Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. M.S AmbekarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
A very experienced person.. Listens to your problems patiently. Has accurate way of treatment. A good person it the field
Dr. M.S Ambekar provides answers that are very helpful and helped me improve my health. Thanks a lot sir ... i had enquired with other also they had suggested same with me ...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be very helpful. Let me read it first
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be very helpful. Very helpful
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be knowledgeable. Thankq
Dr. M.S Ambekar provides answers that are knowledgeable. very helpful
Over the period of time I noticed a number of changes in myself. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of erection problems. Dr M.S Ambedkar is a very practical doctor. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the City Sex Counselling & Therapy Center - Malegaon is so nice. The guidance M.S Ambekar gave me has helped me immensely with my situation. One of my cousin's referred to Dr M.S Ambekar. The waiting area in the City Sex Counselling & Therapy Center - Malegaon is very comfortable for elderly patients. His treatment suited me the best and now I am fine.
I was suffering from HIV aids from quite long for which I consulted Dr Ambedkar. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my issue. No matter how critical be the situation, he is always very calm. I am so thankful that the doctor has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. The City Sex Therapy Center is designed in such a manner that all requirements of patients are taken care of.
I feel strange that I am suffering from premature ejaculation. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I was amazed that other doctors before him were not able to even treat my problem, but he did it immediately and started the premature ejaculation treatment for it. All the staff members were very helpful. In order to diagnose my problem completely he asked me a number of questions. I saw M.S Ambekar clinic's advertisement in newspaper and that is how we referred him.
I was shocked to know that I was sufering from Erectile Dysfunction. I chose to consult Dr M.S Ambekar . He has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. The nurses at the City Sex Counselling & Therapy Center - Malegaon were really helpful. The guidance of Dr M.S Ambekar gave me has helped me immensely with my situation. I remember, I read an article of M.S Ambekar in the paper and made contact. His treatment benefitted me to a great extent.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of male sexual problems. So many doctors I consulted, but Dr Ambedkar's treatment was the best. He is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. With great ease he explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out.
I had a small penis size due to which I was very tensed . One of my friends referred to Dr Ambedkar. Over the period of time the treatment has helped me a lot. He is a very practical doctor. He has in depth knowledge in sexology. And I am happy with the results. I would definitely recommend this doctor to anyone gladly.
I feel strange that I am suffering from male sexual problems. Dr Ambekar has expert knowledge in the field. He is very talented and seasoned doctor. His treatment suited me the best and now I am fine. The overall atmosphere in the City Therapy Center is very soothing.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of masturbation addiction. I conmsulted Dr Ambedkar, he is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. He has in depth knowledge and ensures that he explains the problem in detail. My condition has improved than earlier.
Samrat Nandan Bora
Dr. M.S Ambekar provides answers that are very helpful, helped me improve my health and saved my life. Thanks a lot doctor. Actually the written sentence was said by an international gym trainer. That's why I was afraid to masturbate during my workout days.
Karthick Raja T
Thanks for your awesome words for my question sir, the words that KEEP IN MIND,,, after that its beautiful sir, now I am happy and will be happy with my partner to have sex and more than that I will love her from my heart sir, salute to you sir.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be very helpful, well-reasoned, professional, practical and prompt. Very happy to interact with a Doctor from Nashik. Thanks for your professional advice. Will come back to you.
Dr ambekar counselled really well, he listened to all history and complains thoroughly, he talked for quite long time. Sir is really very experienced in this field. My experience is excellent in this clinic.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be knowledgeable. Doctor Your answer is 100% true...relation is depend upon the believe and faith.so please go ahead in your life and enjoy...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be professional, well-reasoned, knowledgeable and very helpful. I know size doesn't matter ...now i feel like professional..
Dr. M.S Ambekar provides answers that are well-reasoned. If my husband know that I'm taking contraceptive pills, he suffered me a lot... Is there any other suggestions???
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be knowledgeable, very helpful, thorough, well-reasoned and prompt. Share feedback in your own words...
