Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Veterinarians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Dipak KhotYour feedback matters!
Doctor can you help me with my black female lab who is 6 month old. I feel that she has some problem with her coat as I find her hairs more often on clothes and bed. Though her coat looks to be fine, shiny and hairy yet this hair loss concerns me. Is it fine or any sort of symptom? And also how to help with her unclean ears?
I have a lab puppy we gave him curd since he has loose now often he sounds as if he will vomit and coughs a little then.
I want to know about 15 months German Shepherd feed and the health problems which may cause. Thank you.
My rabbit which is 4 months old is getting hiccups and is not frequent. Is that any serious issue to be taken care? What can we do when it gets hiccups? What causes hiccups for rabbits?
Sir,I have female greatdane dog. I observed that near to her vegina two holes with red color infection around it. Because of that she is not that active. I informed to know vet doctor and doctor will visit us within 2 days. Before even I want to understand what kind of it. Please help me out.
I am having a family of rabbits which consist 5 members and each of them having same problem. On there nose and ears they are having disease which looks ugly after then the hairs are also falling. So please give some tips to remove that disease.
Hi my male gsd has turned 1 this April and I want to nueter him also he has developed umbilical hernia, both the operations at same time now is it okay for my dogs health?
I have a 4 month old sable German Shepherd single coat bitch. As she is growing .she is getting slimmer. What should I gave her to make her healthy?
I have a female dog. She is 12 years old .now color of her teeth is changing. Tartar built on her teeth .I just wanted to know how to take care of her teeth?
- Never leave a pet in a car/vehicle alone, even for few minutes. The temperature inside the car goes up substantially compared to outside temperature and can cause life threatening heat stroke in pets.
- Change timings of walks – switch to early morning walks before sun heats up, and late in the night when environment cools down – May be 8AM-8PM!
- Keep ample drinking water available all the time for the pets!
- If you are housing your pets in A/C rooms, make sure to avoid “Temperature Shock”. I.E. Do not take them out immediately from a A/C room, or vice versa. Switch off the A/C let the room temperature become normal and then take them out, so as to minimize temperature difference to which pets are exposed.
- Watch out for TICKS! - Summer is active tick season, and it is better to be safe than sorry. Talk to us for the preventive strategies for tick infestations so as to protect your pets from the tick borne diseases.
Once you know that your dog is in tip-top shape, here are some other things you can do to encourage his or her coat to come out shiny and soft.
- Omega fatty acid: These are full of healthy omega-3 fatty acids that help contribute to a healthy coat, plus they’re delicious to a dog! Add some to the dog’s food.
- Brush: Regular brushing stimulates the skin and hair follicles, which increases the natural production of skin oils that make the coat shiny. Brush your dog at least once every other day.
- Bath: How often depends on your dog, the length of the coat, and how dirty he or she gets. Bathing once a month is a good general guideline—often enough to keep the coat clean, but not so often that you’re stripping the coat of essential oils. Use a moisturizing shampoo that won’t irritate skin. Consider adding a natural conditioner afterwards—those that contain vitamin E are soothing to the skin and hair. Some owners use coconut milk on the pet’s fur for several minutes before bath time.
- A little oil: Stir one teaspoon to one tablespoon of vegetable oil into your dog’s food to keep the coat healthy. Try sunflower, flaxseed, olive, coconut, and safflower, but don’t give them too much—that can lead to diarrhea. Coconut oil may also help clear up skin conditions.
- Herbal remedies: Try horsetail, as it’s high in silica, which is essential in the maintenance of healthy and strong skin, bones, and fur. Spirulina is another natural ingredient that contains protein, B vitamins, and carotenoids. Be cautious, though, not to use too much. Check with your vet on dosage.
- Protection: Dogs who have no shelter from the elements and are kept outside most days will have coats that change to be more thick and dry simply to provide natural protection. You can just let it be for the colder winter months, or provide additional shelter to encourage a shinier coat.
- Oatmeal Bath: Dogs with dull coats often have skin problems, as well. An oatmeal bath helps sooth the skin, tame itching, and leaves the coat soft and shiny. Oatmeal contains vitamin E, so it works as a natural softener. Simply grind one-cup plain oatmeal into a fine powder, fill a tub with lukewarm water, add the powder and stir in until the water appears cloudy, then place your dog in the bath. Pour water on its back and head, avoiding the eyes, and massage for 10-15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
I kept water for stray dog outside my home. Two stray dog drank that. I left that water there itself. On next day my 5 months old cat drank that water. After 30 min my cat bitten me while playing. No blood came but it teared my skin immediately I applied dettol, after 8hr I take TT injection and then after 24hr I take 1st dose anti rabis vaccine (they said injection name abayrash 1 dose 350rs) On day 3 and day 6 I took injection (abayrash 2 and abayrash3) Now doctor telling me 4th dose is not need if cat was healthy. I told that water story. But doctor was in hurry mood and telling IS THAT CAT SAFE? THEN NO NEED. What if dogs are not healthy?
My 2 month old dog is puking from last night. We have him zafron on a vet advice. But it don't stop, also I see that due to some tik powder it sheds his hair very badly. Kindly suggest.
My Dog name is bruzoo, my dog is labera. he is very week and my dog is nothing eat like food pedigree and my dog leg is very slim. Please help me.
My dog is not eating and her activeness has also decreased to a considerable level.What should I do?
Sir maire pass labra hai. Uska back portion bilkul hi jyda weak hai vo chall bi ni patta hai bilkul bii. Koe bolta hai ki usko palayis hai mujhe smjh ni arha hai ki mai kya kruu. Ap guide krea kisi bi doctor ko pta ni lag rha hai usko hua kya hai phle thik tha achi trah chalta bi tha par ab vo khada bi ni ho skta ek min k lea bi
Many animals receive “kennel cough” vaccines that include bordetella and cpi and cav-2 every 6 to 9 months without evidence that this frequency of vaccination is necessary or beneficial. In contrast, other dogs are never vaccinated for kennel cough and diseases are not seen. Cpi immunity lasts at least 3 years when given intranasally and cav -2 immunity lasts a minimum of 7 years parenterally for cav-i. These two virus in combination with bordetella bronchiseptica are the agents, which are often associated with kennel cough, however, other factors play an important role in diseases (eg. Stress, dust, humidity, molds, mycoplasma, etc.).
Thus, kennel cough is not a vaccine preventable disease because of the complex factors associated with this disease. Furthermore, this is often a mild to moderate self limiting disease. It's just like common cold in humans. A course of antibiotics usually is enough to treat the condition. I generally do not recommend kennel cough vaccines unless dogs are staying in a boarding facility that requires them.