Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for OM Physiotherapy ClinicYour feedback matters!
I am having problems regarding the usage of mouse or track pad while using pc and how to overcome them?
I am an athlete and the bottom part of my ring finger pains when I do pull-ups with my fingers. This has been the case for a few months now. Is is just muscle strain or a pulley?
Since 2-3 weeks I have started experiencing pain in my shoulder when I stand still for about 30- 45 mins. The pain is like as if I am holding my heavy backpack on my shoulders for some time. I don't know why it is so. I did not encounter any accident recently that may have caused this. Is it related to my diet? Or is it just normal? Please help.
Hello doctor. I am hvng pain in left arm and shoulder. So I got done ecg. Doctor said it is not completely normal. Although problem in ecg is not so prominent. Wat should I do?
Hello! i have a problem on my right hand for last two years when I sleep the blood circulation goes towards the palm now it has started paining also and a kind of jhanjhanahat occurs now its becoming chronic suggest any cure nd what is the reason.
Pain in my legs also called shin splints. When I started running after 8-10 days I'm starting to feel pain after 3-4 days got fully recovered but pain still comes back after 10 days .is there any medicine or a exercise and I also got to know about a shin splints tap which helps m in running .what should I do.
My mother having trembling in her lower limb at night and pain also so what her do for that and why it is occur please Give cause behind this she is farmer age 50 yrs, wt. 40 kg no any injury on lower limb not taking any medicines she was also some time very severe headache 2 - 3 times in month at night please give me a answer.
Hi! I am a 32 years old female. I have a pain in the right shoulder since a week. I have used pain relief ointment for couple of day but could’t get any improvement. There is no swelling. When I move my hand get sound like cuttt cuttt. please help. Thanks.
My name is ENV KUMARI. Age is 58 years for the past two months I have pain at my right leg joint and back bone middle problem. As per doctor advise I have gone through MRI test. It is advised by doctor that I have disc problem with sciatica NERVE. The tablets suggested not able to take because of lot of disturbance in stomach. I have stopped all drugs nd using DOLO 650 as per doctor advise. I came to know there is no go treatment in allopathy hence looking for solution for pain relief.
My mother is 65 year old and she is having constant pain in her hands. Her uric acid test is normal. Please suggest some medicine.
I am suffering from wrist pain from about 3 years I am feeling nothing comfortable after having many of medicines. Please advise
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Imbalance in the level of calcium: Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmul for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone: The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+) which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar. They are:
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time but, unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases.
Doctor I am suffering left side solder pain past 1 month, I feel it's muscle pain when do Anything with left hand its pain very badly. Please suggest.
Sir mai chalte-chalte gir gyi thi ek mahina ho gya but thik nhi hua hai. Ankle me bahut pain hai, chal nhi pati hu, bahut dard hota hai. X-ray me koi fracture nhi hua hai. Please advise
I have severe Shoulder pain since many years. I have taken lot of physiotherapy session but no help. Please advise.
The ankle, despite being one of the smaller joints, plays a crucial role as it bears the brunt of a person’s weight. Due to improper gait or injuries, the ankle often gets sprained. This can be a recurring problem in older people. Therefore, over a period of time, the ankle gets unstable and can cause chronic symptoms including pain, imbalance resulting in recurrent falls. Read on to know more about some causes, symptoms, and management techniques for ankle instability.
Causes: The ankle has ligaments which stretch to allow for ankle movement. When this ligament stretches beyond the limit, then it can tear or stretch. Therefore, sportspersons like basketball and football players, gymnasts who tend to use their ankle a lot are at a much higher risk of developing ankle instability over a period of time.
Symptoms: The most common symptom of ankle instability is when a person is unable to stand firm. This pain is worse in people wearing heels or walking on uneven ground. Patients may experience swelling, stiffness, and excruciating pain.
Management: Ankle instability is an acute problem but the recovery time is limited too, so the symptoms disappear over a period of time. However, in some people, especially sportspersons, it may lead to a chronic condition which needs immediate attention. Few remedies for getting relief from ankle pain are mentioned below:
- Ice: For pain relief, icing the ankle is an excellent option. Applying a cold pack for about 10 to 15 minutes about 2 to 4 times per day is an effective way to relieve the pain, stiffness, and swelling.
- Rest: Ligament injuries often heal on their own, and sportspersons may be advised to stay off of the game for about a week or two, to give it time for self-repair.
- Compresses: Using an elastic wrap or compression ice wrap for a few hours can help in relieving ankle instability.
- Pain killers: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen can help in reducing both the inflammation and pain from the ankle injury.
- Exercise: Increasing the strength and flexibility of the ankle via exercise is a great way to reduce chances of further sprain. Rotating the ankles, standing on one leg, etc., are some effective ways to do this.
- Surgery: If none of the above-mentioned remedies work, a surgery may be required which is only in severe and/or chronic cases.
Ankle instability is quite common but is equally easy to manage.