In the realm of sexual relations, Incest is one of the longing social taboos. In order to curb this social taboo, many governments have introduced law banning incest. Basically, this is a sexual relationship between those who are blood-related, which is also called as Consanguineous relationship. This is also called as Genetic Sexual Attraction (GSA) which can be between siblings, half siblings, donor children, adoptees, biological mother and father, nephew and so on. This is a social evil, and experts have some remedies so that you can deal with genetic sexual attraction.
According to an article published in Spanish Magazine AFIN in July 2013, separation of siblings for quite a long time is one of the known causes for genetic sexual attraction. At the same time, the magazine points out that there are instances that even those who are not separated have this mania of genetic sexual attraction. Some of the other interesting aspects of GSA can be explained as follows:
It is said that children who grow in close proximity since their childhood develop reverse sexual attitude or imprinting with their siblings, parents and with other consanguineous relationships. This reverse sexual attitude actually suppresses sexual desire with consanguineous relationship. This theory is also called as Westermarck Effect. This can be the pointer to the question How to deal with Genetic Sexual Attraction because consanguineous relationship separated for years may not have the Westermarck Effect.
It is pointed out that when siblings who are separated for long duration of time are sexually mature when they meet each other. In other words, they were not members of the nuclear family, and this long absence can attract each other for a closer relationship. In addition to this, the siblings are biologically and mentally so grown up that they have made their own hard imprint of their character, taste and so on. It is a combination of these factors that makes them an exception to the Westermarck effect.
Symptoms of GSA:
Extreme awareness about the other person, hard desire to stay or talk, distractible behavior, unnecessary talking, holding hands or touching or making use of every opportunity to have some kind of physical contact, daydreaming are some of the known symptoms of GSA.
One of the ideal remedies for those suffering from GSA is to seek help of appropriate medical fraternity in the earliest possible time. This is one of the most ideal approaches to deal with genetic sexual attraction. It is also suggested that you should ensure that the siblings meet at regular intervals. This can help the siblings to have Westermarck Effect. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
An STD is transmitted by means of physical contact and intercourse. These diseases are caused by parasites, virus or bacteria. Usually, STDs are preventable provided you make the right choices concerning your sexual health. Refraining from sex isn’t a feasible idea at all.
But fortunately there are alternatives too to curb the menace that STDs are:
- Abstain: The most effective way to avoid STIs is to abstain from sex.
- Mutual monogamy: Two people who have sex only with one another don’t have any opportunity to bring a new STD into the relationship. If you and your partner have been tested and are healthy, remaining faithful to each other is a very good way to reduce your chances of contracting an STD.
- Get Vaccinated: One important prevention tool against STIs is vaccination. Currently, vaccines are available to protect against infection with HPV, hepatitis A and hepatitis B. Talk to a healthcare provider to see which vaccines might be recommended for you.
- Protect Yourself: Condoms work really well in stopping most STIs from being passed from an infected partner to another when they are used consistently and correctly every time a person has oral, vaginal or anal sex. Consistently and correctly means that a person makes sure they use a condom every time they have oral, vaginal or anal sex and put it on and use it the right way.
- Avoid alcohol and drug use: Avoiding alcohol and recreational drug use reduce the risk of contracting an STI, having an unwanted pregnancy, or being coerced to have sex. Alcohol and drug use can reduce our ability to make good decisions. It may also make us more likely to be talked into participating in an activity without being able to give our full consent.
Coping and Support
It's traumatic to find out you have an STI. You might be angry if you feel you've been betrayed or ashamed if there's a chance you infected others. At worst, an STI can cause chronic illness and death, even with the best care in the world.
Between those extremes is a host of other potential losses trust between partners, plans to have children, and the joyful embrace of your sexuality and its expression. If in doubt, don't hesitate to visit a skin specialist or a physician. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Our body and brain experience a considerable number of changes as we age. These are both physical and mental and influence each part of our lives. One zone where you will notice a huge distinction due to coming of age is sexuality and your sexual performance. Men and women will both undergo changes happening inside their bodies. For men, erectile dysfunction (ED) will turn out to be more normal. One may free the capacity to get and keep up an erection amid sex or find that his erection is not as hard as it used to be when he was young.
