Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DeepaliYour feedback matters!
I had protected sex on 19th june after my period got over (16 june) my due date for next month is 11 july, I also had taken unwanted 72 within 72 hrs (21 june, today I am having bleeding is it a withdrawal bleeding due to pill? Am I pregnant. I am diabetic from last 10 years and take medicines and insulin on regular basis. I am also feeling nauseated is there chance of pregnancy as I used condom and took pill within 72 hrs and also got withdrawal bleeding? Pls sugest me I want to avoid pregnancy.
In preparation for the possibility of conception, a woman's body undergoes the menstrual cycle every month which culminates into the periods. This is a normal process which all women of reproductive age go through every month. However, in certain cases, the periods can be really painful where you may suffer from menstrual cramps or could be generally in much pain. This condition is known as Dysmenorrhea.
What exactly is Dysmenorrhea
As mentioned above, Dysmenorrhea is a disorder that many women got through while having their periods where they may suffer from painful cramps. The pain usually occurs in the pelvis area along with the lower abdomen and it may also be accompanied by other symptoms.
Some symptoms of Dysmenorrhea
Some of the symptoms of Dysmenorrhea could be any combination of the following factors
I. Very painful menstrual cramps accompanied by lower back pain
II. Diarrhea and nausea along with the cramps
III. Pain in the inner thighs, lower back and hips
IV. Being hypersensitive to light, loud sounds, specific smells and touch
V. Being fatigued all the time, even causing you to faint
Causes of Dysmenorrhea
Dysmenorrhea is usually caused by the contraction of the Uterus. While the uterus does contract a little even in normal periods, during Dysmenorrhea the contractions tend to be a little too much. Due to this the uterus presses against the blood vessels and organs within the vicinity causing oxygen loss to them. This causes elevated levels of pain and discomfort.
Some of the underlying causes which may result in Dysmenorrhea are:
1. Narrowing of the cervix - Also known as stenosis, the lower part of the uterus which is the cervix may become narrow due to scarring and cause Dysmenorrhea.
2. Endometriosis - This is where the uterine lining is found outside the uterus, especially in the pelvic cavity and thus may cause painful cramps.
3. Inflammatory pelvic diseases - This is when a bacterial infection in the pelvic area can spread to multiple organs, including the uterus and thus may cause painful menstrual cramps.
4. Tumors - Tumors or fibroids which are unwanted growths on the inside of the uterus may also trigger Dysmenorrhea.
What to do if you are suffering from Dysmenorrhea
Below are some of the basic steps which you can take to ease pain from Dysmenorrhea
1. Avoid smoking and abstain from alcohol
2. Ample rest during periods
3. Keep the body dehydrated
4. Don't consume foods high in salt
5. Don't drink coffee or any caffeine rich foods
6. Lower back massages and hot water bag treatments to relieve pain
If severe pain still persists for long or if dysmenorrhea occurs repeatedly, then you should consult a doctor first rather than trying to resolve the problem yourself.
Hello doctor, my friend is confused about her pregnancy, her bf did fingering in his vagina. An her period date was 18 Nov an today is 21 Nov .so she is confused about her pregnancy.
My wife is 8 months pregnant and suffering from head pain,Cold and fever and her leg constantly pains. please help me with this.
Hi sir My wife is 28 yrs. She is having pus in urine with rythmic fever and vomiting She is also taking medicines for conceiving please Suggest how can this problem overcome of pus.
I am 20 week pregnancy. I have 3 times White discharge in small amount through vagina.In whole day. And when I go to stool pass, small amount of white discharge occurred. In pregnancy, how much discharge is normal? Please suggest me.
My age is 58 and my wife is 50. What should be the ideal frequency of sex per month so that no weakness is felt in our body. We feel pain after sex in thigh for some time. I have problem of Erectile. What do you suggest for me?
My girlfriend is under treatment for ovarian cyst. She has been prescribed the medicine FEMILON which she has been taking for past 2 months. This month (3rd), it was the 3rd day of her FEMILON tablet when we had unprotected sex that too very less time. Is there any need to take some EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTIVE PILL as she is already on FEMILON from last 2 months. We are worried about the side effects of ECP and if complications may occur in the cyst treatment.
Am 19 year old girl I had took ipill in the last month and got into periods but this month I did not get yet. My chums date was on 26th of November and I did not have sex this month. So what does it mean? Why is delayed is this normal getting 2nd period late after ipill? Or does that mean I am pregnant? Please help me out with this.
The nine days of Navaratri comprises of nine days of explicit celebration be it regarding meeting friends, hanging out with family, eating food, or going for pandal hopping. During these nine days, the enjoyment quotient is at its peak, so a lot of dietary imbalances are seen as an individual is either fasting or groping on high-calorie food or going on whole night trips. Overall, it is a total phase of biological discrepancy that is pretty welcoming as everybody loves going beyond time conventions once in a while.
