Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Arthrogryposis
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Child Learning CentreYour feedback matters!
Hi! I am a 32 years old female. I have a pain in the right shoulder since a week. I have used pain relief ointment for couple of day but could’t get any improvement. There is no swelling. When I move my hand get sound like cuttt cuttt. please help. Thanks.
My name is ENV KUMARI. Age is 58 years for the past two months I have pain at my right leg joint and back bone middle problem. As per doctor advise I have gone through MRI test. It is advised by doctor that I have disc problem with sciatica NERVE. The tablets suggested not able to take because of lot of disturbance in stomach. I have stopped all drugs nd using DOLO 650 as per doctor advise. I came to know there is no go treatment in allopathy hence looking for solution for pain relief.
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Imbalance in the level of calcium: Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmul for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone: The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+) which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar. They are:
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time but, unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases.
Doctor I am suffering left side solder pain past 1 month, I feel it's muscle pain when do Anything with left hand its pain very badly. Please suggest.
Sir mai chalte-chalte gir gyi thi ek mahina ho gya but thik nhi hua hai. Ankle me bahut pain hai, chal nhi pati hu, bahut dard hota hai. X-ray me koi fracture nhi hua hai. Please advise
I have severe Shoulder pain since many years. I have taken lot of physiotherapy session but no help. Please advise.
The ankle, despite being one of the smaller joints, plays a crucial role as it bears the brunt of a person’s weight. Due to improper gait or injuries, the ankle often gets sprained. This can be a recurring problem in older people. Therefore, over a period of time, the ankle gets unstable and can cause chronic symptoms including pain, imbalance resulting in recurrent falls. Read on to know more about some causes, symptoms, and management techniques for ankle instability.
Causes: The ankle has ligaments which stretch to allow for ankle movement. When this ligament stretches beyond the limit, then it can tear or stretch. Therefore, sportspersons like basketball and football players, gymnasts who tend to use their ankle a lot are at a much higher risk of developing ankle instability over a period of time.
Symptoms: The most common symptom of ankle instability is when a person is unable to stand firm. This pain is worse in people wearing heels or walking on uneven ground. Patients may experience swelling, stiffness, and excruciating pain.
Management: Ankle instability is an acute problem but the recovery time is limited too, so the symptoms disappear over a period of time. However, in some people, especially sportspersons, it may lead to a chronic condition which needs immediate attention. Few remedies for getting relief from ankle pain are mentioned below:
- Ice: For pain relief, icing the ankle is an excellent option. Applying a cold pack for about 10 to 15 minutes about 2 to 4 times per day is an effective way to relieve the pain, stiffness, and swelling.
- Rest: Ligament injuries often heal on their own, and sportspersons may be advised to stay off of the game for about a week or two, to give it time for self-repair.
- Compresses: Using an elastic wrap or compression ice wrap for a few hours can help in relieving ankle instability.
- Pain killers: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen can help in reducing both the inflammation and pain from the ankle injury.
- Exercise: Increasing the strength and flexibility of the ankle via exercise is a great way to reduce chances of further sprain. Rotating the ankles, standing on one leg, etc., are some effective ways to do this.
- Surgery: If none of the above-mentioned remedies work, a surgery may be required which is only in severe and/or chronic cases.
Ankle instability is quite common but is equally easy to manage.
Right leg do not get full strength n right hand finger vibrate and thigh back pain. Kindly do needful.
I have got lateral malleolus fracture on my right leg. POP is applied to leg. I am eating peanuts chutney.in breakfast from past 20 days. Will it effect in healing. Or will it septic. Is there any problem in eating it. Help me.
I have problem that my left hand palm near thumb is paining and blink internally what I can do and I have constipation problem.
I am suffering from back pain last more than 2 months, now a days also felling knee veins are tight at morning time taking treatment from homeopath medicine ,last month kindly suggest me what are the suggestion from your side.
Lateral epicondylitis, which is the medical name for tennis elbow, is a condition wherein the tendon in the upper arm develops a tear due to repeated motions. This is a very painful condition and can make your daily life difficult. It usually tends to affect your dominant arm i.e. the arm that you use the most.