Stamina in bed is also likely to go down, and you might last much less than before. Women may feel libido loss and loss of sexual longing and dryness in the vagina. The vagina tends to get narrower with old age, and its walls become thin and stiff.
Sexual problems and decreased interest or performance spirit due to age happen because of the following factors:
- Arthritis: Joint aches and pain because of arthritis make you unable to be comfortable performing sex. Rest, showers, and changing the position or timing of sexual activity can be useful. Medicines or a surgery will help you get rid of this pain.
- Pain of any kind: Lasting pain of any nature affects your sexual performance. With old age, the body experiences pain due to different reasons and these hamper your sexual life. Medicines for these pains sometimes have side effects, which affect your sexual health.
- Cardiac diseases: Narrowing and solidifying of your arteries can change the blood vessels. This does not allow blood to flow smoothly. Men and women may have issues with having an orgasm. Men may experience difficulty with erections. When your heart is not working properly, you will never be able to perform in bed normally.
- Dementia: Dementia affected people become more sexually interested, but they cannot judge the nature of sexual behavior. Dementia patients lose all kinds of normal senses, but still tend to be sexually attracted to women.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is common among aged people. Diabetes affects your sex life and ED may be caused. Medical measures might fix this disorder. Diabetes inflicted women are likely to get yeast infections in the vagina. This causes irritation and you normally would not have the longing for sex.
Ageing may affect your sexual life and health in many ways, and you cannot change most of the factors.
It is important to beat the monotony of life with the right mix of adventure and passion and in order to do that we all have to be a little creative. At times, when sexual intercourse with your partner becomes a regular habit of practice, it soon turns out to be a little dull and loses the spark it once had. In fact, many relationships have fallen apart due to a lack of communication or physical intimacy, while sexually communing. In order to avoid the monotony, you would definitely need to spice things up.
Here are a few ways which you can adopt for a more satisfying and fulfilling relationship with your partner through sex:
- Get dressed for the occasion: One way in which you can increase the arousal levels in your partner is by getting dressed for the occasion. Get a nice and kinky outfit appropriate enough to sexually arouse your partner. In fact, a change in appearance has been widely recognized as a stimulant for better sex. After putting all the effort into your preparation, not only will you find your partner shocked with awe, you will also discover how much kinkier sex can be with the right outfit and appearance.
- Be in control: With the publication of certain books in recent times, a reservoir of kinky ideas was created and designed for people to dig in and gather all the information about kinkier sex they've been looking for. One of the most predominant ways in which you can spice things up is through the concept of domination and submission. In fact, you will find that when you assume control over the situation, your sexual encounters will be so much more promising and kinkier than ever before. Dominance is what turns on a lot of people.
- Blindfolding: Another way with which you can have kinkier sex is by blindfolding your partner. The act of blindfolding is an effective method to set the wheels in motion. When blindfolded, your vision is blocked, but all your senses are heightened, thereby transforming the sexual experience altogether.
- Sex Toys: There's really no harm in spending a little on fascinating sex toys available in the market. Sex toys, in fact, are a prerequisite for kinky sex. With the diverse range of products available these days, you could find just the right toy for a better and kinkier sexual experience.
Depression is one of those experiences when one may feel sad, lonely, dejected and discouraged. Doubt, anxiety and uncertainty crawl in so much so that they may lead to problems in decision making. A depressed person feels devoid of energy and the motivation to do anything at all seems to have disappeared.
Depression and some antidepressants curb sexual drive. This has a negative effect on the depression as sex releases 'happy hormones'. Thus, depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body.
So if depression is badly ruining your sex life, doing these will help big time:
- Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships.
- Having an open conversation with your partner is key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.
- Ask your doctor to adjust medication In cases where the antidepressant curbs libido, lowering or adjusting the drug dosage can be a solution to treat the depression without curbing sexual desire. Do not attempt to adjust your medication on your own. Your doctor may also change the drug to another that does not affect your sex drive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Erectile dysfunction is the failure to sustain the erection or stiffness of the male reproductive organ for a prolonged period of time. This is also called as impotence as the person will not be able to engage in intercourse of satisfactory level. Some males will not be able to achieve erection with full sexual desire or even with any stimuli from their partner. There are several psychological causes for this erectile dysfunction and the cause of every individual and treats accordingly.
