Doctor in Global Health Care Orthopedics and Gynecology Hospital
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of No Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Birth Control Treatment
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Pregnancy Symptoms
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Cervicitis
Submit a review for Global Health Care Orthopedics and Gynecology HospitalYour feedback matters!
Are you suffering from a urinary tract infection and are looking for effective ways to deal with the condition? Urinary tract infection implies infection either in the urinary bladder or kidneys - While bladder infections are common in women, kidney infections are uncommon. Men by and large don't suffer UTI. So if a male has UTI, evaluation of an underlying cause like stone, benign prostatic hypertrophy etc. should be done.
Most urinary tract infections are simple to treat, with some antibiotics for 3 days. In cases of Diabetes, Renal failure, patients with prior surgery, further evaluation and longer therapy are needed. In most cases of recurring UTI, there is an underlying cause.
Hence a urological evaluation should be done for recurring UTI.
You probably think many more things can go wrong during a surgery as compared to after a surgery. However, you are wrong. The chances of infection after a surgery are very high and it used to be the highest cause of unsuccessful surgery in the past before it was known just how deadly an infection is. A doctor, however, cannot monitor everything afterwards. Therefore, it is crucial you know and take care after the surgery.
Here are some ways in which you can do so:
1. Keep it dry
It is crucial that you keep the incision dry for whatever period of time the doctor tells you to keep it dry as otherwise the chances of infection increase dramatically. Some of the things you should do to keep it dry is to not take a bath, scrub the incisions or put lotions on it. In fact, you should also not expose it to sunlight.
2. Keep the incisions
You must trust your doctor as the doctor is trained and usually knows better than you. Therefore, if the doctor tells you to keep the incisions then keep them. Do not scrub, rub or put powder on them either.
3. Check for signs of infection
This may be the easiest thing to do as there are many symptoms of an infection. These include a change in the color, size, or odor of the incision, fever, redness, hardening or heating of the surrounding area or in extreme cases more bleeding and pain than usual.
4. Changing a dressing
This is a major cause of infections among surgery patients and the only way to prevent it is to follow the doctor's instructions to a tee. Once again, trust your doctor and remember to wash your hands and put on medical gloves. Do not put alcohol, iodine or hydrogen peroxide either.
Thyroid Gland Removal - Understanding The Procedure & Aftercare!
The thyroid may be a small gland, but plays a large role in the functioning of the body. It is located just below the voice box. Along with producing hormones, it also helps regulate metabolism, keeps the organs functioning optimally and helps the body conserve heat. In some cases, when the gland produces excessive hormones or when it develops structural problems and thyroid cancer, it may become necessary to remove the thyroid gland. There are several ways of removing the thyroid gland.
- Hemithyroidectomy: Hemithyroidectomy is performed when only half the thyroid gland is affected. In such a case, the doctor will remove only one lobe and isthmus of the thyroid gland.
- Subtotal Thyroidectomy: In such cases, the doctor will remove the thyroid gland but leave behind a small amount of thyroid tissue. This tissue can preserve some thyroid function but hormone supplements are often required to supplement the production of hormones.
- Total Thyroidectomy: In cases of thyroid cancer or when swelling and inflammation affects the entire thyroid gland, it may become necessary to remove the whole gland along with all thyroid tissues.
- Endoscopic thyroidectomy (Scarless thyroidectomy): In case of a benign thyroid nodule, when the size of the is less than 4 cm surgery can be done through endoscope. In this procrdure there is no scar in neck, that is why it is called scarless thyroidectomy. Surgery is done through a 2-3 small incisions in axilla and around the nipple ie no scar on visible site. This is very safe and excellent surgery from cosmetic point of view, in experienced hands.
You will need to be admitted into a hospital for a thyroid removal surgery. Once admitted, meet the surgeon and anesthesiologist to answer any questions you may have about the procedure. It is important not to eat or drink anything after midnight on the night before your surgery. The surgery is performed under anesthesia so you will not feel a thing.
Once you are asleep, the surgeon will make an incision in your throat and remove a section or all of the thyroid gland. This procedure can take between 2 to 3 hours. After the surgery, you will be kept in observation for 24-48 hours.
The surgery can result in a slightly raised scar that can take upto 6 weeks to heal. You can resume normal daily activities a day after the surgery. However, it is advised to wait for a week before undertaking any strenuous activities. Your throat may feel sore for a few days following the surgery. This can be treated with over the counter pain medication. You may also develop hypothyroidism.
The most major risk of a thyroid removal surgery is an allergic reaction to anesthesia. Other risks of this surgery are damage to the nerves connected to the vocal cords and damage to the glands controlling calcium levels in the body. But these risks can also be avoided by trained thyroid surgeons or endocrine surgeons.
Endoscopic thyrpidectomy is ve ry much useful young lady and girls who do'nt any scar in her neck.
Homeopathy is a widely accepted alternative system of medicine which was discovered in the late 18th century. Homeopathy believes in the philosophy that the mind, emotions and the body are integrated together. On the basis of this philosophy, a homeopath provides remedies which can suit best to the physical and psychological conditions of a patient. Homeopathic remedies are certainly not very high dose. Its main purpose is to recognise and discard the cause behind the condition.
1. Homeopathic remedies work slowly: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies cure your medical condition very slowly. Fact is that it works very fast on diseases like cold, fever, etc. When the symptoms are chronic then only working process is slow. This is because at chronic condition the body takes little time to cure from insides. It is advisable to start the homeopathic remedies as soon as any symptom is seen.
2. Remedies are prescribed by doctors with no formal training: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies are prescribed simply on the basis of the visible symptoms and no diagnosis is done. Fact is that these remedies are prescribed by qualified medical professionals graduated from homeopathy medical colleges. They diagnose your medical condition before prescribing you any remedy.
3. Homeopathic remedies are not scientific: Many people consider homeopathic remedies to be unscientific. However, the bases behind homeopathy are pharmacological and clinical data. Vast studies and researches have been conducted on homeopathic remedies and treatment.
4. Strict dietary restriction is to be followed at the time of homeopathic treatment: Many people believe that they have to control their eating habits while undergoing homeopathic treatment. Fact is that for some patients, ingredients like garlic, onion, alcohol, coffee, tobacco etc. are to be avoided during the tenure of treatment. This is simply because these ingredients interfere with the homeopathic treatment.
5. Homeopathy can cure any disorder: Some people have a strong believe that homeopathic remedies can cure any disorder or any medical condition. Fact is that this remedy is completely ineffective in case of dental issues or any condition where surgery is the only remedy.
Homeopathy is a system of alternative medicine that has a solution for almost all your health issues. The best part of this mode of treatment is that it doesn’t cause any side-effects. At a time when people are suffering from many recurrent diseases, the need for an expert homeopath becomes mandatory.