Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravindra B KuteYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I am almost my normal self post the treatment and for that Dr Ravindra B Kute is the reason. Many people gave very positive feedback forhim. In the past i consulted so many doctors, but nobody was able to help me with my erectile dysfunction, but he has helped me immensely. The overall atmosphere in the dr Ravindra Kute's Clinic is very soothing. On the very first day he identified my problem. He ensures that she listens to his patients.
I was suffering from HIV Aids for which I chose to consult Dr Ravindra. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of hiv aids. He ensures that he listens to his patients. In the very first sitting,he clearly told us the problem and the what the treatment procedure will be in future. His treatment suited me the best and now I am fine.The overall atmosphere in the dr Ravindra Kute Clinic is very soothing.
Due to my masterbation addiction i was feeling very depressed and had no hope. I chose to consult Dr RavinDra. He is not from our city, he is still very famous, so we consulted him. He has broad knowledge in the field of Sexology. The treatmnet he gave was quite beneficial for me. I owe him a big thank. All the staff members were very helpful.
I am so much benefitted with his nightfall treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. Both Dr RavinDra and staff were very helpful. On the very first day he identified my problem. his Clinic has all the latest technology in place to handle severe cases. He is a very practical doctor.
Dr RavinDra has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. My case was extremely serious as I was suffering from low sperm count, but he really handled it very nicely. The overall atmosphere in the Shri Vishwadeep Clinic is very soothing. he is a very nice doctor.
A friend of mine referred to Dr RavinDra. I was in too much stress because of premature ejaculation, but even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief. The overall atmosphere in the Shri Clinic is very soothing. he healed me completley.
I was quite bothered about my small penis treatment. I consulted Dr RavinDra, he is a well known sexologist in Nashik. I owe him a big thank for the treatment he gave, benefitted me to great extent.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ravindra B Kute to be very helpful. Thank you so much doctor. After you answered me, my anxiety become end.
Dr. Ravindra B Kute provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable and practical. Nice, very useful app In dis generation.. By just tapping.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ravindra B Kute to be very helpful, caring, inspiring and well-reasoned. Thank you so much Dr.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ravindra B Kute to be very helpful. Can you please help me with that?
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ravindra B Kute to be very helpful. Kaise hogi woh batai ap
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ravindra B Kute to be well-reasoned. Nice review!
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ravindra B Kute to be very helpful. Thnks a lot
Dr. Ravindra B Kute provides answers that are very helpful. thanks
Dr. Ravindra B Kute provides answers that are very helpful. good
Dr. Ravindra B Kute provides answers that are very helpful. gud
STDs or sexually transmitted diseases are infections whose transmission to a healthy person from an infected person happens through sexual contact. However, with modern medicine and diagnostic techniques, there are ways to prevent, detect and cure them effectively and quickly.
Not all diseases are curable though and it is best to follow preventive measures. Also, for sexually active adults it is an absolute necessity to get tested regularly for their health as well as the well-being of their partners.
Why do people tend to avoid getting tested for STIs or sexually transmitted infections?
One of the major factors that avert people from regular tests is the social stigma attached with sexually transmitted diseases. It is absolutely imperative for sexually active adults to go for regular checkups so that if they have any infections or diseases, it can be diagnosed quickly and remedial measure can be taken appropriately.
The benefits of regular checkups:
Some of the benefits of regular checkups are mentioned here:-
- Regular checkups can detect problems at a stage when the conditions may not have progressed too much and this will make it easily treatable.
- With HIV positive patients, the quicker the testing gets done the quicker the treatment can be started. Thus, can prevent the onset of AIDS.
- Regular checkups can control the progression of the diseases such as Chlamydia, which if left untreated can cause permanent infertility.
- Getting a prospective partner tested is also a good idea as this can enable one to protect themselves from STIs.
- Symptoms for certain STIs can be similar to many other non-sexual or non-venereal diseases. Thus getting tests done is the only way to get to know if there is an STI or if it is some other nonsexual disease.
- HPV or Human Papilloma Virus can be detected easily with regular STI checkups and thus appropriate treatment can be started. If HPV isn't detected early, it can manifest much later in the form of cancer, which makes it more important to get yourself checked early on. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Retrograde ejaculation is a condition in which the semen enters the bladder instead of oozing out through the urethra. Although the person may attain sexual climax, the ejaculation would be very little or perhaps none at all. Retrograde ejaculation does not cause any harm but can be lead to infertility in men. It is commonly known as dry orgasm.
This uncommon condition takes place when the bladder opens but does not close. This causes the semen to come backward rather than going forward and out through the penis. Several conditions can cause problems to the muscle that closes the bladder leading to this condition.
The most common causes of retrograde ejaculation are:
Diabetes is a chronic condition in which the body is not able to regulate the amount of sugar in the blood. It is the most common cause of retrograde ejaculation.