How to overcome erectile dysfunction?
- Aswaganda: It is an effective treatment option for erectile dysfunction or any sexual problems that a man faces in their life. This herb works wonders for sexual disorders and has been in use since ancient period to improve the sexual desires.
- Massage: Regular massage of whole body with herbal oils will help to treat erectile dysfunction sooner. This rejuvenates the whole body and increases the physical strength for better sex.
- Drumstick: Boil handful of drumstick flower in one cup of milk and drink this mixture daily for at least two to three months. This helps to treat the erection problem for males.
- Carrot and honey: Mix half cup of chopped carrot with one half boiled egg and two teaspoon of honey. Taking this mixture on regular basis for one month’s treats erectile dysfunction.
- Ginger: Mix two teaspoon of ginger paste with two teaspoon of honey and eat this three times a day. This simple home remedy helps to cure erectile dysfunction in an easy way.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate juice is the best natural remedy for erectile dysfunction. Pomegranate is rich in antioxidants that help in improving the circulation of blood throughout the body and especially to the genital areas. This helps to maintain the erection for prolonged period of time.
- Saw palmetto: This herb is used for treating erectile dysfunction and also to improve the sperm count. Consuming this herb regularly helps to treat the erectile dysfunction.
- Proper gapping: Adequate gap between each intercourse is much important for sustaining the erection of penis. giving at least four days of gap after two consecutive intercourse is much essential. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Your sex life is one of the keys to a successful relationship. With passing time, your sexual relationship with your partner may start to fade and seem uninteresting.
Here are 4 tips which can help you can maintain a passionate sex life:
- Maintain overall intimacy: Regular good sex is important as it helps you to forget your daily hustle and bustle and end up in a different kind of world. Sexual intimacy is a key factor in living up your relationship. However, you should keep in mind that intimacy is not just confined to the bedroom. To maintain your spark, you must be intimate in other aspects of life as well with your partner. Preparing a meal together, dancing together, going for vacations enable to maintain intimacy in other sections instead of just the sex.
- Maintain a playful relationship: Always maintain a playful nature with your partner. Instead of pertaining to the bed, spice up your sex by choosing different locations. Indulging in sex on your rooftop under a full moon, or buying innovative, naughty sex toys allows you to gel better with your partner. Sex is enjoyed more when accompanied with laughter and fun.
- Communicate: Tell your partner about your sexual preferences. Mention what you like and what is not suitable for you. Getting comfortable with each other is the most vital aspect in maintaining continued passion in your sex life. If you are not totally at ease with your partner, you may never find yourself experimenting or trying new moves in bed. Moreover, your partner is your counterpart and your most trusted companion. Communication at the level of friendship is also very important.
- Try Something New: While you may have heard this advice many a times, there is nothing old or dated about it. Doing something new is actually a mantra to create more excitement in your sex life. The use of toys, and new places as well as some amount of role play for a touch of fun can actually heat things up between the couple. Try a new routine or whisk each other away for a romantic dinner date. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hello Dr. I want to know that ,I did sex with my boyfriend so many times ,and now I am not Virgin, but my marriage have been fixed with someone else, my questions is can I get back my virginity again ,please suggest me DR,
It is to be noted that a large chunk of a child’s genetic code is carried by the male procreation cell. Some other interesting facts about the male procreation cell, the sperm, are listed below:
- Diet affects a man’s sperms: A man’s daily diet plays a major role in the health of his sperm. The choice of food has a big impact on sperm. For example, a publication in The Journal of Biology and Reproduction, 2011, has shown that DHA (an Omega-3 essential fatty acid found in cod liver oil and salmon) aids in improving the morphology of the sperm. Increase in DHA levels can turn a sperm with a round head into a healthy sperm with a cone-shaped head and fill it with important enzymes that aid in egg-opening. Increase in levels of DHA also helps in improving sperm mobility. Another study has shown that men who consume an excess of 3 cups of coffee per day exhibit a reduction in concentration of the sperms as well as total sperm count along with poor quality of the sperm.
