Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish M. ThakurYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year old female my weight is only 38kg I want to increase my weight so please tell the good suggestion.
Tinea or ringworm is basically a skin infection caused by fungus. Tinea can affect any part of the body. When the skin is affected it is tinea corporis, scalp (tinea capitis), feet (tinea pedis, this is also called as athlete's foot) and groin area (tinea curis, also known as the jock itch). This presents as several white patches on the skin.
Causes of Tinea:
Tinea or the ringworm infection is not due to worms but caused by fungi dermatophytes. The fungus remains alive in the dead tissues of nails, hair and skin. Symptoms of Tinea are red circular patches on the skin along with itching.
As per the Ayurvedic philosophy, tinea is often diagnosed as dadru. The body type or the dosha involved is kapha and vata. Kapha, which is an Ayurvedic humor symbolizes mucus. It is usually dense, sticky and cold in nature. Vata, also an ayurvedic humor represents the wind. It is dry, mobile, subtle and cold. Both kapha and vata when present in the skin lead to accumulation of toxins. These toxins further collect in the deep tissues of the skin like rakta (Blood), rasa (nutrient plasma), lasika (lymphatic) and mansa (muscles).
The toxins lead to contamination of the deeper tissues thereby leading to the aggravation of the kapha-vata dosha, thus leading to ringworm. A third dosha which is involved is pitta. Pitta symbolizes heat or fire. It is often referred to as the tridosha disease, and the prime involved doshas are kapha and vata.
Diet and Lifestyle Modification:
- Spicy and hot food, excessive sweet and sour foods should be avoided. Pickled foods, chutneys, citrus fruits like lemon and oranges, vinegar and mustard should also be avoided.
- Avoid foods made up of white flour such as bread, pastries, cakes, pizza
- Artificial and processed foods, fast foods and aerated drinks should be avoided. Excessive salt and tomatoes should be restricted.
- Since tea, coffee smoking and alcohol aggravate the pitta, these should be avoided
- Milk and milk products like yogurt and cottage cheese should be given a miss
- Foods which are sweet, blend and alkaline in nature should be added into the diet
- Fresh vegetables and fruit should be taken
- Foods like grains, rice, pasta, beans, breads, dairy products, sweet drinks and juices can be had
- In 3 cups of water boil 10 to 15 neem leaves, until half the water evaporates. Washing the tinea lesions with this water helps.
- Rubbing papaya over the lesions is very effective
- Make a paste of turmeric and milk and apply on the lesions. Wash this within half an hour of the application and repeat it 3 to 4 times a day.
I used to have pimple in my face and I pop them frequently because of that now I have small holes in my face. What should I do?
Hi doctor I am Vijay I had went to skin specialist coz I was having much pimples and darkspots. He had given me soap and two creams Bengal acne gel and one more now it fifteen days I am using it bt my skin is getting darker and white rashes on my face I am not able to open my mouth coz of it. What shud I do?
After period having pain and feeling like discharging something but there is no blood at all? What to do?
I am 54 years old man I used to take wine thrice in a week about 3 to 4 peg. In the morning I feel Burning sensation in the stomach. After taking 4 to 5 glass of water it become cool some instant but I could not take my break fast in the morning. Kindly let me know what to do?
I'm having excruciating pain in the left abdominal area from 4.30 pm. My menstruation started today at 3 AM. I generally have cramps during this time every month but today's pain was surprisingly acute. Please suggest.
I am a retired person. I am a diabetic patient. I take Galvusmet tablet twice a day. My sugar level is almost stable. Can I get heart problem?
My brother has some problem in his tooth. We saw a minor lines in it. N from sum times he is using lemon juice with pinch of salt to do whiter his tooth. Wat to do. Is lemon n salt affects his tooth. please suggest. He is physically fit n no other problems.
I want to put on a brace on my upper teeth. I'm confused about the cost of brace. Could anyone please tell me the cost of braces.
Lybrate | Dr Sankar Kumar Das speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
46f suffering from prolonged and heavy flow periods. Other than heavy there is no other complaint. Periods are regular Dark patches (brown) on nose ,below the back neck,
1) Use skin friendly mild soap with lukewarm water.
2) Do not use strong soap or spirits/petrol to remove the harsh colours.
3) Moisturize your skin soon after washing off the colours, as these colours dehydrate the skin.
4) Avoid harsh scrubbing or using brush on your skin.
5) Avoid using milk to wash eyes.
6) To get rid of the traces of colour, mix gram flour (besan) with milk and rub it.
7) If you have acne, use medicated Cetaphil cleanser or an antibiotic gel.
8) Do not rub your eyes if colour goes in. Wash them immediately with clean water. If it is accompanied by a burning sensation, wash with milk. In case of any injury to the eye, contact emergency health services immediately.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.