Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abbhay
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AbbhayYour feedback matters!
Brain mapping is a technique where the biological quantities of a human brain are represented as spatial quantities resulting in maps. As with many other medical technologies, brain mapping is fast-evolving as well. Among several uses, brain mapping is chiefly used while performing surgery on the brain.
When surgery is to be performed on the brain such as surgery for epilepsy, the surgeon would want to comprehend how the brain areas are affected by seizures. The surgical intervention is meant for removing as much as seizure focus as possible while preserving crucial functions like understanding, speech, vision, movement, and sensation.
Why is brain mapping performed?
Brain mapping is a process which helps in identification of functions of various parts of the brain. Mapping the brain by stimulating different areas of the brain areas can aid in creating a map for a particular person. The map allows the doctor in understanding what parts of the brain are responsible for performing critical functions including sensation, movement, speech and other functions.
Which functions of the brain can be mapped electrically?
Typical areas of the brain which have motor, language, visual and sensory functions are needed to be mapped. When current is applied to a single area at a time, the doctor understands which part of the brain is responsible for which function.
When the patient is not able to speak due to the current, then the area is likely to be crucial for language function. If the limbs, face or trunk of the patient stop moving as the current passes, the area that is tested is responsible for movement. On the other hand, if the individual experiences tingling, numbing, and other sensations when the current is applied, it means that a sensory region is discovered.
How is electrical brain mapping performed?
Electrical brain mapping for guiding brain surgery for epilepsy can be performed in two distinct processes: directly during the surgery or in a two-stage procedure.
In the first stage of the process, the surgeon creates an opening in the skull which helps in exposing the surface of the brain. Small electrical contacts or electrodes are placed on the brain surface even though no brain tissue is removed. As soon as the electrodes are in the right position, the scalp is closed. The electrodes not only record the seizure of the patient electrically but also allow mapping of various areas of the brain. The last stage is surgery where abnormal brain tissues are removed.
Brain mapping process during surgery:
Electrical brain mapping may also be performed during the surgery which exposes part of the brain. This is termed as intraoperative brain mapping since it occurs while performing the main operation. The process of mapping may last for an hour to several hours at a stretch.
Brain mapping is also used to diagnose neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. In these cases, the brain map shows extreme shrinkage of the brain due to tissue loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
I am going through periods. I am suffering from mild Fever also. Can I take pain killer or paracetamol in any case.
Am 28 yrs. Recently got married. I had abortion and had d&c. But after abortion after one month I had d&c.had light bleeding over month and doc said still tissue is there. I had d&c and conceived again. But I got polyp before getting pregnant. Now am 5th month pregnant. Did I need to worry about polyp. When it will be removed?
Hi. Today I got my periods. This time my average length is 37 days. How I find my fertility day. Really it's difficult to find with the symptoms. And from when I start my intercourse and when to stop it before periods. And at last which time is better to have a sex night time or early. Or we can do in both time?
I am 32 &trying to conceive from past one & half years with medics ovign DSR &Fol5 clomiphene my recent TVS reports were also very good but still I am surprisingly 20 days late of my period, never before I had my cycles always regular. I did pregnancy test twice but negative. I feel fatigue, dizziness, headache &sometimes white discharge&frequent urination .Pls help me ,could I be pregnant inspite of negative test. Now my last option is blood test .Is it possible that pregnancy isi sometimes detected late which could be also be my case. Thanks Jyoti Rajesh Sah.
I had sex with my bf than I took a unwanted 72. After that my periods came 1 day late and stayed for 2 days. It was brown in color and it was not usual. I took pregnancy test 2 times after that and both the times it came negative. Can I be pregnant after that? I am having a little high body temperature right now can it be the reason behind me taking pill?
I am 25 I got aborted in month of may I got ma period in June but little then July I got twice again lit how come? why don't I get back to my normal period ?
I take unwanted 72 pills after 70 hours of unprotected sex is there chance of pregnancy if yes than I will do suggest me some medicine.
The chemical waste product that is born from muscle metabolism and comes out through the kidneys is known as Creatinine. When there is too much Creatinine present in the body, then it means that the kidneys are not functioning properly and need to be checked by a doctor. As an ancient life science, Ayurveda offers a variety of measures to treat and cure these excessively high levels of Creatinine in the body.
Here are the ways in which this can fixed with Ayurveda:
- Chamomile Tea: Chamomile is known to have a number of anti oxidants, which can easily flush toxins out of your body instantly if taken on a regular basis. This tea can be had by adding a two or three teaspoons of chamomile to hot water. This can be allowed to stand for a period of at least three to four minutes before you uncover, strain and drink it. One can have at least a few cups of this tea everyday in order to flush out the excess Creatinine from the system.
- Stinging nettle: About two or three teaspoons of dried nettle leaves can be added to a cup of hot water, which can be allowed to stand for at least ten minutes. This can be strained and ingested at least twice a day.
- Cinnamon: This condiment is rich in a number of minerals and vitamins and can help in improving the output of the kidneys even as it seeks to promote better renal filtration ability. This condiment also helps in regulating the blood sugar levels of the body and promotes wholesome good health. It can be added to food as seasoning and even to a cup of green tea which can be taken a few times in the day.
- Siberian Ginseng: Better renal circulation is one of the benefits of this condiment, which also helps in kidney revitalisation.
- Dandelion Root: This herb can be taken in tea form to act as a natural diuretic that can remove the toxins and lower the Creatinine levels in the body. Let it steep for at least ten minutes before you strain it and ingest it.
- Mutrakrichantak Churna: This herbal concoction is a well known one that helps in better kidney function by bringing down inflammation and other painful conditions that can be found in the kidneys. One can also remove kidney stones and urinary tract infections with the help of this herb, which is usually prescribed for patients undergoing dialysis as well. It is known to bring down the Creatinine and urea levels instantly.
Ayurveda is one of the best options to bring down these Creatinine levels in a natural manner.