Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Cyril John D'SouzaYour feedback matters!
My baby is 5 month old she is passing lot of gas and she had pain in her stomach. Whole night she was crying. Frequently this problem occurs and she spends sleepless nights only crying. She is being formula fed we r giving her NAN PRO 1.
Causes of Eczema:
The specific cause of eczema remains unknown, but it is believed to develop due to a combination of hereditary (genetic) and environmental factors.
Children are more likely to develop eczema if a parent has had it or another atopic disease. If both parents have an atopic disease, the chances increase further.
Environmental factors are also known to bring out the symptoms of eczema. These include:
- Irritants - soaps, detergents, shampoos, disinfectants, juices from fresh fruits, meats, or vegetables
- Allergens - dust mites, pets, pollens, mold, dandruff
- Microbes - bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus,viruses, certain fungi
- Hot and cold temperatures - hot weather, high and low humidity, perspiration from exercise
- Foods - dairy products, eggs, nuts and seeds, soy products, wheat
- Stress - it is not a cause of eczema but can make symptoms worse
- Hormones - women can experience worsening of eczema symptoms at times when their hormone levels are changing, for example during pregnancy and at certain points in their menstrual cycle.
Cradle cap is a slick, yellow scaling or crusting on a child's scalp. It is regular in children and can be effortlessly treated. Cradle cap is not a part of any ailment and does not indicate poor care of the child. It is the usual development of sticky skin oils, scales, and sloughed skin cells. It is not harmful to your child and generally leaves by an infant's first birthday. Some of the recommended ways to treat cradle cap are listed below:
Baby shampoo: Shampoo might be the absolute best approach to treat cradle caps in babies. Regular shampooing can get rid of a flakey scalp and make it a smooth one. Abstain from getting the shampoo in your child's eyes. In case you are uncertain about using it, ask a doctor or specialist for guidance. Do not utilize shampoos that contain groundnut oil or shelled nut oil on children under five years of age.
Olive oil: Olive or almond oil is regularly used to heal cradle cap. Try rubbing it on the infant’s hair and give it a chance to sit for some time, then delicately rub with a soft toothbrush.
Coconut oil: Every mother uses coconut oil for many reasons. It is the most effective treatment. It smells astounding as well. Put a little on your child's head every evening and wash it over the next morning with an infant brush.
Vaseline: A considerable number of mothers use Vaseline. Apply it on the hair around evening time and by morning, the cradle cap will be a little improved.
Fine-toothed comb: This is a lice brush and is very useful. However, with a little oil, this is most likely one of the least demanding and quickest approaches to evacuate those flakes.
Shea butter: Applying Shea butter on the scalp is a great approach. Rub it on the hair, then brush it off gradually. It brings about the ideal result, as indicated by a few mothers.
Home treatment is normally all that is required for support. Here is how one needs to do it:
An hour prior to shampooing, rub your child's scalp with infant oil petroleum gel to lift the coverings and flakey scales.
Before applying the shampoo, first get the scalp wet, then tenderly rub the scalp with a delicate swarm brush (a delicate toothbrush would work too) for a couple of minutes to remove the scales. You can attempt to tenderly remove the flakes with extreme attention to detail.
At that point, wash the scalp with baby shampoo, flush well, and tenderly towel dry.
In case that your child's cradle cap gets to be swollen or infected, a course of anti-infection agents or an antifungal cream or cleanser such as ketoconazole might be recommended by a specialist. A gentle steroid cream such as hydrocortisone may likewise be suggested for an irritant rash.
5 practical ways to boost your child's immunity
Children are as vulnerable as they are adorable. Their immune system is not as strong as that of adults, so they are easy victims to environment borne diseases like cold, cough, influenzas and other infections. Here are 5 practical and easy ways in which you can boost your child's immunity and make sure that your role as a parent is sufficiently fulfilled.
