Lybrate.com has top trusted Occupational Therapists from across India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Occupational Therapists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepika A. Gawand
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Arthrogryposis
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Deepika A. GawandYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, I have tears in my elbow ligaments fibers I have done Mri how long it will take to heal form 2 months I am having this pain what to do? I have tried everything Dr. but not working pain keeps on coming please help me.
For 2 month I am suffering a kata has injured my feet now it is like kulati And this kulati is very pain ful.
Sir I have problem of uric acid and my uric acid level is 9.8% and I have joint pain in my wrist I have tried many ayurvedic medicines but no use please help me.
My left thigh bone is paining when I sleep at night. When I walk it feels as if my thigh bone is rubbing against something and feels painful if I step on some uneven surface. Also when I try to massage from oil I feel some growth type thing in the upper part of my thigh bone. Its very painful, my doubt was is it some swelling or serious fracture.
My mom is above 55 age. Her left leg is getting bent by the knee, Doctor its due to calcium. I do not know for sure, because lots of people her age suffer some or other pain in the leg kind of problem, please advise of the exact condition. Thanks.
I have heavy pain in my foot bottom side. And took these medicines borncal-plus, zotrip dp, pangold DSR and pyridolo oil but no relief. What can I do please suggest better .so I can get relief. When I took these medicines little bit relaxed and after some hours repeat same problem heavy pain.
Bone loss is a silent condition that occurs over the years as you age. It is a condition when the bones become weak and fragile. Many people may not even know that that they are suffering bone loss until it leads to serious conditions such as Osteoporosis. Bone loss resulting in osteoporosis is more in women than men. It is estimated that one of every three women above 50 years suffers from osteoporosis related fracture.
What causes bone loss?
Bones are made of minerals, calcium, and phosphate. Bones are being constantly destroyed and refoemed within the body. As long as your body balances the process, your bones stay strong and healthy. However when the bone decay out grows the bone formation process, bone loss and a host of other problems occur. Some of the common causes bone loss are:
- With growing age, the body starts to reabsorb phosphate and calcium instead of keeping it in the bones. This makes the bones weak. When the process continues for a long time, it leads to osteoporosis.
- If your diet doesnot contain high calcium foods, then your bones donot get enough calcium.
- Smoking and drinking can make your bones weak.
- Medical conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, chronic kidney disease can cause bone loss.
- Sometimes medicines can also result in bone loss.
What are the symptoms of bone loss?
- Receding gums: Our teeth are connected to the jaw bone and if the jaw starts losing bone then it causes receding of gums. Loss of jaw bone is linked to lower bone mineral density.
- Decreased grip strength: Hand grips strength decreases due to low bone density.
- Weak and brittle fingernails: You may find your fingernails have become weak and brittle.
- Cramps, muscle pain, and joint ache: Pain in muscles and joints are an important indicator of vitamin D deficiency, which is a vital component for healthy bones. Cramps in legs and foot at night are an indicator of deficiency of potassium and calcium in the bones.
- Height loss: This is a common problem that comes with age. But there are other factors that lead to height loss such as poor posture and fractured vertebra. Poor posture can cause bone loss.
- Overall low fitness: If you notice that your overall fitness has declined which includes your balance, muscle strength then you may be suffering from bone loss.
Can homeopathy treat osteoporosis?
Homeopathy has the most effective and holistic approach to treat osteoporosis. Homeopathy doesn’t intend to cure bone loss, instead, it tries to treat the underlying health condition that leads to osteoporosis. Consult a homeopath online. Some of the important homeopathy remedies are:
- Calcaria Phos: It is a very effective remedy for osteoporosis It helps in increasing the absorption of calcium from the food. It is a bone builder and creates new cells.
- Calcaria Iod: This is a great remedy to treat loss of bones as well as loss of muscles and fat.
- Alendronate: Alendronate is given to patients suffering from osteoporosis which is caused by steroid treatment. It reduces the release of calcium from the bones to the blood.
- Calcitonin - Salmon: Calcitonin-Salmon is a man-made hormone used to treat osteoporosis.