Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Nashik and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. JyotiYour feedback matters!
Cleaning your refrigerator can be the difference between good health and bad health. Most of the times, you may neglect cleaning inside your fridge or just randomly stock up your fridge without organizing the food in correct compartments. Unclean refrigerator can contribute to spoilage of food and drinks due to an unhygienic environment. Following are the reasons why keeping your fridge will make you healthy:
- Prevent growth of bacteria: Cleaning your fridge is of vital importance to prevent the growth of bacteria or any other virus. An unclean refrigerator can induce growth of parasites thereby increasing the risk of food poisoning and other problems. Fermentation or frequent curdling of milk products can be a sign of an unclean fridge. Make sure you clean your fridge regularly to avoid contamination of your food.
- Organization of foods: Storing the foods in correct compartments can actually keep them fresh for a long time. It is wise to organize the storage of your foods in a way so that the ones which are highly perishable are kept in the coldest area. Keep milk products, vegetables and poultry in separate places to avoid food spills. Make sure you store the foods in proper containers so that they don't drip and mix with other food.
- Get rid of expired or rotten food: Cleaning the refrigerator on a regular basis can help you get rid of expired foods and rotten vegetables. It often happens that food gets spoilt inside the fridge due to lack of temperature control, improper storage or simply because it was left inside for a long time. It is best to check the contents of your fridge routinely and get rid of any food which gives out a stink or has changed color in ordered to keep the other foods in good condition.
- Temperature control: Make sure you control the temperature of your refrigerator from time to time according to the storage requirements of the foods. Lack of temperature control can make your fridge a breeding ground for harmful bacteria and viruses. Milk products and meat have certain storage requirements therefore temperature control is recommended to prevent spoilage and allows you to use food in the proportion required and store the rest.
Please suggest me what is the best time for sex without protection. Before,during and after periods. Which never cause a chances of pregnancy?
I am new married couple so when I got a safe sex in after my partner period time in a month pls give me a right suggestion or a lady period time then I m free of pregnancy.
The menopause can take three very different routes for women. There are those who sail through it with very few symptoms or problems and don't even notice that their ovaries have stopped producing the hormone. Then there are those for whom it is a matter of a few hot flushes and a couple of night sweats, doesn't last long and not really a bother. This usually marks a relief from the periods. But for some it is abject misery accompanied with crippling fatigue, absolute exhaustion, hot flushes, vaginal drying, mood swings along with low desire or lack of sexual feelings. These symptoms might persist for more than 7 years.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is considered to be an effective treatment for menopausal symptoms. The other problems linked with menopause can also be influenced by HRT in a positive manner.
HRT is indicated in:
- Treatment of symptoms of menopause and the risk benefit ratio is apt for the women and they have been informed about the same
- For women who are around 51 years and are reaching menopause even though they are asymptomatic
- In women who are at the risk of osteoporotic fractures and are under 60 years and the non-estrogen treatments cannot be given
- HRT is not recommended in women who are above 60 years
Benefits of HRT:
The benefits of HRT usually are more than the risk if done in a woman who is under 60 years of age.
- Improvement in quality of life by relieving muscle pains and improving sleep
- The mood swings are controlled and low moods are usually alleviated by HRT. Low moods usually arise due to menopause.
- It reduces the vasomotor symptoms, usually within four months of the treatment with maximum benefit in three months
- HRT improves the urogenital symptoms by lowering the vaginal dryness, vaginal atrophy, urinary frequency and symptoms.
- HRT reduces the risk of osteoporosis. HRT is believed to preserve the bone mass density of the skeletal sites thus reducing the chances of vertebral and nonvertebral fractures.
- HRT also reduces the risk of colorectal cancer and cardiovascular diseases
Risks of HRT:
The main risks of HRT are stroke, endometrial and breast cancer, thromboembolic disease, pulmonary embolism and gallbladder disease. Though other risks are:
- It increases the risk of ischemic stroke
- There is a small risk associated with breast cancer and the risk increases more, if the woman is underweight or overweight, alcohol user, smoker and stops HRT suddenly
- Estrogen only HRTs can increase the risk of endometrial cancer. If cyclical progestogen is used for 10 days for 28 cycles then the risk is eliminated.
At times being able to conceive becomes a challenge due to certain biological reasons. Feeling positive and eating healthy naturally takes you a step nearer to getting pregnant. In case of no medical condition acting as an obstruction, consuming the right food can increase your chances of getting pregnant.
Here’s a list of supplements you can include in your diet to maximise your chances of getting pregnant.
1. Choose whole grains over refined carbohydrates: Reducing the intake of refined carbohydrates (found in milk, potatoes, corn to name a few) can reduce inflammation of the genitals, which will help increase fertility. You can still continue to have your favourite foods, but ensure they are low GI (glycaemic index- a figure used to represent the ability of carbohydrate to increase glucose in blood) carbohydrates.
You can consume whole grains, which help in reducing insulin levels that in turn reduce the risk of heart diseases and diabetes and also help lower cholesterol levels. Try having whole grain bread instead of white bread and porridge instead of sugary processed cereals to reduce your GI ingestion.
2. Harness the power of Proteins: Proteins are an important part of your diet and the type of proteins you require careful consideration as they help make new hormones. Try having 25gms of vegetable protein like seeds, legumes and nuts instead of animal protein.
