Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dipali Ajay ShendarkarYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old male. Last year I had chickenpox which left scars all over my body and my face. I didn't take them seriously then. One year has passed but the scars didn't fade as I had expected. Is there any cure. I also have Stretchmarks please help.
I am 30 years old. Started greying when I was 24. I am 30 weeks pregnant. I consulted an ayurvedic Dr. to get any hair oil to be applied to get rid of or cover grey hair. She told me to wait till delivery and start using oil 28 days after delivery. What's the connection between pregnancy and hair oil application.
Im 21 years old boy. I hv a problem of dandruff. I used many shampoos in order to avoid this problem but all in vain.
I'm 25 years old, since last three years I have skin problems. Many pimples and acne and scares on the face, also have used many skin creams but no result. Please help me how I ll free from this problem?
I am 24 years old malemy face is effected with lot of pimples and black shades. So please suggest me how my face will be brighter?
I have rashes below my stomach part. These rashes are now coming towards my face. I have got a big circular ring on just above portion of my left eye. I have applied Terbinaforce plus tube on every part but it gives me no relief. Please help and suggest me what to do.
I am 25. I'm male. I have dark circles to eyes. I haven't taken any medication. I want them to be removed. My face should become fair.
Hii. Actually I've some of the pimple scars on my face and my forehead is tanned very much which looks different from the rest part of my face. Because of these 2 issues I was rejected for my carrier job in airline aviation industry. Could you please give me some valuable and effective remedy to get rid of these scars and tanned forehead. This is very urgent Thank you !
Fractional laser or Fraxel as it is commonly known in cosmetic surgery terms, is a non-invasive technique to treat various skin problems. A beam of laser is divided into thousands of treatment zones, which are focused on a particular spot on the skin, giving it the name fractional laser.
Conventionally, ablative laser works on the epidermis while non-ablative laser works on the collagen or the dermis layer. Fractional laser is unique in that it works on both these layers. Therefore, in problems involving both these layers, Fraxel works extremely well.
How does it work?
The skin has two layers – epidermis and the dermis. The epidermis is the protective layer and has the melanin-producing melanocytes, which gives the skin, its color. The dermis has collagen and elastic fibers, which gives it skin the elasticity. With age, the skin loses its elasticity and becomes pale, as the collagen degenerates. Less of new collagen is formed, and so aged appearance including sagging, fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, etc. appear.
What Fraxel does is produce 1000s of columns of laser which act on both the dermis and the epidermis and improve collagen formation and removing old cells. The surrounding skin remains intact, and only the area of focus is treated.
What to expect?
- Before the procedure, the doctor will validate if you are a candidate for the procedure.
- Photos will be taken of the area and in people with darker complexion, bleaching or chemical peel may be used
- With face cleaned with soap and water, an anesthetic cream is applied to the skin.
- The laser beam is then applied, usually about 30 minutes.
- The procedure could be painful if the laser beam is strong which makes the use of anesthetic essential
- A cooling device is applied at the end of the procedure, and the area is then washed off
- One may experience redness, swelling, and tenderness for about a week
- New skin will develop in about a week’s time
- Skin peeling can happen in some people, which can be easily removed off without pain
- Adequate use of moisturizer and sunscreen is advised
- Clothing should be protective, include sunglasses, wide hat, and scarf
- Most people require a repeat of 3 to 4 sessions to complete the treatment, with a gap of a month usually.
- Unlike with other skin treatments, the effect from Fraxel takes time. It may take up to 3 to 4 months for the complete effect to show, as it involves complete collagen formation.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I have wet, blocked (one side of nasal) nose every time like with sneezing some times eyes also become affected or become Red. Doctor allergy allergy Is there any solution of that?
Lybrate | Dr. T.K.Anandhi speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY