Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Cyril John D'SouzaYour feedback matters!
My son is 8 years old. Before 3 year he undergo through open heart surgery due to asd hole by birth. That time his weight was 25 kg. Now his weight is 45 kg. He is continously gaining weight after surgery. His vocal cord pitch is also very high. What is cause and reason? For treatment whom to consult.
My daughter is three nd half years now. We joined her in a very reputed playschoo last month in their summer camp. The first day she was so happy and energetic. Then we decided to put her in the daycare section after the summer camp as she was happy and we both r working. But the second day I had a call from school that she is not stopping crying and come and pick her. While talking to her caretaker she told me that my daughter accidentallypied in the class room and she got embarrassed and started crying. But the next day onwards she is not willing to go to school. Crying from the evening and telling I do not want to got to school do not let me go like that. We r also so much emotionally disturbed these days. But we continued to leave her to school. Now the vaccination going. We can not find whats wrong happened. We tried alot to convince her telling lots of positive things but still she is not ready. Please give some advice.
My son is too active not sitting in one place. I wanted to identify whether he is a hyper active child his age is 2 years & 3 months old. How to identify whether he is a normal child or hyper active child.
My 3 years girl child suffering from increase of body temperature (1 to 2 degree) and vomiting from yesterday. She didn't eat food properly from 2 days. What medicine can I give to my child to get well?
My 13 month old son suffering from fever from 2 days, his temp. Is 100 above, there is no cough. Please advise.
My son is 3 years old. He is frequently suffering from cold & cough. Once it comes it will take month or so to cure. Even After cold is over cough will be there always slightly & it is severe when cold is more. What to do for cough & cold especially for cough?
I am confused whether to give my 7 month old son flu vaccine as it is listed as optional in the vaccination schedule. I live in kolkata and have not seen anyone suffering from influenza in the near past in my area. Please advise.
7-8 kg at 9 months is good weight at this age. It is not necessary to add powdered badam etc. The tiny particles of badam can cause problems. Wait till the child at least one year old.
Hello Doctor. My son is 16 months now. He is extremely hyperactive child, showing the following symptoms- 1) He doesn't like to play with toys. He just likes climbing on tables, chairs and window grills. 2) If we get him new toys, he will just see it for a few minutes and then throw it away. 3) He wants to be out of the house all time. He cry's to go with any unknown person when they are leaving the house. 4) If we keep him out, he will just start walking. He will not even care to see if we are there with him or not. 5) He is very impatient for something he likes. For example he is very restless while feeding him oranges. He will not allow you to peel it. He just wants it immediately and will hit you if you don't give him fast. 5) Although we keep talking to him, till now he doesn't utter any words, no actions like'bye' etc. He only yells aloud. 6) He just cannot sit in one place and needs someone constantly. If you don't play with him even for a few minutes, he will put his head on the floor and start moaning in frustration. 7) He has been a troublesome child right from birth. Hardly used to sleep for just a few minutes during the whole day and night. Now, although his sleeping pattern has improved during the nights. During the day he still sleeps less. Probably around 1 hour if at all he sleeps. 8) When he was smaller, around 9-12 months, he used to watch television advertisements with great attention. He would not blink his eyes even if you nudge him or pat him lightly on his head. This is the only thing that grabs his attention, even now. Doctor, is my child showing signs of any disorder or is it too early to predict? Does he need any treatment? please help. Thanks.
Hi, my 2 1/2 year old daughter has severe cough from past 10 days. Tried many syrups but didn't work. Not sure whether its due to reflux or infection in lungs. Looking for a best pediatrician who doesn't do experiments on children. Please do the needful. Thanks in advance.
My son is 8 yr old and was admitted in Fortis hospital for typhoid and recovered but after 10 days he had stomach ache and vomiting and diagnosed as viral and given Ondem and Meftal- spas SOS but had temporary relief frequently complaining the same first weak of July he start going to school again had vomiting, loose motion and stomachache and white smelly stool does not want to eat anything become very weak and irritable and also had salivation while sleeping. Please advice.
My 14months daughter was born with low birth weight (1.75kgs). She doubled her birth weight by 5 months, but since then her weight has not increased much. Started solids after six months. Before that she was exclusively breastfed. She has got a mild pulmonary valvular stenosis but docs told it has got nothing to do with her weight gain. She is only 4kgs now. Twice during winter she has to be hospitalised with respiratory distress with upper respiratory tract infection (viral). Since than she was on nebulizer for 5 months. Done many blood tests there to find out the reason behind her poor growth as well but all test gave normal report. Only she has very high eosinophil level and high WBC count. Mentally she is alert and very active. Kindly advise what to do to improve her condition of FTT. Right now I am giving her high calorie foods like banana, sweet potato, egg yolks daily. She does not like milk at all. So I am making porridges n pudding with it and feeding her. Also she is suffering from chronic constipation since she started solids. From past two months she has to be given milk of magnesia twice daily.
