Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Nashik and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Atul SonawaneYour feedback matters!
Sir I m aashish jain my mother is have eye problem I go many doctor with her bt no one do better wth there eyes please give me proper ans. For my problem. My mobile no. Is 9461839091.
What are the total number of reason for pain in eyes. Suddenly from four five days my eyes are paining when I drive long. I have no specs.
2 days back in the morning got up with a swollen right upper eyelid and cheeks on right side only. No pain or discomfort in the eye. Went to a doc he gave me the following Ivepred, LCZ, Topicid and asked to avoid sunlight. I have never had this no asthma what could this? I had home cooked fish last night and I hv had that before. Could it be a good allergy I also had sprouts. I am. Fine now with just 10% swelling left and I want to resume my swimming classes is tht a problem?
Hello, I am Vivek and I am 24. Back 2 days my left eye have become red and when I blink it itches me alot. I wear contact lens regularly since from 5 years. But till today I didn't happen this to me.
I am very thin and want to get healthier and stronger. What should I do to be healthy and strong. I also have pain in my eyes sometimes. Is it because of poor eyesight or head problems?
I have eye pain What should I do, presently I am using eye drops Symptoms: 1) Sandy or gritty feeling as if some thing is in the eye 2) dragging sensation 3) pulling sensation of eye 4) there is no tears even while cutting onion 5) decreased tolerance of reading working on phone, computer or any activity that requires sustained visual attentions 6) eye burns when using mobile or watching TV.
My eye sight has been increasing now it became near to -4 I can't see anything clearly without specs I am worried because of this I may not eligible for government job what should I do now?
I have red eyes for many days what should I do my friend also have problems like this what should I do.
Dear Sir I am sufferings from migration for many years I feel problem to see from my eyes during this. please sujjest me solution for this.
Astigmatism is a typical vision problem that occurs when the shape of the cornea is distorted due to injuries or other causes. With astigmatism, the lenses of the eye or the cornea curves. This irregular curve can change the way light refracts or passes through your retina. This causes hazy, fluffy, or twisted vision. Farsightedness and partial blindness are two different sorts of issues with the way light goes to your retina. Farsightedness is called hyperopia. Partial blindness is called astigmatism.
Types: There are two types of Astigmatisms. These are:
- Corneal astigmatism: It happens when your cornea itself is distorted.
- Lenticular astigmatism: Lenticular astigmatism happens when your lens is distorted.
Risks: Astigmatism can happen in youngsters and grown-ups. Your danger of creating astigmatism might be higher if you have any of the following:
- A family history of astigmatism or other eye issues like dislocation of the cornea.
- Scarring or diminishing of your cornea
- Excessive partial blindness, which makes foggy vision at a separation
- Excessive farsightedness, which makes hazy close-up vision
- A past of eye surgeries, for example, cataract surgery (surgical expulsion of a blurred focal point)
Symptoms: The side effects of astigmatism include:
- Hazy, Bended, Or Fluffy Vision At All Separations (Close-Up And Far Away)
- Trouble seeing during evening
- Lazy eye
- Irritation in the eye
- Cerebral Pains
- Visual Acuity Assessment Test: Patients are required to read letters from a graph at a particular distance to decide how well they can see the letters.
- Refraction Test: A refraction test uses a machine called an optical refractor. The machine has various remedial glass lenses that are used to read an outline while looking through lenses on the optical refractor.
- Keratometry: Keratometry is a route for your specialist to measure the bend of your cornea. They will do this by taking a look at your eye through a keratometer.
- Corrective Lenses: Remedial eyeglasses and contact lenses prescribed by a specialist are the most well-known and least obtrusive solution for astigmatism.
- Orthokeratology: Orthokeratology is a treatment that uses contact lenses to correct the deformation and flow of your cornea. You will wear inflexible contact lenses for certain time-periods. It is easier to wear them while you are sleeping and remove them during the day.
Surgery: Your specialist may suggest refractive surgery if your case is a serious one. This kind of surgery includes use of lasers or little blades to reshape your cornea. This will correct astigmatism permanently. The three basic surgeries for astigmatism are:
- Laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)
- Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK)
- Spiral keratotomy (RK).
All these surgeries might carry some risks depending upon the symptoms of your problem. As innovation advances, it is very important for the patient to explore more options before choosing which refractive surgery is a good fit for him or her. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.
जब भी मैं मोबाइल पर देखना शुरु करता हूं मेरी आंखों में दर्द होने लग जाता है और 10 सेकंड में हो जाता है और बहुत तेज स्पीड के साथ में बढ़ता जाता है और करीब आधे मिनट के अंदर अंदर मेरे सिर में भी तेज दर्द होने लगता When I start look on mobile. Then pain start in my eyes within 10 second and increasing very heavy pain in my head.
Hello sir/madam Myself Abhishek, 23 years old From last 3 days I am experiencing a itch in my eye, so I used to rub Everytime, and also tears generating only the infected right eye. Today I discovered that a small puss building up on one side of my right eye corner. Why is it caused .any immediate care should be taken? Please advise with a medicine immediately. Many Thanks.
I m a student. And I very sincere. I studied twenty hours a day. I hve eye problem. Please give me suggestion.
Cataract can be defined as the clouding of the natural lenses in the eyes. This is caused by the clumping of protein in the eye lens. Cataract is a common eye disorder and the leading cause of loss of vision in people who are past their fortieth birthday. Cataract can occur in one or both eyes. When diagnosed properly, cataract can be treated with surgery to prevent blindness.
Depending on where and how they develop, there are many types of cataract. The most common amongst these are:
- Subcapsular cataract: These occur at the back of the eye lens. Diabetic patients are very susceptible to this kind of cataract.
- Nuclear cataract: Yellowish-brown cataract that form in the center of the lens are called nuclear cataract. This is usually seen in cataract caused by ageing.
- Cortical cataract: Cataract in the lens cortex are known as cortical cataract. These are wedge shaped and whitish in color. Spokes protruding out of these opaque wedges can be seen moving towards the center of the eye.
- Congenital cataract: Though they are not common, babies can also have cataract. Cataract formed at birth or within the first year of a baby's birth are known as congenital cataract.
- Secondary cataract: Cataract is one of the known side effects of diabetes and glaucoma. Some steroids and medicines are also linked to cataract.
- Traumatic cataract: If your vision becomes cloudy years after an eye injury, it could be a traumatic cataract. It can take several years for this to happen.
- Radiation cataract: Exposure to radiation can also lead to cataract. This is seen sometimes in patients who have undergone radiation therapy to fight diseases like cancer.
Though the type of cataract might differ from person to person, the symptoms are usually the same. Some of the common symptoms of cataract are:
- Blurred vision
- Reduced night vision
- Increased sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing halos around lights
- Colors appearing faded
- Double vision
A reading test is the first step towards diagnosing cataracts. This is followed by tests to measure the eye pressure. Your doctor will also need to dilate the pupil to check the condition of the optic nerves and retina.
Surgery is the safest way to remove a cataract. Surgery is usually recommended when cataract begin inhibiting your daily life such as preventing you from driving, interfering with reading etc.
In most cases, this can be done as an outpatient procedure. The earlier it is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat. Hence, if you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above, get your eyes checked at once. The surgery is a day-care surgery only, so a person can go home the same day.