The heart may sometimes face excessive fluttering or a throbbing sensation, which may make you feel uncomfortable. Such sudden throbbing sensations resulting in discomfort are called 'palpitations'. Homeopathy has some great remedies depending on the cause of these problems.
Let’s have a look at these:
- Palpitations caused by anxiety: This is one of the top causes for palpitations which occur before sitting for an exam, interview or before important events of your life. However, they may tend to stay longer and it is advisable that you control them with the use of Aconite or Arsenic Album.
- Palpitations caused by Physical exertion: If you have a weakened heart or if you smoke and thus tend to feel a lot of exertion even with the slightest of physical efforts, then Spigelia, Iberis and Digitalis are good medications. Digitalis is especially good for palpitations caused by the slightest of movements, while spigelia is very good with palpitations that cause arm pain as well.
- Anemia: Anemia or the lack of red blood cells can be very dangerous for your health as it can damage your vital organs. It can also cause palpitations along with other symptoms such as paleness, lack of strength and drowsiness. Natrum Mur and Ferrum Met are two of the most effective remedies in such cases.
- Use of tobacco products: Another reason for palpitations developing is the use of tobacco products, such as cigarettes or chewing tobacco. In such cases, palpitations may occur even with the slightest of exertions or at rest. Medications effective in such situations are Kalmia, Tabacum and Convallaria. These variations may be required depending on the types of symptoms you may show such as a quick heart rate or a slow heart rate.
- A palpitation caused by hyperthyroidism: Excessive secretion of thyroid is called hyperthyroidism and can cause a host of problems within the body including palpitation. Iodum and Spongia are two excellent medications in treating variations of palpitations caused by an over active thyroid gland.
- Palpitations caused by acidity or gastric problems: This is possibly the most common cause for palpitations and Lycopodium as well as Abies Can are two very effective homeopathic medications, which can easily remedy the situation, depending on the type of problems you are having.
Lung diseases are some of the most common diseases suffered by human beings throughout the world. Smoking and infections are responsible for most lung diseases. The lungs perform one of the most important functions of the body. It is also one of the most active organs in the human body and hence lung problems can arise due to problems in any other part of the body.
Some of the most common and infectious lung diseases are discussed below...
- Asthma: Asthma is a common long term disease which is characterized by reversible airflow obstruction and bronchospasm. The symptoms of asthma include coughing, shortness of breath and tightness of chest. These symptoms may occur frequently during a day and depending on the person, it may become worse during night or during a certain exercise.
- Pneumonia: Pneumonia is another common lung problem which is suffered due to inflammation in the microscopic air sacs in the lungs known as alveoli. Symptoms of pneumonia include dry cough, chest pain, breathing problem and fever. Pneumonia is caused most commonly by viruses or bacteria. It is also caused by certain medications and conditions which are popularly known as autoimmune diseases. There are a number of vaccines available to prevent certain types of pneumonia. Other methods include hand washing and refraining from smoking.
- Tuberculosis: Tuberculosis is a very infectious disease which is caused by the bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Although tuberculosis generally affects the lungs, but it has been known to affect other parts of the body as well. Symptoms of tuberculosis include cough containing sputum with blood, night sweats, fever and weight loss. Air is an active medium for spreading tuberculosis. This happens when people who already have tuberculosis sneeze, cough or speak. Infection occurs more in those who have HIV/AIDS or those who smoke. Prevention of tuberculosis includes staying away and keeping those who are at high risk, early detection and treatment and vaccination.
- Mesothelioma: Mesothelioma is a type of cancer which affects the lungs. It affects the lining of the lungs and chest wall. Symptoms of mesothelioma include shortness of breath, swollen abdomen, cough, chest pain, weight loss and general lethargy. Mesothelioma is caused mainly due to exposure to asbestos. Those people who mine asbestos, produce products from asbestos, work with asbestos products are at high risk. Mesothelioma also results from genetical problems and due to infection caused by the simian virus 40.
- Pulmonary Embolism: This is a disease caused due to blockage of an artery in the lungs by a substance which has travelled from another part of the body by the bloodstream. Symptoms of this disease include chest pain, breath shortness and coughing up of blood. There may also be signs of blood clot in the legs.
The immune system of the body essentially plays two important roles. Firstly, it protects the body from bacteria, viruses and other foreign organisms, thus preventing the onset of infections and diseases. Secondly, it ensures that body cells are functioning properly and are not degenerating. Thus, the immune system of the body is quite effective and is responsible for your overall health.
There are times when the immune system becomes weak and is thus unable to fight foreign organisms invading the body. A direct indication that your immune system is weak is when you catch the seasonal cold or flu. In such a case, you have to take certain steps to give a boost to your immune system, such as-
Live healthy- Living healthy does not only include eating a balanced diet and exercising regularly. Make sure that you get enough sleep on a daily basis and avoid smoking along with consumption of alcohol. It is also essential that you maintain your weight and keep a tab on your blood pressure.
Maintain good hygiene- Hygienic habits such as washing hands before every meal and after using the toilet go a long way when it comes to boosting the immune system.