The importance of following a diet post celebrations-
Our body does take a toll in these nine days. Moreover, after the 9-Days fasting in the Navratri and after all the pomp and show has ended, a person feels a lack of energy. So, after these nine days, one should follow an energy boosting diet that will replenish the tired soul and body. Non-vegetarians may become protein-deficit during these fasting days, hence during the post-Navaratri diet, one should also back up his or her non-vegetarian protein content as majority follow fast rituals or prefer eating vegetarian foods during these days.
- Food with soy content: Soya beans contain phosphorus, vitamin B, and copper - all three are beneficial for boosting energy. Phosphorus and copper convert food to energy and vitamin B breaks down carbohydrates for energy. Soya curries can be accommodated in meals.
- Eggs: Having eggs for few days is important. The yolk of the egg is a high source of vitamin D and B and is rich in protein as well. Vitamin B fragments down food to promote energy and vitamin D makes bones stronger.
- Lean meat: Meat eaters will love this one. Whether you love chicken, pork, beef or turkey, you're assured of sustained energy. It also contains norepinephrine and dopamine that apart from boosting energy uplifts mood as well.
- Beetroot juice: Drinking a glass of beetroot juice before a workout will make your body work for long hours without making you fatigued. Beetroot is abundant in vitamin A and C both of which helps in reducing fatigue and building stamina which is needed in these phase as all the holidays are over.
- Have some chocolates: Yes, you read it right. Have some chocolates without any guilt. The entire fasting period and the celebrations getting over apart from taking a toll on the health issues also do affect our mood. Chocolate act as a great mood elevator apart from rendering us with the boost of energy.
- Water: A diet can never be complete without a proper amount of water intake. During Navaratri people neglect on their daily 7 to 8 glasses of water so during these days it is important to fill it up.
Stuff yourself with these goodies and gear up to face the post-festive work days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
My problem is irregular periods, well I gone to hospital and took tests. Everything is normal but the problem is hormonal imbalance. So the doctor said, even after completing tablets for hormonal imbalance you can't treat permanent solution. Is that true? What should I do now?
My wife get her period only for 2 days but her periods is on time i.e regularly sometime only 1 or 2 days difference has been seen. please suggest she need to visit games or not.
I'm 23 years old girl, I am taking medicine for cyst and thyroid from a homeopathic Doctor for past 6 months, before that I was taking medicine for dinner same problem from allopathic, I had to change because it was not suiting me, but I am not able to control my hairfall, it is in very bad condition, please help me.
You must be aware that while emotional intimacy is highly required for a healthy relationship, physical intimacy is equally important. And, to keep things exciting and satisfying for both the partners trying out several sex positions could be the key.
If you are looking for ways to stimulate your woman to achieve orgasm and ensure pleasurable intercourse moments, mission in-her-possible, a variant of the popular missionary position, can be a good option to try. Understand the intricacies involved with this position by reading further.
What it has to offer to the women?
Women who face difficulties in having an orgasm very often can find this particular sex positions, especially known for its stimulation, is an ideal position to try. Offering the perfect clitoris and G-spot stimulation in its every thrust, it can be one of the best sex positions that can give a woman that perfect long elusive taste of pleasure when a man presses his pelvis against her clitoris. With one leg placing up in the air and one leg placing on the bed, it lets women feel the pleasure of sex and stimulation like never before.
Why will men love it too?
Men who often feel self-conscious and worried about not being able to make their partners achieve an orgasm or stimulate properly, this position can take away all their worries. Though it may demand a bit of endurance from the men's side as they have to lean forward, relying upon the resting leg of women for further guidance and support, and also a certain penis size, still, considering the results, trying this position is worth all the efforts.
Some quick facts about the position
- Numbered as 13, mission in-her-possible is for specifically experienced couples. Yes, considering the difficulty levels of it, sexologists recommend it to those who have previous experience in trying various sex positions.
- It doesn’t require much of stretching, despite appearing to be so. While the level of pleasure, acquired from this position, can be low for men but as far as women are concerned, pleasure level it provides is high.
- The position may not be very suitable for men with a small penis and for the women who experience pain during intercourse. Men with a penis size of 7 inches or more may be perfectly suitable for this position.
- The requirement of both stamina and flexibility for this position is medium and the pleasure quotient is high.
Remember, whenever trying this particular sex position, both the man and the woman must feel comfortable with each other. Trying ‘mission in-her-possible' indeed helps in improving the chances of women having an orgasm, but it is only possible when the interest of trying it develops in both the partners, participating in the sexual act. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 48 years old. In april I was having period for 12 days, then it is stopped during may and june. Then suddenly from July 12 it is started and still bleeding is continue. It is almost 25 days gone. What to do. It is sometimes black and red also.
I got and abortion done o month ago and that very month I think I got pregnant again so I took an I pill but I didn't bleed. Day before Yesterday again I think I got pregnant. I don't know if I should take an I pill? I'm really scared.
After 1st sitting, you might face problem of ulceration, then you would be prescribed with relieving gel, apply it with cotton applicator tip.(you can use ear bud)