Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Janaki Patil
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Janaki PatilYour feedback matters!
Sir Maine krib 1.5 month phle apni g.f ke sath sex kiya tha but abi tak uski date nahi aayi h or krib 1 week phle Maine usko contrapill ki tablet b di thi vo lene ke bad b abi tak uski m.c nahi aayi h please koi aise tablet ya injection btao jisse uska miscarriage ho jaye.
My period date is 20 and I had a pregnancy test on 15 by preganews. Result was negative. I wanted to ask wen should I take a pregnancy test so that I have a confirm result.
I am bleeding on the 17th day after period. I am using clear strip ovulation kits and it says im at high fertility not peak (got high for 4 days) so I can't be ovulating right? Trying to get preg so worried!
I am unmarried and had sex several times and I have gained a lot of weight, acne and facial hairs. Is it because of this reason only, many doctors say that I have some hormonal changes issues. Please guide me what I should do as I can not spend more as I can not inform my parents.
Hi. I am suffering from vaginal problem I get ulcer there from 2 month I am in pain please suggest me.
What are the names of the tests for detecting pregnancy test through blood and urine if one visits the diagnostic center.
If I do intercourse 5 days before my next period, is there will be any chance to be pregnant? Maximum time my menstruation period happen 24-26 days gap every month. This month it was on 10 th. So, tell me when will be the right date to conceive for a baby?
Wrist fracture is a medical term used to describe a broken wrist bone. Wrist is composed of 8 small carpal bones and lower ends of the two forearm bones, such as Radius & Ulna. The fracture may occur in any of the 10 bones that make up the wrist. While some fractures can be severe, most fractures are tiny in nature. The fractures, which are severe, tend to render the bone unstable and a cure for this condition might require a surgery. Open fractures occur when the broken bone spike juts out through the skin. This might lead to an infection in the wounded region.
Causes of Wrist Fracture
- The most basic cause of a wrist fracture is injury. Any fall on your outstretched hand (FOOSH) and you might have to nurse a fractured wrist. This type of fracture is common among sportsmen.
- People suffering from osteoporosis have a high risk of getting a wrist fracture.
- Traumatic accidents might also cause severe wrist fractures.
- Repetitive use of wrists leads to inflammation of the tendons present in the wrists (tendonitis).
Symptoms of Wrist Fracture
A wrist fracture has symptoms that can be extremely painful. The pain escalates whenever you try to move your wrist or flex it, even if you are just flexing your fingers. Sometimes your hand or arm may even become extremely numb when you fracture the wrist. The muscles in the area become tender and swell up. It is almost impossible to move the wrist after it gets fractured. The fracture causes the wrist or rather the hand to appear deformed. The most common deformity being a Dinner fork deformity (Colles' Fracture). The area around the fracture may experience bruising and a fractured wrist also affects the blood flow in the area. You might even injure your ligaments, tendons, muscles or nerves.
To confirm and check the level of severity, you are generally asked to get an X-Ray done. In order to get a more detailed look at the fracture, you might have to undergo CT or MRI scans as well. Usually, in order to treat a fracture, you will have to wear a splint or a cast and move your hand as least as possible. But keep moving your fingers otherwise they might get stiff.
Most cases of wrist fractures recover well with a very good return to function. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
I am 48 and had married 3 years ago. I have been detected with fibroids in the uterus. Can I remove them and will be able to conceive. Thank you.
Hi After taking unwanted 72 pill and did not have period within one week than m I pregnant? please Dr. tell me I am scared?
Hello meri first pregnancy me 4 month per stich lga tha aur mujhe pura bed rest tha. Kya mujhe second pregnancy me bhi bed rest hi sakta hai. Normal nahi ho Sakti.
Hi, I had first time intercourse with partner, now she feels irritation by touching vagina during wash. What to do?
Can I get genital herpes from a coldsore if ive already had the coldspre virus and my boyfriend perform oral sex while having a coldsore?
I and my girlfriend found of anal sex. But we are afraid to do. We are afraid from pain What we do to enjoy anal sex?
When will be the chances of becoming pregnant? When sperms touches vaginal entry, how much percentage of chance is there to become pregnant? Suitable time for having sex without protection?
I'am confirmed by an urine test today morning. .that I am pregnant. .Tell me any medicine to stop pregnancy. I had a unprotected sex 14 days ago. And missed my period.
Is it safe to have sex during the 5th day of periods or is there any chances of pregnancy? And my next question is sir can presemen can lead to pregnancy?
Infertility or trouble conceiving is getting more common among couples. Sometimes we might hear advice from friends and family or get emails on the best ways to overcome this problem. Most often this information is unhelpful and wrong. Listed below are some of the myths about infertility:
- You need to be relaxed: Chronic stress can cause infertility but the condition itself is medical. Whereas a relaxing vacation can help if infertility is being caused by stress it might be useful to first get a thorough check-up to rule out any medical conditions.
- Infertility is a woman’ problem: Infertility affects both men and women and is not just a woman’s issue. In woman conditions such as polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS, endometriosis, family history and pelvic issues can have an impact on fertility. Whereas in men conditions such as surgery or infections can cause infertility. Infertility in a couple can be caused by either the male or female factors or a combination of both. In some cases, the cause of infertility can remain unexplained
- Age: It is a well-known and proven fact that a woman’s fertility decreases between the ages of 32 to 37 years, there is a decrease in the quality and quantity of eggs produced. However, the rates of male infertility also increase with age. A decrease in semen volume and motility can be experienced by men over the age of 40 years
- Health does not impact fertility: A healthy diet and a weight as close to your ideal weight play an important role in helping you conceive. Being overweight will not only reduce your chances of conceiving but can also pose several health risks for the mother and child such as gestational diabetes and a risk of heart disease. Overweight expectant mothers also have a greater risk of miscarriage.
- Infertility is not a cause for concern if you already have a child: As mentioned above, age is an important factor to consider when dealing with infertility. In addition to age, certain other changes such as weight gain and internal complications caused by the earlier pregnancy can have an impact on getting pregnant a second time.
- Birth control increases the risk of infertility: The use of birth control methods such as pills are necessary if a woman does not wish to get pregnant. But when you stop birth control options the menstrual cycle will regulate and you should not have too much trouble conceiving.
- Breastfeeding will prevent you from getting pregnant: This is not true for all women. According to experts, you need to check if the following are also present: a) complete lack of a period after delivery, b) the baby is only being breastfed and not on any other liquids or solid food c) the baby is less than 6 months
- It’s easy to get pregnant: For couples that are 35 years and below, the chances of getting pregnant is about 20% each month. The conditions necessary for a woman to get pregnant would also have to be right. The sperm would need to reach and fertilize the egg at the peak of ovulation when the endometrial lining is the thickest. Therefore timing and conditions are crucial.
- Certain foods and sex positions will help you get pregnant: This is just not true. It can also not help in determining the sex of the child.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!