Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Jaganath BoramaniYour feedback matters!
How decrease the spectacles no naturally without any operation. My spectacle no is -2 so please help me out.
My eyes are getting red sometimes and good at sometimes, sometimes I feel like irritation. When I wash my eyes it is good for sometime and again eyes turns red. I'm working in software industry. I don't know whether it is because of summer or not! Please suggest me some solutions?
Retinal detachment is an emergency eye condition in which the retina at the back of the eye gets separated from the surrounding tissue and pulls away from its normal position. The retina acts as a light-sensitive wallpaper in the eye, providing a lining for the inside of the eye wall and sending visual signals to the brain. As the retina can't work properly under these conditions, one can permanently lose vision if the detached retina is not repaired immediately.
During the retinal detachment, the retinal cells gets separated from the layer of blood vessels which provides oxygen and nourishment. Usually, it begins in form of small torn area of retina known as retinal tears or retinal breaks. This condition, if not treated, leads to retinal detachment and finally permanent vision loss.
Retinal detachment has tell-tale warning signs like an increase in sudden appearance of floaters resembling cobwebs floating in field of vision. It can be coupled with flashes of light or curtain from any direction causing a loss of vision.
Retinal detachment is of three types. The most common form is Rhegmatogenous retinal detachment where a tear allows fluid to get under retina and prevents nourishment to reach retina from retinal pigment epithelium by separating them. In Fractional form, scar tissue on the retina's surface shrinks causing it to separate from the retinal pigment epithelium. This form is most prevalent with diabetes patients. Lastly, in case of Exudative retinal detachment, the fluid leaks into the area under retina without a tear or breaks in the retina. Retinal diseases or trauma to the eye are main causes for Exudative retinal detachment.
Although a person of any age can suffer from retinal detachment, but it is more prevalent in people over the age of 40. People suffering from degenerative myopia or lattice degeneration are more prone to this medical condition. People with family history of retinal detachment are also likely to suffer from the same.
Retinal detachment can be treated in many ways. The most common form is the Laser surgery in which small tears and hole are joined back to the retina. Another method is Cryopexy in which the area around the hole in frozen and helps reattach the retina. Both the above procedure are performed at ophthalmologist's clinic.
Sometimes, one may have to opt for Scleral buckle in which a tiny synthetic band is attached to the outside of the eyeball which gently pushes the wall of the eye in toward the centre of the eye placing the eye wall very close to the detached retina. Another option is vitrectomy surgery to replace the vitreous that fills the centre of the eye and helps the eye maintain a round shape.
A retinal detachment is an emergency medical condition and must be treated immediately to save one's vision. Most people have been successfully treated for retinal detachment, but ophthalmologists cannot always predict how vision will turn out. The visual outcome will not be known for up to several months after surgery. However the results are best when the retinal detachment is treated as soon as possible.
I am a 44 year old male. I have some slight difficulty reading small print. An optemtrist said I have have a slight number of 0.5 for long distance plus a cylinderical number. She fitted me with specs that help me read better. Why does a spec for long sightedness work for near sight problems? Should I wear this?
My right eye prescription is Sph 5.5, cyl 0.5 axis 170. Left eye prescription is Sph 5, cyl- 0.5. Axis - 180. I want to know my lens power. What will be the difference.
Hello 3 years back my sugar levels were very high in the 300, range. I did the sleeve gastrectomy and lost 40kgs. My sugar levels dropped inspite of being prescribed glycomet sr. I missed my tablets and over ate sweets. Few days ago felt my right eye had a small shadow. Checked with an opthalmologist he says though my sugar levels are normal because I did not control it I have diabetic retinopathy. So stressed. Wondering if this shadow will go as I am controlling my sugar and taking a maintenance drug too. Right now my sugar is normal but eye still has a shadow. Please advice.
Every time I concentrate, watch TV, drive, read, tears form in my eyes. Its like watery always. I don't have any issues in my vision. But if I wear protective glasses the problem seem to disappear. Any ideas why and how to fix this?
Eye floaters can make your vision interrupted as spotted vision will be experienced as a result of this kind of condition. Peripheral vision gets diminished and you will find severe eye flashes that are pretty disturbing. Vision spots are viewed easily and before these spots go worse you should report the same to your doctor.
What are the homeopathic treatments for curing eye floaters?
There are many homeopathic eye drops that are usually recommended for getting rid of the unwanted symptoms or signs of eye floaters. There are some specialized ingredients that are being used in these eyedrops for reducing or eliminating the symptoms. Though homeopathic remedies are safe, but over dosage of these remedies should be eliminated for avoiding unwanted reactions. This is the reason only prescribed medicines should be taken.
Some of the most useful ingredients are as follows:
- Cineraria Maritima: This is one of the leading homeopathic ingredients that are quite helpful in supporting eye circulation. All kinds of eye toxins are completely removed as a result of which vision difficulties can be prevented. On the other hand, eye tissues are thoroughly nourished as a result of using this kind of ingredient.
- Euphrasia: Traditional eye tonics are usually created with the use of this particular ingredient and this is the reason it is of greater importance for curing eye floaters. Different eye related issues can be efficiently dealt by the use of this ingredient like light sensitivity, burning, dryness and many others.
- Causticum: If you are facing tremendous eye pain due to eye floaters, then nothing can be the best option other than choosing those homeopathic medicines that include this ingredient. Spots or cloudiness can be reduced to a great extent with the consistent usage of this ingredient. This is why maximum experienced homeopathic doctors are prescribing the medicines that have this ingredient to most of the patients facing the concerned eye trouble.
- Sepia: Different vision issues can be effectively dealt by this ingredient like veiled vision, spots, glare, light blurring streaks and others.
- Calcarea phosphorica: Painful and blurry visions are being effectively tackled by means of this ingredient. Foreign-body sensation in your eyes can be easily corrected by means of the same.
- Calcarea fluorica: Tiny eye capillaries can be strengthened by means of this specific ingredient. Other troubles of eyes that can be corrected by the ingredient are corneal opacity, cataract, blurry vision and others.