Doctor in Sai Care Hospital
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Sai Care HospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Amit has a very good understanding of patient's conditions and diseases and he takes extra efforts to address them. Wonderfully cordial and gentle approach with sound knowledge.
Very good doctor. My family member was on ventilator for 18 days and thanks to Dr. Amit that he is alive today. Very caring doctor
Each person has his own individual bathroom habits and it is totally his/ her personal lifestyle that dictates their regular bowel movement. However, having a bowel movement fewer than 3 times in a week would be deemed as constipation and there can be a host of reasons leading to unhealthy poop. Thankfully, there are some foods which can help you have healthy poop without troubling your bowels and some of them are:
- Dried plums: This dry fruit is not just famous for their delicious taste but also for the fact that they contain high amounts of fiber. Fiber is a nutrient that helps in increasing the bulk of the poop and aids them to move along the intestine. Prunes or dried plums are also known to contain fermentable sugars, sorbitol, and fructans which together create a laxative effect.
- Kiwi: There is hardly any individual who doesn’t like kiwis. And the good thing is that kiwis contain a high amount of fiber which keeps the digestive tract clear. It is also rich in vitamin C and antioxidants which make a cupful of kiwi essential to everyday diet.
- Popcorn: It is not just a wonderful afternoon snack but can increase the daily intake of fiber in the diet. It is recommended by experts to replace the evening potato chips with popcorns that would help the body in different ways including easy bowel movement.
- Water: This is quite obvious as water is critical to keep you hydrated and help the poop move easily through the intestine. An individual who is even a bit dehydrated would have harder poop which becomes difficult to pass. It is therefore very important to drink 8 to 10 glassful of water every day.
- Flaxseeds: If someone can manage to eat a tablespoon of ground flaxseeds in a day, then the body gets 2 grams of fiber. This may sound inadequate, but it really helps in bowel movement. The best thing about flaxseeds is that one can add them in yoghurt, smoothie, salads or evening snacks. It is important to note here that one should not eat flaxseeds as a whole as the human digestive system is not able to digest it. It is important to either ground it or purchase them pre-ground to reap the benefits of flaxseeds.
- Oranges: Having a large, juicy orange in place of a glassful of orange juice can aid the digestive tract to pass the stool. One big orange can offer 4 grams of fiber in exchange of 86 calories. Plus, it is known to contain flavonols which help in treating constipation.
- Oatmeal: The best thing about oatmeal is that equal amounts of soluble and insoluble fibers. The function of insoluble fiber is to add bulk to the stool and help in passing it out quickly while the work of the soluble fiber is to dissolve in the water for formation of a gel-like substance making it easier to pass.
Try these foods today to have a healthy stool and eliminate problems of constipation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Cotton swabs or cotton buds, are commonly used in our daily lifestyle. Many people use it for various purposes, such as make-up, bacterial culture, and most commonly for extracting wax and debris from the ear. Even though they are sometimes handy in our busy schedule, they usually cause much more harm than benefits.
How are they misused?
Cotton buds are toothpick like pieces made of wood, plastic, or rolled paper, which have cotton stuck at both ends with a roundish edge. It came into existence during the 1920s for a safe purpose of ear cleaning by Leo Gerstenzang, when he saw his wife cleaning their baby’s ear with a toothpick. They are until now used by the general population for ear cleaning, but these hardly remove the outer debris which are stuck near the outer edges. Impressing it inside the ear canal only does further damage, by forcing the inner wax further inside Sometimes extensive force also causes damage to the ear drums.
How does it cause the damage?
Applying a tool like the cotton bud inside the ear with hands usually creates a force that impresses upon the eardrum, also accumulating the surrounding earwax to that area, resulting in impaction of the wax. The force applied most often, if not always, causes a damage to the ear drums, which might cause severe pain, also leading to leakage, causing improper balance, deafness, and certain similar abnormalities.
Although we are worried about cleaning our ears, it doesn’t really require our notice, since our usual showers allow an adequate quantity of water to enter the ears and clean the accumulated debris automatically. The structure, in which our ear canal is designed, is usually naturally assisting in cleaning up the unusual wax around the ear.
If there is an uncontrollable build up of earwax that is not cleaned off normally, you can always consult an ENT or any general physician and get it cleaned under medical surveillance, which is best advised.
