Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Archana MoorthyYour feedback matters!
there was leakage, wetness n ejection during sex act but no stage there was penetration and all time both had clothes on body. Does such act result in pregnancy?
My wife has done a rubella igg and igm it has resulted to 1123 ui/ml and 0.312. Can you please suggest. She pregnant for approx 2 weeks. Thanks.
Hi i am 30 yrs. And unmarried. I had sex with my boyfriend aftr that I had my periods. But after that from last 1 month we havent done sex. Still I didn't got my periods still. Last date was 10/05/2015, and still im not got my periods its 41 day today. I did a test at home and its negative. Please help me.
Infertility is a condition, which is characterized by the inability to have a baby for over a year in spite of having planned and unprotected sex. It is a pretty common phenomenon for both men and women. However, there are several treatments available for both the sexes to help them recover from this problem. Here are some of the most common treatments available for infertility:
1. Changing your lifestyle: Certain factors in your lifestyle, which may cause you to be infertile include the medications you take, lack of exercise or not having intercourse frequently enough or not at the right time. The solution for these problems is simply incorporating certain changes in your daily life, such as exercising more, sticking to a healthy diet or having intercourse more often at the right time.
2. Sperm retrieval: Sperm retrieval is the technique used when you cannot ejaculate or when there is hardly any sperm present in your semen. It is also used in case of a low sperm count.
1. Intrauterine insemination: Intrauterine insemination is a process in which healthy sperm cells are put into the uterus so that the egg gets fertilized when it is released. The sperm cells have to be inserted at the time when your ovaries release eggs; therefore it is crucial to know your menstrual cycle as well as how fertility drugs are affecting it.
2. Fertility drugs: Fertility drugs are used to stimulate ovulation. This is done by administering medications which either regulate or cause ovulation to occur. There are several types of fertility drugs, so you should talk to your doctor about which should be the best for you.
3. Hysteroscopic surgery: This is a last resort, which is taken only when there are significant problems such as intrauterine scar tissue, uterine septum or endometrial polyps.
4. IVF: IVF is an assisted reproductive technology. During IVF, the sperm is first retrieved, after which fertility medications are given to the woman so that the egg can be retrieved. Finally, the egg is fertilized on a laboratory dish and injected back into the mother or a surrogate mother.
Hi, I got married on Jan 2017. I do intercourse with my wife frequently but every month she has periods and didn't get pregnant. So I wanted to know is there any points I should follow to get my wife pregnant. Thanks
I am 19 years old women. I am not comfortable with my sex. I feels and behave like a guy. What is the problem with me.
I am 25 years old, I have periods on June, 9th.normally I have my periods on almost 28-31 days regularly. After intercourse in July, after 43 days I have my period for just half day. Then in august I have my period on 31st day. It last for 2-3 days. But not that much bleeding. But now in September (32 days till today) I did not got my period. Is there any chance to be pregnant?
Hello doctor. I had medicine for postponing my periods. Near about for 10 days in february. I was expecting my periods on 19 but I came on 27 of march. First 2 days it was normal but 5, 6 and 7th day it was more than usual. Now I have missed my date and still have not got periods. Please suggest me what to do. Thank you.
I am 28 years old female. I am a married woman. This is our third year after marriage and we have a 7 months old daughter. We both love each other but still we are fighting for some things and are not living happy. I am a working woman so I am staying away from my husband. I live with my parents. He works in other place and so he lives alone. My mother in law stays in other place. I have been sending my salary to my mother in law soon after getting married. She takes care of everything and my husband do not involve in any financial matter. I have been asking him to start savings for our future but all went in vein. Now we have a daughter and we have to take care of her future and so I asked hm to save one salary for our baby and use other salary for household expenses. My MIL is staying in our own house and there is no need for paying rent and so the expenses would me maximum of 15000. So I asked him to use his salary for expenses and I will save my salary for baby. I will just keep 10000 for my and baby expenses. But still he is asking to send 20000 for my mother in law. I can save only 20000 for baby. I am not sure for how long will I work. So I want to save something before I quit my job. So we are getting argued every time. I don't know why he is not understanding me. If there is a real requirement I don't have any problem in sending money. And we don't have savings since our marriage though I sent my salary every month. So I am very much worried about savings. As I am staying away from my husband and working I am missing my life with him. So at least I should feel happy if there are savings for our baby. Is my thinking process is wrong?
I have pigmentation problem. I have v shape pigmentation on my back upper body. Showed many doctors and informed I never wore backless nor its sunburn. Also done my PCOD checkup and resulted negative any suggestions.
Namaskar My wife is 7 months pregnant and I want to know which types of juices and food are best of her and for baby also.
If I marry my second cousin. What will be the birth defects. We can overcome problems .if we take necessary precautions.
She has been taking contraceptive bills since 2th July. Her LMP date was 25the June. Her period was supposed to be started on 23th July. But it is not started yet. Please advice. What should she do now to avoid possibility of pregnancy.
