Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Atul Ingale
Submit a review for Dr. Atul IngaleYour feedback matters!
My mother is a diabetic patient since 1 year. She goes for urination after each 30 minutes. What is the reason for this. Is there any treatment. Is this a serious problem ?She is taking tablet Geminor mp 1. Please suggest some remedy.
The symptoms that are identified with urinary tract infection are frequent urination, pain and burning sensation at the time of passing urine. In certain cases, women even experience leaking of urine while sleeping. It is advised not to take this condition casually as it can lead to further complications. Medications need to be taken to reduce the discomfort and treat the infection.
Causes and predisposing factors of Urinary Infection:
- Urinary tract infection is mostly caused by bacteria.
- Sexual intercourse, pregnancy, diabetes and stones in urinary tract predispose to or aggravate urinary tract infection.
- Chances of urinary tract infection are more if a person has sex with many partners.
- In postmenopausal women, incidence of urinary tract infection is more due to depletion of certain hormones.
- Women should not hold back the urge for urinating frequently, as it makes one prone to infection.
Management of Urinary Tract Infection:
There are simple and helpful home remedies that can supplement management of urinary tract infection: The latter alone are not enough. You have to consult Doctor for proper treatment of this condition. Certain supportive measures that one can take in cases of urinary tract infection are as follows:
- It is very necessary to drink enough water, as it would help flush the bacteria from the bladder that cause the infection. It is advisable to drink at least 80 ounces of water on a daily basis.
- Spicy foods and bladder irritants like caffeine, carbonated drinks and artificial sweeteners should preferably be cut off from the diet.
- Include healthy foods in your diet that are high on fibre and helpful in digestive health of your body.
- It is advisable to adopt healthier habits and quit smoking. One should wear loose clothing and make use of personal hygiene products that are free from any fragrance.
- At times, there is burning, pressure, and pain around pubic area in cases of urinary tract infection. Applying a heating pad helps soothe the area. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My blood urea nitrogen (bun) andbun/sr. Creatinine ratio is. Lessor than normal range. Plus let me know the reason and remedy.
I have a recurrence uti, from october, after taking medicines it stopped and I did a culture test ,the result came negative (no growth) but now again I have the same pain and burning sensation while urinating This time I am taking ayurvedic medicine and he gave me Neeri syrup and I also drink plenty of water but still I have light burning sensation while urinating. Can I do the culture test now because I am taking this medicine or should I stop the medicine.
I am 24 years old female women and have pain over pubic region for last 1 month and somewhat burning micturition. So I consult a doctor and they said that its UTI so they started with some empirical treatment and after 4 days my culture report came and their is a bacteria present with a name providencia start and my body is resistant to most of the antibiotics so I took trimethoprim and sulfamethoxazole combination drug but haven't got any relief. What should I do now?
I did some travelling for last 2 days and today I felt some burning sensation while urinating. Can I be guided accordingly.
My father aged 57 years has hyperechoic of about 5 mm in all calyces of left kidney. And he has 7.1 creatinine and 128 blood urea. We do not want dialysis. What we can do sir. Please help us.
1. Get Your Fill of Water One of the first things to do when you have a urinary tract infection is drink plenty of water. That’s because drinking water can help flush away the bacteria that's causing your infection, It puts you on the right track for recovery.
2. Load Up on Vitamin C for a Healthy Urinary Tract Getting plenty of foods high in vitamin c is important because large amounts of vitamin C make urine more acidic. This inhibits the growth of bacteria in your urinary tract.
3.Cut Bladder Irritants From Your Diet When you have a UTI, caffeine, alcohol, spicy food, nicotine, carbonated drinks, and artificial sweeteners can irritate ur bladder further, making it harder for your body to heal. Focus on healthy foods, such as high fibre carbohydrates (such as oatmeal or lentil soup), that are good for your digestive health.
5. Go Ahead, Empty Your Bladder Again Every time you empty your bladder — even if it’s just a small amount — you rid it of some of the bacteria causing the infection. Keep making those bathroom runs, advises Rivers.
6. Change to Healthier Habits
- Wear loose cotton clothing and underwear.
- Wipe yourself clean from front to back.
- Choose only fragrance-free personal hygiene products.