Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Archana JhawarYour feedback matters!
I am passing brown fluid as a discharge whats wrong with me? and I am also having vertigo while lying in bed. What should I do?
Hello Doctor, I am Atul Mittal, aged 44 yrs. Male. I am getting throat problem in every changing season from last winter. Now also I have the same problem and not getting rid of Khansi. Please suggest Regards Atul Mittal.
I have been experiencing pain in my throat for last two months. My doc said that is vitamin b deficiency and that I had sore in my throat. He gave me antibiotics after which it was fine. But again I am feeling that pain. Also, I am falling ill frequently, especially cold n cough. Pls suggest a remedy.
I feel so uncomfortable because of dried mucus of noise. I have regularly clean my noise 4-5 times a day. Suggest me some tips or medicines to get rid of this bad thing.
I am 57 years old I got nasal allergy problem presently I am using livo cetrizine tablets but it is worrying me frequently how to over come this problem.
Why am I bleeding black. For the first time this is happening to me. I am also facing body pains, stomach pain and all.
Hey, I've been thinking of considering rhinoplasty for a few years now, I'm soon going to be 17 (Male) and my nose is very large. Enough to spoil my looks and is the most noticeable part of my face. I am writing here so I could understand if my nose can positively be rectified through plastic surgery and what would be the estimate cost for it. It would be great if you could give me an estimate cost of the surgery before any appointments so I can discuss it my parents to move forward. Hopefully I could get a few answers from experienced surgeons so it could give me an idea. Thanks a lot!
Swallowing food comes naturally to human beings. But when there is a problem, it is usually called Dysphagia. Esophagus, a muscular tube-like organ located at the back of our throat, usually helps in swallowing food and transferring them to our stomach. When esophagus does not function properly, dysphagia happens. Patients suffering from brain or nerve disorder, seniors and babies might have this problem.
People with dysphagia might witness the following issues:
- Difficulty in swallowing solids and liquids.
- Gaging, choking or coughing usually occurs when trying to swallow.
- Experience pain when trying to swallow and also heartburn.
- Swallowed food might come back up either through mouth or nose.
- A chronic problem might result in weight loss.
There are 2 main reasons, why the Esophagus might become dysfunctional.
- Due to some medical condition the muscles and nerves that help the esophagus work have stopped working.
- The esophagus is blocked by something.
There can be a number of reasons for both the condition. Here are the reasons why the muscles and nerves might not work.
Certain diseases can create problems with your nervous system, which in turn can affect the esophagus. These diseases are polio, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, Parkinson’s disease.
- A brain stroke, spinal cord injury or brain injury can also affect swallowing.
- Polymyositis or Dermatomyositis are immune system problems that can cause swelling or weakness.
- The muscles of esophagus suddenly squeeze, which is called esophagus spasm.
- Scleroderma causes the esophagus to become thin and weak.
The esophagus might be blocked because of these reasons:
- Esophagus might have malignant or non-malignant tumours.
- Esophagitis is a medical condition when the esophagus is infected, got some allergy or even if a pill got stuck on it.
- People suffering from reflux diseases often experience the acid that backs up into the esophagus. This can cause an ulcer on it resulting in scars. Scars make Esophagus narrower, making it difficult to swallow.
- There are small sacs called Diverticula on the esophagus or the throat, often making it difficult to swallow.
- Lymph nodes, tumours, bone spurs can also obstruct esophagus and create difficulty in swallowing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.