Hello everyone, I am Ashwini Mulye. I practice CBD Belapur. I am running Dhanwantari Ayurvedic & Panchkarma Center since last 15 years. I specialize in panchkarma as well as diet consultation and somatology and hair treatments. So in our last video we saw that how different pakrutri effects the different individuals and how the diet should be. So actually according to seasons also the dietic patten changes in ayurvedas. It is called as Rutuchariya. There are six main season like Vasant, Grishmu, Varsha, sharhad, haimant and shishia. In our 12 months each season lasts for 2 months. Though we personally experience only rainy seasons, summer and winter, we can very microscopically bifurcate them into six seasons. So in the, according to Ayurvedas ‘Yawan dah loky tawan tah purshiv’, whatever is there in the nature, same things happen in our body. As in rain season it rains a lot, there is dull wet clammy climate outside same thing the body also, little bit acidic medium increases, a lot of diseases regarding water and acidity and all these all asthma where there is all this fluidity. These all increases, so what panchkarma you can do in rainy season so that you get rid of all this naturally occurring diseases. So basically in rain seasons, there is natural increase of vartodoshia in the atmosphere also in our body. So to combact against vartodoshia basti is the best treatment. Basti is Innima like treatment we administer medicine through rectal root. There are different medicated oils, karrah, honey, ghee, medicated milk and this ghee which is given to various disorders according to the patient’s disease and what is the condition the disease and how long we are to take the basti. Along with basti you can do oil body massage certain types of putali suwairdas like partpotalli and pindu sawairdas, then various types of bastis are there, like oliation treatments are there, which all you can do in rainy seasons as vatudosha is kept very well under control by any type of saneho or oliation treatment. you can use oil ghee that all your vedas will decide according to your prakruti and you disorder/ this is a type of putali I am showing it to you also called as known as shishtik shaali pindal made up of navra rice like these various types of herb are used in this and this is dipped in ayurvedic dicockition oil or any other liquid medium and the body in massaged through this. This is different according to different disorders. Such type of treatment are best taken in rainy season. Along with this there ae various types of enemas like I have told you oil enema, karrah enema these all should be taken in the rainy season. So if you want keep your body fit take down the basti treatment, body massages. We put oliation treatments on the heart which is called rudhen basti, aand entire up of triple column it’s there, it’s called sushimna basti, then for degenerative changes in the joints and the vertebras we do mania katni basti and janu basti so all these treaents are best done in rainy seasons. You have any disorder regarding this you can and meet at our Dhanwantari Ayurvedic & Panchkarma Center, CBD Belapur or contact throught text onsultation, audio or video consultation through Lybrate. Thank you.read more
Hello, everyone. I am Dr Ashwini Mulye. I practise in CBD in Preheladpur. I am running an Ayurvedic Panchakarma centre since 15 years.
In the last video, we saw that how Basti helps in detoxification and the removal of waste from the body. Today I will speak about menopause, degenerative changes in the body and how Basti helps in it.
Post menopausal age lot of women come to me with the back ache, lumbar pain, weight gain, leg pain and hot flushes with a lot of debility, weakness etc. As they cross menopausal there are a lot of degenerative changes in the body due to lack of estrogen hormone. And there is 90% female we see nowadays in the age of 33-35 years we find the degenerative changes, the vit-D deficiency and osteoporotic changes.
What can be the reason for this problem?
The reasons are;
- Lack of nutritious food
- Lack of proper exercise
- Lack of exposure to sunlight
- Improper sitting posture
- Improper way of eating
- Irregular eating habits
- Improper sleep
- Eating lot of junk food with preservatives
There are a lot of reasons. All these produce degenerative changes early. Earlier the degenerative changes were found at the age of approximately 60 years but now such changes occur at the age of 33-35 years. So, for such cases, we have options in Ayurveda.
We give Ksheera Vasthi. It is a type of enema in which the medical decoction is made of five bitter and Madhur vipaaki dravyas. This can be selected according to the patient. Now, this can be mixed with the milk. The decoction is again reduced to half, it is processed in milk and additional ghee is added according to disorder. This is administered rectal ruffle around 14-21 or more days, according to what disorder patient is having. This helps in increasing the bone density and reducing the effects of degeneration in the body. You have to give them in large numbers.