My nephew 7 year old facing nosebleeds from last 3 years. Consulted 2 3 doctor but they say it happens due to weak vain of nostril. Please suggest me what should we do.
My son was born underweight 1.8 kg. He is now one year old but his weight is not increasing as expected. Please suggest some ways to increase his weight.
Coughing is a common problem of the respiratory tract and often indicates a deeper problem. It can be very irritating and can affect eating habits and socialization. A cough which persists for more than 4 weeks is believed to be chronic in nature. Tuberculosis (TB) is the most common cause of chronic cough in India. TB is an airborne bacterial infection caused by the organism, 'Mycobacterium tuberculosis', that primarily affects the lungs, although other organs and tissues may be involved. Cardinal features are:
- Chronic cough with or without sputum.
- Fever more in the night time.
- Poor appetite.
- Unintentional weight loss.
Read on to know about other common causes of chronic cough and how to manage them.
- Allergies: People with allergies usually have a chronic cough, which gets aggravated when exposed to the allergens such as pollen or environmental dust. Staying away from allergen provides relief. Antihistamines are also useful, which most people detected with allergies keep in handy. Inhalers might be required, if there is associated congestion or shortness of breath.
- Asthma: This is a very common chronic condition, caused by inflammation and swelling of the lungs, in addition to wheezing and shortness of breath. Asthma patients often suffer from a chronic cough. An asthma attack usually happens during the night or early morning, and is triggered by colds, cigarette smoke, air pollutants or allergens, which can even include certain foods. Most asthmatics usually carry their steroids, inhalers, and bronchodilators, as the onset of attack can be unpredictable.
- Bronchitis: This condition of inflammation of the bronchial region is very common among smokers and among the elderly. There is excessive mucus accumulation, which the body tries to clear via coughing. The lungs are weakened and therefore, the coughing is painful.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): This is a problem of the digestive system, but regurgitation of food into the airway induces cough. GERD is a chronic issue and so most people also end up with a chronic cough. It is worse with sitting up than with sitting down. Treatment includes H2 blockers to suppress acid production and dietary changes including small, frequent meals and avoiding spicy food items.
- Upper airway cough syndrome: There could be multiple problems in the upper airway, which leads to a constant postnasal drip. Here, there is constant dripping of the sputum into the air passage, which can lead to a chronic cough whenever there is impaired air flow. This can be caused by various forms of chronic sinusitis and rhinitis. People diagnosed with this condition usually resort to antihistamines and decongestants for relief.
- Other causes: There are a number of other causes as noted below. Smoking, tuberculosis, congestive heart failure, pertussis or whooping cough, foreign body in the airway, cancer in the airway passage, chronic aspiration of foods, etc. can all lead to chronic cough.
The key is to identify the reason that is causing the chronic cough. Most people who are diagnosed are educated to handle it and carry the required medications including steroids, bronchodilators, and inhalers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
How to cure fungal infection on genital area? I am suffering from fungal infection with skin rashes and itching on genital area.
Loving our children in a real way:
- Loving my daughter/son comes so easily when
- She/he wins a competition,
- Gets high marks,
- Listens to me,
- Keeps her room clean,
- Finishes her food,
- Pays attention while studying,
- Sleeps on time,
- Never raises her voice and
- Practices dance/singing/drawing without me reminding her.
That's the easy way to love.
However when I look back at my childhood I realize that the moments I really wanted love badly were when
- I scored less marks,
- Failed in a competition,
- Couldn't fall asleep,
- Didn't feel like studying,
- Wanted to laze around,
- Didn't finish the tiffin,
- Didn't complete homework,
- Forgot an important assignment,
- Fought with a friend,
- Had a heartbreak,
- Committed a mistake,
- Felt guilty,
- Felt lonely.
These were the moments when I needed my parents the most, I needed their assurance that it is okay to be human, to fall, to get hurt and what I wanted to listen in those moments was" I know it hurts, but i'm here with you. Maybe we can't do anything about what happened, but i'm here with you. And I love you for what you are, always"
This is real and unconditional way to love!
Yes I wanted to hear" I love you" loud and clear. It was the only thing that could heal my heart. Love!
It's the moments when we lose control of ourselves that we want someone to hold us, isn't it? you don't need to be perfect. Just be real!
Do you chose love the easy way or the real, unconditional way?
Today no matter what your child does, choose love and see how it heals you as a parent.