Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deviyani Rajgor
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deviyani RajgorYour feedback matters!
Hi, Sir meri skin pe fungs ho gya hai medicine li thi rejency hospital kanpur se jab tak khata hu tab tak relief rahta hai. After some time phir ho jata hai ji Medicine is Itraconazole. Please suggest me something for that.
I am 22 years old and I am male. I have so much pimples and black spots on my face. Please give me solution of how can I remove them and make my face clean.
Hyperpigmentation is a relatively harmless condition, but can affect a person’s self-image and psyche. This skin condition is characterized by dark patches on the skin due to exposure to UV radiation or as a sign of aging. It is caused by an excessive production of melanin in the body. Hyperpigmentation affects people of all ages and with all skin types. However, fair-skinned people are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition than dark skinned people.
This condition can be treated in a number of ways including:
- Laser: Laser treatment for hyperpigmentation improves skin tone and boosts collagen production. With advancement in laser technology, scarring is no longer a very big risk with this form of treatment. Depending on the degree of hyperpigmentation argon or carbon dioxide lasers may be used in with short pulses or long pulses. Treatment can take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes and is relatively pain free.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels rid the skin of its top most layer and bring new cells to the surface. This gives the skin an even tone and eliminates dark spots and patchiness. A light salicylic acid or glycolic acid peel is ideal for hyperpigmentation treatment. This is often used in cases where the patient’s skin is resistant to over the counter topical treatment. The concentration of active ingredients in the peel depends on the skin tone. Mild skin discolouration and blotchiness can be treated with a superficial peel while age spots and freckles require a medium peel.
- Topical ointments: Topical ointments are usually the first form of treatment for hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone or retinol are the most commonly prescribed ointments. Broad spectrum sunscreen that offers protection against UVA and UVB rays can also help prevent further sun damage and dark spots. Skin lightening creams with soy or niacinamide as active ingredients also help brighten skin tones.
Apart from these forms of treatment, there are also a number of home remedies for this condition. Some of these home remedies are:
- Rubbing a freshly sliced or the juice of a grated potato on the skin
- Applying a combination of cucumber and lemon juice on the skin
- A grated papaya face mask
- Soak almonds in milk overnight and then skin them and puree with the milk. Apply this mixture on the affected areas.
- A mask of guava and banana pulp. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Psoriasis is a long term disorder that affects the skin. In this condition, the skin cells start to grow at an accelerated rate with thick red and white welts on the skin. While normal skin cells grow and flake off within four odd weeks, the new skin cells in this condition crowd the skin before these old skin cells go away.
The patches that occur as a result of this condition are known as plaque build-up which mostly appears on the scalp, feet, knees, elbows and lower back. Let us find out more about this condition and how it may be treated with the help of homeopathy:
Causes and Triggers-
The most common triggers for this condition include bacterial and viral infections. Stress during inducing situation also acts as a trigger. Cuts, snake bites or other insect bites can lead to this condition. Smoking and excessive alcohol consumption may also be the cause of Psoriasis. This condition can also appear as a side effect of other medication too.
The symptoms include ridge like patches which are thick and pitted. Also, the patient may complain of pain and stiffness in the joints as well as itching, soreness and puffiness. Scaly spots may also appear on the skin which may eventually become dry and cracked before bleeding begins.
Types of Psoriasis-
There are various types of psoriasis which must be treated in different ways. Scalp psoriasis is a common form, while skin and nail psoriasis may also be found in many patients. Guttate and Palomar Plantar Psoriasis are other rare forms where puss filled sores may appear on the skin.
The main treatment in homeopathy includes working on the immunity of the patient along with a cure for the inflammation. Arsenic Album is one of the main medicines used in this case as well as Kali Brom, which is best for treating cold skin which has blue corrugated sores. Thyrodium may also be used in case the patient is experiencing dry skin with cold hands and feet. Radium Brom can also help in curing excessive itching and oozing that may appear on the face. Apis Mellifica can be used for taking care of rashes that may be caused in this condition while Calendula is a medicine used for topical application. This medicine is used for soothing the skin which has undergone severe inflammation. Sulphur is a homeopathic medicine that is used for a variety of skin ailments and disorders.
Length of Treatment-
One must remember that homeopathy treatment is a long term process and it usually takes time for the effect to start showing on the condition and symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!