1. Decide judiciously what he is supposed to eat and drink
Your child's daily diet must contain a lot of fruits, vegetables, juices, organic foods and proteins. Healthy fats like butter, pastured eggs, coconut etc. Are also essential as they help in absorbing important vitamins like vitamins a, d, e, k and others. Even your child's water intake should be at an optimal level. Processed food and excessive sugar intake should be avoided as they add to your child's calorie count.
2. Get your child to exercise
Regular exercise is a must. It may include running, swimming, jumping or simply strolling. Screen time should be limited as much as possible as those video games and i-pads are robbing your child of his immunity. Make sure your child spends a few hours outside in the sun so as to absorb vitamin d that is obtained from sunlight, for his immunity.
3. Ensure a clean and hygienic environment for your child
You must make sure that that your child learns to keep himself clean. Teach him to wash his hands whenever necessary and tell him not to sneeze and cough in a way that spreads germs. Maintain a clean and healthy environment in and around your home but make sure that you don't shoo away the good bacteria that prevent diseases.
4. Cut down the stress levels of your child
It is very important for you to recognise and eliminate stress from your child's life to ensure immunity for him. Do not force your will upon your child and let him follow his heart. Help him relax if he is stressed and talk to him patiently about things that are worrying him. Maintain a healthy and loving environment in your family to help your child grow.
5. Ensure you child gets adequate rest
Make sure that your child gets adequate amount of comfortable sleep. It is important for you to make your child understand the benefits of sleeping early. This not only increases his/her immunity but also helps him/her to stay attentive and focussed.
Dear doctor, my neice (8 years old) is affected by brucellosis/pleural effusion/pyopericardium/partial pericadiectomy done/collagen vascular disorder, she is discharged from hospital after a month of icu care. Now almost everyday she gets high fever and pimples in complete body.
If mother milk is not enough for baby feeding then what amount of lactogen or nan pro milk should be given to baby?
Hi I have a kid of 4.4 years. She is intelligent with good grasping power. The only habit which is not good that she used tell our home secrets to her bus attendant (lady). Every thing like of any fight occurred between me and my husband, if I dnt give her noodles. I can't give her noodles everyday which I do occasionally. Please help me how I can improve her this habit. Thanks.
My baby is born on 24thdecember 2015. He got a disease. A whole body have allergy. Doctor said its because of decrease of immunity. For increasing immunity for my baby what I have to do?
I believe that my 7 month old son has some teething problem due to which he seems to have been defecating numerous time (loose motion types). Is there some medicine which can reduce the loose motion?
My boy baby stop the breast feeding I have some milk powder. This milk powder without sugar. I can add sugar it is right or wrong.
My son is 8 yrs old, his mouse stinks whenever he wake up in the morning, very bad smell is coming from his mouth, please tell me any good tooth paste or any other thing that can permanently remove the bad odour from his mouth
Oliade oil can use, How many month's for babies it's can continue for long period it's a mediated oil it for save for long period.
A part of the lymphatic system, tonsils work hand in hand with the body’s immune system. Some reasons for enlarged tonsils are as follows:
Common cold (viral)
Enlarged tonsils can cause various health problems if left untreated. Often, tonsil infections can result in vomiting symptoms—something not quite treatable using traditional and allopathic medicinal practices which often look to surgery to remove the tonsil and provide relief.
Homeopathy is gaining popularity in treating kids with enlarged or infected tonsils. The homeopathic approach acknowledges the tonsil as an integral part of the body’s immune system and thus discourages surgical treatments of tonsil related problems. Homeopathic medicines are safe and can be used for prolonged periods without any side effects.
The homeopathic approach to enlarged tonsils works in the following way:
They bring down the size of the tonsil back to normal thus converting the tonsil from its unhealthy enlarged state to its normal, healthy one.
They enhance the immunity and resistance to allergic reactions/attacks from exposure to allergens.
They reduce the occurrence and frequency of common cold and influenza.
