Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Prp Hair Transplant
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amit GavdeYour feedback matters!
What can be the best cream for all skin problems? I am suddenly having many small pimple like things on my face and I want to get rid of these. Please help.
Sir, I had tinea curis from a month. Then i took itraconazole and laevocetrizine for 20 days and it all dissapeared. Now again i've started feeling itching like that. Please tell a permanent solution of it.?
Are you fed up of tweezing, shaving or waxing the unwanted hair, then laser hair removal is the right option for you. Unwanted hair removal from different parts of the body is not only time consuming, but is also a very boring chore, which needs to be carried out on regular intervals. On top of it, the process is accompanied with the worry of bruising skin and often resulting in patches. With laser hair removal, the process has become easier and hassle free.
As per the laser hair removal process, a laser beam hits the individual hair follicle after passing through the skin. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle, which inhibits future hair growth. Laser hair removal effectively slows hair growth and typically takes multiple laser hair removal sessions to completely get rid of the unwanted hair. The laser hair removal is most opted for areas such as female facial hair, bikini line hair and back hair for men. The process is most suited for people with light skin and dark hair.
Laser hair removal therapy has been classified in five methods. Although they are all different, but they function on one same principle of converting light to heat producing effect of laser. Lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged. The process does not require any recovery time which allows one to return to work immediately.
- Ruby Laser Hair Removal was the first cosmetic laser hair removal system. The wavelength of this laser is 694 nm. The laser damages the hair follicles keeping surrounding tissues and structures in the skin safe. It gives long term hair free results and any hair regrowth is thinner, finer and patchier than previous growth. The built-in cooling system continuously cools the skin and is least painful in comparisons with other laser hair removal systems. It can be used on small areas of skin and slow laser repetition rate resulting in better and long treatment times.
- Alexandrite Laser Hair Removal works in a similar manner as the Ruby Laser hair removal system. The wavelength used in this system is 755 nm, which is in the red infrared part of the light spectrum. It is the fastest available laser hair removal treatments. It has excellent penetration rate and can cover large areas of skin. It also work great on albino skin and freckled skin, on which many other laser hair removal systems are ineffective. It is effective on skin with white to olive tones with thinner hair types. It is not suitable for dark skin as the skin pigment can change.
- Diode Laser Hair Removal are made up of diodes or semiconductors operating at wavelength of 800 - 810nm. It can be used effectively darker skin coupled with thick, coarse hair making it popular with men due to its effectiveness on back and chest hair. It is the next most useful hair removal light source and the most promising laser for hair removal. The Diode laser features a longer wavelength and thus able to provide better results among dark-skinned people. This laser provides safer and deeper penetration into the skin layer. Large areas of the body tend to recover faster.
- Nd:YAG Laser Hair Removal is the most advanced type of laser hair removal system. It works at wavelengths of 1064 nm in a double frequency mode, which creates green light at 532nm wavelengths. It is effective on all skin types, including Asian and dark skin tones. It has a fast rate of repetition and can be used on larger areas of skin.
- IPL or Intense Pulse Light Hair Removal system is a non-coherent laser. It is flexible than laser hair removal, as there is no set laser wavelength. For this treatment parameters are set to suit one's individual needs, giving one a personalised treatment. It can cover large areas of skin and has smaller risk of damaging surrounding tissues.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin or hair related problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Hi doctor (27 years old. I had some allergy last feb on my cheeks and I got some spots of that for the treatment of these spots I went to the doctor in the september she prescribed me tab minoz 50 mg (1 in a day, cap oxidon plus (1 in a day, ahaglow face wash, clinxa gel and aziderm for 3 weeks .in between this treatment I got some acne on my face in the next visit she changed the medicine and replace tab minoz 50 mg by cap isotane-10 mg and clinxa by salyzap day gel and ahaglow f.wash by saslic face wash and rest medicine remain same. By this change I got sever acne (filled with blood and pus) and I have sever pain in them when I report about this to doctor she added indocap and levoflox 500 mg twice in a day. But it is not working doctor said these acne are part of treatment and this treatment will take approx nine months so please doctor suggest me what to do. I am worried about the problem.
My son is having a hard structure on left hand finger and right palm on upper side. First he applied one homeo medicine but there was no change and then went for allopathy. When we applied medicines the palm burned and dark brown in colour and beneath that we can see the swelling. He is also having continuous dandruff, a white powdery like particle, when he comb it seems endless. Some places it is little masses. What is the best medicine for this
I am 20 years old .I have spot on left face due to colliding with cemented wall so please suggest me sir.
I have uneven skin tone. White colour on my cheeks, black colour on chin and again combination of two on fore head how to get rid of them?
Lybrate | Dr. Jibesh speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY