Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gopal K. DeogireYour feedback matters!
My tongue is somewhat white in colour and I have a bad breath. I tried to clean it using a tongue cleaner but it doesn't completely come off and the foul smell remains even after brushing. I am pretty sure the smell is coming from the tongue. What should I do?
Most of people are very ignorent about the primary or milk teeth of their children. They think that there is no need to take care of them because they will be replaced by permanent teeth. But milk teeth are very very important. Because during the growth years of a child if milk teeth are not healthy and if there are cavities and pain, it will inversely affect the growth of child due to lack of proper nutrition intake.
On other hand milk teeth act as a guidance to eruption of permanent teeth. Pre shedding or over retained primary tooth can lead to abnormal eruption of permanent successor. So alway pay attention for proper brushing habbits of your children and if milk teeth are carious and painful then get it filled or get a pulpectomy or pulpotomy procedure by your dentist to make your child smile bright always!
Hi doctor I have a wisdom teeth which formed a year back. And it pains a lot whenever I eat in that affected area so let me get a good solution for this ?
I am 16 years old girl. How to get a diva smile? And how to get white teeth and how to get sexy lips also?
Sir, I've been eating tobacco from last 7 to 8 years, But from last 18 months I leave that habit of chewing tobacco. But I can't able to open my mouth properly. So, give me some idea what can I do. Please suggest. Thanking you Regards Wasim Akram.
This is the most frequently asked question whenever we suggest teeth cleaning. Let me try and clear some misconceptions
Scaling and polishing is professional cleaning of ur teeth. We remove the plaque and tartar ( yellowish white , brownish, blackish deposit on inner side of ur lower teeth)
How will cleaning help you?
For patients it is stoppage of bleeding gums and foul smell. But doctors advice cleaning as more of a preventive treatment rather than curative treatment. Cleaning of teeth will prevent inflammation of gums ( hence no bleeding gums) and bone loss (hence preventing loosening of teeth)
Is cleaning painful?
it cannot be termed painful. U can say causing a bit discomfort but easily bearable by all.
What to expect after u have undergone cleaning of teeth?
1. No bleeding gums
2. Considerable reduction In foul smell
3. U will feel mouth is much lighter
On the downside u will feel
1. Spacing in between ur teeth has increased ( it is not actually the spacing that has increased, but removal of tartar in between ur teeth gives u the feeling that gap has increased)
2.Teeth become sensitive ( it is because a lot of tartar is removed which leaves ur root of teeth exposed to oral cavity. It usually subsides gradually within 15 days)
3. Inner surface of ur lower teeth are rough. ( it is because tartar may not be completely removed from those surfaces. Roughness is felt for 2-3 days only)
4.Lower front four and upper two teeth are sensitive while cleaning of teeth ( it is because those teeth are relatively smaller and less thickness of enamel. Hence vibrations are felt in dentin and hence sensitivity)
As a dentist I would advice to undergo cleaning every 6 monthly.
If not 6 monthly then
1. Whenever u spot yellowish white deposits on inner side of ur lower front teeth
2 . If u Hv bleeding gums
3. If u Hv smelly mouth
4. If u Hv gum problems.
5. If u feel ur teeth are loosening.
Remember it is a preventive treatment. More u neglect , more irreparable damage it causes.
Hope it was helpful . Good day
Pyorrhia me salt Aur gunguna watermai use karna chahta hu jisse bad breath na ho to uske liye kitna salt use karna hoga please tell me sir.
1 am 17 years old guy. Frm last 6 mnths in ever week I got a red coloured measels or don't kno what its so called. Occurrd inside my mouth. and with thz I cant eat any thing and it always pain (jalan) in it. So doctors please suggest what should I do. and I have more query that I am so thin, how should I make my body. Please doctors suggest me. Thank you.
I am 28 years old female and suffering from soft palate swelling pain from last 1 year. Please advise.
I speak very fast. How I can improve it? Is any treatment is there? What is the problem in my mouth? Give me solutions.
I am suffering from chronic mouth ulcers and when I told to a dentist he said it occurs with stress and tension and I want clarification and solution.
Small painful mouth sores can be anywhere in the mouth lips, soft palate, hard palate, cheeks, gum base, tongue and even on the roof of the mouth. When situated inside the mouth, they can cause pain during eating or swallowing, especially with hot or spicy foods. A bigger cause for concern is that these mouth sores or mouth ulcers or canker sores could be an indication of an underlying health condition. A lot of chronic diseases, including HIV, herpes, and syphilis, manifest themselves as mouth sores. The following are some of the health conditions to watch out for when you have mouth sores. Each disease has characteristic appearance and so very often are easy to identify.
1. Herpes simplex (HSV1): The herpes simplex virus causes sores on the lips only which are usually painful with red blisters that last about 10 to 14 days. These are caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 and the sores appear about 20 days after contracting the virus. Also, once they enter the system, they can cause recurrent attacks especially when the immunity is low.
2. Canker sore: The most common type of mouth ulcer, they are also known as aphthous ulcers and are usually seen on the soft tissues of the mouth (not the hard palate or the gum base). These are generally innocuous and heal within 5 to 7 days. Do reach out for medical help if there are more than 5 to 6 bouts of canker sores in a year.
3. Oral thrush: Also known as candidiasis, this is where there are whitish lesions on the tongue and the insides of the mouth. Candida is a fungus that is normally present in the mouth, but when the immune system is weakened, it can lead to an infection, orally manifested as white lesions. These are typical and appear in toddlers and in patients with anemia, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, or cancer patients on chemotherapy.
4. HIV/AIDS: Another disease which first can be diagnosed in the mouth is HIV/AIDS. In the first stages of infection, known as acute retroviral syndrome, where the first symptoms of the disease begin to manifest, oral ulcers are one of the first symptoms. With the other associated symptoms, more workup for diagnosis should be done followed by appropriate treatment.
5. Oral cancers: The lining of the inside of the mouth can develop cancer and usually it appears in the form of chronic non healing ulcer that just does not go away. Seen anywhere in the mouth, nonhealing ulcers are a cause for concern and should be investigated and treated.
As seen above, mouth sores may be harmless often, but in some cases, may have something more to tell about the health in some cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.