Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Nashik. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swapnil Sakhala
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Tuberculosis
Treatment of Shortness of Breath
Treatment of Pneumonia
Treatment of Bronchitis
Treatment of COPD
Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Treatment of Persistent Cough
Treatment of Occupational Lung Disease
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Treatment of Breathing Problems
Treatment of Lung DIseases
Treatment of Interstitial Lung Disease
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Lung Fibrosis
Submit a review for Dr. Swapnil SakhalaYour feedback matters!
I SUFFER FROM COPD. USING FORACORT 400 INHALER 2 TIMES AND TIOVA ONCE AND LEVOLIN 3-4 TIMES. STILL HAVING GASPING. ANY OTHER MEDICINE TO BE INCLUDED TO GET RELIEF. UNABLE TO CLIMB STAIRS OR WALK CONTINUOUSLY FOR 5 MINUTES.
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision? OrI know I overeat at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite? My stomach aches, thought it becomes fine in a day, but still it pains regularly, what to do?
I have fast metabolism, is there any homeopathic medicine to cure stress, irregular heartbeat, heat intolerance, less energy, frequent bowel movements, headaches, high sweating.Please tell sir.
Air pollution is known to take a toll on the lungs of even the healthiest adults. So, it comes as no surprise that the effects of this pollution on the lungs of children is deemed as a grave situation, full of health hazards including the onset of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorders and conditions like asthma and other lung disorders. Read on to find out more about the link between air pollution and its effect on the lungs of children.
Children's Lungs: Mostly, all the organs of a child's body are considered delicate and not fully matured until the child reaches a certain age. The main and largest part of the child's lungs will usually grow only after the child is born, much like the arms and legs. In fact, it is a medically proven fact that about 80% of the tiniest of air sacs grow after the child's birth, these are called the alveoli and they facilitate the transfer of the oxygen into the bloodstream with a life-sustaining function that is built into our lungs. These alveoli continue to grow until the child becomes an adult.
Immunity and Infections: Like the lungs of the child, the immunity of the child is also still in its growth phase, and is very much, unlike the immunity that an adult enjoys. This makes the child more susceptible to infections that are usually carried by air pollution in today's day and age of urban living when myriad pollutants are sent into the air every single day. Also, since children play outdoors more often and spend more time breathing in this air, they are more prone to these infections and lung or respiratory ailments due to this reason. Various studies and tests have shown inflammation in the respiratory passages caused by deposits of carbon dioxide emissions in the lungs of children.
Symptoms: Usually, the very first symptoms that show that air pollution is affecting your child's lungs can be seen when persistent coughing and wheezing sets in, without any proper reason. Also, when the child faces bronchial infections time and time again, all these are indicators of hazardous effects of air pollution in children.
Respiratory problems: Apart from respiratory problems, which can lead to asthmatic attacks, hay fever and allergies as well as other COPD ailments, there are other related dangers as well. These can happen when constant choking and obstruction of oxygen due to pollution becomes a regular affair. These include stroke and brain damage which can eventually also lead to a higher risk of dementia.
How can you protect your child during such times?
- Restrict outdoor activity for the time being, especially during the early morning and evening
- Make sure that your child wears a face mask when outside, preferably N95 or 99
- Use air purifiers at home
- Go green and use indoor plants that can remove indoor toxins
- Boost your child's immunity
- Lastly, keep a track of air quality index in your locality
I am suffering from cold and can't breath properly so that I have a lot of tongue problem so what to stop my cold doctor.
I am 20 years old male I have got breathing problems at night due to which I can't sleep at night. Please help.
I feel shortness of breath from sometime. It is not regular. It is not so severe. I have gastric problem also with it. I feel I can not take deep breath mostly after meal or at night. I feel heaviness below chest.
Vitiligo is a medical condition, which causes the loss of skin color due to loss of pigmentation. This usually occurs in blotches and looks very unsightly. Vitiligo is very unpredictable and can affect any part of your body. In some cases it also affects the inside of the mouth, eyes, and hair. Vitiligo is more noticeable on people with darker skin tone.
Symptoms of Vitiligo:
- Premature graying or whitening of the hair in your eyebrows, eyelashes, scalp, and beard. This usually occurs before the age of 35.
- Skin discoloration can also occur from other parts of the body such as hands, feet, abdomen, neck and other areas.
- Change or loss of the color of the retina (inner layer on the eyeball).
- Discolored patches on and around the navel, rectum and genitals.
What causes vitiligo?
A medical disorder where your immune system destroys and attacks the melanin forming pigments in your skin. This is known as an autoimmune disorder and by far is the most common cause behind vitiligo. An event such as sudden or prolonged stress, sunburn, or being exposed to industrial chemicals. A history of family members or relatives having vitiligo in the past.
Ayurvedic Treatments for Vitiligo:
- Duckweed: This is a type of water plant and is very rich in a mineral called lignin. It is considered a natural treatment for skin disorders and vitiligo. It will also help to restore your natural skin color.
- Sun screen: If you already have vitiligo, exposure in the sun can make it worse, so applying a sunscreen with SPF 30 or above (or an appropriate level of sunscreen protection) can protect your skin from further damage.
- Papaya: This fruit is great for restoring and reviving melanin (responsible for skin pigmentation). Drinking papaya juice or rubbing papaya on the affected area can reduce vitiligo to some extent.
- Clothing: Avoid tight clothing or clothing with elastic that restricts circulation as it might lead to a vitiligo patch. In addition, protect the skin from the sun and artificial sources of UV light with protective clothing or a broad-spectrum sunscreen. Watch skin reactions to plastic, rubber and even leather as these can cause vitiligo in some people.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Vitiligo emphasizes on treating the root cause. The root cause of Vitiligo is gradually treated with herbal formulations to restore pigmentation over the white patch area and to establish the lost immunity by correcting the body metabolism. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!