- Health of sperm can be improved by climaxing regularly: Production of semen is reduced due to irregular ejaculation or abstinence from sex.
- Wireless Technology is capable of damaging sperm: Recent studies have shown that laptops using Wi-Fi to connect to the internet damages sperm via non-thermal effects. Hence, scientists suggest that men should try to avoid keeping laptops on their laps directly and should keep their cell phones in places other than the pant pockets.
- Extra energy for penetrating the egg: The journey of a sperm is long and vigorous; an incredible amount of energy is needed to penetrate the ova. Naturally, there is a dearth of energy when the sperm finally reaches the ova. At this time, a stream of energy is provided because of a burst of progesterone from the female. This energizes the sperm, which in turn, helps in penetration of the egg.
- Protection: The immune system assumes that sperms are foreign invaders because they carry only half the DNA as compared to other cells. Hence, there are special protective cells present in the testicles that create a barrier which tends to attack the sperm cells.
- Life span: The publication of a study in Biology of Reproduction (1984) has stated that sperm cells, in appropriate conditions, have a life span of up to 5 days within a woman’s body.
- Negative impact of lifestyle choices on sperms: A number of studies have shown that men having habits such as smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, consuming caffeine and who are obese have hampered fertility. This has a negative effect on the health of a sperm. Men who frequently consume alcohol tend to exhibit poor sperm concentration and lowered sperm mobility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Premature ejaculation (PE) is uncontrolled ejaculation that occurs when a man experiences orgasm and expels semen soon after sexual intercourse. One out of the three men faces this problem. If this happens on a regular basis, then it is a cause of concern.
Characteristics of Premature ejaculation
Premature ejaculation can be Acquired (recent) or Chronic (lifelong).
1. Acquired PE: Acquired (recent) premature ejaculation means that the condition began in an individual who previously experienced an acceptable level of ejaculatory control and only recently has developed it.
2. Chronic PE: In chronic (lifelong) premature ejaculation, the person has been experiencing premature ejaculation since he became sexually active (ie, post puberty).
Causes of premature ejaculation:
The causes of PE can be divided into two broad sub-heads, which are biological or psychological causes:
- Biological Causes: A number of researchers have found differences in nervous stimulations and hormonal differences in men who experience premature ejaculation compared with individuals who do not. Some believe that some men have hyper-excitability or oversensitivity of their genitalia. Abnormal functioning of the ejaculatory system can be attributed to thyroid problems, infection or inflammation of the urethra or prostate, nerve damage occurring due to trauma or surgery (a very rare cause), abnormal levels of hormones and/or neurotransmitters (chemicals present in the brain).
- Psychological Causes: Premature ejaculation is believed to be a psychological problem and does not represent any known organic / physical disease involving the male reproductive organs or any known defect in the brain or nervous system. It is usually due to a pattern that is hard to change and is a result of your previous sexual experiences. One of the most common reason is childhood habit of reaching climax/ ejaculation quickly because of fear of discovery when masturbating or during early sexual experiences with a female partner. This pattern of rapid attainment of sexual release is difficult to change in later stage of life (in marriage or long-term relationships). Other reasons are situations in which one may have hurried climax/ ejaculation in order to hide any problem or feelings of guilt that make you rush through sexual encounters. Also, psychological causes include anxiety and relationship issues which can also result from deep anxiety about sex that relates to bad experiences encountered by the patient during development (eg: incest, sexual assault, conflict with parents, etc).
If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am recently married and suffering from PE. Which is happening before penetration. Hope you suggest me something .is there any remedy to have long lasting intercourse.
My name is Lakshmmi Aparna. My age is 30, my husband age is 35. I got my periods on March 4. I am trying to conceive for almost 9 months. My health is good. My medical reports also normal. Can you suggest me any fertility medicine for conception?
Mera bal vibah hua tha, tab mai 16 sal ka tha, ab meri problem ye hai ki merA penis chhotA hota ja raha or erect bhi sahi se nahi hota, mai week me 1-2 din hi sex kar pata hu. Please help.