- Some surgeries like bladder neck surgery and prostate surgery can lead to this condition
- Certain medications, which are used to treat high blood sugar and mood disorders (in the case of diabetes), may cause side effects that give rise to this condition.
- Neuropathic damage caused by conditions such as diabetes or spinal cord injuries may also lead to retrograde ejaculation
Some of the symptoms of this condition are:
- Dry orgasms, due to little or no ejaculation of semen while climaxing
- Cloudy urine due to the presence of semen
- Infertility or inability to make a woman pregnant
Retrograde ejaculation doesn't harm a patient physically, but it can lead to certain some complications, which are:
- Less sensual orgasm due to absent ejaculation
- Male infertility
Retrograde ejaculation can be controlled if you avoid the risk factors associated with it. Some of the factors that increase the risks of having retrograde ejaculation are:
- Having diabetes or multiple sclerosis
- Side effects of certain drugs for mood disorders
- A bladder or prostate surgery
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
ADHD, which stands for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, is a chronic brain condition that leads to difficulty in prolonging attention on to a single thing, impulsiveness and hyperactivity. Though it mostly affects children and teenagers, it often continues into adult life as well, and can pose serious issues in adult lives - specially in maintaining jobs and relationships.
Effects of ADHD on your sex life:
- Impulsivity: If you are suffering from ADHD, it is highly probable that you are often very impulsive in nature - and are susceptible to taking a number of risky decisions, such as unprotected sex.
- Attention-deficit problems: Since your thoughts are often jumping from one thought to the other, you will find it very difficult to actually concentrate on any single job at hand. Since sex requires attention and use of judgment, distractions can prove to be detrimental to a healthy sex life.
- Hyper-sexuality: This refers to the condition of an unnaturally high sex drive. It is basically caused by the stimulation of the brain by the release of endorphins during sexual arousal, which often leads to calmness and relaxes the restlessness that is otherwise so common to ADHD patients.
- Hypo-sexuality: This is exact opposite of hypersexuality. This condition refers to an unnaturally low sex drive, where you may often lose all interest in sexual activity completely. Often, this is a product of ADHD itself, but it can also be attributed to being a side effect of a certain type of medication, especially anti-depressants.
- Other disorders: Women suffering from ADHD have been known to have difficulties in achieving orgasm, often in spite of prolonged sexual stimulation. Also, if you are suffering from ADHD, you may also tend to be hypersensitive - which implies, something that feels pleasurable to your partner, may be painful or irritating for you.
Certain suggested treatments for improving the sex lives of people suffering from ADHD are:
- Including variety in sexual activity, such as different locations, positions etc.
- Communication, which proves very beneficial in combating intimacy issues
- Prioritize, and try to stay in the moment and not zone out, if you are suffering from ADHD disorders
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Modern lifestyle generally motivates you to be conscious of your health and external obstacles to attain a fit body. But like many other problems that are not quite evident, lack of sex in your relationship may look like a trivial matter in the beginning, but can become a bigger emotional and psychological problem for you and your partner. Here are several ways in which lack of sex can lead to trouble in your relationship, and in the long run affect your mental and psychological health.
- Resentment as a primary factor: It has been widely accepted that resentment towards your partner is one of the primary reasons for the lack of sex in your relationship. However, you cannot ignore the fact that in most cases, lack of sex, which is not due to resentment, leads to resentment and misunderstandings, making it a serious issue. This will indeed induce great stress in you, affecting the way you treat your partner even outside the bedroom.
- Harm caused by resultant depression: Lack of sex in a relationship often goes a long way in widening the emotional gap between you and your partner. It results into simmering resentment or quarrels. The feeling of rejection has been known to induce severe clinical depression, which can seriously affect the relationship.
- Stress which you can't cope with: Doctors all over the world agree that sex is a great stress buster. The release of chemicals like endorphin or oxytocin inside the body induces relief and a feel-good mood, which reduces anxiety of daily life goals. When you stop having sex, the stress increases, which at some point of time or the other will lead to misunderstandings and problems in the relationship and emotional strain.
Overall, lack of sex leads to insecurity in the relationship and builds up mistrust, which in turn affects your and your partner's personal health. So, sitting down and discussing how to address this issue might be a good idea if you notice the lack of passion in your relationship. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction, is a condition in which a man is not able to maintain an erection during sexual intercourse. It can be triggered by a variety of conditions like smoking, intake of certain drugs, health disorders or excessive consumption of alcohol. Although treatment options like medication and surgery are available, there are non-invasive treatments that can help a person fight the condition.
Here are some of them:
1. Engage in a physical workout - Among the many types of lifestyle changes that could be resorted to, exercise is the most effective one. Exercising improves blood flow and blood pressure in the body, both of which are essential for getting and maintaining a normal erection for a prolonged time. Plus, exercising also increases the level of testosterone, which is a crucial factor in sex drive.
2. Follow a balanced diet - The food you consume has a direct effect on your health and subsequently on your sex drive. A diet consisting of fruits, veggies, fish and lesser servings of red meat and refined grains can decrease the risk of impotency. Also, a healthy diet helps to maintain a stable body weight, which aids in sexual activity. Overconsumption of junk foods can cause obesity and diabetes, which are responsible for impotence.
3. Get sufficient sleep - Apart from a host of health problems, lack of sleep may also you render you impotent. Studies have shown that testosterone levels of men who are sleep deprived are much lower than in those who get their 8 hours of sleep. A proper sleep schedule should thus be duly adhered to.
4. Quit smoking and limit your alcohol consumption - Erectile dysfunction can be the cause of vascular disease. This occurs when the blood supply to the penis becomes restricted due to the blockage and narrowing of arteries. Alcohol and smoking can be responsible for this and can be the cause of both temporary and long-term impotence. Therefore, it's important to limit your alcohol consumption and quit smoking altogether. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
The debate about how sex affects sportspersons has been there for a very long time, but it is its reverse which is somehow more applicable. Research has shown that regularly engaging in sports or other physical activities such as exercising can have some really positive effects on your sex life. This has got to do mostly with improved metabolic activity in the cells from the increased motion and exercise.
Research suggests that engaging in exercise, sports and other physical activities result in an increase in flexibility and agility among people, thus aiding sexual prowess and performance. Also, it boosts levels of self-confidence, thus allowing you to believe that you are sexually desirable, (due to increased levels of fitness and toned musculature) which in turn also positively affects sexual capability- in providing higher levels of satisfaction to your partners. Apart from these, there are several other factors of sexuality that are also improved due to engaging in sports or exercise, like:
- Decreased risks of Erectile Dysfunction (ED): One of the most essential benefits of engaging in sports and exercise is that it lowers the risk of erectile dysfunction in men, due to an increased level of blood flow into your penis as a result of widening of the arteries. In this regard, research also suggests that you don't necessarily need to be overly fit or sporting to reduce chances of ED - even a brisk half hour walk works wonders.
- Improved quality of semen: Research has found that if you exercise or are engaged in some rigorous sporting activity for at least 15 hours per week, you will have higher sperm counts than your inactive counterparts.
- Increased libido: High levels of exercise pumps up testosterone levels in men and estrogen levels in women, which leads to better muscle growth and an increased sex drive in both sex.
- Increased chances of achieving orgasm in women: If you work out frequently, then the process of arousal works quicker for you and chances of orgasm is faster and with higher intensity, it gets increased exponentially.
- Heightened sensitivity: In women, the clitoris contains over 8000 nerve endings, which makes it very sensitive to stimulation, and increases arousal exponentially. Increased physical activity heightens the effect of this stimulus and makes sexual stimulation much more pleasurable. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Masturbation is a wonderful way to explore your physicality which is healthy as well as beneficial. According to research, women who masturbate regularly are likely to enjoy better sex lives with their partners and are more self confident in nature. Women who indulge in masturbation enjoy a wealth of physical as well as mental health benefits. Following are the benefits that you should be aware of:
Physical benefits of female masturbation:
- Prevention of infections: Female masturbation is very important as it prevents cervical infections and also relieves you from infections in the urinary tract. Recent studies suggest that masturbation helps relieve you from pain caused by urinary tract infections. It lubricates the vagina and eliminates harmful bacteria from the cervix.
- Better cardiovascular health: Masturbating promotes improvement in cardiovascular health and also effectively lowers the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. It has been observed that women who masturbate regularly are less vulnerable to coronary heart disease and overall have a better immune system.
- Prevents insomnia: Masturbation can be a natural way to prevent insomnia as there is a subsequent release of hormones and stress involved. During masturbation the hormone called Dopamine increases as the process reaches climax. After orgasm, the hormones called oxytocin are released along with endorphins which consequently help you to sleep better.
Psychological or mental benefits of masturbation
- Improves mood and busts stress: Masturbation helps you get rid of depressed feelings and in turn positively affects your sexual life with your partner. It improves your mood and is considered an effective stress buster without any associated side effects.
- Helps you accept yourself: Accepting your sexuality is very important as it makes you aware of your body and makes you comfortable with it. It strengthens your love for yourself and increases your confidence. Paying attention to your sexual desires and fulfilling them yourselves is pleasurable as well as healthy. Masturbation can help you know your physical needs and relieve stress associated to your personal and professional life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Is your love life deteriorating? Is the fun and excitement which were so normal earlier slowly fading away? Are you losing interest in having intimacy lately and would rather do something else? There are many factors and reasons due to which your sex life may get hampered even though you have the energy required to perform. There are several barriers, many of which are emotional, which ruin good sex. This may be because of poor body image to feeling bored of having sex.
Here are some tips you should follow to have a better sex life:
- Like yourself naked: For having a good life, it is important to feel good about your body. If you see yourself as strong, sexy and attractive, your self-esteem will stay high. As a result, you will enjoy sex when you are proud of your naked body. You should give a reality check to yourself for boosting your body confidence. Do not bother too much about some of your features which you may not like. Concentrate on the parts you like about yourself and watch yourself in the mirror at times.
- Make the mind-body connection: You should think about the moments of life when you feel at a par with your body completely. It may happen after you fish a long run and your blood is pumping. Performing yoga is also important for connecting your mind with the body. You should undertake activities which make you feel good under your skin.
- Swear off sex: Although it is extreme, swearing off sex is quite effective. Instead of not focusing on the endgame, you should learn to enjoy and feel the sensuality quotient of sex. You should tease yourself and your partner, get undressed, and explore the bodies of each other.
- Add thrills: After a few years of being with your partner, your sex life may get lazy. In order to revive your sex life, it is important for you to put your energy in the relationship. New adventures and activities related to sex stimulate the brain to provide dopamine. It is a neurotransmitter which is important for arousing sexual desire. The levels of dopamine get enhanced when you do something thrilling or daring.
- Change your routine: If you feel stressed out, it is difficult for you to enjoy sex or feel sexy. When you experience tension and stress, the body produces oxytocin, which is a chemical that cancels out the effects of testosterone, the sex hormone. Due to this, your libido may fall. You need to change your routine and do things which will relieve you of tension. When you are relaxed and happy, you are likely to get into the mood for sex.
For improving your sex life, you should improve your communication with your partner. Try to be the one who makes the first move and try to turn daily chores into foreplay. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Are you pregnant and wondering whether is it okay to continue having sex? If you are having a normal pregnancy, it is fine to keep on having sex until your water breaks or you are going into labour. However, there are some circumstances where you may have to modify your sexual activities or avoid having sex.
Does sex during pregnancy harm your baby?
Your baby is not hurt, if you have sex during pregnancy. The amniotic sac and strong muscles of the uterus keep the baby protected. The thick mucus plug sealing the cervix guards the baby from infections.
Does sex during pregnancy trigger labour?
In the case of a normal and low risk pregnancy, there are no such risks as sexual stimulation cannot start labour or lead to a miscarriage. Some mild uterine contractions may occur because of an orgasm, but they are quite harmless and temporary.
The best sexual positions during pregnancy
During pregnancy, you should experiment in order to find out the sexual positions which are most comfortable for you. Finding a suitable sexual position is hard because of the growing belly.
- The missionary position becomes quite tough as your pregnancy develops and is impossible to carry out during late pregnancy. If you try this position during your first trimester of pregnancy, you should wedge a pillow under you. This should be done so that your position is not tilted and you do not lay flat on your back. Your partner should make sure not to put any pressure or support on your abdomen.
- Oral sex is considered to be safe during pregnancy, but there are certain limitations. Licking is okay, but blowing into your genital area should be abstained from. Forcing air into the vagina may lead to an air embolism. This can be harmful for your developing baby.
- It is not safe for you to indulge in oral sex with your partner during pregnancy, if he has oral herpes. If your partner has got oral herpes, you should completely abstain from having sex during the third trimester of pregnancy, even though he does not show symptoms.
In case you are not sure of your partner’s HIV status, you should use a dental dam or a sheet of latex for placing between your genitals and partner’s mouth. You should take suggestions and tips from a doctor to know more about sex during pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Virginity is not the measure of a woman’s character, but the decision to lose your virginity should be a well informed one. After all, there’s no going back from here. In biological terms, losing your virginity refers to the first time you have vaginal intercourse. For most women, it is symbolized by the breaking of the hymen. However, since the hymen can also break while participating in other activities like gymnastics and horse riding, this should not be taken as a measure of a woman’s virginity.
Here are a few things you should know about losing your virginity.
- There may be blood: Don’t freak out of you see a few drops of blood on the sheets. Most women break their hymen when they have sex for the first time. This is the source of the blood that you see. Unlike other cuts and bruises, you will not need to put anything on your vagina for the hymen to heal. At the same time, if you do not bleed don’t worry. This is a sign that your hymen was already broken.
- You may feel a little pain: There are two major factors that determine how much pain you will feel when having sex for the first time; your sensitivity to pain and the size of your partner’s penis. More than pain, you should be ready to feel a lot of pressure. This can be relieved by going slow or by using a lubricant.
- You should be comfortable: Don’t try any awkward positions for your first time. You should be comfortable both mentally and physically. This will help you enjoy the experience and will ensure that your body produces enough natural lubricant.
- You should use protection: Protection is a must for every time you have sex until you are ready to start a family. A condom will not only protect you from unwanted pregnancies but will also protect you against STDs.
- It’s OK to back out: You should never feel under pressure to lose your virginity. A good partner will understand this and let you take your time. Even if you had planned on ‘doing it’ but at the last moment do not feel comfortable about it, don’t be afraid to back out.
- Share your experience with someone: Though considered taboo, losing your virginity should ideally not be kept a secret. Parents are the best people to talk to about this but you could also talk to an aunt, elder sister or anyone you trust. Alternatively, speak to your gynaecologist; they are the best informed and there’s nothing they haven’t been asked before so you don’t need to feel shy about asking them anything. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
It refers to the touching of your own body in order to get pleasure and satisfaction. This activity is a very important part of physical as well as mental wellbeing.
Men and women all over the world engage in masturbation, irrespective of whether or not they are sexually active with their partners. There are many myths and debates associated with the act of masturbation, especially for those who are in committal (or non-committal) relationships with a regular sexual partner.
One of these myths is that masturbating when you're in a relationship is abnormal and is indicative of the fact that your partner has lost interest in you and is not sexually attracted to you.
However, masturbating in a relationship is perfectly normal for the following reasons:
- It is how many learn about their bodies and sexual responsiveness, which enables them to perform better during intercourse
- It acts as a sexual outlet for those whose partners do not wish to have sex or are unavailable for a temporary time period
- It is a safe alternative when the risk of sexually transmitted infections and diseases is present
Apart from that masturbation can also help enhancing the sexual relationship as studies show that those who had experienced orgasm through masturbation before they started having sex are likelier to experience better orgasms when they have sex than those who don't masturbate.
However, masturbation comes with its own set of problems. If done excessively, these problems will begin to manifest themselves in the bedroom in the form of sexual dysfunction.
The subsequent reasons entail why it is not good to masturbate too frequently:
- Too much masturbation leads to loss of libido: Some people tend to constant masturbate to pornography despite having regular sexual partners. They often find themselves underperforming during intercourse as unwarranted masturbation lowers sexual drive.
- Masturbation does not have the health benefits of sexual intercourse: Having regular sex with a partner positively impacts many aspects of one's health, such as blood pressure, cardiac vigour, hormone secretions, etc. However, masturbation does not carry many of those benefits, as studies have shown.
- Masturbation has its own risks: It may be considered the safest form of sex possible but it isn't entirely risk-free. Frequent masturbation can cause skin irritations and men who masturbate with roughness face the risk of penile fracture.
The amount of masturbation that one should indulge in is extremely subjective. Those who masturbate regularly and still have a healthy sexual relationship with their partners are in a wholesome place. But if masturbation causes you to develop an aversion to having sex with your partner, consult a sex therapist right away. Compulsive masturbation is a behavior that disrupts one's life both physically and mentally.
Yoga literally means ‘union’ and it focuses on harmonizing the mind and body by tackling issues like stress. Stress has a debilitating effect on not only self image but also on a person’s libido. Thus, yoga can indirectly bring back a spark to your love life and boost your libido. Here are 6 yoga poses for better sex.
- The Cat stretch: This yoga asana helps strengthen Kegel muscles. Place both your knees and palms on the floor and hips directly above your knees. Inhale while raising your chin, chest and tailbone and arching your back downwards. As you do this, compress your buttocks. Hold your breath for a few second and exhale. As you exhale, arch your back upwards and relax your buttocks.
- The Wide legged Straddle: This exercise boosts libido by increasing blood flow to the pelvic area by stretching the inner thighs. Sit upright on the floor with your legs spread as far apart as possible and toes pointed upwards. Hold your knees. While keeping your back straight try taking your palms closer to your ankles. Stop whenever you feel your hamstrings stretch. Hold your breath and extend your chest downwards as far as possible.
- The Eagle: This pose enhances blood flow into the cervix. To practice this asana stand upright and bend the left knee while wrapping the calf with your right calf and foot. Lower your buttocks till you are almost in a sitting position and tuck in your tailbone. Simultaneously cross your left arm over the right at the elbow and wrap the fore arms around each other till your palms face each other. Lift your arms upwards and hold the position for as long as possible before releasing. Repeat with the other leg.
- The bridge: This position flexes and stretches the hips while toning the vaginal muscles to boost orgasms. Lie on your back and bring your feet 5 inches below your buttocks while bending your knees. Inhale and raise your hips upwards with your palms face down by your side. Hold for 10 seconds and lower your hips while exhaling.
- Bound Angle: This asana opens the hips raises the temperature of thee groin area. Begin by witting upright with your legs outstretched in front of you. Bend your knees outwards and bring your soles together so that they are facing each other. Hold your ankles and try lowering your knees to the ground as far as possible.
- The cobra pose: This is an energizing asana. Lie on your stomach with palms face down below your ribs. Stretch your legs out with the top of your foot pressing against the ground. Lift your chest off the floor and hold for 10 seconds before releasing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
It is not a myth but an actual condition that might happen when it is erect and experiences a certain amount of force. However, since this organ doesn't contain actual bones, the effect of its fracture differs from that of an arm or leg fracture?
What is penis fracture?
Penis fracture is a condition where an erect penis suffers a fracture. An erect penis is filled with blood, in this condition, if it is bent forcefully or suddenly, it can suffer a fracture. The penis consists of two large cylinders and one smaller cylinder; during erection blood rushes to the two larger cylinders inflating them thus turning the penis hard and erect. In this state, if it faces a sudden force it can cause damage to the penis.
The symptoms of penis fracture are-
1. A popping or cracking sound in case of sudden trauma
2. Loss of erection almost immediately
3. Feeling of pain in the affected area
4. Bruising of the area
5. In some cases the urethra can get damaged, causing blood to come out of it
In the case of penis fracture, one should seek medical advice immediately. If the condition is not treated then it can result in severe complications. A physical exam followed by exams like MRI or urethrogram are used to diagnose the problem. Surgery is mostly recommended to repair the penis after the diagnosis and it should not be delayed for long. In case the surgery is delayed, scarring occurs and it can result in erectile dysfunction. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Physical intimacy brings a couple closer in a relationship, encourages emotional bonding and whilst doing all of this, also bring a whole array of health benefits with it for both partners. Regular sex can actually make you physically healthier! Have a look at the benefits it brings, along with unmentionable pleasure. Speak to a sexologist for more information.
1. More Sex, Less Stress: If you're freaking out about tomorrow's job interview, slip between the sheets. People who have intercourse at least once over two weeks were better able to manage stressful situations. That's because endorphins and oxytocin are released during sex and these being the feel good hormones activate pleasure centers in the brain that create feelings of intimacy and relaxation and help stave off anxiety and depression. You don't have to climax to net the effects, but you'll get the biggest surge of soothing hormones if you have an orgasm.
2. Sex Boosts Immunity: Good sexual health may mean better physical health. Having sex once or twice a week has been linked with higher levels of an antibody called immunoglobulin A or IgA, which can protect you from getting colds and other infections.
3. Sex Relieves pain: If you're using headache as an excuse to not make love, stop doing that. Have sex instead, because, when you're about to have an orgasm, the level of the hormone oxytocin increases by five times. These endorphins actually reduces aches and pains.
4. Sexual activity Increases blood circulation: Because your heart rate increases when you have sex, fresh blood is supplied to your organs and cells. While used blood is removed, the body also expels toxins and other materials that cause you to feel tired.
5. Sex is Exercise: Sex is a really great form of exercise. It won't replace the treadmill, but it counts for something. Sex uses about five calories per minute, four more calories than watching TV.
6. Sex Improves Cardiovascular Health: Researchers have also found that having sex twice or more a week reduces the risk of contracting fatal heart attack by half for the men, compared with those who had sex less than once a month.
7. Sex Reduces Prostate Cancer Risk: Frequent ejaculations, especially in 20 something men, may reduce the risk of prostate cancer later in life.
8. You sleep better: The sleep that you get just after you've made love will be much more relaxed. Getting a good night's sleep will make you feel alert and overall healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Paraphilias are emotional disorders defined as sexually arousing fantasies, urges or behaviors that are recurrent, intense, occur over a specific period of time, and cause significant distress involving non-consenting partners, partners who are suffering or being humiliated (simulated or real) or through the use of an object.
There are a number of causes that result in Paraphilic disorders. Some of them are:
- Brain injury
- Biological factors
- Humiliating factors
In most cases, one or more events occurred during childhood that led the individual to associate sexual pleasure with that event (or object) thus resulting in the development of a paraphilia.
Symptoms of Paraphilia:
- Humiliating another person
- Beating or spanking
Symptoms of paraphilia can include preoccupation to the point of obsessiveness that may intrude on the person's attempt to intimate with the person of similar age. Paraphilia sufferers may experience depression or anxiety that is temporarily relieved by engaging in paraphilic behavior, thus leading to an addictive cycle.
How do health professionals diagnose paraphilias?
Usually providers of mental health care help make the diagnosis of paraphilias, including licensed mental-health therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatric nurses, and social workers.
Common Treatment of Paraphilias:
Treatment modalities currently used fall into three categories: surgical castration, psychotherapy, and pharmacotherapy.
- Pharmacological interventions consist of antiandrogens.Cyproterone and medroxyprogesterone acetates are the two antiandrogens more commonly used.
- Psychotropic drugs may be effective solely in men with a definite obsessive-compulsive disorder component.
- Group therapy helps in breaking through the denial so commonly found in people.
