Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Anand KumarYour feedback matters!
My father met an accident two years back. Due to that accident one of his eye ball has been not moving. Doctors are saying it will take time but two years has over still no result. Is there any solution?
Hi I am 25 year old female, working in Mnc 9 to 6 timings, I feel I have high bp, because I am constantly being angry on every other person. Please suggest me. Do I need to see a doctor?
I haven't seeing the smaller letters in text books for reading, then what I want to do? Please help me.
I work in front of laptop daily for like 10-12 hrs, and now always at night my eyes get red with irritation, due to which I am not able to take good sleep, please tell me what to do?
What can help me to reduce piercing sensation in the corners of my eyes near the nose? These piercing sensations are temporary but sometimes intermittent. Is this cause for concern? Is it a by-product of some other inherent ailment?
Sir I feel irritation in my eyes while using mobile or watching tv how can I relieve my self from this problem? Please advise.
I suffered from jaundice 1 month ago. It is cured now but I still lack the glow on my face and my eyes have little yellow colour please suggest some remedy for this.
I have a problem that I loss my eye sight in minus (-1.25). And another problem is that the eyes are remain hot when I m in outside. I feeling uncomfortable. I can't open my eyes properly in some time. Water is out from my eyes. I use also glasses. please tell me what eye drop I should use for cool down my eyes. And improve my vision.
My eyes were grayed in outer circle of Black (pupil) when I was suffering from jaundice , I consulted to Eye specialist but they said its not harmful because its happened due to lake of body harmons during the decease , My eye side is perfect but have some suspect that if it will not harm me in future.
Sir, I have black color at bottom of my eyes. I have like that from past 3 years. For that problem what should I do?
I am a female of age 23. I see bad things happening as soon as I close my eyes or without even closing my mind create pictures of bad incidents and I am not able to stop them. I see my close ones dying. Be it family or friends. And I find myself very attracted towards physical intimacy too. Is that a issue. Because a person in a hospital who did not know me at all asked this question that do you see dead people in dreams and suffer from bad thoughts. I learned that he was a homeopathy consultant. What the problem. PLEASE HELP. I have too many health issues also.
I have jealousy in my eyes. I washed my eyes by water but no effect on jealousy. While I study it jealous a lot can you explain the causes?
I am 22 years old I have eye site since 10 years at present I have almost 6 long site planning to have laser surgery can I go? Does it have any side effects? Is there any other way to cure my eye?
I have shaky or shuddering eye vision with flashes. What it could be? These flashes and shaky vision is continue from 1 month. Please tell me sir what kind of check up should I do?
There are many kinds of conditions that affect the eyes and make vision difficult - temporarily or even permanently. Uveitis is one such condition that causes eye inflammation in the middle layer of the tissue that resides in the wall of the eye - also known as the Uvea. The progression of the condition is sudden and the symptoms, quite painful.
Let us get to know more with this article:
- Causes: To understand any condition and how it is to be treated, one must first understand the causes of the said condition. While the specific causes behind the onset of Uveitis are not clear, this inflammatory disorder may be caused as a side effect of others like an autoimmune disorder including those like ankylosing spondylitis or even sarcoidosis. Also, infections such as cat scratch disease, syphilis (learn more about syphilis problem), West Nile virus and others may cause this kind of inflammatory condition that also affects the eyes. Lymphoma is also a kind of cancer that can be found in the eyes, which can create Uveitis. Finally, eye injuries and surgeries may cause this condition too.
- Symptoms: This condition has a variety of symptoms that may flare up suddenly. There are very few cases in which these symptoms start and progress gradually. Redness and pain in the eyes is one of the most commonly experienced symptoms while decreased vision and sensitivity towards glares of light may also be felt by people suffering from this condition. One may also see dark spots floating around and the vision may get blurred as an effect.
- Onset of Symptoms: The symptoms usually depend to a great degree on the part of the eye that gets affected by this condition. The Uvea also consists of the iris, the choroid, and the ciliary body even as it enables blood flow to the deep layers of the retina.
- Medication: In order to treat mild to moderate cases, the ophthalmologist may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication like corticosteroids, as well as bacteria fighting medicines like antibiotics. Also, immunosuppressants can be used to deal with slightly more severe cases.
- Surgery: Very severe cases will require surgical procedures like a Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous in the eye for better management of the condition. Also, with surgery, the doctor can implant a device that leads to a slow release of medication on a constant basis so that the treatment and prevention of the condition goes on, unhindered. Yet, this method can also come with side effects like the onset of glaucoma.
The severity of the symptoms as well as the extent of the damage will pretty much determine the speed of your recovery as far as this condition is concerned.