Benefits- It is observed that after giving such type of Vasthi if there is any reduction in pain or pain related to the degeneration of the back pain, neck pain, joint pain or the lumbar area. As well as it helps in increasing the volume of the hair, reducing your hairfall, increases the strength of the teeth, increases your bone strength many other things like Vit-D deficiency, a lot of sweat, weakness etc . All these problems will be fine if you take this Ksheera Vasthi atleast once a year or depending on the degre of your osteoporosis, twice or thrice a year. It depends on what condition you are going through.
This type of Vasthi is given after the dinner. It is continuously provided to clean bowel habits and rest of the conditions are normal. So, if you are going through such type of disorder, I would suggest to contact us and get an idea about the treatments.
If you have any query, you can contact me through Lybrate for text, audio and video consultation.read more
So, according to Ayurveda, there are three basic constituents in our body vatta dosha, Pitta dosha and cough dosha. These three things, they hold the body, they are responsible for the regular activities of our body and also responsible for the various diseases we catch. So, according to the combination of these three Vatta, Pitta and cough, we get different types of natures which is called as Prakruthi.
We ayurvedic vedya decides the medicines according to the Prakruthi of each and every individual. So, our natural diet should be according to our Prakruthi and our profession should also be according to our Prakruthi.
For example, if somebody has picked the Prakruthi and that person is working in a furnace or a metallurgical industry, so that is not good for him. So depending on nature, the person's attitude, behaviour as well as his looks, we can decide along with naadi pariksha and pulse that what Prakruthi each person belongs to. And then we can give them the diet according to the season, according to his profession, according to his lifestyle and make changes.
Nowadays, a lot of people are taking the wrong diet and undergo various diseases. So, it is better to take a diet consultation, take out your Prakruthi parikshan. Decide what prakruthi you are and then follow the diet so that you can manage most of the diseases only through your dietic habits and your exercise.
If you have any query, you can contact me through Lybrate where you can have text consultation, video consultation and also book an appointment. Or you can directly meet me in my clinic.read more
Hello, friends. Now we'll speak regarding skin enlightenment and acne problem which is very common nowadays.
Not only related to PCOS thyroid like hormonal imbalance problem also related to irregular diet habits and wrong diet habits. A lot of junk food is taken. Even these patients are not following diet restrictions as well as regular sleep timings and a lot of use of mobile and electronic gadgets which leads to improper sleep and increase in this body heat and acne related problems. In our clinic we give medicines, diet consultation as well as we give some Ayurvedic facial treatments for acne but then melasma darkening of skin and loose skin wrinkling skin for all age groups right from the age 30 into the age of 65.
The facial treatment, the cleaning scrubbing and application of lepers are totally ayurvedic and made in our own clinic. Some of the formulations are there which are fresh and ready level like fruit facial is there, Pancham with facial is there which is made from cows milk, cows butter, ghee, sugar and honey. So with this not only the acme not stop coming from the roots and the deep pores and pigmentation are also reduced. Along with that if you take some punch occur and detoxification treatments like Virecharna and Bharma produce the further growth of acne and this the face gets enlightened totally. For this treatment, you have to follow proper diet restriction and diet regimen for around one month, which you have to meet me and consult me, we can plan for the treatment.
Apart from this, there are some good diet health tips in that. You have to take fresh fruits, vegetables, take plane milk in the night, early morning take cotton, dip it in the cold milk and clears the face for two minutes. Apply tomato paste twice a week. Apply a nutmeg pest in one drop of almond oil and slight butter homemade butter to the melasma patches. Do it for 15 days, use it for the eyes as eye pack, dark circles will also get removed.
So this is all treatments what we do in our clinic. For further details you can contact me by lybrate, by text message or audio call.read more
Hello, Im Dr. Ashwini Vivek Mulye speaking from Sivri Belapur. I have done specialization in Ayurveda cant panchakarma. Since 14 years and practicing here and today I will tell you something regarding hair treatment in Ayurveda. Basically, we treat all the problems regarding hair dandruff hair fall and hair whitening also. Apart from some medicines I give diet consultations and use some of the products which have been manufactured by me. We give you a hair treatment package of 9 sittings which includes seven sittings of Nassya.
Nassya which is a treatment in which we do head massage and also the upper part face massage so that the blood circulation to the hair roots improves. Along with that, we introduce some medicines through the nose which improves the hair texture as well as the density of hair. Then we give five sittings of Shirodhara which is a treatment in which medicated oils or decoctions are continuously poured on the head scalp region and along with that in three sittings we give hair pack application along with amla powder which we have made in our own clinic this will give you good results, hair fall will stop around sixty to seventy percent within the treatment and the rest of the part is done by medicines.
Along with that if you follow some good dietary habits like taking amla carrot tomato and beet root juice daily eating a lot of flak seeds walnuts almonds milk eggs this will give you a good texture to the hair as well as increase the density. Along with this, we have some panchakarma treatments for those who are having thyroid related problems or PCOS in which the hair fall is not under control even with this treatment we give some internal medications along with that Tiktaalik sheer bust for 21 sittings.
For further details, you can contact me via lybrate, by text message or audio consultation.read more
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashwini Vivek Mulye
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini Vivek MulyeYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
It's been more than a year that I was experiencing female hair loss problem. I was panicked, because I never thought I will suffer from any such issue. She is one of the best ayurvedic doctor in Mumbai . I had lost hope, but the female hair loss treatment given by Dr Ashwini Vivek Mulye has helped me regain my confidence. The overall cleanliness in the Dhanwantari Ayurvedic & Panchkarma Center was amazing. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases.
Over the period of time I noticed a number of changes in myself. Even though I was fit and fine, it was shocked when I got to know that I have diabetes. The entire Dhanwantari Ayurvedic & Panchkarma Center was spotlessly, clean. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. She definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. I am almost my normal self post the treatment and for that DR. Ashwini Vivek Mulye is the reason.
My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. I was suffering from depression. They took very nice care of me, i never felt that I am in a Dhanwantari Ayurvedic & Panchkarma Center. She is very professional and is a really patient listener. One of my colleague referred Ashwini Vivek Mulye. She definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases.
It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my need to lose weight. Almost all doctors suggested surgery for it, but I did not wanted to go for it although I was very fat. I owe him her a big thanks for making me fine. Even in case of emergency, the staff is always willing to help. A friend of mine referred to Dr Ashwini . with his ayurvedic medicines I am gradually being fit.
I feel strange that I am suffering from pimples. Dr Ashwini is really like god send person. I read about him on one of the social media platform. The facilities available in the Dhanwantari Center are very nice. Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results. Whatever tests the he, prescribed, were very correct and the gave they gave us an exact idea about my condition.
I was panicked, because I never thought I will suffer from sugar like this. I am so thankful to Dr Ashwani for giving me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted him. He ensures that he listens to his patients.
Never once that I felt that she is getting impatient, rather she has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. Thanks to her that the irregular periods treatment she gave me has given brilliant results. The problem was increasing day by day. I searched Dr Ashwini online and saw her reviews and consulted her.
Dr. Ashwini Vivek Mulye provides answers that are very helpful. Thnx alot mam ..u helped me alot .and even thanx to lybrate.com ..its usefull .i'll give the reference as much as i can..thnx alot again
Vikash Singh Bhadoriya
Dr. Ashwini Vivek Mulye provides answers that are knowledgeable. But sir a senior physiotherapist said that its permanent .They can't do anything for this problem what should i do?
dr Ashwini Vivek Mulye is a very Well versed and experienced doctor. I visited him at Dhanwantari Ayurvedic & Panchkarma Center in Belapur for my problem of acne scars
Dr. Ashwini Vivek Mulye provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, inspiring and helped me improve my health. Thanks a lot for your kind information.
It was very good. The response from the doctor was very good. The doctor was very patient. He listened to by problem and gave necessary suggestions.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ashwini Vivek Mulye to be very helpful. Thank you I shall follow the routine thank u so mch Dr. Ashwini
Dr. Ashwini Vivek Mulye provides answers that are very helpful. Thank u vry much..... For your valuable advice.. Thanks...
Dr. Ashwini Vivek Mulye provides answers that are well-reasoned. It was very helpful ,well reasoned and inspiring
Dr. Ashwini Vivek Mulye provides answers that are knowledgeable. Lots of thnx for the good advice doctor...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ashwini Vivek Mulye to be very helpful. Thank u madam
Dr. Ashwini Vivek Mulye provides answers that are knowledgeable. Weight loss nahi hoga na??
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ashwini Vivek Mulye to be very helpful. Thanks
Along with curing anger and stress, yoga is also beneficial in treating osteoporosis, either by itself or in combination with different medicines. Osteoporosis is an illness described by weak and diminishing bones that can result in cracks and fractures in the bones. Some of the postures that can be helpful in treating osteoporosis are as follows:
- Utthita trikonasana: Uttihita trikonasana is an expanded triangle posture which is helpful in curing many diseases. Along with diminishing the side effects of osteoporosis, it additionally avoids soreness, increases strength and gets rid of spinal pain. Begin this posture by standing straight with your legs separated by four feet. Then, extend the arms to the ground with the palm facing downwards. Slide the left leg across the right side of your body. You need to slide it behind the left leg. Now extend your right leg towards the left side of your body. This will leave you in a sitting position. Where your right leg is placed on top of your left leg, make sure both your knees are on top of each other. Now straighten your body to an upright position.
- Ardha chandrasana: This asana is also called as the half-moon posture. This posture comes under hatha yoga and is beneficial for various medical issues, for example, osteoporosis, menstrual issues, exhaustion, sciatica and stomach-related cramps. You can practice this pose to get rid of osteoporosis and appreciate a sound body.
- Padangusthasana: This stance delicately stretches and strengthens persistently tight hamstrings.
- Adho mukha svanasana: It is one of yoga's most commonly practiced postures. Adho mukha svanasana offers a definitive wholesome, reviving stretch.
- Utthita hasta padangustasana: In this pose, keeping up the balance while standing on one foot strengthens your endurance capabilities.
- Utthita parsvakonasana: Discover the flexibility in your sides of the body from your heel to your fingertips with an extended side angle pose.
- Utthita trikonasana: It is a broadened triangle posture and is important as a standing posture in many styles of yoga.
- Ardha chandrasana: Make proper balance with your leg and the lower part of your leg as you look for strength and flexibility into this adjusting posture.
- Parivrtta parsvakonasana: This revolved side angle pose, a variation of utthita parsvakonasana requires a considerable measure of adaptability to bend flexibly and balance on the back heel.
- Uttanasana: Uttanasana will awaken your hamstrings and will help you to calm your brain.
- Urdhva dhanurasana: Urdhva dhanurasana can help in strengthening your arms, legs, abdomen and spine all at once.
- Virabhadrasana: Named after a wild warrior, an incarnation of Shiva, this adaptation of a warrior pose increases the stamina.
Yoga is one of the most secure measures and medicines for osteoporosis. It is something that anyone of any age can do at any place. The advantages are numerous and dangers are few if done properly.
The way your day starts can affect your entire day and nothing is worse than fighting constipation in the morning. Along with a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen and bloating, constipation can also cause mood swings and lower your attention span. While laxatives can be temporary quick fixes, they can worsen the problem over time.
- Eat plenty of fibre: A bad diet is one the key factors triggering constipation. Fibre not only fills the stomach, but also helps add bulk to your stool making it easier to pass. Ideally, a person should have 20-40 grams of fibre a day. If you suffer from chronic constipation, you can increase this amount a little as well. As an easy way to increase your fibre consumption is ensure that you eat some form of raw salad with every meal. Other foods that are rich in fibre are oats, almonds, cereals, beans, lentils and fruits.
- Ginger tea or mint tea: Ginger is a warming herb, which when had in form of tea can make the body generate more internal heat. This helps activate the digestion process and thereby relieves constipation. The menthol in peppermint has an antispasmodic effect that helps relax the digestive tract muscles and makes it easier for stool to pass through. Dandelion tea can also be used as a mild natural laxative.
- Castor oil: Castor oil is a popular natural laxative. This is because one of the components of this oil helps stimulate the small and large intestine. To benefit from castor oil, have 1 or 2 teaspoons of the oil on an empty stomach. You should be able to pass stool within about 8 hours.
- Drink plenty of water: Water not only hydrates the body, but also helps food move along the digestive system. Without adequate water, the stool is likely to be hard and difficult to pass. Ideally, you should drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Do not count artificially sweetened beverages as part of this count as they can actually cause constipation instead of ease it.
- Warm lemon water: Lemon juice helps stimulate the digestive system and hence is ideal for treating constipation. When mixed with warm water, it can help eliminate toxins from the body. Adding a little honey to the mixture can also work as a mild laxative. Alternatively, you could add salt in place to honey as this encourages the bowel muscle contraction and is rich in magnesium.
Bad breath, also known as halitosis medically, is a much bigger problem than just being a cause for social embarrassment. It could be a symptom of an underlying disorder in your body which when corrected, will result in bad breath being resolved as well. However, in most cases, halitosis or bad breath occurs due to gum and teeth problems or due to life style habits such as a bad diet. Ayurveda has cure for both the problems and offers specialized treatment as well as home remedies.
Some general tips to fight bad breath
Bad breath may occur due to a combination of bad diet or digestive problems as well as oral hygiene issues. Some of the common things to follow, which will reduce your bad breath, especially concerning oral hygiene, are mentioned below
1. Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal as it helps clean food particles which may contribute to bad breath
2. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Dryness of the mouth can often cause bad breath
3. Brush your teeth, preferably at least twice daily and clean your tongue every time you brush your teeth
4. Avoid alcohol, smoking and excessive consumption of caffeine products
5. Use natural breath fresheners such as mint leaves and parsley
6. Don’t use breath mints, mouth fresheners or mouthwashes which have alcohol in them as they may further dry up your mouth, causing bad breath
7. Try and include more of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet as these will keep you hydrated and supply you with the necessary nutrients to keep your digestive system functional and thus reduce bad breath.
Ayurveda for bad breath
Some of the home remedies as well as specialized Ayurvedic medications that can effectively combat bad breath are mentioned below. However, if you have a persistent problem, it is best to consult with an Ayurvedic practitioner who can help you with tailor made combinations specifically suited to your problem.
- Fenugreek or ‘methi’ and tea leaves: Methi is known to have many medicinal properties in Ayurveda. Boil methi leaves into a cup of tea and drink it once a day to see quick and lasting results.
- Cardamom seeds: This is a quick and effective remedy for bad breath, especially for social occasions. Chew on a few cardamom seeds after a smelly meal and it can definitely take care of your bad breath temporarily.
- Honey ginger and lemon combo: If your body has more ‘Kapha’ based symptoms, then this is a very good remedy. Mix equal amounts of honey with ginger juice and lemon juice and use that concoction to slowly gargle your mouth and then rinse.
- Some specialized medications: Certain special medications may be prescribed by your Ayurveda practitioner such as:
- Kushtha, Nagarmotha, Cardamom, and licorice mixtures
- Dashan Sanskar Churna which is a specially formulated charcoal powder meant for brushing
- Special mixtures made from ingredients such as Manjishtha, Clove, Khadir, Cardamom, Betel nut, Black Pepper, Mayaphal, Kulinjan, Cumin seeds, Vidang, Bakul, and Camphor among others; either in the form of edible medication or in the form of mouthwashes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Whether you consider tomato as a fruit or a vegetable, it has a lot of benefits that can make a person healthier and fit. It is usually regarded as a salad that you may or may not want to eat as compared to other vegetables. Because of their helpful phytochemicals, for example, lycopene, tomatoes additionally help in preventing endless cancers and convey other medical advantages as well.
Following are the benefits of a tomato:
- Cancer: As a magnificent source of vitamin C and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that cause cancer.
- Prostate cancer: Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato items, as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer.
- Colorectal cancer: High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
- Blood strain: Keeping up low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
- Heart’s well-being: The fibre, potassium, vitamin C and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart’s well-being. An expansion in potassium, as well as a reduction in sodium, is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- Diabetes: Tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
- Constipation: Eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
- Eye health: Tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- Skin: Collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin C. An inadequacy of vitamin C leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin C is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from UV rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
- Pregnancy: A good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants' good health inside the mother’s womb. This can be found in tomatoes.
