Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jayantha Sarkar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Jayantha SarkarYour feedback matters!
Sir my son has been suffering from a muscular dystrophy from 6 years now he is 11 year old have any new treatment in India or out of India. I heard some new medicine in Europe for its treatment. Please send me dietary chart for my son and guide me what should I do?
I also have a muscle pain in right arm shoulder even after I exercise 30 minutes daily. Its in upper part of shoulder at pin point area. Even painkiller works not well. Please suggest a remedy to get rid of pain.
My uncle age 75, met with an accident, had brain swelling. Now water got accumulated in brain found out by CT scan. Short term memory loss and lack of body control. What may be the possible treatment.
My sister 16 year old girl gets severe stomach pain during her mc she has consulted many specialists but no use even she takes many tablets consulted by doctors even then it is not working so please give solution to her stomach and back pain?
I hv so much of back pain from last many dayd. Toll now I did not take any medicine. which medicine should I take.
Sir myself shyam iam facing with backpain for 2 days. If I sit it's panning more. So. Please suggest me medicine sir.
Hi I am suffering from pain in muscle and bone of both legs and always feel tired .not able to work or walk full day I feel very tiredness in my body .even at night due to pain in muscle and bone I am not able to sleep up to late night please advice me medicine.
I am a 47 yrs old female in menopause since the last two years. I have stopped gymming since the last three months. I have constant pain in my upper arms even though I stopped lifting weights. I am under treatment for fatty liver and high bp. Why is the pain not going even with painkillers/ I am prone to morning stiffness and wrist pain and have tennis elbow too. Also spondilityis in neck and baxck region. Please help with this upper arm pain. Its horrible. Everything else is under control with exercise amd bp tablet.
I am a 63 year old married female. I am a recently retired teacher. I get a burning discomforting sensation, when I stand or sit, under my soles. It is difficult to really explain the sensation except that it is.
I am having pimples on my face and colour is becoming darker. My face sometimes becomes red. Sometimes it become rough and it irritates. I always have pain in my foot on lower side amd my legs always paining.
Dear sir, I had suffered from fever last month in this fever my all joints have pain. This fever gone out after Taking proper medicine in a week. But after this pain in my hips & hands not gone till toady. Kindly sir tell why this pain not gone. One thing more I want to share is that in 1994 I have took blood test HLA-B27 prescribed by doctor. At that time I have suffered from hip pain. After this test which result was positive. At that time Dr. prescribed tablet sazo (sufalsazine) first week one tab daily & next week two tab daily & after nest week three tab & than 4 tabs daily after taking these medicines for 3 months my hip pain gone. So now kindly sir tell me is this present pain is from fever or is my last disease come back. Kindly tell me what can I do for relief from this pain. Plzzzzzzz tell also what is HLA-B27 TEST.
Whether you're old or young, male or female, having a backache can be a real pain! A number of factors ranging from osteoarthritis to muscle strains can be attributed to back pains. No matter what the cause of a backache, a combination of core strengthening exercises, activity, and physical therapy can help lessen the pain.
A backache can be caused by something as simple as bending the wrong way. Hence, the first step towards dealing with a backache is to pay attention to daily movements. If you have to lift something heavy off the floor, bend your knees and let the weight of your load fall on your legs instead of it falling on your back. Here is more on how you can fight back pain with a bit of effort:
1. Light exercises
Simple, light exercises are the most effective ways of dealing with back pain. The key to exercising your back is moderation and knowing your limits.
2. Brisk walk and yoga
Regular brisk walks and yoga exercises that strengthen and stretch back muscles are effective ways to reduce and prevent back pain.
3. Right posture
Exercise can also help reduce excess weight that in turn helps reduce backaches. Slouching not only causes a hunch back but also aggravates back aches. Hence, maintain a right posture to take the pressure off nerves and lower back pain.
4. Proper posture while sleeping
A good night's sleep can also help soothe inflamed back joints and repair strained muscles. Pay attention to your mattress and ensure that your back is flat when you lie on it. Sleeping on your side can also help deal with the back pain. Consider resting your neck on a pillow, to keep your spine aligned while you sleep.
5. Hot & cold therapy
Experiment with hot and cold therapy before picking one of them to deal with your back pain. While applying ice packs on your back can help reduce inflammations, hot packs work better to reduce cramps and muscle spasms. Whether you use a hot pack or a cold pack, do not leave it on for more than 20 minutes.
6. Natural supplements
Natural supplements such as flaxseed oil, calcium, magnesium and vitamin c are helpful when dealing with back pains.
For short-term relief, you could also try over the counter pain relievers. However, do not let this become a long-term habit, as your body could get dependent on it. Other potential side effects could include stomach and liver problems. Hence, if your backache does not subside on its own, it is best to consult a doctor before treating it yourself.
Since 6 years, After chicken guinea fever, I am suffering from a knee pain, teeth pain and shoulder pain continually and night at sleeping time I feel like acanthosis in knee and teeth.Please tell..
Am male 25 having severe indigestion problem followed by headache and heavy back pain what should I do. Back is paining heavily when I try to bend.
Hi since morning I am having pain near the region of shoulder blade and neck. The pain is felt more on the right side then left. For sometime it stays and then there is sudden pain in my arms and then it stops. What could be the reason for it?
I am suffering with back pain. Doubt on Kidney stones. Last year detected stone and it gone with medicine. Now again it started. I am drinking splendy of water even though the urine is in yellow colour.
Physiotherapy plays a pivotal role in helping a person recover after a hip replacement surgery. It brings back the old flexibility and prevents blood clots in the area where the procedure has taken place. After the surgery team gives its green signal, a physiotherapist starts working with a patient for a full recovery.
Here is a list of some common exercises that a physiotherapist suggests after a hip replacement surgery:
- Walking: It is important to use the crutches for a time period of 4-5 weeks post the procedure. Until the surgeon or the physiotherapist advises against using the crutches, it makes sense to use it while walking. It makes sense to retain the normal walking posture by using the crutches rather than limping without it. A physiotherapist reviews the pressure exerted by the arm while holding a crutch, before advising the patient to get rid of the crutches.
- Increasing hip flexibility: This is a basic form of exercise where an individual lies on one side of the body with knees and hips bent. A pillow is placed in between the knees. While doing this, it should be ensured that both the feet is kept together and the back muscle is not twisted. The top knee should be slowly raised like an opening of the calm shell. This position should be maintained for 4-5 seconds.
- Strengthening the hips: The body should rest on the stomach. The buttocks should be tightened and one leg should be slowly lifted. This position should be maintained for a stretch of 3-5 seconds. The same should be repeated for both the legs.
- Strengthening the hip and the stomach muscle: The body should rest on the back with a leg bent. The stomach muscle should be tightened and the bent leg should be lifted carefully while ensuring that the bend does not supersede more than 90 degrees. While keeping the stomach muscle tight, the lifted leg should slowly come down to touch the surface. This act should be repeated for 5-6 times.
- Strengthening the thigh muscle: While sitting in a steady chair, an elastic loop should be wrapped around the ankles. The elastic loop should be stretched with one leg while keeping the other foot firmly rooted to the ground. The lifted foot should slowly come down to the normal position. The same act should be repeated for 4-5 times.
- Improving balance: An elastic loop should be tied to one leg of a table and the other end of the loop should be tied to one ankle. The table should be held on for maintaining balance. Maintaining an erect position, the tied up ankle should be stretched sideways. The position should be maintained for 3-5 seconds to return back to normal standing position. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!