Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amol DhokarYour feedback matters!
My teeth is not straight so want to nomal teeth I visited a local orthodontic he told me first remove my 4 teeth then set braces its necessary remove 4 teeth for orthodontic treatment my age is now 26 how much time about a whole process and much cost around total treatment.
I have yellow teeth so please tell me some incentives so that I can remove thi yellowish colour from my teeth.
I have stains on my teeth It's like black spots but really small After a through cleaning at a Dental Clinic All over But after few months its back Remedies for it?
Toothpicks can be an alternative to use for flossing if dental floss is not available. Remember not to be too harsh while using it.
She is not able to eat spicy food, though she can eat and drink hot and cold beverages and food. Her teeth are NOT sensitive towards sensation. She has shown it to many dentists and some of them said that due to her pointed teeth, there are cuts in the inner part of the cheeks and that is the reason why she is not able to eat spicy food. All the prescriptions given by the dentists have been followed by her but there has been no relief till now. She has even changed the toothpaste and has also changed the toothbrush. Please guide me what to do now.
I am 23 year old. My upper lateral tooth was grown tilt and more inclined towards the mouth (not in perfect place) which makes a small gap between upper central and canine .Now it problems me to eat from the right side. So a doctor told me to extract the tooth and after extraction it will correct overlapping of upper central tooth and fills the small gap between the upper central and canine on naturally .i want to know after the extraction of tooth will it impose any effect on my face structure as there are rumors that it will make wrinkles on face at young.
I have the problem of getting ulcers on my mouth frequently. I got ulcers within every week. M not able to eating talk properly with this problem. Is there any Sol. I had some tube that is sometime helpful. I'm using zytee and orasep gel. I am so worried that even though using these medicos I'm not able to got free from ulcers. Is this is serious issue? I got mouth cancer? Help! Me.
I am having a problem in my teeth's my teeth's are unhealthy they are yellowish and blood comes out every time I brushed my teeth.
Sir, good evening from last five days I am sick, kuch karne ka man nahi kar raha hay, khansi bhi ho raha hay thoda thoda sa, and headache bhi hay, n mouth may chaley pad gaya hai tongue ke niche, aaj subh say throat may pain ho raha hay, kuch khawu piyu to lagta hai n pain hota hai, and also may smoking bhi kar raha hu from last 6 month, can you tell me what should I do?
I have spot on my teeth it is not going so I think for scaling is it any harmful effect or side effect please help me.
I'm sufferings from mouth breath odour. Its too much embressing for me. I can't to any person. please help me.
Dental implants are titanium posts, which resemble the root of the tooth. These posts are embedded on the jawbone below the gums. This makes it easy to place missing bridge or teeth of the area where inserted. Implants are different from dentures and benefit the oral health as they are not fastened to other teeth like the bridges. Titanium is considered to have an affinity with bones and also when the new cells grow they attach to the post, thereby, making a strong bond.
Factors to consider for oral implants:
For consideration of implants, it is a must that one should have healthy gums and sufficient bone support. In case the bone is soft and thin, a bone graft might be required to support the implant. Also, if in the upper jaw the bone height is not much or the sinuses are near the jaw then a sinus lift might be required.
One has to undergo a surgery to get replacements through dental implants and this fact is enough to give jitters to people. The fact is that implant surgery is just a routine procedure and is very successful if done in the correct manner and by trained hands.
Reasons not to worry about implant surgery:
The procedure is planned: This surgery is a minor operation as all the details are usually plotted prior to the procedure. In a case of complex conditions, Ct imaging or x-rays are used to locate the positions for the implants. Surgical guides can also be used to generate passages and incisions for the placement of the implants.
Surgery can be done under local anesthesia: If a person has a healthy mouth then there is no problem for an implant surgery as it is much easier as compared to an extraction. When performed under local anesthesia then only the implant site and the tissues close to it are numb. Some people who suffer from anxiety can request their dentist anti-anxiety medication or a sedative to make them calmer.
Minimal post surgery discomfort: A pre-planned procedure and advanced technique lead to less tissue disruption. Also, the tissues, which are incised are stitched together with absorbable sutures. Post surgery a NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug), such as aspirin is enough to relieve discomfort. In some cases, strong pain relievers might be required.
The implant heals very quickly and success rate of dental implants is almost 90 to 97%. After some days of the bone integration, dentist fixes a permanent crown which provides the same functions as that offered by the natural tooth. A successful implant is sure to give a confident smile and functions for a long time.
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"