- Cognitive therapies described include restructuring cognitive distortions and empathy training. Also social skills are a better way to treat patients with these types of disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
If you feel that no one can help or guide you in channelising your desires, you are wrong. A relationship is subject to a lot of misunderstandings, especially when the sex life is disturbed or fading. Most people tend to keep quiet about such issues instead of seeking help. A sexologist is a therapist who specialises in sexual problems and knows how to deal with them. Here are the top reasons why you should consider visiting a sexologist:
- If you have low sex drive, you are bound to avoid physical intimacy with your partner. This might happen because of various reasons, such as hormonal changes, certain medications, stress, and fatigue. If you low sex drive has become a persistent problem in your life, you should consult a sexologist about it.
- If you experience intense sexual behaviour, urges and fantasies which involve strange objects, situations and activities, it is a genuine problem. It is likely to be associated with some psychological issue. This may lead to great distress in your social, personal and occupational life. Visiting a sexologist is very important during such situations.
- There are several physiological problems which may lower your sex drive or may disable you to perform in bed. In men, disorders such as erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and the inability to penetrate in spite of having an erection are common. Although these can be treated with medicines, visiting a sexologist will help you know about the condition and the different treatment modes available. Such problems in women include vaginal dryness, dyspareunia vaginal trauma or vaginismus.
- When your sexual needs and desires do not match with that of your partner’s, problems and issues are likely to surface. One of you may suffer from low sex drive as well. As a couple, it is important to communicate with each other and visit a sexologist.
- If you are obsessed and preoccupied with sexual thoughts all the time and your performance and functioning are being affected, a psychological issue is indicated. This needs immediate treatment and hence, you must visit a sexologist.
- It may be possible for you to feel guilty about having sex. This may happen on the account of a bad sexual experience in the past, such as being a victim of child abuse. You can solve the problem by talking it out with a sexologist.
You should also visit a sexologist if you are unable to achieve orgasms. This is more common in women than men. Ejaculation and orgasm are associated with each other. If you cannot attain an orgasm in spite of having a sex drive, you should be concerned and seek medical opinion.
Any type of cancer has a severe impact on the lives of patients, both physically and psychologically. The discipline of oncosexology has emerged in recent times with the idea of spreading the awareness of sexual issues in oncology care and emphasizes on the importance of approaching these issues to prevent the development of severe sexual dysfunctions or problems. Although the rate of sexual problems in cancer patients is reported to be around 35-50% worldwide, and despite the fact that both cancer care providers and patients recognize the weight of discussing sexual issues, it is unfortunate that neither group are observed to do so.
Impact of Cancer on sexual functioning: It is invariably true for all cancer treatment options that they can potentially affect sexuality in a negative way with their impact, ranging from comparatively clement to extremely enfeebling. The impact on sexuality may arise from a number of biological, psychological and relational consequences of cancer and more than often, a composition of Biopsychosocial factors are involved. While men suffer from erectile dysfunction, retrograde ejaculations and loss of sexual desire, in women, sexual dysfunction is commonly associated with abrupt failure of ovaries and related menopausal symptoms. Psychologically, the differences in dealing with emotions and feelings of disappointment can cause anxiety, which, in turn, can steer towards sexual distancing.
Steering towards sexual activity during/after treatment: Most patients remain oblivious to the very idea of oncosexology as a result of lack of awareness about possible treatments and its mode of addressal. Maintaining a healthy sexual relationship in such cases requires support and encouragement from healthcare professionals. Oncosexology, therefore, aims at a well rounded integration of sexual rehabilitation in the context of oncology care since sexuality is indeed extremely important in enhancing the quality of life.
Cancer patients can use the following tips for having a better sex life:
- Sexual activity largely depends upon the energy and comfort level between the partners affected by the disease. Inhibitions are natural and sexual activity needn't involve intercourse or oral sex alone. Foreplay, mutual masturbation and usage of vibrators and lubricants may also ease the pain and discomfort.
- Partners need to communicate openly about their feelings and what feels good and what doesn't in bed.
- Using protection is a must. Chemotherapy may persist in the semen 48-72 hours prior to treatment.
- Explore with different positions in order to find what's best for both you and your partner if the usual ones seem painful.
- Speak to a sexologist or sex therapist beforehand in order to have a clear picture about the possible consequences of your treatment on your sexuality.
- Coping with body image concerns may also pose to be another challenge. Exercising and eating well improves health and boosts self esteem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Though in case of young men the problem of dysfunction and intimate arousal is not so common, men aged over 40 take longer time to feel aroused, which can be really problematic at times. There are many factors that contribute to erectile dysfunction, including poor lifestyle, medications and untreated physical complications. Many men battle to understand when and why they are facing these sexual hazards, but it is an ailment that requires medical aid. However, you can also reduce them with a few lifestyle changes.
- Lower down pornographic use: If you are masturbating to an immensely stimulating porn video on a daily basis, it may become difficult for you to get aroused when you are actually with your partner. This practice is quite stimulating and may often create difficulties in making you sexually aroused to the required level. You can try to masturbate without any technical assistance as it wouldn’t be as stimulating as harming your sexual health. Trying these for 10 days would help in improving your erection quality.