Neurological disorders may creep in due to many reasons. It may be due to degenerative diseases, accidents, other health conditions, birth defects or genetics. The most common form of disorder occurs due to non-functional brain cells in some parts, and loss of myelin sheath in neurons, which protects the nerve signals in their complete transfer from origin to destination. These losses are irreparable, but further degeneration can be avoided with Ayurveda. Panchakarma, the branch of Ayurveda, which deals with detoxification of the body and mind, specially helps. Over a period of time, it can bring back the lost sensation in nerves. Yoga, pranayama and Ayurvedic treatments lead to recovery and relief to a huge extent.
Important facts about Panchakarma
There are 3 important steps in Panchakarma, which are followed one after another to get the result. The main objective of Panchakarma is to detoxify the body. Virechanam, vamanam, sneha vasti, nasyam and kashaya vasti are the 5 folds in Panchakarma.
- Poorvakarma or preparing the body, followed by Abhyangam or massage, followed by Elakizhi or herbal paste massage, and finally podikizhi, or steam bathing makes the body ready for receiving further treatments.
- Njavara Kizhi is the special treatment done in Panchakarma where the body is given a rice bolus massage to improve the joint and neuro functions.
What is Njavara Kizhi?
Njavara is a variety of rice, which is specially used for Ayurvedic treatment and massages. In this treatment the rice is made into a pudding by boiling it with milk. This pudding is then made into boluses. The boluses are filled in muslin cloth, and then using these muslin bolus dabs, the whole body of the patient is massaged. This full-body massage has excellent effects on neurological and joint functions. The deep tissues within the body are rejuvenated. The treatment is carried on for 45 minutes to 60 minutes by therapists or experts. Another form of the treatment requires the rice to be made into a paste, and then the paste is applied all over the body. But this is more preferred for beautification.
Other effective therapies
Siro Vasti, Kati Vasti, Ela Kizhi and Nasyam are all different forms of Panchakarma treatment, which detoxify the body and mind and rejuvenate the body and nerve functions. But these treatments cannot be conducted on the body on your own. You need a masseur who must be a specialist in Ayurveda to do this for you. Hence contacting Ayurvedic clinics, doctors or experts would be the best to start the treatment. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Vitiligo is a medical condition, which causes the loss of skin color due to loss of pigmentation. This usually occurs in blotches and looks very unsightly. Vitiligo is very unpredictable and can affect any part of your body. In some cases it also affects the inside of the mouth, eyes, and hair. Vitiligo is more noticeable on people with darker skin tone.
Symptoms of Vitiligo:
- Premature graying or whitening of the hair in your eyebrows, eyelashes, scalp, and beard. This usually occurs before the age of 35.
- Skin discoloration can also occur from other parts of the body such as hands, feet, abdomen, neck and other areas.
- Change or loss of the color of the retina (inner layer on the eyeball).
- Discolored patches on and around the navel, rectum and genitals.
What causes vitiligo?
A medical disorder where your immune system destroys and attacks the melanin forming pigments in your skin. This is known as an autoimmune disorder and by far is the most common cause behind vitiligo. An event such as sudden or prolonged stress, sunburn, or being exposed to industrial chemicals. A history of family members or relatives having vitiligo in the past.
Ayurvedic Treatments for Vitiligo:
- Mustard and Turmeric Oil: A paste made with mustard and turmeric oil can be applied on the affected area. This is also good for the skin and reduces vitiligo. Do this at least 2 times a day to reduce the patches considerably.
- Duckweed: This is a type of water plant and is very rich in a mineral called lignin. It is considered a natural treatment for skin disorders and vitiligo. It will also help to restore your natural skin color.
- Sun screen: If you already have vitiligo, exposure in the sun can make it worse, so applying a sunscreen with SPF 30 or above (or an appropriate level of sunscreen protection) can protect your skin from further damage.
- Papaya: This fruit is great for restoring and reviving melanin (responsible for skin pigmentation). Drinking papaya juice or rubbing papaya on the affected area can reduce vitiligo to some extent.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!