Patient Review Highlights
A very experienced person.. Listens to your problems patiently. Has accurate way of treatment. A good person it the field
Dr. M.S Ambekar provides answers that are very helpful and helped me improve my health. Thanks a lot sir ... i had enquired with other also they had suggested same with me ...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be very helpful. Let me read it first
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be very helpful. Very helpful
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be knowledgeable. Thankq
Dr. M.S Ambekar provides answers that are knowledgeable. very helpful
Over the period of time I noticed a number of changes in myself. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of erection problems. Dr M.S Ambedkar is a very practical doctor. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the City Sex Counselling & Therapy Center - Malegaon is so nice. The guidance M.S Ambekar gave me has helped me immensely with my situation. One of my cousin's referred to Dr M.S Ambekar. The waiting area in the City Sex Counselling & Therapy Center - Malegaon is very comfortable for elderly patients. His treatment suited me the best and now I am fine.
I was suffering from HIV aids from quite long for which I consulted Dr Ambedkar. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my issue. No matter how critical be the situation, he is always very calm. I am so thankful that the doctor has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. The City Sex Therapy Center is designed in such a manner that all requirements of patients are taken care of.
I feel strange that I am suffering from premature ejaculation. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I was amazed that other doctors before him were not able to even treat my problem, but he did it immediately and started the premature ejaculation treatment for it. All the staff members were very helpful. In order to diagnose my problem completely he asked me a number of questions. I saw M.S Ambekar clinic's advertisement in newspaper and that is how we referred him.
I was shocked to know that I was sufering from Erectile Dysfunction. I chose to consult Dr M.S Ambekar . He has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. The nurses at the City Sex Counselling & Therapy Center - Malegaon were really helpful. The guidance of Dr M.S Ambekar gave me has helped me immensely with my situation. I remember, I read an article of M.S Ambekar in the paper and made contact. His treatment benefitted me to a great extent.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of male sexual problems. So many doctors I consulted, but Dr Ambedkar's treatment was the best. He is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. With great ease he explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out.
I had a small penis size due to which I was very tensed . One of my friends referred to Dr Ambedkar. Over the period of time the treatment has helped me a lot. He is a very practical doctor. He has in depth knowledge in sexology. And I am happy with the results. I would definitely recommend this doctor to anyone gladly.
I feel strange that I am suffering from male sexual problems. Dr Ambekar has expert knowledge in the field. He is very talented and seasoned doctor. His treatment suited me the best and now I am fine. The overall atmosphere in the City Therapy Center is very soothing.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of masturbation addiction. I conmsulted Dr Ambedkar, he is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. He has in depth knowledge and ensures that he explains the problem in detail. My condition has improved than earlier.
Samrat Nandan Bora
Dr. M.S Ambekar provides answers that are very helpful, helped me improve my health and saved my life. Thanks a lot doctor. Actually the written sentence was said by an international gym trainer. That's why I was afraid to masturbate during my workout days.
Karthick Raja T
Thanks for your awesome words for my question sir, the words that KEEP IN MIND,,, after that its beautiful sir, now I am happy and will be happy with my partner to have sex and more than that I will love her from my heart sir, salute to you sir.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be very helpful, well-reasoned, professional, practical and prompt. Very happy to interact with a Doctor from Nashik. Thanks for your professional advice. Will come back to you.
Dr ambekar counselled really well, he listened to all history and complains thoroughly, he talked for quite long time. Sir is really very experienced in this field. My experience is excellent in this clinic.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be knowledgeable. Doctor Your answer is 100% true...relation is depend upon the believe and faith.so please go ahead in your life and enjoy...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be professional, well-reasoned, knowledgeable and very helpful. I know size doesn't matter ...now i feel like professional..
Dr. M.S Ambekar provides answers that are well-reasoned. If my husband know that I'm taking contraceptive pills, he suffered me a lot... Is there any other suggestions???
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be knowledgeable, very helpful, thorough, well-reasoned and prompt. Share feedback in your own words...
Having a happy and satisfied love life is very important for any person. However, physical limitations such as erectile dysfunction can severely hamper that and cause you to lose out on physical pleasure. It may also cause strife in your marital life and be a cause for low self-esteem as well as social embarrassment. Erectile dysfunction, which is commonly referred to as impotence, is either the inability to continue with an erection into climax for a continued period, or being able to maintain the erection for a very short time or not being able to get an erection at all.
