Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Archana Moorthy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Archana MoorthyYour feedback matters!
A birth control pill is commonly referred to as an oral contraceptive pill. A form of hormonal contraception and is a highly effective method of birth control. Only 1% of women experience unintended pregnancy when on the pill.
Birth control pills are of two types i.e combination pills and mini pills. Combination pills contain synthetic forms of the two hormones called oestrogen and progesterone. The mini pill only contains the hormone progesterone and is called progestin.
However, the pill does have some side effects to it. These include the following:
- Intermenstrual spotting: Within the first three months of starting the pill, women experience vaginal bleeding between the two period cycles.
- Nausea: Although the symptoms subside after some time, some women till experience nausea for a while after taking the pill. If one consumes the pill with food or before going to bed, this can help lower the likelihood of feeling nauseous.
- Breast tenderness: The breasts might feel tender and enlarged after taking the pill. However, anyone who finds a lump in the breast or feels continuous pain needs to seek medical help.
- Headaches: Migraines and headaches are a very common phenomenon of the birth control pill. Different types and doses of these pills may result in different headache symptoms.
- Gaining weight: Experiencing certain fluid retention in the hip or breast area is very common. It also affects the fat cells of the body because of the oestrogen present in the pills.
- Mood swings: Those with a history of stress or depression might start to feel the same again. If one has that kind of a history and starts to feel emotional changes, she should consult a doctor immediately.
- Missing periods: It is a common side effect that after using the pill, one's period might get skipped. This is influenced by several factors including stress, depression or thyroid dysfunctions.
- Decreased libido: The sex drive can be widely affected by the birth control pill. Although many other factors could result in a decreased libido, but if it remains after having the pill and is persistent, one should seek medical help or consult a specialist.
- Vaginal discharge: There could be an increase or a decrease in the vaginal lubrication. Some people might experience vaginal discharge since it is very common. Changes in vaginal discharge never turn out to be harmful.
- Changes in the vision: Fluid retention due to the birth control pill can result in the swelling of corneas. Because of this, even contact lenses do not fit comfortably. Contact lens wearers should consult an ophthalmologist if their vision or lens tolerance is disturbed.
Although there are certain side effects to taking birth control pills; however, one should not abstain from taking them in the fear that they might cause certain side effects. These pills are a precautionary measure along with other protection methods and should be taken in case someone wants to avoid pregnancy at the time being. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 26 old female. Having fungal infection in my vaginal area. Lots of itching and burning pain What to do to reduce the symptoms.
Dear sir/madam, we are also facing same problem. We regularly doing sex thrice a day since last 2 month but still there is no sign of pregnancy. Should I consult to doctor or wait for someone time. And please suggest us tests which we can do.
I am 20 years old and have been diagnosed with pcod 7 years back. I received treatment with oral contraceptives however I stopped them on my own as they didn't improve my condition. I began taking fish oil tablets twice in a week and since then have been having my menses regularly every month. However, I have missed my menses in the past 2 months and also had spotting for a week with clots. Can I start treatment with Ovabless?
Sir meri wife ka Period time 10 August Ko band hua or 13 Ko protection fat Jane ke Karan sperm andar chale Gaye please batao wo pregnant to nahi hogi and main le at a time toilet Kara Diya or haldi wala doodh pilaa diya.
Does benzathine penicillin 2.4m injection has any side effects when used in 3rd month of pregnancy for treatment of syphilis?
Hi, I'm a 37 years old single working woman. These days I'm getting worried about the fact that I may not able to conceive post 40 years as people around me scaring me that my biological clock is getting almost over and I'm yet to marry and have kids. How genuine is my concern/ worry? I'm pretty slim (56 kgs) and stand at 160 cms.
Hey me and my girlfriend were having sex yesterday and some I torn my banjo string in her vagina and some of my blood enters in her vagina she is now worried that she is pregnant And there is brown blood with some white thing is coming out of her vagina (blood flowing is less) Is she is really pregnant?
My clitoris is swell my elder sister hit on my organ thats why my clitoris is swelling it is normal please suggest me what can I do?
Dermabrasion is a skin related treatment used by cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists to cure a number of ailments that may leave your skin looking less than healthy. This method basically employs a technique that removes the upper layers of your skin with the help of a rough edged diamond wheel or a wire brush. These edges are called a burr or a fraise.
Here is everything you need to know about the procedure as well as the results that it can yield:
- Areas and Conditions: The most common areas where this procedure is conducted include the face as well as the neck. It is mostly used to treat people who want to remove fine lines that form around the eyes and the mouth, as well as patients who are suffering from acne scars and other inflammation causing skin ailments as well as abrasions due to injuries.
- Preparation: The procedure includes cleaning and marking the area that is being treated. This is the first step that helps in seeing exactly what needs to fixed, the extent of the damage and the intensity of the treatment to be employed. Following this process, the doctor will administer a local anaesthesia such as, Lidocaine that will numb the area before the actual treatment begins so that the patient does not undergo any discomfort. Also, with this purpose in mind, the dermatologist may also apply ice packs on the face and neck of the patient so as to make the skin even more numb and remain like that for a longer period of time. Additionally, the skin may be sprayed with a freezing cryogenic spray in order to retain the numbness and keep the skin firm enough for effective treatment. If the doctor is going to treat deeper abrasions or the entire face, then pain killers and general anaesthesia may be used.
- Procedure: To begin with, a small area is exposed to the treatment at a time, rather than the entire area or face at one time. After the freezing spray is administered, the doctor may run the rotating brush or burr to remove the top layers of the skin. Gauze will be kept handy so as to stem any bleeding that may take place during the process. Finally, the area will be covered with the help of ointment and dressing.
- Results: The recovery time is said to take anywhere between five to eight days. But this also depends on the severity of condition that was treated, as well as the area that was covered. Little or no pain may follow and regular cleaning will be required. To prevent re-occurrence or re-growth of the problem, follow up visits to the dermatologist will be required.