Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Nashik and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Shamkant ChaudhariYour feedback matters!
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or Disease (PCOS) is a very common condition, wherein there are multiple cysts in the ovaries. As a result, there are many changes which the body undergoes and it is not limited to the gynecologic system. A woman with PCOS may also find it difficult to conceive, and so, once she is pregnant, precautions are essential to ensure there are no complications.
- Preeclampsia: When the blood pressure readings are high during pregnancy, it is known as preeclampsia. It brings with it a whole lot of complications including the need to cesarean section, premature birth, etc. So, it is best avoided, and diet can help to some extent.
- Diabetes: Gestational diabetes which manifests as higher sugar levels only during the pregnancy is very common in women with PCOS. The increased hormone levels in PCOS increase insulin resistance, thereby increasing sugar levels. This needs to be managed through a combination of diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes.
- Preterm labor: Women with PCOS are at a slightly higher risk of premature labor.
- Weight-related issues: PCOS leads to weight gain, and this could be a problem during pregnancy. It is essential to discuss with the doctor as to what would be a good weight range and stay within that range throughout pregnancy. Weight gain brings with it a host of complications and so best avoided.
With PCOS, during pregnancy, strict cautious diet planning can help in avoiding complications and allow for an easier pregnancy. Though they may not solve every problem associated with PCOS, dietary modifications can have a significant effect on the overall health and well-being. Listed below are some easy-to-make changes:
- Increase consumption of fibres like greens, nuts, pumpkin, berries, whole grains, almonds, etc. are included. This ensures that digestion is a prolonged and gradual spike in blood sugar levels.
- Increase protein-rich foods like soya, tofu, eggs, and chicken, which help in avoiding binging. They are light on the stomach and help in weight management.
- Foods which are generally anti-inflammatory including tomatoes, olive oil, spinach, fresh fruits, and omega-3 fatty acids help in controlling blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Supplements to include omega-3 fatty acids, prenatal vitamins, vitamin D, and calcium if required ensure that the baby gets the required nutrients for optimal growth.
What to avoid:
Anything that can spike up calories and is of low nutritional value should be avoided.
- Avoid whites – pasta, rice, and bread
- Baked and processed foods
- Candies, chocolates, snacks
- Salty and spicy fried snacks
- Aerated drinks and soda
PCOS in pregnancy presents a combination risk, and dietary changes and weight management are essential for a safe pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am having a backache from last 40 days. I had my child delivery past 2 years back and started having backache problem after day. But 40 days before, I had done yoga during my mensuration and having severe backache since then. Please suggest something.?
My wisdom tooth are grown up so its paining too much because of that I can't eat anything and my face become swelled, what can I do to remove that pain and which medicine will suit at this stage?
How to gain weight and I am not able to sleep at night. I gradually sleep morning and at night I can't able to sleep. you want the solution for this n the reason. Thanks in Advance.
Daily I'm eating whipped cream (it comes over milk after boiling) from my childhood, is it increases weight, is it have fat contains, And daily I'm going to dance class and also have busy life, in my Whole body in stomach there is little bit fat, otherwise I'm a fit guy, but I want to reduce that fat, so shall I stop to eat whipped cream.
Hi doctor we have been during sex after my 6th day of my period till d egg ruptured. Today it's my 5th day of d rupture of d egg. Am feeling quiet giddiness. Is it possible to become pregnant.
I am karan and and 20 year old and my height is not more than 5 feet so I went to you give some suggest to increase my height 2to4 inch and reply as soon possible.
I am 30 yrs old and I have been diagnosed with Osteonecrosis on the right knee, size of lesion is about 7-8 mm. I am suffering from the pain for the last 01 year but it has not healed on its own. It has been suggested by some doctors that i undergo ACI procedure and by others the BMAC procedure. It has been advised by CMC Vellore that alternatively i can also take the platelet rich plasma injection for healing. The best method of treatment may please be suggested. Considering all of their opinions, i have decided on the BMAC procedure at NH Whitefield, Bangalore or Apollo Chennai. The best for me may please be suggested.
Hello doctor, I'm suffering from asthma from last 1 year. My doctor suggest me to take asthalin 4 & omenacorli 10 mg tablet but the effects of medicine remains for only 24 hr so I have to take it on daily basis. Please help me getting out of this as I'm tired of having medicines.
I had polycystic ovary.In 2008 left ovary was removed. My periods are regular but lessen in days. They come for 2-3 days I got pain in ovary which is continuous and slow pain Worried because no babies.