Causes of erectile dysfunction:
Erectile dysfunction may be caused due to a variety of factors which include physical issues, lifestyle habits as well as psychological issues. Anything from injuries to defects within the spinal cord or problems with blood flow may cause erectile dysfunction. An abusive childhood or guilt associated with sex may also be responsible.
How to cure erectile dysfunction?
Take a holistic approach rather than trying to cure the problems from one focused area. It tries to get the issues with ‘Shukra Dhatu’ resolved in your body so that erectile dysfunction can be cured. Some of the techniques applied are mentioned below. The exact implementation as well as the combination of the methods chosen may change according to the causes in a specific case.
- Changes in lifestyle habits: Excessive drinking, smoking and consumption of junk food may all lead to weight gain as well as imbalances within the body. These may affect the heart, blood pressure or sugar levels in your body and lead to erectile dysfunction. Cut down or quit certain lifestyle related habits which are causing ED. Herbs and other methods along with lifestyle changes will then help you to get your vitality back.
- Yoga and meditation: Exercise and movement would definitely help you in setting your body on the proper path. Yoga and meditation would thus, be an integral part of the treatment for erectile dysfunction. This would be required in order to correct the systems that have been upset within the body and allow you to have a fulfilling sexual life.
I had an unsafe sex with my boy freind. Just an hour ago so what precaution should I take to avoid pregnancy? please advise me.
Female dyspareunia refers to painful intercourse. It is estimated that 8 to 21% of women experience this at some point in their lives. Pain during or after intercourse is disturbing and restricts partners need for intimacy. It leaves the partners with an unpleasant experience and may lead to frustrations, anxiety and fear of sex. There is little awareness among couples about dyspareunia and thus a painful experience is sometimes confusing for the other partner and often invites fights and arguments rather than support and understanding.
Women with dyspareunia suffer pain in genitalia or deeper in the pelvis, vulva or vagina. It is more common among women after menopause; however, many women experience pain right from their first sexual attempt or just after initiation while some at deeper penetration.
Causes of Dyspareunia could be medical, psychosocial or both. Medical conditions can be cured but often there are underlying personal and psychological factors which need to be addressed usually by counsellors or sexologists.
Diagnosis of the problem begins with a physical examination of the vulva. Apart from this an internal pelvic examination may also be required. A doctor takes into account the nature, extent and duration of pain in determining possible causes and deciding the mode of treatment. During interaction with the patient, various other psychosocial factors are also revealed that must be addressed for holistic treatment.
Medical conditions that could cause pain during or after intercourse are many including lesions, thin skin, scar tissues or ulcers. Infections like UTI, herpes, yeast infections, Chlamydia, trichomoniasis can also cause pain.
Treatment of infections is through drugs and creams.
- Apart from this, infections of the fallopian tubes or conditions like ovarian cysts, fibroids, tumours or endometriosis could be a reason for deeper and intense pain. In most of the cases, surgery is the option.
- Lack of oestrogen is another major cause for this type of pain. Oestrogen deficiency can cause lack of lubrication making vaginal area dry. This can cause painful friction during intercourse. Along with lubricants, an oestrogen treatment is given.
Apart from medical causes, fears or anxieties associated with sex can sometimes lead to pain. Lack of harmony in relationships can lead to loss of desire for sex leading to vaginal dryness and discomfort. A traumatic sexual experience of the past may also inhibit a partner to be at peace in the act and may invite psychosomatic problems. It is important for the partner to be sensitive and lend a hand of support. Understanding how a partner wishes to be caressed and touched and making efforts towards providing a sexually exciting experience can go a long way in removing partner’s inhibitions/fears and introducing positive sparks in the relationship. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Men in their 20s are more active and possess fast metabolic rates as they can be good in bed even after having a tiresome day. How can this not be possible in your 30s? This is because you have hit your 30s and there is a lot of difference in the peak you had in your previous ages. To understand this change is quite critical, as what you do during these changes affects your overall sexual health.
The male menopause also known as andropause starts hitting individuals as early as 35. During this stage, there is a drop in the libido and even can cause erectile dysfunctions.
How do you avoid this? Here what you can do on a regular basis to keep yourself fit at all times so you can be fit when it matters the most!
-Check your family medical history
-Check your testosterone levels proactively
-Eliminate artificial sweeteners
-Keep a check on your alcohol consumption
-Dump the junk and add more veggies to the palate
-Get a lot of sleep
1. Check your family medical history - Family history is an important determinant to understand the faults in one's genetic DNA. It matters even though you and your family must be living a different lifestyle or live in a different environment, but as they say, it is all in the genes. You can still lead a healthy sex life if you are active and fit at times available to you.
