Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Atul Ingale
Submit a review for Dr. Atul IngaleYour feedback matters!
I am totally confused regarding of the whey protein intake is it have any side effects like kidney problem or heart attacks. Is this whey protein is approved by fdi.
I am having infection in the way of urination. I have consulted many doctors but there is no improvement. The infection is in the type of pimple when the mosquito bites and it goes deep in it and very much itching. This problems is near about 2.5 years. It sometimes get proper when I use medicine creams and sometimes starts when I not apply cream. It gives the burning sensation during urine. When it is more pimple type the swelling occurs.
She is actually suffering from kidney stones. Some doctors say that she can't be operational as her age is 70 years. What should be done. She has a tremendous pain in her abdomen. Please help.
I'm 69 yrs old. I'm taking urimax for bladderneck obstruction. I've to stop taking urimax for 10 days before cataract surgery. Should I take any alternative medicine during that period?
Hello doctors. I'm 22 weeks pregnant and few days back I was diagnosed with UTI . My gynae prescribed monocef 1gm through iv twice a day for 5 days. Then again did the urine culture and still there was infection now I'm on inj fortum 1gm twice a day for 7 days. I'm really very worried does that affect my baby? Are these injections really safe. And what all can I do to cure it. Please reply. Thank you!
Urinary incontinence is a common problem that afflicts many adults around the world. Stress related urinary incontinence is a fairly common problem that afflicts many as well. This form of incontinence is usually caused by physical activity, which exerts pressure on the bladder and may cause the leakage of small amounts of urine.
Triggers and Symptoms for stress urinary incontinence:
In terms of urinary problems, stress is used to describe physical problems in particular and not mental stress. So the triggers or risk factors of it could be any of the following:
- Sexual activity
This form of urinary incontinence is very common in women who are older or have already been through menopause. It may also be common for women who have recently given birth or are pregnant. The urethra or the bladder may become prone to external stress and then involuntarily leak out some urine.
The causes can be quite varied from patient to patient but are primarily attributed to the weakening of the pelvic muscles, bladder or the sphincter. If any of these muscles open involuntarily due to physical stress, it leads to urine leaking out. Some of the causes which may lead to this are:
- Pregnancy and childbirth: Pregnancy or childbirth related problems may cause damage to the urethra or sphincter during childbirth; leading to stress urinary incontinence.
- Surgery of the prostate: Another common problem, especially with men, is with surgical interventions to correct prostate problems.
- Menopause: Many older women often complain about stress incontinence after menopause due to the weakening of the muscles.
- Pelvic surgery: Any surgery to the pelvic area or illnesses which may cause the muscles to become relaxed or act involuntarily due to external stress, may cause incontinence.
- Weakening of the pelvic muscles: Certain illnesses may cause the pelvic muscles to become weak and thus cause the sphincter as well as the bladder to react involuntarily. UTIs or urinary tract infections have also been known to cause incontinence due to the same reason.
- Obesity: Obesity has been known to put stress on many of the bodily systems and it may affect the bladder and the urinary sphincters as well. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.