Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anju R Prasad
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Anju R PrasadYour feedback matters!
From last few months. I I'll from cause of jaundice. But I recover and healthy now. Bus some time I feel very weak and energy less. I want to know that. Here a chance of jaundice again.
1 month Diet chart for slim tummy and face I have bit bulky chest also. How to get rid from all that?
I want to loose my weight from home. My diet is not proper. Having rice in the meal 3 times day. After having rice again I get hungry within a hour or 2. And go all for the junk food after that. I want to loose my weight. What should I do?
Is it possible to naturally lose 108 kg in a year like Anant ambani is claiming? Need answers from top nutritionists.
It is often believed that eggs tend to heat up your stomach and, hence, should be avoided as much as possible. People believe that eating eggs during the hot summer months can lead to detrimental health effects. One of the reasons attributed to this belief is that eggs contain copious amounts of cholesterol, which can generate tremendous amounts of body heat.
However, contrary to popular belief, eggs do not heat up your system and perfectly safe for consumption during the season of some summer.
Having eggs for breakfast helps you with the following:
1. Cholesterol Factor - To be precise, a single egg provides 212 mg of cholesterol out of the recommended 300 mg. However, cholesterol in your diet does not raise the cholesterol levels in your blood. This happens because the liver produces a high quantity of cholesterol each day, and when you eat more eggs causing your cholesterol levels to rise, the liver starts producing less of it. In fact, a study found that eggs didn't raise cholesterol in 70% of its test subjects.
2. Provides Choline - Choline is a substance, which is required by the body to build cell membranes and to perform a horde of other functions like liver function, brain development, nerve, and muscle function. Lack of choline could lead to disruption of these functions. Whole eggs contain more than 100 mg of this less known nutrient, and therefore, should be a part of your diet.
3. Contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin - One of the gradual symptoms of aging is worsening eyesight. There are many types of nutrients that help in countering this degenerative process. Two such nutrients are lutein and zeaxanthin, which eggs are rich in. These two antioxidants help to build up the retina of the eye. Moreover, they also help in preventing eyesight conditions like cataracts and macular degeneration. Eggs are also rich in Vitamin A, the lack of which is the most common cause of blindness worldwide.
4. Reduces risk of stroke - For many decades, eggs have been unfairly criticized. A popular misbelief was that high cholesterol in eggs made them a cause for cardiac problems. In a review, which accounted for 17 studies and a total of 263,938 participants, no associations were found between eggs and heart diseases. Eggs are also highly filling and help to lose weight to a certain extent.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Struggling with Weight loss? Try Eggs for Breakfast!
I am anupam kayal. I live at sonarpur, I am 25 year old and I have weakness for 2 months and feeble. What should I do?
Obesity today is a universal problem around the globe and you would be surprised that a lot of it is caused by unhealthy habits. Let us look at some reasons to avoid late dinners
When you eat during the day you are generally active and this digests all the food properly but when you eat a late dinner it has more chances to increase your weight as weight increases when your metabolism is thrown out of gear during your sleeping hours , which tends to increase your weight. As during your sleep time your metabolism slows down.
Fluctuation in sleep cycles
A very important aspect of eating a late dinner is it affects your sleep cycle which can have a disastrous impact on your waking state. You will find you will also find it harder to get to sleep and the late dinner just throws your entire body mechanism out of rhythm. Also, if you’re late dinner includes a lot of cookies and cakes as a dessert, it will only increase your weight it is better rather than a late dinner to drink a glass of milk which will also assist you to sleep.
Increased Excretion Needs
If you have a late dinner your food will have to digest while you are asleep and your metabolism is slow, so you will need to go and ease yourself to the restroom at regular intervals at night which also affects your sleep pattern. If you really are hungry at night you should consider eating foods high in fiber as these will take a long time to digest and won’t affect your sleep at night.
It is finally important to follow a regular routine as the body works like a clock and needs its input at regular intervals if you indulge in late night dinners it throws the entire clock haywire and will have a disastrous effect on your overall well- being.
Sir one of my relative has diabetes problem from last 3-4 years. He take medicine when sugar level increases. Please suggest the diet chart and any medicine to cure the problem. His age is 48. Height is 5'7" and weight is 70.
Hello, my age: 25 hight: 5'3" inches weight: just between 38 to 45 my concern is my weight and physical structure I have checked all most medical check up like sugar, thyroid and have tried all natural things to boost likeJim, overeating, eating egg & chicken, fruits, dry fruits etc. But result was I am still under 45. Consult me if I am missing something or there may be other reason!
Hi doctors I'm 24 years old recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. May I know in next how many years can type 2 diabetes has cure.In this technology in next how many years we can expect cure for type 2, diabetes Please answer me Thanks in Advance.
A quite common condition that may or may not cause a difficulty is the Deviated Nasal Septum. While most do not show any symptoms, some may experience noisy breathing, nasal congestion, or nose bleeding.
Nasal septum deviation is a physical disorder of the nose. It is a condition when the thin wall which is referred to as nasal septum located between the nasal passages is deviated or displaced to any one of the sides which makes one of the nasal passage reduce in size obstructing the air flow and causing trouble with breathing.
Causes of Deviated Nasal Septum
In cases of slight deviation of the nasal septum, it generally goes unnoticed since it does not result in any significant difficulties. In some cases, even if there is a slight difficulty in breathing, the individuals think that it might be due to a cough and cold which blocks the nose.
- One of the leading causes of deviated nasal septum might be due to the condition that was present at the time of the birth of the individual. A deviated nasal septum might occur during the fetal development which is apparent at the time of birth.
- The second cause of this condition might be as a result of an injury to the nose which causes the nasal septum to move out of its normal position. The injury might be caused by any accident, contact sports, active play, etc.
Symptoms of Deviated Nasal Septum
In most of the cases of the septal deformities, there are no visible symptoms, but in some cases, there arise some symptoms from which a deviated nasal septum can be confirmed. First and foremost, there is an obstruction in any one or both of the nostrils which make it very difficult to breathe. This might be more noticeable when the individual catches a cold or any allergies that cause the nasal passages to swell. Another prominent symptom is the bleeding of nausea which is caused when the surface of the septum becomes dry. In some cases, facial pain is experienced particularly in the area near the nose or inside the nose. A noisy breathing during the sleep can be another symptom of the deviated nasal septum.
Treatment of Deviated Nasal Septum
The treatment is usually carried out by Ear - Nose - Throat specialist (ENT). The first procedure for treatment is the decongestants which are the medication used for the reduction of the swelling of the nasal tissue that helps to allow free flow of air. Antihistamines are another type of medicines used to treat this condition which helps in the prevention of allergies that includes a runny nose, blocked nose or obstruction. Nasal steroid sprays are also used to reduce any kind of inflammation of the nasal passage. In extreme cases, surgical repair needs to be done. In such cases, Septoplasty which is a surgery used to repair or correct deviated nasal septum is performed.
Thus, when you experience symptoms, deviated nasal septum can be diagnosed and treated effectively.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!