Low libido or a decreased intimate activity can affect a relationship in a big way. In some extreme cases, the impact is such that it leads to irreconcilable marital discords. Time and again, an individual, irrespective of their age, sex or occupation can go through phases of low libido. Decreased sexual desire over a longer period of time needs thorough investigation.
It could be an indication of something big and serious lying ahead. 7 critical factors attributing to low libido
- Hormonal imbalance: Women, mostly menopausal and post menopausal, experience low libido. This is because during menopause, there is a significant drop in the oestrogen level. Reduced oestrogen level can have a huge impact on sexual desires and performance. It can also make the vagina dry, resulting in painful penetration and intercourse. Hormonal imbalance or changes during pregnancy can also result in low libido in females. In males, low libido has been found to be associated with decreased levels of testosterone.
- Stress: An individual's mental and emotional state is greatly reflected in their sexual performance. A sound mental health can enhance a performance thousand folds. On the contrary, factors like depression, anxiety and stress lowers the sexual desires in a person. To enjoy a healthy and normal sexual life, it is important to keep stress and chronically blue moods at bay.
- Sound sleep to the rescue: The benefits of a sound sleep are beyond imagination. A good 6- 8 hours of sleep can do your sexual desires or libido a world of good. A sleep deprived soul will be agitated and cranky, both on and off the bed. Continuous sleep deprivation can also lower the testosterone level, resulting in low libido.
- Medical ailemnts: Medical conditions like diabetes, cardiac problems, high blood pressure, or ailments of the coronary artery can rupture an individual's sexual life immensely. Improper functioning of the thyroid glands is another factor contributing to low libido. In such cases, it is best to consult a physician at the earliest. Rest Leg Syndrome can also contribute to low libido. It is a condition whereby a male experiences uncontrollable urge to move his legs.
- Smoking: A killer habit affecting a person's sexual activity is smoking. Drug abuse and drinking (to some extent) can be equally responsible for a low libido.
- Weight gain: A sudden change in body weight (gain or loss) can play a significant role in low libido. Take pride in your body structure. There is nothing to be ashamed of.
- Monotony: Boredom can mask your sexual life greatly. Break the monotony, take short breaks, go on vacations and low libido will be a thing of the past. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Sharing small joys of life with pleasure is important and satisfying the needs of your partner is even more important. Oral sex can be a satisfying experience if it is mutually well received and enjoyed. According to observations made on the basis of surveys, both males and females like oral sex as a part of foreplay, but would rather prefer to end a sexual activity in intercourse.
Women have been found to enjoy cunnilingus, but they tend to accustom themselves to the practice of fellatio as their male partners cherish it. Very few women seem to be turned on by the action of going down on their men. Irrespective of these reported instances, oral sex is highly pleasurable. The pleasure, however, is not devoid of the looming threat of Sexually Transmitted Infections. A certain facts about oral sex can keep you aware.
These facts will help you know more about oral sex:
- Oral sex is not as risky as vaginal or anal sex, but it surely does involve chances of infections. These infections can be transmitted through fluid exchange, direct contact of genital parts and genital skin or from one person's mouth to another's genitalia or the other way round.
- Bacterial infections transmitted through oral sex can result in Syphilis, Herpes, Gonorrhea or Chlamydia. HIV is a rare case, but a possible outcome nonetheless.
- The presence of open cuts and wounds in a person's mouth can lead to STIs (sexually transmitted infections). Infectious blood is exchanged during oral sex or even during kissing.
A few precautionary measures to keep threats at bay:
- Use a saran or a cling wrap before you attempt to excite your lady's vulva. A cling wrap is an inexpensive device available in any other medicine shop. It is basically a sheet of plastic used to cover the vaginal area before two people get started with cunnilingus.
- In case of fellatio, non-lubricated condoms are the best advised solution. A condom is very effective in keeping you safe from harmful bacteria.
- Dental dams can also make you actively take part in the process of ensuring safety. Dental dams are available in various flavors such as vanilla, grape and strawberry.
Oral Sex is most rewarding when it has no adverse effects on your health. Therefore, care should be taken to follow some preventive measures for your own good. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
In my previous health tip, featured here last time, I talked about what actually is Premature Ejaculation (PE) or early ejaculation, what is its actual condition and how is it defined. Today I will share some statistics, diagnosis, variants and causes of PE.
