Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
Mckinzie Treatment For Spine
Arthritis and Pain Management
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (Tens)
Back Pain Treatment
Pain Management Counseling
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia
Cancer Pain Management
Headache is one of the most common maladies which refers to a pain sensation in the head. It may itself be an ailment or may be the symptom of any other illness. Headaches can last for a short time or may persist up to several weeks depending on its cause or type. Many reasons can trigger headache.
The following are eight reasons why you might get that headache
- Stress: Physical stress or emotional stress can be identified as one of the most common causes for your headache. Tension, anxiety and depression may trigger a headache. This is also known as tension headache. In this condition, the muscles of your scalp, neck, face and jaw tighten, thus causing pain. Fatigue may also lead to this type of headache.
- Eye problems: Sometimes eye problems may be the cause of your headache. Diseases such as glaucoma can cause headache. Straining your eyes for seeing distant objects or glaring at your computer screen for long can also result in headache.
- Eating and sleeping pattern: Change in eating and sleeping pattern can also cause headache. Inadequate sleep or caffeine withdrawal can give you terrible headache sometimes.
- Ear, nose or throat disorders: Ear, nose or throat problems can also give rise to headache. Sinus caused by cold or infection, tonsillitis or throat infections can also prompt a headache.
- Medication: Excessive use of medication can be a factor responsible for your headache. This is also known as rebound headache.
- Dental problems: Jaw or dental problems sometimes may trigger a mild headache which can turn severe also. The alignment of lower and upper jaw, tooth decay may be some of the causes for headache.
- Hormonal problems: Sometimes a decline of your estrogen levels can also be a reason for your headache.
- Bad posture: Sometimes, poor posture may strain the muscles of your back and neck, triggering a headache.
Headache can be very annoying. Sometimes pain relief medicines help in controlling headache, but consuming them regularly may affect your health. You must consult a doctor in order to get your headache treated in a proper manner.
A small piece of bone is known as a fragment and it is very common that an avulsion fracture also tends to damage the protrusions of bone to which the tendons attach. This basically means that the tendon or ligament will come away from the bone and it will take a small piece of bone with it. It is sometimes very hard to find out what type of injury you have and this is why knowing the causes and symptoms of an avulsion fracture are very helpful in determining exactly how severe the injury is.
Here are the causes of an avulsion fracture:
- Explosive landing: Athletes who tend to jump or land with great impact tend to get these most commonly. Therefore, it is crucial for your health that if you participate in such sports, you do follow the correct method of jumping.
- Explosive extension: Similar to how an athlete landing ferociously can get an avulsion fracture, someone who is extending the legs very violently and explosively during an exercise can also get an avulsion fracture. This is because the bone getting extended could very well damage the protrusions to which the tendons are attached.
These are the two main causes of an avulsion fracture. There are not many symptoms of an avulsion fracture. This is because an avulsion fracture can only be determined by an MRI or by an X-ray scan. Therefore it is nearly impossible to diagnose that you have an avulsion fracture without looking at the results of the tests performed on the part of your body. However, the way you got the fracture and especially the details of it are very good indications of whether you have an avulsion fracture or not.
I'm suffering from headache and cold and a little bit cough. Can you suggest me something to cure it?
Having pain in the back of my heels. Pains mostly when I wake up. Pain subsides after 1st few minutes. What should I do to stop it?
I have continuous back pain, I have done mri xray everything but it did not work, when ever I change my body posture my gets sudden pain then it becomes ok after some time, plzz tell me solution.
I have done all the checkups and every thing is normal but I usually feel weak and sleepy the whole day long, even after having a proper sleep and diet. I suffer from chronic headaches very often and every other week I suffer from cold and cough also. Can you please suggest what all should I do to get over all this? Like some foods to be included in my diet or some exercise? Any vitamin tablets or so? Thankyou!
I am suffering from headache since last 2 years unable to concentrate in any of the things. So please tell me the solution for my issue.
Hi am a volleyball player. Everyday I practised and finally I get too much legs bone pain too much I couldn't walk.
Sir/Mam In winter season my backbone starts paining. I can't sit in one position in chair from long time. Please help.
Knee pain. I am trying to lose my weight and now I reduced 10 kg. Still knee is paining v.much. No strength to climb the stairs.
Shoulder impingement occurs when there is impingement or change in the position of the tendons or a bursa (fluid filled sac or cavity, which causes friction in the joints) in your shoulder. Repeated overhead exercises or intense physical activity concentrated around your shoulder is a common risk factor for shoulder impingement. The examples of such activity would include playing outdoor sports like tennis, swimming etc. or painting for long hours.
How it may affect your daily life?
Shoulder impingement pain is severe in many cases and may affect your everyday activities. In fact, any activity, which involves your shoulders can cause intense pain. You should visit a doctor or a professional medical facility to get relief from pain as well as to avoid aggravating the injury.
Symptoms of shoulder impingement:
1. You will have difficulty in completing tasks which involve your back.
2. There may be a weakness in your shoulder muscles.
3. Pain associated with overhead use of your arm. Anytime you lift your arm there would be pain and would make many day to day activities difficult.
4. Intense injury to the tendons can cause them to tear into two and would result in a rotator cuff injury and would make your arm movements next to impossible.
Diagnosis of shoulder impingement:
Physical exam and review of medical injury previously sustained on some other occasion is the first step of treatment. Your doctor may also diagnose shoulder impingement by X-rays or MRI of shoulder to see changes in the bone that may indicate any injury. Other changes in the normal contour of the bone may also be checked which may help in further diagnosis and treatment.
Treatment of shoulder impingement:
NSAIDs are anti-inflammatory medicines that are commonly prescribed for shoulder impingement syndrome. These are prescribed for two weeks. Shoulder impingement requires a long time to heal and would require regular consultation with your doctor. If the medications fail to provide any relief in a span of maximum two weeks it may compel your doctor to change the course of treatment. Shoulder impingement is a serious injury and requires proper rest for your shoulder as well as patience as it may take quite some time to come back to normal.
Physiotherapy for Impingement:
Physiotherapy is usually the first line of treatment for subacromial impingement (tendonitis, bursitis) of the shoulder; along with anti-inflammatories and analgesia. It is very successful in treating shoulder impingement syndrome. You will work with your physical therapist to devise a treatment plan that is specific to your condition and goals. Your individual treatment program may include:
- Pain Management
- Manual techniques, such as gentle joint movements, soft-tissue massage, and shoulder stretches to get your shoulder moving properly.
- You will learn exercises and stretches to help your shoulder and shoulder blade move properly.
- Strengthening Exercises
- The therapist will teach you the proper posture which is an important part of rehabilitation