Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Treatments For Birds
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
My pup is 1 year old. let me know the vaccination schedule for him. He is a pug . Also let me know deworming schedule too.
I need suggestion for my pet. My pet dog is speech. Age: 1year 8 month. Weight 4 or 5kg. My question is my dog never eat food and not feeling hungry. I force my pet to eat but she just eat half of food of a small bowl. And some time she eat 1 time of a day. And now he getting sick and losing weight everyday. Please help how can I make my dog fell hungry? Is there any medicine or treatment for dog that make her feel hungry? Please suggest me what to do.
I have 1 year old Labrador dog and he sheds a lot continuously from 7-8 months till now. First I thought it was a seasonal but it does did not stop. I gave him Himalaya Furglow, Vithum-H syrups but not much effective. I also bought anti dandruff shampoo and made him bath many times but the dandruff goes out but no stopping of hair shedding, I give him drools premium dog food 2 times, chapati and milk, eggs at 2-3 days interval, curd and rice. Some times family members give him salty snacks like namkeen, salty biscuits but no sweet things. I also deworme him every 2 months and changing every time the deworming tablets. He is very active and smart. So what should I do to stop hair shedding. Is it any internal problem because I have seen that even street dogs shed like nothing when I rub my hands on them but my labrador dog shed a lot compare to that when anyone rub hands on his body. Please suggest any remedy.
My dog is gsd 1 month old but i am cofuse her coat is single,doble ya midium because sb alg alg btarhe hai or use food mei kya de bcoz wo kuch b ni khata h thoda bhut he khta h osko bhuk bdane ka b tonik diya but fir b koi fark ni pdra ya ose jo food hm dere h wo acha ni lgta nd wo bar bar toilet jata hai or khi b kr deta h .M kya kru nd oska khane ka tym table kese manage kru?
I have an 8 months old persian cat, but his hair is falling, so I requested give me a medicine which I give to my cat for perfect health
Doctor actually I use to sleep only in bra and panty and some time only in bra but always I sleep with my pet Labrador male dog in blanket or quilt. When I sleep without clothes his red colour penis is came out and a liquid start drain. I use to sleep with him since 1 year. His penis or that liquid could be harm for me? Should I need to be worry about that? What should I do please explain?
Common intestinal parasites in dogs and cats
You've probably heard the names before
1. Roundworms, 2. Hookworms, 3. Whip-worms and 4. Tapeworms. These are the intestinal parasites most often seen in pets, and each of them can harm your dog or cat in unique ways.
Symptoms of intestinal parasites in pets
While worms are usually found in puppies and kittens, infection can occur in dogs and cats of all ages. Signs of an intestinal parasite infection can include:
Death (in severe infestations)
Note that these signs can also be associated with other diseases so if you observe any of them, you should take your pet in to see your veterinarian for an examination. Diagnosing an intestinal parasite infection is usually done through a laboratory analysis of your pet’s faeces.
De-worming has become a controversial subject.
Developing de-worming strategies requires consideration of a several different things, including:
• What parasites are in the area?
• Are the risks the same all year round or are they seasonal?
• What parasites pose a risk to an individual pet or what are the pet’s chances of exposure? (e.g. Does the pet go outside? Is it exposed to many other animals? Are there multiple pets in the household?)
• Are there any people in the household at particular risk for parasitic infections? (e.g. young children, people with developmental disorders that might be more likely to be exposed to pet faeces?)
Everyone agrees puppies and kittens need more aggressive de-worming, but there are a few different approaches to managing de-worming in adult animals.
So as far as myself consider regular de-worming in these schedules:
Puppy de-worming: (age 40 days – 120 days) preferably suspension
(I don’t recommend de-worming puppies before 30 days as it may affect their nutritional absorption mechanism and reduce the immunity level, while they are feeding with the dam I think they are well protected. )
1. Puppy at the age of 40-60 days while doing the primary vaccine
2. Next second dose at the booster stage around 15 days from the first dose i.e. around 55 days – 75 days.
3. Third dose is at 90-120 days
Puppies at 120-180 Days of age: preferably tablet
De-worming around 180 days is preferable and do consult with your vets for specific drug of choice depending up on breed and their nature of infection they have
Semi adult dogs 180 – 360 days: preferably tablets
In this period you can de-worm the puppy either once in 2 months if you have a group or pack of dogs or you can once in three months if you have just one dog with you
Adult dogs anything above 360 days
Once in every 3 months i.e.. yearly four times is the recommended Schedule for Asia
BITCH IN HEAT: special condition
Should be de-wormed at 4- 5 th day of heat and repeat dosage at 9-10th day second dose and third and final dose is after whelping and after the milking period stops i.e. after whelping 60 days apart best way to maintain the breeding bitch as per standards
Choosing the right dewormer for your dog
There are many different types and brands of de-wormers on the MARKET: and determining which dewormer to use, whether to administer it by pill or liquid, and at what dose can depend on a lot of factors.
Knowing which dewormer to use and at what dose can depend on a variety of things such as the type of intestinal parasite present, and the age, size and current health of your pet. Aside from reading the labels on de-worming products, it’s important to discuss the options and your dog’s unique needs with your veterinarian first.
Your veterinarian can recommend a product that’s appropriate for your pet after a diagnosis has been made of the type and species of the parasite. In addition, some medications can also be used to help control intestinal parasites. Considering that some parasites can infect people as well as pets, certain de-wormers may be used as a preventive measure to decrease the risk to humans.
My dog is 5 years old she is not eating from last 3 days whatever she eats she vomit back. What to do? Went to a Dr. he said that she's is suffering from gastrointestinal infection today he provided drip and don't know which medicine but my pet is not eating anything and she is very lethargic right now. I'm worried. Yesterday she had a fever of 104°C but today no fever was there.
I have Saint Bernard, he is not eating since last 6 months properly & goes slim & slim I have tried every thing Please help me Please I beg u
Hi, My dog doesn't eat anything, he just love eating JERHIGH company sticks of differnet flavours. He is also suffering from thyroid, plus by licking his own front front legs, he has removed his hair from the front two legs.
Mere dog ko kafi khujli Ho thi hai or uske puri body par red nissan ho gaye hai meine uske body or red liquid dawai bhi Lagai thi par firse Ho gaye hai.
1. Make sure your dog has unlimited access to fresh water all the time.
2. Make sure your dog has access to shade when outside.
3. Take walks during the cooler hours of the day. Avoid 5-7pm evening as the steam emitting from the road can kill your pet with heat stroke!
4. When walking, try to stay off of hot surfaces (like coal tar roads) because it can burn your dog's paws.
5. If you feel it's hot outside, it's even hotter for your pet - make sure your pet has a means of cooling off.
6. Keep your dog free of external insects (fleas, ticks) - consult your veterinarian about the best product for your pet.
7. Consider clipping or shaving dogs with long coats (talk to your veterinarian first to see if it's appropriate for your pet).
8. If you have a short nose breed like pugs or bulldogs, keep a Turkish towel with you whenever traveling. Whenever you notice he/she is panting heavily, you can soak the towel in water n wrap it around his body to have a local cooling effect.