Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Nashik and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prasanna BalrugnalayYour feedback matters!
I have 7 months baby. He fell off from bed 2 days ago and he is making sound which is like while going bathroom difficulty to go to motion that sound he is making for a long time. What is the reason for that? I am using sms drops and cyclopam drops for that. What is the reason for that sounding and how to overcome this problem?
Hi Doctor, My son is having motion sickness while travelling in car. 8 out of 10 times he is vomiting in cars. But when travelling in car having higher ground clearance, he is not feeling any motion sickness. He is 4 years old now but having this problem from last 3 yrs. Please suggest any precautions to be taken care of. Thanks.
My son is 10 months old. At times, may be once a day or twice a day, his thumb finger gets struck. Meaning its bend and if we try to straighten that there would be a noise (like breaking knuckle). This is observed only in his right hand. Consulted couple of pediatricians here and some are telling this is common - it would get back to normal by time but others says that this is trigger thumb. Please suggest whether to wait or not? He is not crying while we straighten his finger. Please suggest if waiting would worsen or help? If we could wait, how long we could wait? If its trigger thumb, then is there any other treatment other than surgery? If at all its surgery would that be a permanent solution?
Study Smarter and Not Harder!
There are few things I hear over and over again from students -
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study.
And the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve.
There are two ways to improve your concentration:
First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
Ideas for daily concentration-boosting habits include:
- Mindfulness meditation - many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep - I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain - The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumocity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier - your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise - is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4-5 hours of study very efficient.
Optimize your mental state and environment:
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
Create a study space - Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
Remove distractions - Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
Reduce background noises - If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
Use timer - Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
Stay motivated - If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying.
That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
Take breaks - Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How can I help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; book an audio consultation with me. Once I know what your current study methods are, I will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate my tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!
My child's Height is 4.6. I don't think it is okay. She cannot pick up a container from top the self. Please suggest. Please tell what her height should be at the age of 9? Please answer.
My baby has gastroenteritis. Doctor has said not to give her fruit juice and milk at all. Are there any other restrictions on food? She loves to eat tomatoes in her curries. Can I use the same? She is 2 years 3 months old.
Hi my daughter is 1 and half month old. someday she is not sleeping from 8-10 hours continuously. For example today she is awake from 3: 45 pm and its 12: 40 am now but t she steel not sleeping. Please give suggestions I am so afraid about this.
My son (11 years) have been suffering from cough since last 2 years. Though the cough is intermittent in nature, he says that something blocks his chest, for which, he coughs. He was diagnosed with anti allergy medicines, but of no use. Can you suggest the remedy?
Doctor, My son is infection of eye. Son'age is two months. What do my son to remove from infection of his eye?
Mera baby diet (khana) nhi chahta h .or I am six month pregnant. Wo avi v breast feed karta h.bt ye to wrong h naa. Use 3 montg se heavy constipation ki shikayat h.or latrine karne k time m to lagta h jaise ro ro k uska bura haal ho jaata h.Dr. Se v dikhwaya bt unhone v khana khilane ko kaha. Bt wo kuch v khana hi nhi chahta .main kya karoon main apne baby k liye bahut tension m hoon. Pls koi solution bataye .bahut problem m mera baby h.
My daughter is 5 years old. I want to improve her health and increase weight. She is too much slim and weight less and most of time suffering from fever/cold/cough in b/w 1 or 2 months. Please Help.
My 3 year old daughter is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she Can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I Do?
My baby is 9 months. She has no teeth till now. What kind of food should I give her as she ia not able to chew. If she find any particle she vomits it.
My son is going to be 8 months old but has not yet started sitting on his own. While we make him sit using cushions he loses his balance and falls down. And what all I can include in his diet except milk?
My baby is 9 months old. He has suddenly stopped taking breast milk from yesterday nyt. I breastfeed him along wid other food. Wat cn I do? Any reason why he has stopped taking milk.
6 days ago
Small babies should wear at least six layers of warm clothes.It is layers that is important because warmth is due to the air trapped between the layers..