Add dairy foods to your diet as they are also a rich source of protein. They provide vital minerals and nutrients like magnesium, calcium and vitamin B12 to the body and at the same time are low in calories. Include milk, yoghurt and cottage cheese to your meals so that you have a minimum of three servings of dairy products a day, which is essential to meet your nutritional needs and increase your chances of having a baby.
3. Welcome Good Fats: Processed foods, fatty meats and takeaways are high in saturated fats including trans fats. These lead to inflammation and an increase of oxygen free radicals in the body, which decrease fertility. So, incorporate good fats in your diet in controlled quantities. Try having avocado and tomato on a whole grain toast, for instance.
4. Make folate an integral part of your diet: Folate is an essential nutrient that helps in decreasing the incidence of birth defects in babies, while ensuring a healthy conception. Along with the prescribed supplements, try to increase its intake in its natural form. The best way to do this is by having green leafy vegetables, which are a rich source of folate. You can also have veggie sticks and vegetable soup along or green vegetable dishes to increase your folate intake. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Happy birthday to all. Bcoz you going to start a new life from tomorrow
Diet and workout is a key to success.
Eat frequent meals
Avoid junk food
Drink 3-5lts of water a day
Switch to healthy snacks like nuts, dry fruits etc
Tried to start your day with lime and honey 1tsp with water in empty stomach
Breakfast focus on carbs and healthy fats. Eg oats n almonds with a glass of milk, can add egg for protein
Before lunch drink juice any or a apple
Focus on sandwich with fruit for lunch. If possible prepare at home
Snacks eat healthy mentioned above.
Finally dinner. Tried to eat less food and 1st glass of milk n alot of water. So your stomach fill.
Workout. Cardio is best with little weight training.
Regular diet n workout if your willing to see result.
Nothing comes in a night. Wait wait wait.
Ma'am I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 27 August and she took I pill (ecp) after 6 hours. After 4 days I.e. On 1st September she started bleeding and she blessed for four days. Now after 21 days of intercourse, we did 4 home urine pregnancy test which were on 18 September, 25 September, 2 October and 9th October. A all the results were NEGATIVE. We even did a bhcg test on 18th October, the results were <1.2 miU/mL. Then she started bleeding from 23 October to 29th October. This month also, The bleeding started day before yesterday I.e. On 23rd Nov. My question is can we rule out pregnancy now but she is having cold, severe stomach pain and feels like vomiting this time. Please help.
Till 6 months I gave breastfeeding. Still continuing to give. Bt can I feed my baby girl Amul milk if no why?
I am on my 8th month of pregnancy and lifted a very heavy stuff after which I got a very sharp pain in my lower left abdomen. I then tried to lie down on bed and the pain went away in a minute. I still can feel the same pain whenever I move my body are stand up to walk. Don't know what has happened to my body after lifting that object. But yeah there's no blood discharge or watery discharge and things like that. But still m' having this pain in walking. It's been around 5 hours now What should I do for this pain?
Hello Doctor, main ap se ek salah lena chahta hu ki meri wife Coper T lagwane ke liye nahi manti hai. Waise to main pregnancy ko avoid karne ke liye condom use krta hu. But main jan na chahta hu ki Copper T ko use karne se ladies ko sex ke time ya normal daily routine jaise ke ghar ke kaam me koi problem aati hai? And kya yeh fact hai ki Copper T use karne se wife pregnant nahi hogi? Please help me and advice.
Iam 50 years Old and my wife is 44 years old we got married 2years back and planning to have a baby, my sperm count is very low and my wifes AMH level is also very low please suggest us good medicine so that my wife conceives.
The thought of undergoing a major surgery worries most people as they stress about the possible surgical complications, outcomes of the procedure or just get scared with the idea of getting an incision. But, following a few simple steps before the surgery may enable you to not only lessen your fears but also accelerate the recovery process.
Here are some of the most effective tips to prepare yourself in a way that ensures a stress-free surgical procedure.
1. Acquire knowledge about the surgery beforehand: Keep yourself thoroughly informed about the surgical procedures you will undergo. Ask your surgeon about the time required for complete recovery, your stay at the hospital, hygiene standards of the hospital etc. Also, talk about the surgical complications that you may experience and the measures to be taken from your side to deal with them.
2. Inform the doctor about your prevalent health issues: Talk to your doctor if you are suffering from any medical conditions currently like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, arthritis etc. Also inform him if you are under any kind of medications or allergic to any particular drug.
3. Enquire about the types of anaesthesia available: Knowing about your anaesthesia choices always help you prepare better for an operation. While some surgery requires specific types of anaesthesia for other you can decide whether you want a local, regional or general anaesthesia. Local anaesthesia is used for affecting a small area while the regional one is used for numbing a larger part and general, your entire body.
4. Be prepared to deal with the post-surgery pain: You might experience post-surgery pain depending on the type of procedure followed. Ask your doctor for suggestions on the type of medicines you should do to curb this pain. Generally, most doctors recommend drugs, hot or cold therapy, massage etc.
5. Look for a caregiver in advance: You will require some support and care after the surgery while you recover. Seek the help of your family and friends in this regard and ensure that someone can stay with you for at least a day after you return from the hospital.
6. Follow the pre and post surgery instructions given by the doctor: Follow all the instructions given by the doctor regarding the kind of diet to be followed, restriction from consuming certain things like alcohol or any other lifestyle changes required to keep you healthy before and after the surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.