2. Check your testosterone levels proactively - Declining levels of testosterone brings a lot of problems such as hair loss, decreased sex drive, depression and memory levels which is again a vicious cycle. To avoid this, include meat, fish, cheese and yogurt in your regular diet.
3. Eliminate artificial sweeteners - Sugar may not be our strongest friend but it is our strongest foe for it all does other than lessening sweetness in our morning tea/coffee/diet soda but also increases the risk of developing non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
4. Keep a check on your alcohol consumption - It is okay if we gulp down a drink or two of red wine daily, but if it is more than that, then you can say good bye to love making sessions as excessive drinking can not only destroy your liver and your gut and so on but also impair your libido. The key here is just moderation.
5. Get a lot of sleep - A minimum 6 hours of sleep is ideal as it helps your brain health, manages your stress levels and most importantly optimizes the male hormone production which helps you in a healthy libido to satiate your partner. Men who sleep lesser than 6 hours have an increased risk of stroke and heart disease as well. So take care of your body while you can before it's too late!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The reduced ability to orgasm or the inability to orgasm post sufficient stimulation is called anorgasmia. This disorder is quite common in women. In fact, most women cannot orgasm with vaginal stimulation alone. Some require clitoral stimulation by rubbing or oral sex.
What are the types of anorgasmia?
- Generalized anorgasmia: Orgasms are not achieved with any partner, be it in any situation
- Lifelong anorgasmia: No orgasms have ever been felt
- Acquired anorgasmia: You have climaxed before but due to certain factors, be it emotional or physical, you have stopped getting orgasms
- Situational anorgasmia: Here you may have been able to orgasm before but only in certain positions or a particular partner.
What may cause anorgasmia?
Orgasms can be complex things. It involves the combination of physical, emotional and psychological factors. Anorgasmia can occur if any of the above is affected.
- Medical illnesses: Diseases such as diabetes or multiple sclerosis can result in anorgasmia.
- Medications: Medicines, for example, antidepressants, anti- histamines, cardio-vascular agents can meddle with climaxes.
- Smoking and Alcohol: Excessive alcohol consumption can mess with the ability to peak; smoking constraints the blood vessels, thus having a similar impact on both the sexes.
- Gynaecologic issues: Surgeries such as hysterectomy or surgeries of carcinoma can hamper with the capacity to accomplish climaxes.
- Poor self-perception
- Anxiety or dejection
- Financial issues and stress
- Fear of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) or pregnancy
- Past passionate or sexual mishandle
- Fights or clashes in the relationship
- No fascination toward the partner
- Lack of association
- Poor association with partner in regards to sexual needs
What are the symptoms of anorgasmia?
The symptom of anorgasmia is the inability to achieve orgasms in spite of sufficient sexual stimulation. It could be because of your partner or because of the position that does not really hit your spot. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
In the realm of sexual relations, Incest is one of the longing social taboos. In order to curb this social taboo, many governments have introduced law banning incest. Basically, this is a sexual relationship between those who are blood-related, which is also called as Consanguineous relationship. This is also called as Genetic Sexual Attraction (GSA) which can be between siblings, half siblings, donor children, adoptees, biological mother and father, nephew and so on. This is a social evil, and experts have some remedies so that you can deal with genetic sexual attraction.
According to an article published in Spanish Magazine AFIN in July 2013, separation of siblings for quite a long time is one of the known causes for genetic sexual attraction. At the same time, the magazine points out that there are instances that even those who are not separated have this mania of genetic sexual attraction. Some of the other interesting aspects of GSA can be explained as follows:
It is said that children who grow in close proximity since their childhood develop reverse sexual attitude or imprinting with their siblings, parents and with other consanguineous relationships. This reverse sexual attitude actually suppresses sexual desire with consanguineous relationship. This theory is also called as Westermarck Effect. This can be the pointer to the question How to deal with Genetic Sexual Attraction because consanguineous relationship separated for years may not have the Westermarck Effect.
It is pointed out that when siblings who are separated for long duration of time are sexually mature when they meet each other. In other words, they were not members of the nuclear family, and this long absence can attract each other for a closer relationship. In addition to this, the siblings are biologically and mentally so grown up that they have made their own hard imprint of their character, taste and so on. It is a combination of these factors that makes them an exception to the Westermarck effect.
