Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bhanudas N.Kalamkar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bhanudas N.KalamkarYour feedback matters!
My newborn baby is 5 days old and suffering with jaundice of 14.8. Please guide me the therapy, I am so worried.
Stomach pain in kids is among the most common reasons parents
takes their children to doctors or hospitals for treatment.
Most of the times the pain is not so serious and get cured in few hours or two-three days. But in some cases a proper treatment is required if it is recurring again and again.
Stomach pain in kids like adults can occur due to a variety of reasons. Evaluation of stomach pain is difficult for both parent & physician.
Diagnosing such pain involves checking different symptoms your child is going through.
Correct medical attention, as well as preventive measures, can help in preventing not just pain, but also other possible diseases and damages to the gut.
Causes of stomach pain in Kids
Like adults, Stomach pain in kids can be caused due to variety of reasons. Causes of stomach pain in children may differ from normal to dangerous with a little difference in symptoms.
- Food poisoning
- Food allergies
- Viral or bacterial infection
- Eating excess food
- Bad bowel movements
- Medical causes
Bowel cleanse detoxify your body and removes all viruses and toxins from stomach.
This not only cleans your body but also cures the stomach diseases like constipation, gastritis, diarrhea.
If chewing food and retaining a sparkling smile is not enough for you, avoiding toothaches and a visit to the dentist could be reason enough to maintain healthy teeth. Ignoring your tooth health can lead to many problems. Answer yourself the following question. Would you like your teeth inside your mouth or in a glass tumbler beside your bed at nighttime?
If you opted for the former, then going through the following tips and advices will go a long way in helping you sustain healthy teeth. They are:
- Brush and floss twice a day: Brushing and flossing twice a day, on a regular basis will help you maintain healthy teeth and gums in the long run. The ideal time to brush your teeth is 20 minutes after a meal. Opting for a toothbrush with a small head and soft bristles gives you better access to even the deeper portions of your mouth, thus providing comprehensive cleansing to your teeth. Moreover, softer bristles are generous on your gums as well.
- Nutrition: Whatever you eat, either protects you or makes you more susceptible to diseases and disorders. This stands true for your oral health as well. As such, choosing the right foods early in your life is of vital importance. Foods such as cold drinks, cakes, candies and other such sugary substances facilitate the growth of germ and bacteria in your mouth, resulting in plaque and cavities. Choosing foods that are low in starch and sugar will reduce the development of germs and help eradicate cavities or plaque in the long run.
- Smoking: Even the pack of smoke that you buy endorses smoking is injurious to your general health. Smoking causes reduced flow of blood to the mouth, which resultantly leads to increased chances of periodontal disease and mouth cancer. Smoking, moreover causes a decline in the ability of the bones and tissues to revascularize (self-heal). All else apart, just stop smoking.
- Chewing gums: Chewing gums are highly beneficial especially after a meal. They not only increase the flow of saliva in your mouth, but also improves the flow of blood to your brain, thus enhancing your alertness by close to 10%. In addition, chewing gums help neutralize the acid in your mouth, thus helping you cleanse your mouth.
Is bedwetting a regular feature in your child? Has this been continuing for a long time and is making you concerned? Nocturnal enuresis is the condition in which a child passes urine when he sleeps at night, unknowingly. It is referred to as bedwetting or nightwetting in Ayurveda. Shayyamutra is the Ayurvedic name of this condition in which shayya refers to sleeping, and mutra means urine.
Ayurvedic guidelines and remedies
- You must ensure that your child is getting sufficient sleep. A proper sleep schedule will make it easier for him to wake up when his bladder is full and he needs to urinate.
- The bowel must be kept clear to prevent thread worms from troubling at night. They account for being an important cause for bedwetting.
- Your child should abstain from food items such as green gram, potato, tea, chocolates, coffee, and spicy foods producing gas.
- You must make sure that your child does not drink any liquid right before going to sleep. On the contrary, his bladder should be emptied before going to bed.
- Bladder stretching exercises should be undertaken, which are effective for the management of bedwetting in children.
- In children who experience bedwetting in spite of being grown up, the reason is usually stress. Stress may occur from various causes and it is important to bring your child’s stress under control. For this, he should undertake yoga, mindful meditation, and other relaxation techniques.
There are various Ayurvedic home remedies, which are ideal for managing bedwetting in children. Some of them are as follows:
- Fry one spoon of coriander seeds until it turns brown. Mix one teaspoon each of sesame seeds, babul gum, and pomegranate flowers and make a fine powder out of the ingredients. Add crystal sugar to the mixture and give this to your child before bedtime regularly.
- Give half a cup of milk and Sarshapa in a powdered state to your child before he/she goes to sleep at night.
- Ayurvedic remedies used for curing bedwetting in children aim at strengthening your nervous system and your urinary tract. Vishatinduka vati, Chandraprabha vati, and Shilajitwaadi vati are common Ayurvedic medicines used for treating bedwetting.
- Deworming should be carried out for the infestation of intestinal worms, which may provide relief to your child.
- Several medicinal herbs are also used for the Ayurvedic treatment of bedwetting. They include bimbi, kataka, amalaki, hareetaki, haridra, khadira, and a lot more.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!