Who does it affect and why does it happen?
As mentioned earlier, tennis elbow occurs due to repetitive similar movements of the elbows, forearms and wrists over a prolonged period. The common name for this condition came due to repeated occurrences with tennis players although it can happen to players of other sports as well as people in other profession too. Some of the people who are most susceptible to this could be from the following fields:
- Sporting activities such as squash, tennis, fencing, cricket and many other sports where repeated arms movements are required.
- Musicians playing certain instruments
- Knitting work
- Chefs and waiters
- Road and construction workers
- A slow exacerbation of pain over a period and gradual worsening can be a major symptom.
- In certain cases, the pain may manifest suddenly which will make any movement very difficult.
- Moving your arm may become very difficult, especially during any up or down movement of the arm.
- In some cases, the pain may be experienced only when shaking objects or actions wherein squeezing or hard gripping is required.
- Performing daily activities such as a tooth brush, trying to open jars or even trying to use a knife or fork can get extremely difficult.
How it can be treated?
Most treatment methods include keeping the elbow in a resting position and giving it time to heal automatically. However, some medication may also be given to relieve pain and quicken healing. Some of these are mentioned below.
- Elbow straps: These fix the elbow in a comfortable position and don’t allow it to move helping it heal on its own.
- Ice treatment : This is the most common home treatment prescribed to relieve pain. You can use homemade icepacks or even buy gel pack, which can then be held against the area to relieve pain.
- Painkillers: Ibuprofen and aspirin can be used to lessen the pain, although it is advisable to consult your doctors first.
- Various physical therapies: Physiotherapy, acupuncture or specific doctor recommended exercises could be done to not only relieve pain but also quicken healing and to strengthen the tendons and the muscles of that area.
It is considered as the medical speciality, which caters to injuries and various diseases in the musculoskeletal system of the human body. This constitutes the joints, bones, tendons, nerves and muscles that enables a human being to move, be active and work. Orthopaedic surgeons perform special problems like diagnosis of the injury or disorder, treatment with right medication, rehabilitation that is by prescribing exercises and physical therapy in order to restore back movement, function and strength and finally prevention by providing information and plans of treatment to prevent the injury or reduce the progression of the disease.
Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP)
PRP is the next generation injection method which is used commonly for conditions like knee, hip, shoulder and spine osteoarthritis, cuff tears, ACL injuries, pelvic instability, tennis elbow, back and neck injuries, ankle sprains, ligament sprains and tendinitis. It includes higher blood rate platelet concentrations and the patient experiences fewer chances of inflammatory side effects due to its pure PRP mixture.
How does it heal the body?
- The human body at first responds to the soft tissues injury which is to have the platelet cells.
- They are packed with healing factors that initiate repair and also attract critical assistance of the stem cells.
- The process intensifies the human body’s efforts which directly delivers a higher platelet concentration into the area of need.
- To create the PRP, a small section of the patient’s blood is drawn and it is placed into centrifuge which spins blood at a higher speed and separates the platelets from the components.
- It is injected into and at around the mark of injury and it significantly strengthens the process of healing.
- Just because the patient’s own blood is used in the process there is no risk of transmissible infection and also has less chance of allergic reaction.
- The procedure takes a couple of hours inclusive of the recovery and preparation time. It offers instant recovery as well avoids a long stay in the hospitals and application of anesthesia.
Outcome of PRP?
As the goal of PRP therapy is just to resolve pain by healing, it can prove to have long-lasting results. Initially, improvements are seen within few weeks eventually increases with the healing progress. The research studies have shown that PRP therapy is safe and effective and enables the patient to get back to their normal daily routine.
The PRP is very rich in platelets and it is a very old therapy that is adopted. It is a simple process and has multiple injections lasting 60-90 minutes and above all, it has natural end results, for example, PRP therapy is applied in hair restoration that provides natural appearing end results. It is a reliable process and therapy.