Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anupama SatheYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex with my husband on 27 august and on d same day I took unwanted 72. I did not bleed till now. Nd my due date in 10 sept. Der is any cancw og getting pregnant? When should I get my periods?
Polycystic ovary disease or PCOD is a kind of hormonal disorder in which a woman produces a surplus of male hormones like testosterone.
High levels of male hormones produce symptoms like irregular ovulation or no ovulation at all. In simple words, women with PCOD or PCOS don’t release a mature egg from their ovaries every month resulting in infertility. PCOD affects one in 10 women worldwide.
Women suffering from PCOD suffer from symptoms like heavy vaginal bleeding. This is because, as they don’t ovulate and produce the hormone Progesterone like normal women do and have normal periods, the lining of their uteri becomes thick leading to heavy bleeding and sometimes uterine cancer.
The other common symptoms of PCOS are:
- Weight gain
- Oily skin
- Heart problems
- Irregular periods
- Mood swings and depression
There is a propensity for developing diabetes as well in PCOS affected, as a number of women with PCOD are resistant to the action of the hormone insulin used for sugar metabolism. This means that it takes larger than normal amounts of insulin to maintain normal blood sugar levels. Though fairly common, PCOD has no surefire cure in mainstream allopathic medicine but Ayurveda can help alleviate PCOD symptoms in a big way.
PCOD - How Ayurveda Can Help?
- In Ayurveda, PCOD is caused due to an imbalance of any of the two doshas - Pitta (Fire) and Kapha (Water). Aggravated Pitta causes contamination of the dhatus or tissues like blood and plasma. This causes a buildup of toxins or ama in the body.
- In PCOS patients, these toxins get accumulated in the channels of the mind, leading to an imbalance of hormones secreted by the pituitary gland. This results in an imbalance of female hormones and causes the formation of ovarian cysts which is nothing but a collection of fluids within the ovary, anovulatory periods or periods with no ovulation etc.
Ayurvedic herbal remedies for PCOD
Ayurveda works on these problems:
-Correcting hormonal imbalance
- Reducing high cholesterol levels
-Treatment for insulin resistance
Herbs like Ashoka (saraca asoca), Dashamoola are amongst a group of herbs which are used to prepare Sukumara Kashaya like Ashwagandha, Eranda, Shatavari etc for correcting hormonal imbalance.
Other drugs for curing PCOS are-
1. Shatavari or Asparagus racemosus
This helps mainly in promoting normal development of ovarian follicles. It also regulates periods and aids in revitalizing the female reproductive system. Shatavari also helps in controlling high levels of insulin due to PCOS, due to its phytoestrogen or natural plant based estrogen levels.
Guduchi is a powerful anti- inflammatory herb. We know that chronic inflammation in body tissues is the root cause for insulin imbalance and ovarian cysts in women. This herb helps in revitalizing body tissues and lowering insulin resistance.
3. Shatapushpa or fennel
Fennel seeds are used as a supplement as the phytoestrogens in them bring down inflammation and control insulin resistance.
Triphala is rich in vitamin C- a powerful natural antioxidant that helps in reducing inflammation by reducing free radicals. Hence this remedy is excellent for cleansing and detoxifying systems and is therefore best taken prior to taking any other Ayurvedic medicines to improve outcome.
5. Aloe Vera- Kumari (Aloe barbadensis)
Aloe Vera is yet another Ayurvedic herb that is extremely beneficial in treating PCOS as it helps in regularizing menstrual cycles and promote normal menstruation. It also normalizes hormonal imbalance. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I am expecting for pregnancy positive status. My last period date is on Feb 24 of 2017. Right now I have crossed my expected period date by 6 days .In between these six days I have taken UPT twice in night time. Both of this tests results in to negative .still I not getting in to periods. Can you suggest to get confirmed required time line to get further UPT .Below the symptoms I have during this days 1. Often getting back pain (not now) 2. Whit discharge (slightly) 3. Some times feeling right abdominal pain.
I had sex with my wife without condom in the mid of her month and before I cum I pull outside my penis and eject all cum on floor is there chance of pregnant.please help.
Yes, you are right that is watermelon.
Isn't it amazing to have a fruit whose each and every part is useful, the fruit itself pink portion, seeds and yes the rind i.e. the white portion.
The watermelon rind or the white portion is mostly discarded, has a powerful antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase. The rind also contains citrulline, an amino acid which helps in the production of nitric oxide, that dilates blood vessels and paves way for smoother blood flow, thus improving heart health.
Keep watching this space for recipes incorporating white rind of watermelon. Reducing the footprints.
