Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Awanti Girey
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Awanti GireyYour feedback matters!
I'm 20 years old female I have pain in my tailbone from one month . Can you please help me what can this pain cause . Because when I sit it pains and when I stand also it pains but while walking der is no pain when I sit I fell numbness .
I'm suffering from mild joint pain specially in small joints in fingers. RA factor is positive. Kindly advice.
I am 40 years old and suffering from finger small joints pain last six months (hand. Lab test done. Uric acid RA factor, CRP etc. All reports normal. But still pain mainly index finger. I'm a soldier running ,walking cycling is in my routine.
Severe pain in right leg from waist to toe, pain does not subsidize from pain killers and muscle relaxant. My Dr. Advised MRI. What could be other option to relief pain. Please help.
I am 20 year old boy. I am having feet pain from 2 to 3 days. I used cream. That can't gave revile.Please tell.
Dear Doctor, My grand father running 85 years he is having Hernia both sides. Please suggest the best medicine for curing with out operation. At his age operation will not success am I right.
Human bones are continuously being removed and formed, which is necessary for its proper maintenance. However, in certain cases, especially with aging, some bones and joints will be worn down to an extent where the body will not be able to reform them. This is especially true in the case of hips, which may become worn due to age or other problems within the body.
Hip replacement surgery:
When this happens, a hip replacement surgery can be performed to replace the original joints with a prosthesis or artificial hip, which is usually made out of metal or a specially formed composite material or even a combination of the two. Along with other parts, it replaces the natural hip with an artificial hip to restore mobility and other related functions.
Benefits of hip replacement surgery:
- Lessening hip pain: This is one of the major factors as well as symptoms of requiring hip replacement surgery. Due to the grinding down of the bones, even the slightest movement causes pain and after the surgery and the recovery period, the pain is lessened.
- Correction of bone deformity: When the bones grind down and are abnormally reformed, deformities may occur reducing mobility. Artificial hips will ensure that deformities are corrected and resulting problems are thus eliminated.
- Return to normal activities: This is possibly one of the primary advantages of this surgery, although it entails a long recovery period. However, most patients can get back to their normal activities and are able to resume a pain free life.
- Ability to have painless sleep: Many people who suffer from hip displacements or bone deformities are not able to sleep properly due to pain. After the surgery and the recovery period, they can return to normal functions and habits, thus are able to sleep properly.
- Leg strength increase: Many patients tend to have an increase in their leg strength as one side of the hip tends to become very weak due to bone problems before surgery. After surgery and recovery, the same side tends to have an increased strength due to the implant.
- In most cases a lifelong solution to hip problems: As the hip replacement prosthesis is made out of metal and if the operation is successful, it usually tends to last till the end of a person's life and this area usually doesn't tend to have problems again.