Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Himani SharmaYour feedback matters!
My period is eleven days late my last period was January 6 an my next period due February 3 on February 3 I experience pink to brown discharge when I go to the bathroom for 3 days and I have unprotected sex 12 of February. Could I be pregnant?
According to recent statistics only 40% of Indian women opt for preventive health check. Majority resort to self medication and ignore the signs and symptoms of a major illness. Ignorance and neglect leads to complications and fatality. It is important that every woman understands the importance of her health and prevention. Given below are some aspects that ever women needs to consider and implement:
- Physical examination every 2 to 3 years.
- Breast check- to identify early signs of breast cancer. Mammography- every 1 to 2 years after the age of 40 years.
- Screening for thyroid should be done at regular intervals.
- Screening for diabetes- every 3 years after the age of 45 years.
- Screening for cholesterol and blood pressure - every 5 years after the age of 35 years to reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Women should undergo screening for osteoporosis. Bone mineral density test helps to identify problems early and treatment should be started to prevent fractures.
- Eye examination is essential after every 1 year to prevent eye related problems.
- PAP Smear test - Women at the age of 21 to 30 should undergo a pap smear test every 3 years. This is an essential test for checking cervical cancer. After the age of 30 years. PAP smear+ HPV test should be done every 5 years.
- Screening for ovarian cancer- a vaginal ultrasound is recommended to patients with a family history of cancer in ovary or any pelvic pain should undergo this test.
Consult for any abnormality:
Most importantly if you detect any abnormality in your body it is essential that you consult a doctor immediately. Ignoring or neglecting the signs and symptoms can complicate matters.
I am 21 years old. My date is 27th, unfortunately sexual relation without condom with my boyfriend on after 14 days. After duration, 10 days continuous bleeding. In this month do not have any periods symptoms so I have more fear than what I do? please help me.
I am having hypothyroidism for the past 10 years. I got married on Aug 20 2015. We are trying to get conceive. But we are unsuccessful. Please guide us.
My bf touched my vagina with his penis, although we didnt have sex and he didnt ejaculate either and I am still a virgin. But my periods are 5 days late. I did a pregnancy test on the 31st day and it came negative. But I am concerned as I am not getting my periods. Please advice.
Meri bahen pragnent hai usne mujse kaha ki use bachha nahi chahiye to use bachhe ko girana hai konsi tablet dun use.
I missed my period of this month which is held in 30th of every month I think I am pregnant. But I have to stop the pregnancy so please help me which medicine should I take to stop the pregnancy.
My wife is twin pregnant. Doctor say by ultrasound the position of both baby are beach potidin. Is there any risk for delivery?
I have thyroid tsh 7.5 and pcod. Due to which I have irregular periods. I want to conceive so what should I do?
I'm not getting sleep for more than 38 days ,what shall I do .I had delivered six month old baby due to microcephaly. They used mtp for inducing delivery .may be this will be the reason for small cyst in my right ovary after a month of delivery.
I have 2 simple cyst in left ovary and pain in lower abdomen and lower back, thighs. Nausea , vomiting and smell in everything. And very much pain in near my cycle.
Hi Me and friend got intimate today .and it was a protection failure .and I just realized sperm in her vagina .but we both are in suspense ,what will happen. And just after 1 hour she took I pill but still we both are frightened. What to do?
Metabolism is the word used to indicate the chemical changes which take place in the body necessary for fulfilment of its vital functions.
The rate of metabolism is high when you are physically and mentally very active. Normally, your daily activity starts in the morning hours and therefore, don’t miss your breakfast.
Similarly, your rate of metabolism is the lowest in the night when you rest physically and mentally. Accordingly, your night meal has to be light and early so that it is mostly digested before you go to sleep. Avoid late night dinners.
With this kind of balancing, you can be free from OBESITY
Hi Dr. My wife is 4 month pregnant and have stones in both kidneys and one 11 mm stone block the urine in left kidney. But at that time she is fine, if any time she gets pain what pain killer recommended to eat.
Becoming pregnant is indeed the most special experience for any woman and should be enjoyed. However, at this point you’re not looking only after yourself but also an unborn baby. Hence complications that occur during pregnancy affect both the health of the mother and the baby if not addressed and treated in time.
Here are a few health conditions that are commonly experienced by pregnant women.
- Anemia: A drop in hemoglobin levels or red blood cells count is termed as anemia. In most cases, this is triggered by iron deficiency. You may also feel excessively tired, look pale and experience shortness of breath. Taking iron and folic acid supplements can stabilize iron levels and treat anemia.
- Gestational diabetes: Blood sugar levels often fluctuate during pregnancy. The body’s inability of processing sugars and starch is known as gestational diabetes. Gestational diabetes can be diagnosed with a glucose screening test and an oral glucose tolerance test. If untreated, this can lead to a number of complications during delivery and preeclampsia. Eating a healthy, balanced diet and getting regular exercise can help stabilize blood sugar levels and prevent this condition.
- Depression: For some women, the joy of being pregnant can be overshadowed by extreme sadness. This could be a result of hormonal changes, stress or changes in the brain chemistry. Depression can harm both you and your baby by not motivating you to take care of yourself at this time. To deal with this, avoid alcohol and tobacco smoke both first hand and second hand. Build a support system and if need be consult a mental health professional as well.
- Preeclampsia: This is a condition that can begin around the 20th week of pregnancy. It causes blurred vision, high blood pressure, abdominal pain, dizziness, headaches and swelling of the hands. In some cases, it also causes seizures. Preeclampsia can result in premature delivery as well as trigger a number of other maternal and fetal risks. It can be managed with oral or intravenous medication but only delivery can cure the condition. A regular antenatal checkup should be done.
- Urinary tract infections: Fluctuation in hormone levels can lead to changes in the urinary tract thus, increasing the risk of catching a urinary tract infection. In addition to this, the growing baby in the uterus puts pressure on the bladder and does not allow the bladder to be completely emptied. This stagnant urine is another leading cause of urinary tract infections. Along with kidney infections, it can also cause premature delivery and low birth weight of the baby.