Symptoms of GSA:
Extreme awareness about the other person, hard desire to stay or talk, distractible behavior, unnecessary talking, holding hands or touching or making use of every opportunity to have some kind of physical contact, daydreaming are some of the known symptoms of GSA.
One of the ideal remedies for those suffering from GSA is to seek help of appropriate medical fraternity in the earliest possible time. This is one of the most ideal approaches to deal with genetic sexual attraction. It is also suggested that you should ensure that the siblings meet at regular intervals. This can help the siblings to have Westermarck Effect. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
An STD is transmitted by means of physical contact and intercourse. These diseases are caused by parasites, virus or bacteria. Usually, STDs are preventable provided you make the right choices concerning your sexual health. Refraining from sex isn’t a feasible idea at all.
But fortunately there are alternatives too to curb the menace that STDs are:
- Abstain: The most effective way to avoid STIs is to abstain from sex.
- Mutual monogamy: Two people who have sex only with one another don’t have any opportunity to bring a new STD into the relationship. If you and your partner have been tested and are healthy, remaining faithful to each other is a very good way to reduce your chances of contracting an STD.
- Get Vaccinated: One important prevention tool against STIs is vaccination. Currently, vaccines are available to protect against infection with HPV, hepatitis A and hepatitis B. Talk to a healthcare provider to see which vaccines might be recommended for you.
- Protect Yourself: Condoms work really well in stopping most STIs from being passed from an infected partner to another when they are used consistently and correctly every time a person has oral, vaginal or anal sex. Consistently and correctly means that a person makes sure they use a condom every time they have oral, vaginal or anal sex and put it on and use it the right way.
- Avoid alcohol and drug use: Avoiding alcohol and recreational drug use reduce the risk of contracting an STI, having an unwanted pregnancy, or being coerced to have sex. Alcohol and drug use can reduce our ability to make good decisions. It may also make us more likely to be talked into participating in an activity without being able to give our full consent.
Coping and Support
It's traumatic to find out you have an STI. You might be angry if you feel you've been betrayed or ashamed if there's a chance you infected others. At worst, an STI can cause chronic illness and death, even with the best care in the world.
Between those extremes is a host of other potential losses trust between partners, plans to have children, and the joyful embrace of your sexuality and its expression. If in doubt, don't hesitate to visit a skin specialist or a physician. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease. One out of every six people in the United States suffers from this disease. It is more common than you think. Like any other STD, it is extremely important to take proper protection (use a condom) while engaging in sexual activities.
Genital Herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). There are two types of herpes simplex virus.
- HSV-1 is most commonly associated with blisters and ulcers around the mouth known as cold sores.
- HSV-2 is associated with blistering lesions in genital areas that are exposed during sexual contact.
However, both types of herpes simplex virus can infect the mouth or the genital areas, meaning that genital contact with a cold sore on the mouth can lead to genital herpes. Likewise, kissing someone with a cold sore can spread the herpes simplex virus infection.
After the initial outbreak of herpes, the virus travels through the nerves and resides in nerve tissue within the body.
Most people with genital herpes don’t know they have it. That’s because in most people it produces either no symptoms or very mild ones.
Symptoms of Genital Herpes:
- The area around your genitalia becomes red and cracked without any pain or itching.
- Itching around your anal region
- Blisters around your genitalia can cause immense pains when they break open.
- Pain in the open sores while urination.
- Headaches and backaches.
- Flu and swollen lymph nodes are very common.
- Fatigue is also felt if you suffer from genital herpes.
Symptoms like these can be mistaken for other infections such as vaginal yeast infections, bacterial infections and bladder infections. So, if you are suffering from such symptoms it is advisable to go in for a health check up followed by a physical exam and a blood test to confirm whether you have genital herpes or not.
How can it get spread?
You can only get Genital Herpes from vaginal intercourse and not anal or oral intercourse. The fluid present in the sore of a genital herpes patient has infected fluid. If the fluid comes in contact with their partner’s sexual organs while having intercourse they can be easily infected.
Can Symptoms Be Treated?
There is no cure for genital herpes. But the symptoms can be lessened and prevented with treatment. Treatment can also reduce the risk of infecting others.