Cases have been recorded when traditional and allopathic approaches to tonsil infection failed and the patient was saved due to homeopathic treatment.
I have a baby girl. She is 6 months old. She had a fever cold. She is not sleeping without ac. Please advice what to do?
My son (4.5 years) complains of stomach ache all the time. He is suffering from stomach ache since 2 years. We had got scanning done a year back and our family doctor found nothing. But he still complains of stomach pain. He experiences this pain when he eats any thing or drink milk, sometimes even on empty stomach. He never over eats or drink too much of anything. In fact I feel he does'nt eat or drink enough for his age and he is 11.00 kgs in weight.
With the word accident, the first thing that comes to our mind is a traffic accident or an outdoor accident. We all may usually relate accidents with outdoor hazards, but little do we realize that the place that we consider to be the safest, that is, our homes, has a number of hazards itself. Accidents at home are usually caused due to negligence. Children are especially prone to be hurt by such accidents. Just like we stay careful outside our home, it is also important to maintain safety indoors to prevent accidents.
Here are some of the common accidents that occur mostly to children along with the preventive steps that can help you to avoid them:
1. Fall: Falling is one of the most common accidents that children experience. There may be a number of factors such as objects scattered on the floor, the floor being slippery, unstable walking of the child, lack of supervision, etc.
- Keep floors clean, dry and free from unnecessary obstructions.
- Always keep a check on your toddler as he learns to walk
- Do not keep babies unattended when they are sitting on a high surface
- Keep the bed rail of the baby cot raised whenever the child is in it
2. Choking: Choking is a serious condition that leads to breathlessness due to accidental swallowing of foods or objects, covering head by blankets, strangulation, etc.
- Avoid toys that have small detachable parts
- Keep a watch on your child when he/she plays with small objects
- Keep children away from buckets or tubs filled with water
- Never allow your children to play while eating
3. Burns: Burns may occur from contact with hot objects, hot water or fire.
- Make sure that you don't hold a child and a hot object or beverage at the same time
- Make sure that your child doesn't enter the kitchen without supervision
- While preparing warm water for bathing your child in, always check the water temperature beforehand
4. Poisoning: Poisoning takes place under conditions of food poisoning or accidental swallowing of harmful substances like detergents, insecticides or drugs.
- Keep all medicines, detergents, soaps and chemicals out of the child's reach
- Store all chemicals and toxic substances in their respective containers or make sure the containers are labelled properly
- Always keep a first-aid box ready at hand if you have a child at home. For severe conditions talk to a doctor or visit a hospital immediately.
It is the most common problem seen in society today. A migraine is a common neurological condition characterised by a headache, but some people have associated symptoms of eye and ear.
Classic symptoms of a migraine:
- Severe throbbing headache on one side of head
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sensitivity to light and noise.
- Prefer quite a dark room to sleep
- Sensitivity to motion
- Muffled hearing
- Ear fullness
- Ringing in the ear or tinnitus
Causes of a migraine:
Migraine headaches probably relate to both abnormal discharges in cells within the brain and to the construction of the walls of the blood vessels in and around the brain. But the exact cause of a migraine is not known. Following are the provocating factors which make the condition worse
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)
- Stress altered sleep patterns
- Diet fast food, oily food, processed food
- Chocolates, cheeses
- Coffee sodas with caffeine
Factors related to a migraine
- More common in women than men
- Symptoms are often worse during menstruation
- Family history
- Avoid food, which triggers migraines e.g. Chocolate, alcohol, cheese, oily, spicy, junk and processed food
- Relaxation exercise
- Stress management
- During menstrual period decrease the salt intake and take some diuretic
- Ibruphen for pain after meal
- Other treatment with the advice of neuro physician e.g.
- Beta blockers agents
- Calcium channel blockers
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Seratonergic agents
- Gabapantin or neurontin
- Acetazolamides or diamox
- Sodium valporate or depakots
- Oxycarbazapine or trieptal