Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amith
Submit a review for Dr. AmithYour feedback matters!
Red colored urine is something my mum experienced. What could be the issue? She has a sever stomach pain as well.
I am a male of 62 years old now. I have undergone surgery for intestine perforations about 2.6 years back. I was hospitalized for about a month. I was put under catheret for urination. I had no problems after my discharge from the hospital. Now for the last 2-3 months I have a problem in urination. The top of my penis has been blocked partially. As a result, while urinating it spills in all directions. What is the treatment?
Sir due to masturbation my pennis not erect properly. And leakage of semen through urine may occur. So my body get tired always. And my pennis is slightly bent. Pls sugest me some natural remedies for cure this problems.
Dear Doctor, I am suffering from cramps on both my legs at night during sleep. I have completed Creatinine tests (0.8 mg/dl, S.Urea (37 mg/dl, S/P Glucose (80 mg/dl, Hb% (14.8),PCV (45, S.Bilirubin (Total 0.4 mg/dl, Total Protein (6.6gm/dl, S.Albumin (4.3gm/dl, S.Globumin (2.3gm/dl) S.Alk. Phosphate (68U/l, SGPT.(alt) 26U/l, S.G.O.T.(ast) 29U/l, CK-MB <2.50 ng,cTnl <0.50, Myo (40. 9 ng), Total WBC (6100), S/P Glucose (after food) 90 mg/dl. I suppose my Sugar and Uric acid are under control. Why am I suffering from cramps and allergy then, when all the tests reveal normalcy?
I am suffering from kidney stones. After PCNL surgery the stones making process increase .now I have go for. Retrograde renal intra surgery but the result is same. Stone making tendency increase.
My son is 20 years old, having some behavioral problems from 5 yrs. His treating Dr. are unable to cure him, as per them it's not his psychological problems, it's his personality disorder which is difficult to get cured, presently he is treating in NIMHANS, in this case can you help us Doctor?
My mother has a disease of one kidney failed from last one year and second is infected. What cashew nuts is good for her?
Urinary incontinence is the leakage of urine or urinating involuntarily. Urine is released by a process called micturition where the detrusor muscles of the urinary bladder contract to empty the bladder. This is usually a voluntary action but when the muscular contractions become involuntary, incontinence occurs.
Urinary incontinence may be caused due to stress, pregnancy, obesity, weak pelvic muscles, alcohol intoxication or due to diseases like diabetes, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease. Children under the age of 5 experience incontinence most often. People above the age of 65 are also prone to the condition. The disorder is observed more in women than in men. The associated conditions of urinary incontinence are:
- Infection in the urinary tract: The risk of bacterial infection is increased due to incontinence and abnormally frequent urination. If you have had an infection in the urinary tract in the past, chances are that incontinence will cause repeated or chronic infectious diseases in the tract.
- Skin diseases: The skin is constantly wet and in continual contact with nitrous urinary toxins like urea, inorganic salts and compounds. So, over time, the skin becomes red and itchy. Rashes and sores may also develop. Sometimes, when you scratch the itchy skin too much, the capillary blood vessels may break and cause a petechial rash - red and brown spots - to appear on the skin.
- Anxiety: There is a constant feeling of shame that accompanies the disorder. Urinary incontinence, which is a common symptom of many medical conditions, is often, not reported to doctors. The patient often avoids socializing due to fear of being unable to control the micturition process in a social situation.
- Depression: Urinary incontinence affects the patient's psychological health directly due to the adverse impact on his or her quality of life. The amount of sleep is often decreased as the patient is afraid of urinating while being asleep. The condition may also cause restrictions on employment and other recreational activities.
- Sexual problems: Most women suffering from urinary incontinence report decreased sexual urges, painful intercourse and are even unable to achieve orgasm in spite of responding to sexual stimulation because of urinary leakage during intercourse leading to embarrassment and withdrawal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!