Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jayashree G. Narshetty
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jayashree G. NarshettyYour feedback matters!
What is the perfect timing of sex. When my wife's monthly period start 4feb. I want to conceive so please tell me.
I had a baby its only 14 days old while breastfeeding my nipple is paining like anything even I can't able to feed properly please suggest me with this.
How does lemon consumption affect mensuration? How does lemon consumption changes the blood concentration during mensuration? i.e. does the blood becomes lighter in color?
This month my period was one day late & it was light watery without clots.From day 5 of my cycle feeling vomitting,gas,backpain,headache and fatigue.Please suggest.
Hello doctor, I have not got my periods. Last month I got on 18 th Feb. We had our intercourse on 13 March. please Suggest me. What is conceiving period. After intercourse?
Thalassemia patients should not be given iron-rich foods as they may lead to other problems. Oysters, pork, beans, liver, peanut butter, beef, tofu, flour tortillas, cream of wheat, infant cereal, watermelon, prunes, peas, spinach, raisins, broccoli, and green leafy vegetables all fall under this category.
A nutrient extremely important for thalassemia patients is calcium. Due to the affliction, bones tend to become weak and fragile and as such, calcium rich foods are highly recommended to strengthen the skeletal system of the body. Foods high in iron content are dairy products, almonds, hazel nuts, sesame seeds, sardines, salmon, apricots, figs, oranges, currants, soy beans, white bread, white rice, kale cabbages, cauliflowers, beet, carrots, celery, alfalfa sprouts, turnips, cucumbers, garlic, lettuce, tomatoes, green chillies, potatoes, apples, cranberries, pomegranates, strawberries, pineapples, lemons, and acai berries, among others.
- You must include vitamin d in the diet of thalassemia patients as vitamin d helps in absorption and assimilation of calcium in the body. Some such foods are cod liver oil and soy milk.
- Along with the specific diet, there are certain home remedies that may abate the symptoms of thalassemia.
- The best home remedy to cure thalassemia is to consume a healthy and balanced diet to enhance the immunity of the body. Also, it helps prevent and cure weakness and fatigue, the prime symptoms of thalassemia.
- Intake of foods rich in folic acid also helps alleviate the signs of thalassemia. Some such foods are lentils, egg yolk, dried beans, sweet potato, wholegrain bread, soya products, split peas, nuts, brussel sprouts, bananas and peaches, among others.
- Two glasses of milk everyday helps cure thalassemia. Apart from milk, other dairy products that may be consumed on a regular basis are cheese, yogurt and butter.
- You must avoid junk food as these foods interfere with the normal functionality of the body, making it fragile and weak. You must avoid carbonated or aerated drinks as well as canned or tinned foods (attributed to their high content of preservatives).
- Another effective remedy is to consume a teaspoon of honey, twice a day. You may mix honey in milk and consume it regularly.
- Certain yoga poses make your muscles and bones stronger. However, there is a disclaimer here. Such exercises should not be performed until advised by a doctor and must be carried out under the supervision of a certified yoga trainer.
- Another effective remedy to relieve the symptoms of thalassemia is to consume ginger. Ginger serves to enhance the immunity of the body as well as enhance the appetite.
- You may include lemonade in your diet to regulate a variety of processes and mechanisms in the body, helping alleviate the signs of thalassemia.
- Minor habits like maintaining good hygiene can go a long way in protecting a thalassemia patient from other infections which would worsen the condition.
- Apart from the regular home remedies, you may deploy herbal treatment to cure thalassemia. Some of the herbs used for curing thalassemia are:
- Folate or folic acid is a component of vitamin b-complex and helps alleviate the symptoms of thalassemia. As such, you may consume certain herbs which supplements folate in the diet. Some such herbs are red clover leaves, nettle leaves, and oatstraw, among others.
- You may also provide thalassemia patients with zinc supplements as some of them have low zinc level in the body, hindering normal cell metabolism and lowering general body immunity. Some of the herbs rich in zinc content are alfalfa, rose hips, parsley, dandelion, chickweed and burdock root, among others.
- You may also employ homeopathic techniques to cure the affliction, which involves intake of highly diluted preparation made of plant tinctures, stimulating the natural healing process.