Statistics of PE:
- You are not alone! PE is a common sexual complaint.
- Estimates vary, but as many as 30-40% men across the world experience PE at some point in their lives.
- In US alone, about 60%-70% of people experience premature ejaculation. The National Health and Social Life Survey (NHSLS) indicate a prevalence of 30%, which is fairly spread across all adult age groups.
Diagnosis of PE:
As per DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition), the specific criteria for PE are as follows:
- In almost 75-100% sexual activities, the experience of ejaculation occurs within one minute of vaginal penetration.
- The problem of PE has persisted for at least six months
- The symptoms cause significant mental stress to the person
- It occurred due to a nonsexual mental disorder, a medical disease, effects of a drug or medication, etc.
Severity of PE:
The severity of PE or early ejaculation is broadly defined as follows:
- Mild: Occurring within 30 seconds to one minute
- Moderate: Occurring within 15-30 seconds
- Severe: Occurring even before sexual activity, at the start of it, or within 15 seconds of vaginal penetration
Even the severe form is not uncommon. Many times men approach the doctors with complaint that they are not able to penetrate the vagina. They ejaculate on minor physical stimulation and it occurs again and again. In such case, pregnancy will not be possible unless artificial insemination is used.
Types and characteristics of P.E.
PE can be Chronic or Acquired
Chronic (lifelong) PE is when the person has been experiencing it since he became sexually active (i.e., post puberty). Usually it is seen that PE starts occurring from the beginning of sexual activity, probably the first sexual intercourse or even on masturbation, when the discharge occurs early.
Acquired (recent) PE means that the condition began in an individual who previously experienced an acceptable level of ejaculatory control and had successful sexual escapades but only recently (couple of weeks to months) has developed the tendency to ejaculate early.
What causes P.E?
Not a particular cause is responsible for causing PE. However, the causes of PE can be divided into two broad sub-heads, which are psychological and biological cause:
PE is believed to be a psychological problem and does not represent any known defect in the brain or nervous system. Psychological causes behind PE may include a certain pattern that is hard to change as result
of your previous sexual experiences. They may arise from following:
- Atmosphere at Work or school
- Relationships with peer groups
- General attitude toward sex
- Any bad feelings about sex that relates to one or more bad experiences encountered
- Erectile dysfunction
- Performance anxiety, where men want to show a good performance of sexual act with the female partner.
Type of the relationship/sexual engagement (e.g., married/unmarried/live in relationship)
Sexual attitude or interest of the female partner
Early sexual experiences, like development of habit of reaching climax soon for pleasure or ejaculating quickly because of fear of being discovered by others when masturbating as teenagers or during early sexual experiences with female partner. This pattern of rapid attainment of sexual release is difficult to change in later stage of life during marriage or long-term relationships.
Last but not least, a situation in which you may have hurried climax/ejaculation in order to hide your problem from your female partner; or feelings of guilt that make you rush through sexual encounters.
Biological causes of PE:
Many scientists have questioned whether PE is purely psychological. A number of investigators have found differences in nervous stimulations and hormonal differences in men who experience PE as compared
to individuals who do not. Some believe that some men have hyper-excitability or oversensitivity in their genitalia, which is again not proven. So, among the biological causes of PE, the most common are:
- Abnormal functioning of the ejaculatory system
- Thyroid problems
- Infection or inflammation of the urethra or prostate
- Nerve damage occurring due to trauma or surgery (a very rare cause)
- Abnormal levels of hormones and/or neurotransmitters (which are chemicals present in the brain)
- Higher, free and total testosterone levels have been demonstrated in men with PE than in men without premature ejaculation. Recent article in a Chinese andrology journal showed that semen from men with PE contained significantly less acid phosphatase and alpha-glucosidase than the counterparts
- Another study found that many men with PE have low serum prolactin levels.
Somehow these biochemical markers play only a partial role in contributing to PE. Further research is needed. Abnormal functioning of the ejaculatory system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.
