Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jaganath Boramani
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Jaganath BoramaniYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm a male my eyes looks like swaloon up like dark circles and big like how to look nd make my eyes clear and have beautiful eyes please help me out.
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash
Eyes are believed to be the most attractive feature in a person. A pair of beautiful eyes can melt millions of hearts. Skin ageing and its consequences can throw life in jeopardy. Sagging eyelids are one such unwanted consequence. With ageing, the skin loses its elasticity to a great extent.
There is an increased skin accumulation around the upper and lower eyelids. As a result, the eyelids become sagging and droopy. Sagging eyelids can be annoying, affecting a person's overall appearance and self-confidence. In extreme cases, it interferes with the normal vision of the affected individual. Eye irritation is also common.
Thus, the problem needs to be treated at the earliest. Blepharoplasty or the eyelid surgery comes as a huge relief. Here, the surgery is mainly performed to enhance an individual's appearance. To treat sagging eyelids, it is important to get rid of the accumulated skin, loose muscles and fat pads. Procedure is done under local anesthesia.
For upper eyelids, the surgeon makes small punctures along the line of the eyelids. These punctures act as the exit points for the unwanted skin, muscles and fats. Following the removal of the skin present in excess, the punctures are carefully stitched. In case of the lower eyelids, the fat pads are removed through an incision made inside the eyelids. The excess skin can also be eliminated through an incision made along the margin of the eyelashes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.