I am Dr. Nishith Chandra director interventional cardiologist at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute New Delhi. I am here in this institute for last 22 years. Today we will discuss how to prevent a future heart attack or if a person has had a heart attack in the past then how he should and what he should do in his routine life to reduce the occurrence of a future heart attack or a repeat heart attack. For heart attack, there are certain risk factors which a person has to modify. These risk factors some of them are modifiable and some of them are non-modifiable so the modifiable risk factors are which he should reduce, he should change is – exercise, he has to do active exercise for at least 30 minutes every day and in those 30 minutes he has to run for about or walk for about three kilometers and this should be at a brisk pace.
He should not be sedentary, nowadays even they call that sitting is the new smoking, that means sitting is as dangerous as smoking. For every 20 minutes of sitting, you must get up walk for five minutes and then start doing your job. This is especially applicable to computer executives who sit at the computer, hunched on a computer for a very very long time. Then in addition to exercise, they should stop smoking. Now smoking is one very dangerous habit which increases the risk of heart attack and especially in younger patients, so but the person should not smoke or use tobacco products if he is having difficulty in smoking then there are multiple ways that doctor can help him quitting this habit, then there are certain drugs also are nicotine gums he can take help of or they are smoking groups which helped us in quitting the habit by group discussion.
Then the third most important component in preventing a future heart attack is the diet, the person has to take diet which is rich in fruits vegetables vitamins minerals and much less in fat, especially saturated fats and carbohydrates, saturated fats are like butter, ghee, margarine these are saturated fat. This they should avoid and the person should take if he has to take oils to a minimum and that too refined oils. So and this is the third component. The fourth component is if the patient is having more weight or his obese then he should attain an ideal body weight, ideal body weight can be easily calculated by calculating the body mass index the body mass index, should be less than 25, so if it is more than 25 then the person should try to reduce his body weight by exercising, reducing diet, reducing calorie intake.
The last thing is that he has to control his stress levels if the stress levels are high then the person is having an extra risk of heart attack. How to reduce stress levels, the best way to reduce stress level is to join some yoga group and meditation, and the practice of mindfulness. The practice of mindfulness is very very important for stress reduction.
If you want to consult me then you can consult me either at Lybrate or you can come to my clinic at Fortis escorts heart institute new Delhi or my clinic at sector 93a expressway Noida. Thank you!
M having regular ovulation but I am planning to take clomid 50 mg but eggs quality. Should I continue.
Are you gaining excessive amount of weight during your pregnancy, well you are not alone. Most of the pregnant women tend to be overweight or obese. You are viewed as overweight, if your pre-pregnancy body mass index (BMI) is approximately between twenty-five and twenty-nine. Your BMI is the relationship between your height and weight. You are considered obese, if your BMI is thirty or more.
However, here are some ways with which you can control the weight gain during pregnancy:
- Eat a solid, yet less-calorie diet: Utilize a convenient pregnancy food journal to ensure you are getting enough supplements and drinking a lot of water every day. The journal is additionally helpful for keeping track of your mood swings and appetite levels, so you can spot patterns you may need to change. Since you realize that you have to take after a particular eating regimen, the following are very solid for you:
- Crisp leafy foods
- Oats and bread made with whole grains
- Low-fat milk and dairy items
- Foods rich in folate such as strawberries, spinach and beans
- Unsaturated "good" fats such as olive oil, canola oil, and shelled nut oil
- Regular exercise: In case you are a relative newcomer to work out, you can start with pregnancy exercise for beginners. You can practice low-impact exercises; for example, walking, swimming and light heart stimulating exercises. Never begin an exercise without first talking with your medicinal services supplier or doctor. Furthermore, make sure to you adhere to the thirteen principles of safe pregnancy work out. A few women do get in shape during pregnancy in case that they roll out solid eating regimen and make way for life improvements, so make sure to check in with your specialist if this happens.
- Comprehend your calorie needs: As specified before, not all pregnant women have to put on equivalent measures of weight. Thus, you have to know precisely what number of calories you require. Talk with your specialist to get the correct number.
- Eat frequent, small meals: This is true when you need to deal with your weight, pregnant or not. Eating successive little dinners is particularly helpful when you are pregnant. Eating a full feast makes you wiped out.
- Taking prenatal pre-natal vitamins: This is something your specialist will recommend in any case. Yet, in case that you require an extra motivation to take your pre-birth vitamins consistent, then this is it. As you most likely are aware, your body needs additional food and nutrients during pregnancy. In case that you need to deal with your weight and take in the supplements without stacking yourself with calories, take your vitamins.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!