Certain diseases are fatal, thus, proper measures must be taken to ensure that once the symptoms have been confirmed, treatment must start immediately. Syphilis is one of the most communicable sexually transmitted diseases. If left untreated, Syphilis can be fatal.
It can lead to heart disease, brain damage and blindness. A woman infected with Syphilis can also pass it on unknowingly to her baby, if she suffers from the disease during her pregnancy. Syphilis can be easily treated, but if left too late, the antibiotics that treat it cannot reverse the damage caused by Syphilis.
Syphilis can be tested by:
- A blood test: In most cases, a simple blood test can confirm the presence of Syphilis by showing signs of the antibodies used to fight it.
- Testing the fluid from the sores: This is usually done in the case of primary or secondary Syphilis when sores are present on the patient's skin. Looking at a scraping of the sore under a microscope can be used to diagnose Syphilis if it shows the presence of the Syphilis bacteria.
- Testing cerebrospinal fluid: This is performed only in extreme cases of Syphilis where the disease may have caused complications with your nervous system. The earlier Syphilis is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat.
Syphilis is usually treated with antibiotics amongst which penicillin is the most preferred. If you've had Syphilis for less than a year, a single injected dose of penicillin can stop the disease from progressing. You may need additional doses if you have been suffering from Syphilis for more than a year. Penicillin is also the only antibiotic that can cure Syphilis and suits pregnant women as well. If you have been diagnosed with Syphilis during pregnancy, your baby should also be treated for it.
When undergoing treatment for Syphilis, here are a few other points to keep in mind:
- Abstain from oral, vaginal and anal sex until the sores have healed
- Get blood tests at regular intervals for at least a year after treatment
- Get tested for an HIV infection
- Fevers, nausea, headaches and chills are normal side effects associated with Syphilis treatment
- If you are allergic to penicillin, let your doctor know so that you can be given an alternative antibiotic
- If you have a lesion around your mouth, Syphilis can even spread through kissing another person
The good news is that once you've been cured of Syphilis, it does not recur. However, it is recommended to always use protection while having intercourse and abstain from sexual activities if your partner suffers from Syphilis.
One of the major sexual complaints both men and women would have is that the act does not last long. For most of them, there is a constant (sometimes untold) wish to prolong their contribution to the sexual act. The male often feels this more strongly than the females. The length of the sexual act often is decided by the males (in general). However, there are a number of males with an undisclosed problem of premature ejaculation. While there could be underlying medical problems that could be contributing to this, very often, it is not the case. There are very simple measures which are proven to be highly effective in making sex last longer. Read on to know more.
Eat right: While it may not be very evident, it is very important to eat right. Eat natural, wholesome, healthy foods which boost serotonin levels in the brain. This improves the psychological well-being and makes one feel good. Needless to say, that does reduce stress and lead to good sex. Eggs which contain cholesterol increase the amount of testosterone and improve performance.
Smoking: Quit smoking, as it is one of the main causes of premature ejaculation, which kills the whole act. Abstain from smoking and see the difference for yourself, though this is not the only change you will see.
Kegel exercises: One of the best ways to make sex last longer is the Kegel exercise, which allows a man to control the contractions of the penis. This can be done anytime anywhere. Start practice by contracting and releasing the pelvic floor muscles (which are the muscles used to stop the flow of urine halfway through). As you near ejaculation, try this exercise and ejaculation would be controlled. Controlling these muscles are useful in delaying ejaculation and prolonging the duration of sex.
Breathing during sex: While sex is portrayed as making one go breathless, learning to breathe during the act can go a long way. Focusing on breathing and the actual sensation improves performance and satisfaction levels.
Masturbation: This is a double-edged sword. For some men, it can reduce the sensation in the penile tip and so help prolong the act. For some others, it might kill the desire and make them not want the act. Try and see if it works for you.
Desensitizing the penis: An extra-sensitive tip often leads to premature ejaculation, reducing the duration of the sexual act. Condoms and/or desensitising creams can help manage this problem.
Medical conditions: If you have medical conditions causing this, have these checked and corrected.
Also, don’t fret too much. In many instances, performance anxiety is the most important contributor, and not worrying about it sometimes becomes the solution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.