Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Treatment of Epilepsy
Treatment of Tremors
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Brain Injury
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Hyperactivity Disorder
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Hyperactivity
Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
Treatment of Meningitis
Treatment of Stroke
Treatment of Seizures
Treatment of Parkinson's Disease
Submit a review for Dr. Bijan Krishna AcharyaYour feedback matters!
Hello, I'm 19 years old. Recently I had headaches which begins after pressure random pressure around the head (mainly forehead between eyebrows) then I get headaches on the sides of my head. I'm also having dizziness and light sensitivity. My sleep is bad and I can't sleep for longer than 5 hours, I also have some anxiety. Can it be the reason? if it is can I use sleeping pills to help me get through this just temporarily? Also I'm having random twitching and vibrating all over body it's been here for more than 3 months but no pain or weakness. Thank you very much for your time. Have a great day.
I am a 56 years old female. I am feeling numbness in my right hand and also shivering. And unable to breathe properly.
I have migraine specially in daytime and when sm out under scorching heat of sun the migraine is tremendous.
My daughter is suffering from cerebral palsy. We r giving her occupational therapy but she is not responding well. We r frustrated.
My daughter is suffering from migraine pain for last 2 to 3 years. If it is curable please advice medicine.
What alternative therapies can be used to treat migraine? What alternative therapies can be used to treat migraine?
Epilepsy is defined as a neurological disorder, which affects people of all age groups. However, the cases of seizures are found more in young children (likely to occur in as many as 4% of children) than in adults. It is still not known as to why a developing brain is more prone to seizures than a mature brain. A child is said to be suffering from epilepsy when they occur frequently.
As parents your responsibilities are compounded if your child has epilepsy. You not only have to pay heed towards the normal concerns of his/her upbringing but also have to look into your child's emotional aspects, while dealing with the disorder in your day to day life.
You can help your child deal with the condition in the following ways:
1. It is quite likely that your child may feel resentful and develop emotional issues, such as depression or low self-esteem. Help your child cultivates positive attitude towards life and his/her disease.
2. Try to make your child come to terms with reality by helping him/her to understand that even though he/she may be different, he/she shouldn't look upon the condition as something that is abnormal. It is best to help your child concentrate on his/her strengths at such times.
3. Help your child participate in activities of his/her choice to instill positivity in life.
4. Make sure your other children understand their sibling's ailment and if he/she feels neglected try and spend more time with him/her. If need be, seek family counselling to make everyone understand how to deal with your child's illness.
5. Learn about your child's medication schedule thoroughly and also find out what he/she needs to do in case a dose of medication is missed.
6. Develop an environment where he/she feels comfortable and can easily share a concern or anxieties. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.