Doctors and medical practitioners all around the world have been trying to spread the message of preventing the use of cotton buds for ear cleaning. It is important that the message reach the greater part of the population. Spread it to your family, your closest friends, their friends, and as further, you can reach!
Paracetamol is one of the most commonly consumed medicine to deal with minor pain, body ache, headache, fever etc. It can also be used for getting temporary relief from arthritis pain. This is readily available over the counter and can be obtained without a prescription. The dosage is available in the form of syrup, powder, solution, tablet, suspension, suppository etc.
Considerations to make before consuming paracetamol:
The risk of the medicine must be considered before consuming it. The health care professional should be reported for any allergy related problems. For a person facing allergy, one should carefully read the label before consuming it. Interaction of 2 paracetamol can prove to be fatal sometimes. The dosage, therefore, of these medicines should be consulted with the doctor. This being said, there are certain medicines which act best when they are consumed together. The outcome of the effect is based on the disease one is facing. The effectivity of this medicine can get influenced if the patient has a history of abusing alcohol, suffered from liver and kidney diseases in the past etc.
Proper use of paracetamol:
Paracetamol should be consumed with care. Prolonged consumption can damage the liver. The maximum dosage of this medicine should not exceed 3k milligrams in a day. This can be consumed before or after the consumption of food. Paracetamol in the form of syrup should be shaken well before use. There should be a minimum time span of 4-6 hours between two dosages of paracetamol. In the case of a missed dosage, the medicine should be taken as early as possible. It does not prove to be fatal in case a dosage is missed. Finally, it should be ensured that paracetamol is stored at room temperature and freezing is avoided.
It is of utmost importance to check the progress of the patient in case one is consuming paracetamol. During the process of consuming paracetamol, symptoms such as dark urine, stomach ache, nausea, weakness etc should be immediately reported to the stomach. For patients suffering from diabetes, any drastic change in the blood sugar level due to the consumption of paracetamol should be immediately reported to the doctor.
Certain rare side-effects of paracetamol include lower back pain, bruising, fever, cloudy urine, tarry stools, yellowish skin, bruising, skin rash, itching etc. Some common symptoms of overdosage of paracetamol include increased sweating, tenderness, swelling and pain in the lower abdomen area, vomiting and nausea, diarrhea, appetite loss, increased thrust etc. If any of these symptoms are faced during the consumption of paracetamol are reported, a healthcare professional should be immediately consulted to avoid any further complication. Frequent usage should also be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
The gall bladder is a very small organ located behind the liver. This organ stores the bile created by the liver and releases it whenever needed. We rarely pay attention to this organ until there is a problem and most gallbladder related problems are very painful. Unknowingly you may be harming your gall bladder by eating certain types of food like red meats and saturated fats. On the other hand, eating some types of food can improve your gall bladder health. Some such foods are:
- Fiber-rich foods: Fruits and vegetables are rich sources of fiber and a must in a balanced diet. Fiber helps keep the gall bladder healthy and also helps prevent gallstones from developing. An easy way to add more fibre to your diet is to incorporate a salad with your lunch and dinner.
- Water: Water not only helps hydrate the body but also helps maintain the water levels required in bile. Ideally, a person should drink 8 glasses of water a day. This should not all be drunk at one time but should be spaced out through the day. Drinking too much water at one time will result in the body expelling it in the form of urine instead of absorbing it.
- Foods rich in Pectin: Pectin is a dietary fiber that binds cholesterol in the stomach and helps in its removal from the body. Since cholesterol is one of the major causes for gall stones, eating pectin-rich foods helps reduce the risk of gallstones. Some foods that are rich in pectin include citrus fruits, strawberries and apples.
- Flaxseeds: Eating just one tablespoon of flax seeds a day can boost your health in a number of ways. One of the many benefits of including flaxseeds in your diet is a healthy gall bladder. Flax seeds contain mucilaginous fiber or fiber that forms a gel. This type of fiber aids in the liver’s synthesis of bile acids and thus keeps the gall bladder healthy.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Not all fats are bad for the body. Omega three fatty acids play an important role in producing anti-inflammatory compounds. Some rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids include olive oil, avocados and flax seeds.
- Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits are very rich in vitamins like vitamin C. a deficiency of this particular vitamin can cause gall stones. For this reason, eat plenty of citrus fruits and other fruits and vegetables such as bell peppers and broccoli that are rich in vitamin C. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.