- Get enough stimulation: Many men opt to kiss for a minute and then jump on to having an intercourse. Though this works at a young age, men require more stimulation as they age. You should aim to engage in some kind of foreplay with your partner as it is a great way of getting enough arousal required for an enjoyable sex. So instead of hurrying up thinking you will lose your erection, enjoy the act of sex without concentrating on erection and your erection will stay on its own.
- Communicate with your partner: It is very crucial to communicate with your partner about what do you enjoy most while having sex. Most men do not tell their partners about what turns them on. When you are not aroused by the normal bedroom practices, it is definite that you have erectile dysfunction. When you talk to your partner about ways of having sex, trying new positions and other intimate matters as it will help in strengthening the bond between you and your partner and you can relax and enjoy the act of sex together.
If you are able to maintain your erection at about 75% of the time, then your erectile dysfunction is based on situational issues and not on biological problems. Regardless of the reasons behind your erectile dysfunction or lack of sexual arousal, you can try these few tips for managing these issues that may take a toll on your private relationships. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Vaginal dryness can be caused due to a range of factors, including hormonal alterations, medicine side effects, psychological factors like stress and anxiety and much more. Female lubrication begins as your hormones signal your brain that you are being aroused sexually.
There is swelling in the inner and outer vaginal lips and your vulvovaginal glands start secreting fluids to help the process of penetration. But some women find it really difficult to feel wet and ready for the intercourse and experience painful intercourse before they finally lose interest in the whole act of lovemaking. Before you give up hope, ask yourself these few important questions and make the necessary changes to help yourself lubricate enough while enjoying intimate acts.
Are you too stressed out?
This is one of the most important reasons behind the lack of sexual drive in both men and women. It also occurs when you are ageing and approaching menopause. Lack of proper lubrication also takes place as your hormones rise and then fall, and you can consider meditating or performing a few yoga exercises in the morning to help your sex health.
Are you on a medication?
There are certain antibiotics and other medicines that lead to vaginal dryness as a form of a side effect and your sex health would come back to its normal state after seven days of finishing the course.
Are you hurrying too much?
It can so happen that your regular sexual activity is demanding for a longer course of foreplay, such as kissing, touching and cuddling, so that you get the time to become fully aroused. There are some erogenous spots in your body that crave for attention, and you can try a new position or a new sex toy or probably go with playful stroking and kissing all over the body to get stimulated.
Is everything about your diet alright?
Your diet mirrors how your body is going to respond to various situations. It is good to include loads of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables in your diet and curb down those sweet meats, cream coffees, fries and junk foods and drink more water. You can also consider incorporating zinc and vitamin supplements as they help in lubrication.
Thankfully, these ways of handling lubrication issues are much easier than estrogen inserts. If you are experiencing symptoms like hot flashes owing to vaginal dryness, you can go for an oral medication as prescribed by a health expert. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Erectile dysfunction is referred to as the inability of getting or achieving an erection that is firm enough to help you have a sexual intercourse. It is also referred to as impotence. Occasional erectile dysfunction is quite common and one may experience it at times of stress though frequent ED can be a sign of a serious health issue that requires clinical evaluation. It can also be a sign of emotional or relationship problems that need to be addressed by an expert when you are not able to handle them.
In case of males, there are four different types of sexual dysfunctions, including erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, inhibited ejaculation and low sex drive. In case of women, vaginal dryness, lack of sexual drive and painful intercourse are regarded as sexual dysfunction.
Erection problems inevitably lead to considerable emotional as well as psychological reactions in most men, which are often described as a pattern of stress and anxiety. These further complicate the normal sexual function. In the case of aged men, sexual dysfunction is caused due to depression or other psychological complexes like widower syndrome. There are some physical causes behind sexual dysfunction, including stress, high blood sugar, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol levels and prostate cancer. Besides, certain respiratory and systemic ailments also contribute to sexual dysfunction.
A family doctor is a good thing to start with if you are experiencing problems in getting an erection or keeping it or you feel a reduced sexual drive. Other symptoms of sexual dysfunction in men include premature ejaculation or excessively delayed ejaculation or no ejaculation at all. In case of females, sexual hazards lead to a lack of sexual drive and vaginal dryness which in turn lead to pain while having intercourse.
Sexual dysfunction is a hazard only if it intervenes with your daily sexual activities. As female sexual problems incorporate various symptoms and causes, the treatment varies to a great extent. It is important to communicate the concerns with your partner and take the time out to understand the problem. You should refrain from smoking and consuming alcohol and be active physically. Even free hand exercise and Yoga help in relieving stress so that you can be able to enjoy your lovemaking to the fullest possible extent.
If simple lifestyle changes don’t seem to help your condition, you shall have to seek medical aid where the expert can adjust your medication, optimise the treatment for anxiety or depression or recommend oestrogen or androgen therapies as per requirements.