Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Anju R PrasadYour feedback matters!
What is good for a whole day which make me fresh n fit. So please suggest me. What I have to take in my meals.
I am not gaining weight, my height is 5'8" and my weight is only 53.2, please tell some measures to increase weight?
I am 23, height 170 cm and my weight is 90 kg. Is it OK because I think I am overweight and please tell me the perfect weight for my age and height.
I am diabetic but I am having infection in my right toe and its not getting cured what can I do and i am having crack in my legs? please provide solution.
According to my height my weight is 20 kg less, kindly say me what to have food to increase my weight.
I am 24 years old and my body is very thin. I want to make my body healthy and beautiful . What should I do now ? Please help me.
Hello my name is ankit and I want to ask you that how I can in crease my stamina in limited days of 1 month?
Actually I am concerned with my weight I am too thin. And that's why doesn't feel confident too. And day by day m becoming thin. I try to gain health but seems kinda impossible for me. So what should I do to gain some weight.
I am a non vegetarian and have sedentary lifestyle but I have gained a lot of weight in last four years from 75 kg to 120 kg. Also if I take alcohol sometime then next day I feel lot of pain like cramps in thighs and calf also I am not able to exert proper force. Please suggest me to overcome such problems and to loose my weight for at least 30 kg.
Hello. I am 24 years old girl. My prblm is, I feel weakness even on a proper diet. My height is 5'6" and weight 43 kg. Is it ok? What should I do?
I am 16 years old and my weight is 46 kg I am not so fit so I want to ask you that which medicine and what type of diet I should take to build my body and to be fit and fine. I am a student of 11th standard.
I want to reduce my belly fat I am doing gym since 8 months but still there is no results I get I want to build up my muscles by exercising I want to get results please suggest me.
I am 28 years old female height 5'3" since more than 6 years my weight is 40 no increase in weight I am married house wife with kids, I have good diet, but progress in my weight please suggest me what to do? :(
I am 50 years old active person want to reduce fat from only tummy & want to fit & active long life.Please do help.
I've been diagnosed with bulky ovaries or pcos and fatty liver. I've been told to lose weight. My target is at least 20 kgs. Please suggest some ways to achieve that and also curd is my favourite food, can I have it in this condition.
My son is not gaining weight from last 6 months he is not eating enough daily. He is not taking milk. His weight is 10 kg only. 2 years. Please advise us .He is active only he plays all the day and sleep 3 hours in day and 10 hours night. He is going motion after his meals. Is anything going wrong.
When an organ residing in a cavity such as the abdomen tries to push through the muscular layer it resides in, it is called as hernia.
Though said to be genetic, hernias can be caused by things such as improper heavy lifting, incorrect posture, or chronic constipation and as a result of surgical complication or injury. Factors like obesity, pregnancy, smoking, chronic lung disease aggravate the severity of the hernia. It is believed that about 27% of all males and 3% of females can have a hernia during their lifetime.
Types of hernias:
- Inguinal hernia: The groin is the most common area, where the abdomen pushes through a weak spot in the lower abdominal wall, causing a protrusion into the inguinal canal. This is more common in men than women.
- Hiatal hernia: The abdomen has the diaphragm separating it from the thoracic cavity in the upper border. When it pushes through the diaphragm, a hernia is caused and there is almost always associated food reflux in these cases. Though the most common cause is associated old age, due to muscle weakness, there also are cases of congenital hiatal hernias.
- Umbilical hernia: The abdomen finds a weak layer along its length and protrudes through the skin on the stomach. Most commonly seen in babies around the bellybutton, it gradually corrects itself on its own. Quiet rare in adults, seen during pregnancy and in chronic obese people.
- Incisional: These are post-surgical, and happen when the organ protrudes through the weakened wall due to surgery. The abdomen is again the most common area and the hernia can happen either onto the external surface or internally, when they are called ventral hernias.
These are the most frequent types, though hernia affects other organs like the spine, brain, appendix, etc.
This includes a combination of constant monitoring followed by a decision to do surgical treatment. Hiatal hernias and umbilical hernias can be monitored for a while before deciding on surgery. Inguinal hernias may require surgery earlier in the stage. Post-surgery, a mesh is placed to hold back the tissue in its corrected place. The umbilical hernia in children could be self-limiting. If it does not get auto-corrected in the first year of life, that also would qualify for a surgical treatment. Hernias need to be managed under medical supervision.
Related Tip: "Is It Crucial To Treat Hernia, Surgically?"
Diabetes is a serious disorder which happens when your body has an unreasonably high level of blood sugar, which further leads to harmful effects. Diabetes has a wide variety of complications associated with it, and they start to build up slowly and gradually. Some of the common complications are:
- Retinopathy - In simple words, diabetes leads to eye damage by making the eye exposed and prone to severe eye disorders like cataracts and glaucoma. If you have retinopathy, then you may also have face the consequence loss of vision or permanent blindness.
- Skin conditions - During diabetes, your skin health is bound to degrade to a large extent. Your skin will become thin in texture and more prone to cuts and breakages due to internal skin cell damage. Thus, the skin gets more exposed to the bacterial and viral infections and its healing process also slows down as the cell division takes longer than usual.
- Nephropathy - Nephropathy refers to kidney damage which is caused due to diabetes. The kidneys act as a filter system to the body and they filter out waste materials from the blood. Diabetes causes damage to the blood vessels of the kidneys which may further result in serious kidney disorders and may increase the risks of a sudden kidney failure.
- Cardiovascular diseases - This means that if you are having excessive diabetes, then you are at a risk of having a major heart attack or a heart stroke. Additionally, increased blood sugar levels also lead to other heart-related diseases like chest pain, narrowing of arteries etc.
- Neuropathy - It is a complication related to the nervous system of your body. The complication generally occurs in the legs as there is a numbness, burning or tingling sensation in the legs. This happens due to the extra sugar in the body, which damages the walls of the blood vessels. In the worst case scenario, you can lose sensation in the legs.
However, it is always desirable that you go and visit a doctor if the conditions persist for a longer time. Additionally, you can also depend upon some domestic care measures to bring your blood sugar levels under control.
Related Tip: Does Hormonal Imbalance Hint the Risk of Diabetes?