Hi Good Morning! I want to ask more about IVF. What is an IVF? Can I do an ivf at my age? Can I have a twin by ivf? What do I do for an ivf? Required measures to do an ivf? Is an ivf 100% Successful? Is there any risk by doing an ivf?
Your eyes are one of the most important sense organs, which help in perceiving up to 80 percent of all major impressions. All your important daily activity like reading, internet surfing, driving etc are done with the help of your eyes. You should never take your eyes for granted. There are many ways in which you can take care of your eyes to ensure that you see and experience the world at its very best.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking makes you vulnerable to a majority of health related problems. When it comes to the health of your eyes, smoking can place you at a risk of uveitis (inflammation of the middle layer of your eye which includes ciliary body, iris and choroid) and cataracts (clouding of the lens in your eyes leading to a blurry vision).
- Wear sunglasses: Proper sunglasses can protect you from the harmful ultra violet (UV) rays of the sun. You should still use sunglasses even if your contact lenses offer UV protection. Too much of UV rays can cause pingeucula (yellow bump on the eyeball) and other serious eye problems. Polarized lenses can help to give your eyes proper protection while driving.
- Screen time: Minimize the amount of time staring at the computer screen as it can cause
- Eye strain
- Dry eyes
- Head ache
- Back and shoulder pain
- Anti- Glare: Use an anti-glare screen on your computer at work so that the strain and pressure on your eyes are less.
- Regular exercise: Exercise such as walking can prevent degeneration of the macula (present in the center of the retina in your eyes) which typically occurs by the time you reach the age of 60.
- Don't Ignore: You should look at changes in your vision as an early warning sign. The changes would include difficulty to see in low light, hazy and double vision, along with abnormal swelling and severe pain in your eyes.
You should visit your eye doctor for check ups at least once every two years. Eye diseases like diabetic retinopathy have no early warning symptoms and can only be diagnosed through a comprehensive eye exam. You should also ensure that the prescription for your contact lenses and eye glasses are up to date. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Liver is the largest internal organ of our body and plays an indispensable role in a number of important body functions such as blood detoxification, glucose storage, storage of iron and vitamins etc. Liver disease, commonly known as hepatic disease affects a large part of the liver tissue and can be treated effectively if detected while it is in its initial stages.
Here are five major symptoms of liver disease which you must watch out for:
1. Weight loss: Rapid loss of weight is the most common and noticeable symptom of liver disease. If you feel that you have lost an extra couple of kilos within the span of a few months, you should definitely consult your doctor and get a check-up done.
2. Fatigue and weakness: This is usually accompanied by weight loss. As the body loses fat, it tends to become lethargic, low on energy and fragile. Feeling tired at all times and witnessing a reduced stamina can be signs of liver disease.
3. Tendency to easily get bruised: Liver disease affects at least three quarters of the liver tissue which makes your body susceptible to bruises, cuts and wounds. The skin becomes fragile and is thus damaged easily at the slightest provocation. Moreover, once bruised, it also takes a longer time to heal than normal, as the generation of new tissues is erratic and takes longer amount of time.
4. Darker than normal urine: This is another early warning sign of an impending liver disease which can easily be noticed. If you are noticing urine which is dark yellow in colour and this happens continuously for a couple of days, it is in your best interests to consult a doctor at the earliest.
5. Swelling and pain in the abdomen: Abdominal pain is often dismissed as being trivial and occasional but is a definite symptom of liver disease. If you are experiencing severe pain and swelling in the area, make sure to get a doctor’s opinion.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am 22 years old female married 11 months ago whenever I had sex my vagina itches & burns for an hour. Please advise.
I have consulted some doctors. They all said me that I have'lypoma. Does it have any cure ? It is absolutely painless.
Sex, which gives pleasure to most, can be painful for some. There are a lot of reasons such as allergic reactions or psychological reasons so as to why one may feel pain from sexual intercourse.
Symptoms of pain affect both and women equally.
Pain from sex in men can be caused due to following reasons:
- One of the most common cause of pain during sex is a tight foreskin.
- Inflammation of the prostate may cause difficulties such as pain during sex.
- Infections in the penile area such as thrush which results in the irritated skin cause pain during sex.
- Damage to the foreskin covering the penis may cause a sharp and stinging pain during sexual intercourse.
If the symptoms are exaggerated and persist then it is recommended to consult a medical professional. In the case of itchiness and unusual discharges from the genitals, an STI (sexually transmitted infection) test is carried out. Another common treatment is using lubricants during sex to get rid of the dryness that is causing the pain. In the case of allergic reactions, it is recommended to test the products before using them.
Pain from sex in women can be caused due to the following reasons:
- Infections such as genital herpes (a viral disorder) or gonorrhea (a bacterial disorder in the vaginal skin) can cause pain during sex.
- If the passage in the vagina is narrow then it can cause pain during sex.
- If the women have reached menopause it makes the vagina dry. This can cause modifications in hormones that restrict the vagina from being wet during sex and causes pain.
- Allergic reactions from latex used in condoms can cause irritation in the genital region that may cause pain.