Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Nashik and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prasanna BalrugnalayYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 2.5 years old and doesn't know how to chew. Pls advise as she is not able to eat solids.
Asthma in children under the age of 5 is a matter of concern. It is not a rare disease and early diagnosis is important. Common signs of asthma in children are:
1. Recurring bronchitis
3. Discomfort in the chest
5. Trouble breathing
While some children have persistent yet mild symptoms, some children have severe attacks at times. Seasonal allergies and smoke make the symptoms worse.
What to notice?
While feeding an infant, if you notice that your child is facing shortness of breath, it might be a symptom of asthma. In a toddler, if your notice a decreased desire to run and play, or easy fatigue, then this could be a symptom of asthma. Asthma attacks for many children under the age of 5 are worsened when they catch cold or have any other respiratory infections. All these, if noticed should not be ignored and your child's pediatrician should be consulted.
The above mentioned symptoms were mild. Some children have it worse and the attacks can be life-threatening, needing immediate treatment. If your child is under the age of 5 and you see them doing one of the following, contact emergency services immediately:
1. Trouble in speaking because they have restricted breathing
2. When they are breathing in, the effort is so much that the abdomen is getting sucked in
3. Gasping for air.
Diagnosing asthma in a child can be tricky as symptoms like coughing, wheezing, etc can be for other conditions also. Once a child is a little older and if the symptoms persist, breathing and lung function tests are taken to gauge the situation.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Is there any treatment for vitiligo skin? My daughter (10 years old) suffering from vitiligo skin the appearance to her face. Is there a cure can remove the effect of vitiligoly's spots phenomenon?
Hi My daughter is one month old, my mother in law says to give her saffron mixed in bread milk. As they used to give it to their daughter for complexion improvement. Is it safe to give it at this age?
My kid aged 8 years is having cold cough symptoms with high fever going upto 102 occasionally, the local doctor prescribed meftal b.
My grandson is 3 years and 9 months old. While he utters few words he is yet to speak joining words together. He hears well understands active recognises colours items and very friendly. He toe walks. His delayed speech causes concern. Neurosurgeon says he would speak but late. BERA tests and others show he is normal. We put him in play school. He enjoyed. What can we possibly do to help him? We are in Bangalore.
I'm mother of a daughter who just completed 4 years now I wanted to ask that when should I give her polio injection .when she completes her 5 years then or before completing 5 years?
I have got a grand son (Born on 01 MAY 2017), his mother is not able to breast feed him, but strangely, the hospital staff, including the Pediatrician advise to feed him with spoon, and were AGAINST feeding with the bottle? Need your Adv. Please.
Hello doctor, My 15 months old son is having red patches on his face. My pd suggested me to use eumosone cream for 5 days. They got cured after I have used that for 5 days but again now they are starting on his face. Is it safe to use eumosone repeatedly? Thank you in advance.
I am 36 yrs, male. I am teacher by profession and suffers from lot of gas in stomach. Which leads to stool. What shall I do.
How will I come to know whether my two months old daughter had her stomach full just after feeding. As she use to cry even after feeding. Please tell me what to do if the milk is not enough for her.
Hi My children has some problem in passing motion for last two days i. E yesterday and today She tries to push out but it does not happens, she cries a lot while passing motion We have given her milk of magnesia one table spoon today morning but it did not worked out Also given hot water in the morning and dried grapes also given but no use. Any suggestions?
I have 1 year 5 months baby and she fell down from the table, she feeling pain in right hand wrist and it is swelling little, please suggest?
If we identified the hearing loss early, child can start rehabilitation early and they can grow like normal kid. They can go to normal school.
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.
My baby girl 3.3 years having cold nd fever from night. I gave her crocin syrup but still fever persist. please suggest sum medicine. She is 12. 5 kg.
Hello Doctor,. My sister's recently gave birth to a baby girl 3 days ago. This evening, the baby underwent the bilirubin neonatal test just before the mom and the baby were to be discharged from the hospital. Although the report was ready, my sister could not consult to the doctor about it. Bilirubin total: 10.35 mg/dL. Biological reference interval: 0.00 - 1.00 Bilirubin Direct: 0.98 mg/dL. Biological reference interval: 0.00 - 0.25 Bilirubin Indirect: 9.37 mg/dL. Biological reference interval: 0.00 - 0.75 You can notice that the actual values are way out of the normal range, all on the higher side. At this time, none of the doctors is available for consultation. Can you guide me what are the implications of these readings? Is it normal with 2-3 days old babies? Is it a matter to worry about? Thanks in advance,
My 20 months old baby is having cold n fever which reoccurs after every 7 to 8 hours n she is doing loose motions thrice since yesterday. I gave tminic cold n ibugesic plus but no permanent relief.
Kids have a mind of their own when it comes to food. The unhealthier it is, the more they tend to like it. Most taste driven or sweet foods are harmful for your child’s oral hygiene. However not all foods that your children like to eat are as bad for their oral health, some even help strengthen their teeth.
Here are 4 foods that your children can have for healthy teeth and gums.
1) Sugarless Gum - It helps loosen plaque and increase the number of natural antibodies in the mouth. It also keeps the gums hydrated. While too much of anything is not good, these gums are good once in a while.
2) Crispy Vegetables - These might not be popular with children but can be made yummy with interesting dips to go with them. Raw carrots, celery, cauliflower, and green beans are chewing foods which clean the child's teeth and gums.
3) Natural Sugar - Sugar from milk, yoghurt and cheese are rich in vitamin D, phosphate and calcium. When consumed, they raise the pH level of the mouth which lowers the level of acids, hence reducing risk of tooth decay.
4) Vitamin C Rich Foods - Fruits like oranges, kiwis, strawberries, papayas and limes help kill bacteria that can cause gingivitis. They also aid a good supply of collagen in the child's gums. However, parents need to remember that one can eat citrus foods only after thirty minutes from brushing their teeth. This is because the citric acid in these foods can weaken the tooth enamel temporarily.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.