Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chhaya Chaudhri
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chhaya ChaudhriYour feedback matters!
Turmeric or haldi is one of the main spices in an Indian kitchen. Not just India, but in the Middle East and Southeast Asia, turmeric has been a favored spice for thousands of years. Ayurveda has long espoused the benefits of turmeric and that is one of the reasons why many Indian home remedies tend to have this spice in them.
Some of the reasons why turmeric is considered an ultimate spice are mentioned below:
- Has very effective anti-inflammatory powers: For any kind of inflammation related pain, turmeric is known to be very effective. Be it muscle pains or skin related problems, turmeric used with other mixtures have often been applied to the affected areas. Turmeric in the diet also has similar anti-inflammatory effects.
- Prevention of cancer: Turmeric contains the enzyme curcumin, which blocks the growth of cancer cells, especially head and neck cancer varieties. It stops the spread of malignant cells within the mouth when chewed and if used in a controlled manner within one's diet, prevents the growth of malignant cells in the first place.
- It has antioxidant properties: Studies have shown that turmeric in the diet as well as curcumin, the primary enzyme within this spice, are very effective in detoxifying the system. It is especially good in cleansing free radicals that may contribute to various cancers, such as skin, colon or prostate cancer.
- Pain relief in arthritis and osteoarthritis: Connected to the anti-inflammatory properties mentioned above, turmeric is known to be very effective in relieving arthritic pain. It is even known to have worked as a pain reliever in the case of osteoarthritis, when it was used as an extract.
- Prevention of plaque buildup and thus lowering chances of heart disease: Plaque is the sediment that may build up within the arteries and thus results in its clogging. This is the single largest cause of heart attacks. The enzyme within turmeric, curcumin, is an effective agent in cleaning the arteries and thus preventing heart diseases.
- Aids digestions and resolves many digestive problems: In small amounts, turmeric in the raw form is very good for the digestive system as it stimulates the production of bile. Research has shown that people who suffer from IBS or irritable bowel syndrome may also benefit from the use of this spice. Apart from this, even gas or bloating and an upset stomach can be cured by ingesting small amounts of turmeric.
From a young age, we are taught that different nutritious foods can help our bodies stay healthy. Want strong bones? Drink milk to get your calcium. Looking to bulk up your muscles? Eat more meat to pack in the protein. But did anyone ever tell you that there is a super nutrient that can boost your brain?
In the past, lutein – a carotenoid or pigment found in many fruits and vegetables – was primarily known as a nutrient for good eye health. But new research shows that it may also play a strong role in developing and maintaining brain function, and can enhance learning and memory. New research suggests lutein, a nutrient known for supporting eye health, also enhances cognitive skills.
Benefits Babies to Boomers
From infants to seniors, everyone can benefit from a lutein-rich diet.
Increased levels of lutein may help speed up cognitive milestones in infants. Research suggests that as babies get more lutein, either from formula or from breastmilk (when their mother has a high-lutein diet) - supports the development of brain function. “These cognitive milestones could include an infant making eye contact with a parent, moving their head to look at something in their peripheral vision, or turning their attention to someone when they hear their name.”
School-age children may see higher test scores when they eat more lutein. The amount of lutein present in preadolescent children’s eyes directly relates to their brain development and learning skills, which can predict performance on tests.
Lutein and Zeaxanthin (another carotenoid) improves processing speed and efficiency, along with memory in young and older adults. Lutein is known to accumulate in the retina and several other regions of the brain and has been shown to protect against eye disease and preserve cognitive function in older adults.
Eating a healthy, balanced diet can help increase your lutein intake each day. Aim to eat foods rich in lutein like green leafy vegetables: spinach, kale, turnip green, celery and broccoli, zucchini, garden peas, carrots, tomatoes, beets and eggs.
With a helpful brain boost from lutein, people of all ages may be able to improve their cognitive function, from learning and memory to concentration and focus. So, treat your brain to a tasty snack - amp up your next meals by incorporating more lutein.
सुबह की आठ गलतियों से बचें
क्या सुबह उठने पर आपका मिजाज हमेशा खराब रहता है? क्या आप सुबह का नाश्ता नहीं करते? कुछ ऐसे उपाए हैं जिनसे आप अपनी सुबह की अच्छी शुरुआत कर सकते हैं.
1. झटके से ना उठें: सुबह धीमी गति का समय है. सुबह उठते समय खुदको समय दें और मांसपेशियों को धीरे धीरे हिलाएं. नींद खुलते ही हड़बड़ाना नहीं चाहिए. सुबह की गलतियों का हमारे दिन की गुणवत्ता पर बुरा असर पड़ता है और लंबे समय में इसका गंभीर प्रभाव हमारे स्वास्थ्य और तंदुरुस्ती पर भी होता है. कुछ मिनट शांति से बिताएं, लंबी सांसें लें और कमरे के तापमान का पानी पिएं.
2. स्ट्रेचिंग: जब हम उठते हैं तब हमारी मांसपेशियां खासकर रीढ़ कठोर होती है. सुबह उठकर बिना स्ट्रेचिंग किए हम इस कड़ेपन को आगे ढोते हैं. इससे भी हमारे पूरे दिन के कामकाज पर बुरा असर होता है. सुबह उठने के साथ शरीर को हल्के हल्के हिलाएं. अगर हैमस्ट्रिंग और पिंडलियों में खिंचाव महसूस हो तो धीरे से स्ट्रेचिंग करें और लंबी सांसें लें.
3. दिन की शुरुआत: अच्छे चयापचय का राज सुबह में चाय के साथ शुरूआत नहीं, बल्कि क्षारीय पदार्थ है. सुबह उठकर नींबू का रस और पानी लेना चाहिए और उसके बाद ही चाय या फिर ग्रीन टी का सेवन करना चाहिए.
