 months and any side effects that it can cause when baby grows? 2. For how much time we should continue giving him above medicine? 3. What can be the reason of his severe constipation? 4. Is there any natural remedy to cure his constipation rather then giving him medications? 5. Any other suggestion/medication to cure his constipation? 6. Is glycerine suppository is better than PICLIN? It would be very helpful for any of suggestions.
Between myopia or short sightedness and hypermetropia or farsightedness, the latter is less common. However, this does not make it any less important. Farsightedness or long sightedness refers to a refractive error in the eye lens that creates problems focusing on objects nearby. This is because the light entering the eye does not converge on the retina but does so behind the retina.
Long sightedness can be caused by a number of factors. Some of these are:
Structural problems with the eye: Some people are born with structural problems. This is one of the leading causes of long sightedness. These structural conditions include:
- A cornea that is not steep enough
- A short eyeball
- A flattened lense
- A thicker than normal lense
Age: Long sightedness rarely affects children. This is a condition that becomes noticeable after the age of 40 in most cases. With age the lenses in the eyes become stiffer and do not curve normally. This is known as presbyopia.
Genetics: As with myopia, hypermetropia is also triggered by genetic faults. If someone in your family suffers from this then chances are that you will too. However, the specific genes that transfer this condition from one generation to the next have not been discovered as yet.
Underlying conditions: Long sightedness is also triggered by underlying conditions such as diabetes, under development of a baby's eye during pregnancy (read more about diabetes and pregnancy), orbital tumours and problems with the blood vessels in the retina.
Not being able to read a book clearly is one of the most common symptoms of long sightedness. Some of its other symptoms are:
- Needing to squint to focus on objects
- Pain or burning in the eyes
- Fatigue caused by reading, writing or working on a computer
- Red and watery eyes
Long sightedness can be correctly diagnosed only with a thorough eye examination. Hence it is essential to schedule one regularly. This becomes more important as a person gets older. If left untreated, it can lead to double vision which in turn can trigger two possible eye problems.
Strabismus: This is a condition where the eyes get misaligned and hence do not work in tandem. People suffering from this condition find their eyes focusing on two independent objects instead of seeing the same thing.
Amblyopia: Double vision can make one eye more dominant than the other. This makes the muscles of one eye degenerate at higher rate than the other making it lazy. This is known as amblyopia.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Sir my cousin is suffering from back pain he is just of 18 years. This pain is from 2 weeks now what should we do to remove the pain.
My mouth has come. I mean I have redness in my whole mouth and can't eat properly. What should I do?
Hello, i'm 20yo male and I am having a pulsating vein under my left eye and it seems to be very frequent. Is this something I should worry about? What is it? And what causes it?
I am losing my hair and have too much dandruff but not using any shampoo regular and no doctor consulate please suggest.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- Decrease cholesterol levels- Apple cider vinegar increase HDL cholesterol and reduce LDL cholesterol and Triglycerides levels in our body.
- Lowers Blood Pressure- Apple cider vinegar helps in decreasing blood pressure by inhibiting the enzyme responsible for constricting blood vessels.
- Improves Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Symptoms- Apple Cider Vinegar helps in improving symptoms of PCOS. In a small study of women with PCOS who took vinegar for 90-110 days, 4 out of 7 women resumed ovulation, likely due to improved insulin sensitivity.
- Improves Metabolism- Apple Cider Vinegar increases enzyme AMPK in our body which increases fat burning and also decreases production of fat and sugar in the liver.
- Decreases Insulin Levels- Apple cider vinegar reduces the ration of insulin to glucagon in our body, which favours fat burning.