Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anand SudeYour feedback matters!
My baby is getting cold frequently. His chest is congested and nose is running. He is 1 year 2 months old. He was born premature at 7 months. Last time due to wrong treatment of some doctors he needed blood transfusion due to dropped blood count by heavy medicine for cold. Please help.
Hi sir my son is sucking his finger from birth now he is 1 years and 3 months old even now he is not living that habit. Suggest me some liquid to stop. That he is addicted to that.
Is it okay if I give cow milk to my daughter? She is 10 months old now. And wat all things I can add in her daily diet?
A little more about Weaning:-
Weaning can be defined as a process where there is a gradual transition from an infant's diet to a fully grown adults diet. Weaning is considered a period of complementary feeds, which helps an infant to establish a better connection with food. Weaning can also be considered as a process of developing infants taste buds. Weaning should always be introduced after 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding (from birth to 6 months).
Since the entire process of weaning takes a lot of patience and perseverance, mothers are expected to be creative to bring the best introductions in her child's menu. It is more of a trial method for the new mum, as it helps her govern a basic taste of her tiny tot.
Below are some points which can benefit both the new mum and the baby towards effective weaning.
Points to be kept in mind for a fruitful weaning:-
- Feed only supple or soft foods:- To avoid the potential risk of choking, which can be common with the foods like apple, grapes, nuts, popcorns, The rule here to follow is to make sure that the food fed, should be soft enough to get mashed between the finger and the thumb. It becomes very important to go choke free. One can conveniently start with blends.
- Offer purees and nutrient dense meals:- Weaning should be a gradual and relishing process and purees play a vital role in resetting the overall process since they are loaded with important nutrients and are also easy to digest, they can be an ideal meal to begin for the growing infant.
- Diversify the baby's prospect as a part of growing:- Babies like to see the world as a process of constant change and learning. Including wide varieties of mild herbs like basil, turmeric in his daily weaning diet, will help in developing a stronger immune response.
- Discourage the use of salt, sugar and honey all together:- Do not encourage the use of salt and sugar till the baby turns one. They can prove to be very heavy on the baby's tiny developing system, without contributing much on a nutritional front.
- Go slow and enjoy the overall process :-Considering this period as a time of bonding with your baby, by doing so you will be able to help your baby attain a healthy, positive and fun loving rapport with the new mum and the food, which will last with the baby for rest of his life. By any sort of force feeding involved, baby can get rebellious and might never want to have food at all.
- Encourage self-feeding:- By encouraging it, the baby will eventually learn the process of self-feeding. Self-feeding will help the baby to have a better grip over fine motor grip and also help him be more independent. Self-feeding should be monitored under vigilance and allow baby learn self-feeding by himself, in spite of some futile attempts.
Weaning should be a gradual, happy and a positive process, which should be initially done at a turtle pace. It should evolve as a learning process for both mother and the baby since that will help them to establish a better understanding and connection with the food habits. Weaning can sum up to the benefit of new mum by attaining a better understanding towards baby's food preferences.
My 6 month baby has started to take solid food. But she refuses milk. I will struggle to her to drink 2ozs milk. But she takes solid food for my compulsion. She doesn't show interest on solid food. My worry is that she is not interested on solid food at the same time she refuses the milk. please give me best solution as soon as possible.
It's about my son. According to his age my son takes a good diet. But sometimes after every meal he passes motion it's neither hard nor watery it's semi solid kind off. The quantity of motion is little. Is this normal?
My daughter is 10 yrs. Old. She has the problem of snoring, nostrils block when she feels so hot in summers. She had an operation from ent doctor in her throat since two years. After operation the problem was clear. But now it is repeated from 6-8 months. Now she takes homoepathy treatment but no response is here. She is fatty also. Her weight increases day by day. Now she is 44 kg. What should I do.
My son was 8years old last month he had cough we went to Dr. after checking reports he said chestinfection given somemedecine the samecough is coming this month pm say somehomeremedies this problem.
My baby is 6 weeks old, I have applied mustard oil on his body massage oil on thursday, now have a bad rash all over his face, ears and some on his neck. What can I use for that and what could be causing that? What I have to do pls guide us.
Is Dabur Janam Ghunti is safe for one month old infant ? If yes for how much time it should be continued ?
The moment when you learn about your child being autistic can be a life changing moment for you. You might feel all the dreams and aspirations which you built around your child come crashing down on a pile of zilch. However, recent developments in this field show that you can certainly take steps to make your child more comfortable and bond well with them.
Autism related disorder usually begin before the age of 3, when the child starts encountering problems in communication and social interaction. This article tries to help you find a way to deal with an autistic child:
- Learn more about autism: Learn about autism as much as you can; a broad understanding of the causes and symptoms of the disorder can help you understand your child better. This will also enable you to respond to your child’s needs better, both physical and psychological.
- Build a strong support system: It is difficult to parent a child who is suffering from autism. Communicating and interacting with your child might be extremely difficult and problematic. In order to overcome this stress, you should have a strong support network, a support network from which you can draw your strength and logic once you have to take major life decisions for your child.
- Review your treatment options: It is advisable to start treatment immediately after the diagnosis is done. Early treatment can help better your child’s cognitive skills that can help him/her cope better with the surroundings and circumstances. The treatment options include behavioral training whereby self-help or social skills training is used to work on the child’s communication skills and behavior. Specialized therapy is another option whereby the therapies are directed at a particular aspect of the child, primarily speech or physical functioning.
- Focus on your child’s diet: Diet plays an important role in the regularization of any disease. Even in case of autism, deficiency of certain vitamins or minerals makes it very important to analyze the diet and then assess it. Consult with the doctor before making any modification to the child’s diet.
- Behavioral training: Behavioral training is an aspect of autism treatment that allows the child to adapt to various conditions. Before a child undergoes behavioral training, it is advised to assess his/her behavior, functional abilities and the environment your child belongs to. The objective of this therapy or training is to induce desired behavior and get rid of the undesirable ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.