4. फोन और ईमेल: सुबह उठते ही अपने फोन और ईमेल को चेक करने से बचना चाहिए. ऐसे सोचिए कि आपको उठने के दो घंटे के भीतर ही दुनिया भर की समस्याएं नहीं सुलझानी हैं. आपकी ऊर्जा को सबसे अहम काम पर केंद्रित करना चाहिए ना कि सबसे गैरजरूरी काम पर. सुबह सुबह ईमेल चेक करने से आपकी उत्पादकता नहीं बढ़ सकती. इसके उलटत आपका मिजाज खराब हो सकता है.
5. सुबह का नाश्ता: हाल की कुछ रिपोर्टों में सुबह का नाश्ता नहीं करने को मोटापे, डायबिटीज और कमजोर प्रतिरक्षा से जोड़ा गया है. जरूरी नहीं है कि आप महाराजाओं की तरह नाश्ता करें लेकिन यह जरूरी है कि कुछ खाएं. सुबह के समय ब्लड शुगर का स्तर कम होता है क्योंकि डिनर और नाश्ते के बीच लंबा अंतराल होता है. अगर उठने के आधे घंटे के भीतर कुछ नहीं खाते हैं तो स्तर और गिर जाता है और हम सुस्त हो जाते हैं.
6. तुनकमिजाज: कई ऐसे लोग होते हैं जो सुबह उठकर हर किसी पर चीखते चिल्लाते हैं. लेकिन सुबह का खराब मिजाज सिर्फ 20 मिनट तक रहता है. अपनी सुबह को बेहतर बनाने के लिए प्राकृतिक शांतिदायक आवाजों को सुनें, जैसे चिड़ियों का चहचहाना, सागर की आवाज और मंत्रों का जाप.
7. दिन की योजना: एक दिन पहले ही अगले सुबह की तैयारी कर लें. जैसे दफ्तर के लिए कपड़े तैयार करना और रात में नाश्ते का इंतजाम कर लेना, तो आपकी सुबह जरूर ज्यादा सुकूनभरी होगी और दिन की अच्छी शुरुआत होगी.
8. सिगरेट और कैफीन: बहुत से लोग उठते ही सिगरेट जला लेते हैं या फिर कड़क कॉफी पीते हैं, लंबे समय तक ऐसा करने का शरीर पर बहुत बुरा असर होता है. सुबह उठते ही एक गिलास पानी पीजिए और पाचन तंत्र के लिए फायदेमंद कोई फल खाइए. इसके बाद ही कॉफी पीजिए.
We are trying baby since last 4 months now and have not succeeded yet. We are bit stressed now. Is this normal? Does this takes time and we should keep on trying or should we consult a doctor?
My wife is having cyst in right ovaries. So she is experiences heavy pains during MC. What should be done?
I want to loose weight after pregnancy just before delivery I ws 70 nd aftr almost three months of delivery my weight has shooted up to 76 docter has suggested to do GTT ie Glucose Tolerance test as I was having gestational diabetes during pregnancy. Can loosing weight help me? ? R der any chances of me having daibetes I dont experience any symptoms if daibetes
My last periods date was 23 mar, I have not got periods yet. Also I am getting a lumpy type small white granular discharge. Are there chances of pregnancy.
Heavy menstrual flow also known as Menorrhagia is one of the most common form of abdominal bleeding from uterus. Everyone has different periods, some might not even notice that time of the month, while others might suffer from heavy bleeding, feeling miserable and a constant worry of leaks and stains leading to embarrassing situations. Periods are considered to be heavy if a pad or tampon is soaked in blood every hour.
Other symptoms of heavy bleeding could be:
- Passing of large clots
- Bleeding at night which requires to get up to change a pad
- Any period that lasts for more than seven days
The causes of heavy bleeding during periods might be due to fibroids (noncancerous tumors of the uterus),
ectopic pregnancy, cervical cancer, pelvic inflammatory disease, use or blood thinners and problems with intrauterine device.
If you are one of those women who suffer from heavy menstrual flow and are quite hassled by the same then worry not here are some tips to deal the your problem.
- Keep a track of the periods as in when they start and the days with heavy bleeding. This helps you to track your next period and prepare yourself well for the same
- Low iron levels can cause heavy bleeding, thus maintaining the iron levels is a good idea
- Eating green leafy vegetables and taking multivitamins helps to maintain the iron levels
- Eat fruit and food with starch to maintain a good sugar level
- Hydrate yourself as it makes you feel less grumpy and miserable
- In case of severe cramps take some pain relievers like aspirin and ibuprofen. Even a hot water bottle is a great way to chase the blues and the cramps
- Get some sleep as one feels tired before the period and the days of the period. Listen to your body and don't push yourselves. Use extra protection in case you are worried about leakage
- Try using a menstrual cup as they have greater capacity as compared to tampons or pads. Also, one does not need to carry any supplies for the day
- Don't feel shy or embarrassed to talk about your condition
- You might need professional help and want to consult a doctor. Keeping a track of your period is good as doctors usually ask for the duration of the period and how heavy were they.
If you do not feel better with these tips a meeting with the doctor can predict the cause of the heavy flow and accordingly a medical treatment can be planned.
Medication for heavy bleeding might include any one or more of the following:
- Use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen
- Hormone Therapy for stabilizing the endometrium
- Tranexamic acid to promote blood clotting
- Dilation and curettage that is scraping of the uterus is done
- Hysteroscopy is where a long scope is inserted in the vagina and the lining of the uterus which causes bleeding is removed
- Endometrial resection is where the lining of the uterus is destroyed or removed and also makes it impossible to have babies after this
- Hysterectomy - This procedure is the surgical removal of cervix and uterus (If this procedure is done then it is impossible to make babies after this) If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.