Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Anuja TungenwarYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old girl and have been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries so can you please suggest which treatment would be better? Ayurvedic or allopathy?
My daughter 25 years of age unmarried is having irregular periods since the last 5 months. Periods after 20 days or after 40 days varying every alternate month. What should she take. Periods are normal.
Hi my name is priti. My delivery date is 10th April 2016 post I have a c section post delivery my stomach is still quit big what should I do? I am tensed.
I had my periods on 7th october last month. Then I had unprotected sex right after that and I took an I pill on 11th. I think I had periods again on 17th. They were same as them but I was confused coz I just had them a week ago. So is everything ok? And when should I expect my next period date?
I am feel pain in lower abdomen or pain during urine and for last year after sex my wife feel same problem is it a std. Or other serious disease.
After going for ivf. Can I go to my job grom fourth day. And I is it ok to updown stair once a day on job. What are the other precautions and eatable that I take for pregnancy on first go.
Its been two months that I delivered a baby. Now my hubby wants to suck my breast milk. Is it possible or safe.
My question is for gynaecologist regarding the vaccine Rubel (preventive for cervical cancer. Is it worth or mandatory to be administered in all the girls and does it has any side effects (short term or long term) both?
I was having 3 and half month before Abdominal pain doctor gave me meftal spas for stop that pain. And second day morning. When I went to washroom the baby sac comes out through urine and blood clots so I want to know that why it happens and if I want to plan for next when should I plan.
Can me and my husband have sex during pregnancy. I am 5 months pregnant. Can we have oral sex? Will this harm our baby?
Is it safe to use karvol plus like taking a steam during pregnancy. I am at 21 weeks and have bad cold.
I'm 25. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. I missed my periods. My pregnancy test is positive. I want to have periods. Please suggest me medicines which can help me out.
5 Things to Keep in Mind if you Have Had Unprotected Sex
If you are not planning to get pregnant, some kind of contraceptive precaution should always be taken before or during sex. But, sometimes real life situations do happen in emergency when one is either not ready / forgotten/ignorant or lazy to use these precautions. The resultant anxiety starts taking a toll on you from the next morning after. Here are a few things that every sensible woman should keep in mind:
1) Unwanted pregnancy: Please keep a track of your last period date i.e. the day you started to bleed in the last month and calculate a projected date when your periods will start in this month. One can roughly divide a 28 day cycle in 4 quarters. Then calculate in which quarter the unprotected sex happened. If it happened in the first and the last quarter, then your chances to conceive are extremely rare but theoretically a pregnancy can result from even a single sexual contact at any time of the period.
2) Emergency contraception: If a pregnancy is a total no-no, you must consult a doctor to give you emergency contraception. This tablet needs to be taken as early as possible and within 72 hours of unprotected contact. The sooner it is taken the better are the results but its effectiveness is not 100% and failures resulting in pregnancy happen many a times. So do not rely on emergency pills except in real emergencies.
There is another way to protect your-self which is considered more effective by doctors. Intrauterine devices (Copper-T or multiload)can be inserted in your uterus up-to 5 days after an unprotected intercourse and removed as soon as your periods come. You could keep it for longer if you wish to use it as your regular contraceptive. This is more effective in avoiding pregnancy as compared to the pill and you could discuss this option with your gynaecologist.
3) Sexually transmitted infections: If it has been a one night stand or you are not very sure of your partner's sexuality, you must visit your gynaecologist to get yourself tested. Usually sexually transmitted infections cause pain in your lower tummy, foul smelling or itchy vaginal discharge, difficulty in urination and painful sex. If you think you have developed a STD (sexually transmitted disease), treatment should be taken quickly to avoid permanent damage.
4) Urinary infections: Difficulty in passing urine/ burning sensation and passing it drop by drop could be a sign of urinary infection which happens commonly in sensitive women after oral or vaginal sex. If you have any problems like this a simple urine routine test should be done to detect infections and treatment taken soon to avoid bad effect on your kidney.
5) Delay in Periods: Sometimes after unprotected intercourse, the periods are delayed. This can happen due to many reasons. The commonest reason is a delay associated with the use of emergency pills(I-Pill/unwanted 72 etc. available in Indian markets)) of up to one week. Stress, hormonal imbalance and failure of emergency pills causing a pregnancy are others. Whatever be the reason, one should not take a chance and at least do a home pregnancy test once every three days till periods resume. If the home test shows a positive pregnancy, you should contact your gynaecologist for further help.