Bacterial vaginosis is an infection of the vagina that occurs due an imbalance of the vaginal bacteria. The naturally occurring bacteria in the vagina overgrow in number and this creates the imbalance. This disorder is very common among women, especially who are pregnant. This problem is usually not very serious and tends to go away in 4-5 days. However, in certain cases, they can cause serious complications:
The symptoms of bacterial vaginosis are:
1. You may experience vaginal discharge that is white or gray in color
2. You may have constant itching in your vagina
3. The vaginal discharge usually has a foul smelling odor
4. You may have a burning sensation while urinating.
Causes behind it:
Vaginal bacteria can be either good or bad. Any disruption in the delicate balance of the vaginal bacteria can lead to bacterial vaginosis. There is no exact known cause of this disorder, but it is believed that having multiple sex partners increases this risk. Other factors can be:
- Douching: If you clean your vagina with water and other cleansing agents on a regular basis, then it may create bacterial imbalance, thus leading to this infection.
- Multiple partners: Having multiple sex partners puts you at a higher risk of contracting bacterial vaginosis.
This disorder may also lead to various complications such as:
- STIs: This infection may make you highly susceptible to various infections such as chlamydia, HIV and gonorrhea.
- Disorders of the pelvic region: Bacterial vaginosis may lead to inflammation in the pelvic region, which in turn may lead to infertility.
- Preterm birth: It increases the chance of premature birth.
There are certain preventive measures that you can adopt to prevent this condition:
1. Using soaps which contain no or very little chemicals
2. Use latex condoms during sexual intercourse to prevent sexually transmitted infections.
3. Don’t clean your vagina on a regular basis
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hello I want to ask one question my bhabhi is pregnant from 4 months and vomiting is not stop yet so please tell me what we do and also tell me diet for her.
Hi my wife had abortion when 6 week fetus .the doctor gave 4 tablets. So and took 3 tablets first and leaving one day gap another 2 tablets next days as said by Dr. When my wife had heavy pain in stomach they examined her and told their might few few cots stuck so they put one or two tablets inside her body today. And few hours pasted but no blood yet And heavy pain again, I’m scared .she is crying in pain so kindly suggest what should I do?
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.
Hai. Am 25 years old. I hav a kid of 4 years and v r planning for pregnancy. My doctor prescribed me productive-f for 30 days coeDHEA SR for 30 days STIMUFOL for 5 days Do this tablets help me in conceiving and getting pregnant.
I have a friend Radhika who had taken an ipill a week before because of unprotected sex. She was suppose to have her periods yesterday (2nd Nov) but she missed it. She had taken a pregnancy test that said negative. But she hasn't gone through any bleeding because of the ipill and hasn't had periods as yet. Please help.
Notice the strange smell wafting in your kitchen? It's not your food... it is your refrigerator! Fridge is often one of the last places on our home cleaning list. We like to keep things in our kitchen shining and spotless but the inside of the fridge is a different story all together. The entire contents have to be emptied and at least half a day has to be dedicated to scrubbing and cleaning all the hidden corners, needless to say putting everything back and planning your day around the activity. As boring as it may seem, it is an important chore that you need to undertake at least once a month. Why? Because other than food, your fridge may be hosting some unwanted guests that may cause a lot of health problems for your family. Have a look:
1. Find out who hitched a ride into your fridge: Certain foods, like vegetables, chicken and meat which are not kept in a healthy environment when being sold can harbour some harmful bacteria. These will travel with your food into your fridge and even sometimes cause cross contamination. So give a good thought to what you are putting into your fridge to take your first step towards a healthy life.
2. Find the long lost items: We often put canned foods in the fridge to use for a later day. A lot of these items come with months of shelf life before the expiry date. But sometimes they get pushed back a little too much and we fail to notice that they may have passed their expiry date before use. We often tend to take a 'sniff' and 'taste' test for such items and if they seem fine, we use them anyway. When an item crosses its expiry date, be sure to throw it out. If it doesn't then use your best judgment. When in doubt, throw it out. It may be an on-off case to cause a harmful reaction.
3. Different foods different shelves: Your fridge is designed to hold different foods on different shelves. Raw meat and leftovers go on the bottom shelf, fruits and vegetables on top and cheese and canned items in the center. This allows them to stay closest to the temperature optimum for them.
4. Covert your fridge into your diet ally: Mid night cravings for ice cream, cakes, and other comfort foods can wreck havoc on your diet and health. Start by cleaning out your fridge and let go of the things that can get you into health trouble. Re-stock your fridge with healthy items stored in an attractive manner. Cut carrot sticks, bright fruits, and healthy green salads all stored in snack-able portions will eventually make you reach out for them over other foods.
5. Get your basics right: Your fridge should be under 40 F or 4 degrees. Give it a thorough cleaning every month with baking soda.
Want to know what you can put in your fridge to help you lose weight and gain health? Get a consultation today.