Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ikshita Asgekar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ikshita AsgekarYour feedback matters!
Infertility can be defined as the inability to get pregnant despite having unprotected sex for more than a year. Infertility can affect both men and women. There are many causes for this. Tubal infertility or infertility caused by blocked or scarred fallopian tubes accounts for around 25% of female infertility. Blockage in the fallopian tubes could also increase the risk of ectopic pregnancies.
The fallopian tubes connect the ovaries to the uterus. When an egg is released by the ovaries, it must travel through the fallopian tubes to reach the uterus. If the egg does not reach the uterus, it cannot be fertilized. There may be many causes for scarring of the fallopian tubes or blockage of the same. Some of the common causes are:
Infertility may be said to be caused by irregularities in the fallopian tubes if no other cause of infertility is found in standard infertility tests. To confirm this diagnosis, a hysterosalpingogram may be conducted. For this test, a dye is injected into the uterine cavity through the cervix. An X-ray is then used to follow the flow of this dye through the fallopian tubes into the abdominal cavity. However, this test does not indicate if the fallopian tubes are scarred. A laparoscopy may also be performed to detect the extent of scarring and damage within the fallopian tubes. In extremely rare cases, tubal catheterization may also be performed to assess the states of the mucus lining the fallopian tubes.
Tubal infertility can be treated in two ways; surgery to treat the fallopian tube scarring or clear blockage and IVF or In Vitro Fertilization. Surgical treatment for tubal infertility depends on the extent of the damage. In the case of scarred fallopian tubes, the scar tissue may be resectioned with lysis of adhesions. In case of blocked fallopian tubes, surgery aims at clearing the blockage so as to reopen the tubes. In some cases, reconstruction of the tubes may also be required.
IVF involves harvesting the eggs from the woman and introducing them to sperm cells in a laboratory. 3-5 fertilized zygotes will then be reintroduced to the woman’s womb. IVF has a much higher success rate as compared to tubal surgery. However, it involves the use of hormone medications and hence is usually considered a last resort. The IVF process can be repeated multiple times in case the pregnancy does not reach full term.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had done HCG Beta blood test on 12.12. 2015 and the report has come as negative. As well as I had done Urine test On 10.12. 2015 and its also resulted negative. But however still I haven't got period till 12.12. 2015. As my menstruation cycle date is 12.12. 2015. How to get period done? What shall I Do? Please help.
Dear madam please tel me safe period for sex with my wife to avoid pregnancy She has periods on every month 7 only One day.
Me and my gf had sex in the 4th day of her period. After that she had light bleeding for few hours. There is any chance of pregnancy.
Bringing a child into this world is one of the most wonderful phases of a woman's life. At the same time, this involves a lot of body changes - physiologically, physically, chemically, and emotionally.
Mommy makeover refers to one or a combination of procedures that are done to alter the appearance after delivery, especially relating to one or more of the following:
- Tummy that is sagging (no fat, just loose skin) with stretch marks
- Breasts that are altered in size and shape, sometimes the enlargement could be completely disproportionate with the body and cause back pain
- Undefined thick waistline with irregular fat accumulation
- Fat deposits on the abdomen, thighs, hips, and trunk that do not reduce with dietary changes and exercise
- Skin changes on the face and around the eyes, giving an aged appearance
- Post cesarean, there is excessive skin around the surgical scar
- Reduces tummy size
- Gives a more youthful appearance
- Alters breasts to the desired shape and size
- Weight loss, if happens, could affect the results
- Subsequent pregnancies don't have any complications with tummy tuck but with another pregnancy the effects may be lessened or reversed.
- Since surgery is involved, the risk of unforeseen complications always exists (for instance, in breast implants, there is capsule formation or capsulitis, in rare cases rupture may require removal.)
Mommy makeover is not a single step procedure, but a combination of plastic surgical procedures that are done depending on the problem you present with.
- Tummy tuck - If there is abdominal sagging, the tummy is tucked back into position by removing the fat and excessive skin and reworking on the belly button.
- Liposuction - Excessive fat deposits in the hips, thighs, trunk area can be removed by sucking out the fat deposits. Most commonly done in the hips and trunk area.
- Breast lift - Sagging uneven breasts, drooping nipples, reduced volume are all indications for a breast lift. During the surgery, the breast tissue is repositioned to reproduce a better shape and size and reposition the nipples if required.
- Breast reduction - Large breasts are a common problem, and breast reduction is one of the most requested for procedures.
- Breast augmentation - Either saline implants or silicone are used to restore breast size and shape to the desired results. Usually, breast lift is combined with breast augmentation.
- Facial corrections - From dark circles to sagging skin to wrinkles, facial appearance can be changed based on the presenting symptoms.
These are very brief descriptions of the various procedures that are done as part of mummy makeover. A detailed consultation with your plastic surgeon regarding costs, subsequent pregnancies, aftercare, recovery, healing, and limitations and risks is to be had ahead of the surgery.