Hi, I am very lean hence want to get strong muscles. What fruits, shakes, or diet can help me to attain weight rapidly. I also masturbate daily. Can it impact that progress of muscle gain also. Please help.
The shoulder is one of the most important joints in the body that uses a ball and socket to join the arm to the rest of the body. Any pain can make it difficult to carry out motion in a comfortable manner. The shoulder consists of the long arm bone called the humerus, the collarbone or the clavicle, as well as the shoulder blade called the scapula. A layer of cartilage provides essential padding to the bones in this area and its two main joints. There are a number of issues that can cause shoulder pain. Let us get to know the six most common ones.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: This is the most common cause of shoulder pain and it occurs when the four muscles or the tendons are injured. These muscles and tendons usually control the movement of the arm. This injury can involve strains and tears which may also be caused by constant lifting of heavy objects.
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis: This condition affects the tendons and muscles that help in moving the arm freely. This usually happens due to inflammation in the tendons. It is commonly experienced by patients who are actively involved in sports and other heavy physical pursuits in their line of work.
- Frozen Shoulder: This is a debilitating condition that restricts the free movement of the arm and is also known as adhesive capsulitis. When the shoulder tissues become too thick, it leads to the growth of scar tissue that hinders proper movement and causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a condition that comes as part of aging bones that also become hollow and brittle over the passage of time, which leads to joint and bone pains in various parts of the body. It is a degenerative disease that is caused due to prolonged wear and tear as well as other factors including family history and sports injury.
- Bursitis: This condition is known to affect the fluid filled sacs that lie in between the joints. These are known as bursae. When the bursae suffers from swelling, the effect usually shows up as pain in the joints.
- Tendon Sheath Inflammation: The fibrous tissue that connects the bones and the muscles is called a tendon. The presence of the tendon makes it possible to pursue activities like running, jumping, lifting, gripping and more. It is protected by a sheath known as synovium, which also lubricates the same. Any injury or tear to this sheath can cause shoulder pain.
Acute and persistent pain that does not abate and gets even worse should be treated with immediate medical intervention.
Related Tip: "What Does Neck and Shoulder Pain Indicate?"
MY problem is related to Routine of urination. I checked sugar test but its not there. Please help me. What my problem (winter time more than 20 times?
Throughout the lift you must attempt to retain the hollow in your low back
The lift should be applied by straightening the legs. Avoid using the back as a crane to lift the weight.
Correct lifting technique involves the following:
• Stand close to the load; have a firm footing and a wide stance.
• Accentuate the lordosis.• Bend your knees to go down to the load and keep your backstraight.
• Get a secure grip and hold the load as close to you as possiible.
• Lean back to stay in balance and lift the load by straightening the knees.
• Take a steady lift; do not jerk.
• When upright, shift your feet to tum and avoid twisting the low back.
Lifting objects with your back rounded has been found to raise the pressure in the discs to a much higher level than that existing when the weight is held with the body upright and the lordosis present. Just as back problems associated with bending seem to occur very frequently in the first four or five hours of the day, so it is with lifting; especially so if you are lifting repeatedly and frequently. If you use an in correct lifting technique while lifting heavier objects, you may cause damage and, of course, sudden severe pain.
In order to minimise the risks involved in lifting, you should always use the correct lifting technique
You should stand upright and bend backward five or six times immediately before and after lifting, especially when a Single heavy lift is involved. If there are many objects to be lifted, you should frequently interrupt the lifting and repeat the backward bending exercise. By standing upright and bending backward before lifting,you ensure that there is no distortion already present in the joints of the low back as you begin the lift. This is particularly important if you have been in a stooped position or have been sitting for a prolonged period immediately before you start lifting.
For example, many truck drivers after driving for prolonged periods are then called upon to remove heavy objects from the back of the truck. Removing heavy suitcases from the boot or trunk of the car immediately after a long ride is another example of this high-risk situation. By standing upright and bending backward a few times before and after lifting, you correct any distortion that may have developed in the joints as a result of lifting.If at present you are suffering a bout of low back pain, especially when this is caused by lifting, it is best to completely avoid lifting for a few weeks so that healing of damaged tissues may take place.Should this not be possible, then you must at all times use the correct lifting technique and avoid lifting objects that are awkward to handle and heavier than 30 pounds (15 kg).Once you have developed recurrent low back problems you should never again handle awkward or heavy objects by yourself,even though you may be completely pain free at the time of lifting.In addition, you should familiarise yourself with the correct lifting technique. After some practice at this, lifting correctly will become a habit.