Reduce sugar intake- As per research, it becomes more difficult for white blood cells to fight bacteria when the sugar level of the body is very high, which is why the immune system gets surpassed, and you are more susceptible to infections.
Consume healthy fats- Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids play an important role in boosting the immune system. These healthy fats help the immune system to make prostaglandins, which effectively destroy germs and viruses that have invaded the body.
Avoid the consumption of toxic food- As far as possible, make sure that you are consuming organic food. This is because food grown on a commercial scale is full of toxic chemicals from the pesticides, insecticides, preservatives and artificial colours added to it. The toxic chemicals have a grave impact on the immune system of the body, which can lead to severe complications in the long run.
Although, you want your immune system to be strong and effective, make sure that it is not highly overactive. A highly overactive immune system can also lead to many health complications, such as the onset of autoimmune conditions. All in all, make sure that you are leading a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
Our performance in bed is often affected by a number of reasons and ailments, which are both of physical and psycological in nature contribute to it. Premature ejaculation is a problem that men face due to a variety of reasons. Some may be biological issues like abnormal size and level of hormones as well as faulty neurotransmission, which can give rise to reflexes that cause this condition. Also, the patient may experience premature ejaculation due to psychological factors like stress, anxiety and even relationship problems. The presence of chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease could also lead to the occurrence of this condition. Read on to know about the Ayurvedic ways of dealing with premature ejaculation.
Material and medicine informed is for general use and not to be taken by patients without doctor's advise.
Diagnosis: The first and foremost step in treating premature ejaculation is with the help of the Shukra diagnosis. The seventh and final dhatu of all the seven dhatus, which when nourished well (pusht), leads to sex power, enhanced quality of sperms and if conserved leads to OJA - the elixir of life.
Treatment Basics: The basic method of treatment follows a complex process of detoxification of the Dhatu or substances in the body and Panchkarma therapy that includes removal, liquification, purification, mobilization and evacuation of the Doshas that may have caused an imbalance in the body. Panchakarma can't be carried out in day to day treatment and preferably should be done by admitting in Ayurveda hospital. Panchakarma is for comprehensive treatment. Hence day to day medicines are given which carry miniaturised / mild detoxification effect.
Massages: The most important form of treatment for premature ejaculation under Ayurveda includes the use of massages. The first form of massage that helps in treatment of this condition includes Abhyangam or the application of oil in all areas of the body. This form of oil massage focuses on the individual parts of the body and seeks to open all the pores as organs for a state of better functionality. The next form of oil application or massage includes Swedem, which makes use of a medicated stream that can be allowed to drip onto a focused point on the patient's head or body as to create an impression there. The leaf bundle massage or Elakizhi can also be conducted along with an oil bath known as Pizichil which applies oil through a drip method on the head. This is also known as Shirdhara. Vasthi is also a form of oil massage that can ensure the flow of vata and other doshas, which has stopped. Mini form of massages are given in day to day treatment. Pure classic herbal taila application on penis is also a kind of massage.
Herbs: The use of herbs is an integral part of Ayurvedic treatment. The Ayurvedic herbal medicines that are to be used for dealing with premature ejaculation or for delaying the ejaculation, are known as Stambhaka herbs. One can use Jaiphala paste as well as Ashwagandha powder or churna. One can also take Atirasadi Churna which also improves the sperm count of the patient even as it improves blood circulation for fighting premature ejaculation.
Most of these medicines and methods do not have any side effects and should be taken as per the dose prescribed by the Ayurvedic doctor, at the recommended times of the day.
Fibers are the carbohydrates and are the indigestible part of the food.They are actually not digestible, but help a lot in digestion.They are derived from plants and offer a lot of health benefits. They make our body light and fit and is commonly known as roughage.
What are the advantages of having fiber in your diet?
Other health benefits of fiber includes reducing the incidence of heart disease, lowering cholesterol, blood pressure, glucose levels and inflammation and even weight loss. Fiber can help with weight loss because it creates a fullness within your intestine, which aids you in eating less.
Fiber is of two types:
Insoluble fiber: It does not dissolves in water. It is the bulky fiber that helps in preventing constipation and is found in whole grains, wheat cereals and vegetables such as carrots, celery and tomatoes.
Soluble fiber: They dissolves in water and help in controlling the blood sugar level and reduce cholesterol. Good sources include barley, oatmeal, beans, nuts, and fruits, such as apples, berries, citrus fruits, and pears.
What are the health benefits?
- Digestive health: Let’s get this one out of the way first. Dietary fiber normalizes bowel movements by bulking up stools and making them easier to pass.
- Heart disease: Fiber, particularly soluble fiber, is an important element of any heart-healthy diet. Eating a diet high in fiber can improve cholesterol levels by lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol.
- Diabetes: A diet high in fiber particularly insoluble fiber from cereals can lower your risk for type 2 diabetes. If you already have diabetes, eating soluble fiber can slow the absorption of sugar and improve your blood sugar levels.
- Cancer: There is some research that suggests eating a high-fiber diet can help prevent colorectal cancer, although the evidence is not yet conclusive.
- Skin health: When yeast and fungus are excreted through the skin, they can trigger outbreaks of acne.