Your healthcare provider may prescribe antiviral medications to help prevent or reduce the pain and discomfort from an outbreak of symptoms. Medication taken on a daily basis to suppress the virus can reduce the number of outbreaks and reduce the risk of infecting others
How to Avoid Getting Genital Herpes:
- Try to have sex with people who have been tested negative for herpes or any other STDs.
- Use a latex condom while having sex. It prevents any sort of liquid to pass inside your partner’s genitalia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Our body and brain experience a considerable number of changes as we age. These are both physical and mental and influence each part of our lives. One zone where you will notice a huge distinction due to coming of age is sexuality and your sexual performance. Men and women will both undergo changes happening inside their bodies. For men, erectile dysfunction (ED) will turn out to be more normal. One may free the capacity to get and keep up an erection amid sex or find that his erection is not as hard as it used to be when he was young.
Stamina in bed is also likely to go down, and you might last much less than before. Women may feel libido loss and loss of sexual longing and dryness in the vagina. The vagina tends to get narrower with old age, and its walls become thin and stiff.
Sexual problems and decreased interest or performance spirit due to age happen because of the following factors:
- Arthritis: Joint aches and pain because of arthritis make you unable to be comfortable performing sex. Rest, showers, and changing the position or timing of sexual activity can be useful. Medicines or a surgery will help you get rid of this pain.
- Pain of any kind: Lasting pain of any nature affects your sexual performance. With old age, the body experiences pain due to different reasons and these hamper your sexual life. Medicines for these pains sometimes have side effects, which affect your sexual health.
- Cardiac diseases: Narrowing and solidifying of your arteries can change the blood vessels. This does not allow blood to flow smoothly. Men and women may have issues with having an orgasm. Men may experience difficulty with erections. When your heart is not working properly, you will never be able to perform in bed normally.
- Dementia: Dementia affected people become more sexually interested, but they cannot judge the nature of sexual behavior. Dementia patients lose all kinds of normal senses, but still tend to be sexually attracted to women.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is common among aged people. Diabetes affects your sex life and ED may be caused. Medical measures might fix this disorder. Diabetes inflicted women are likely to get yeast infections in the vagina. This causes irritation and you normally would not have the longing for sex.
Ageing may affect your sexual life and health in many ways, and you cannot change most of the factors.
It is important to beat the monotony of life with the right mix of adventure and passion and in order to do that we all have to be a little creative. At times, when sexual intercourse with your partner becomes a regular habit of practice, it soon turns out to be a little dull and loses the spark it once had. In fact, many relationships have fallen apart due to a lack of communication or physical intimacy, while sexually communing. In order to avoid the monotony, you would definitely need to spice things up.
Here are a few ways which you can adopt for a more satisfying and fulfilling relationship with your partner through sex:
- Get dressed for the occasion: One way in which you can increase the arousal levels in your partner is by getting dressed for the occasion. Get a nice and kinky outfit appropriate enough to sexually arouse your partner. In fact, a change in appearance has been widely recognized as a stimulant for better sex. After putting all the effort into your preparation, not only will you find your partner shocked with awe, you will also discover how much kinkier sex can be with the right outfit and appearance.
- Be in control: With the publication of certain books in recent times, a reservoir of kinky ideas was created and designed for people to dig in and gather all the information about kinkier sex they've been looking for. One of the most predominant ways in which you can spice things up is through the concept of domination and submission. In fact, you will find that when you assume control over the situation, your sexual encounters will be so much more promising and kinkier than ever before. Dominance is what turns on a lot of people.
- Blindfolding: Another way with which you can have kinkier sex is by blindfolding your partner. The act of blindfolding is an effective method to set the wheels in motion. When blindfolded, your vision is blocked, but all your senses are heightened, thereby transforming the sexual experience altogether.
- Sex Toys: There's really no harm in spending a little on fascinating sex toys available in the market. Sex toys, in fact, are a prerequisite for kinky sex. With the diverse range of products available these days, you could find just the right toy for a better and kinkier sexual experience.
Depression is one of those experiences when one may feel sad, lonely, dejected and discouraged. Doubt, anxiety and uncertainty crawl in so much so that they may lead to problems in decision making. A depressed person feels devoid of energy and the motivation to do anything at all seems to have disappeared.
Depression and some antidepressants curb sexual drive. This has a negative effect on the depression as sex releases 'happy hormones'. Thus, depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body.
So if depression is badly ruining your sex life, doing these will help big time:
- Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships.
- Having an open conversation with your partner is key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.
- Ask your doctor to adjust medication In cases where the antidepressant curbs libido, lowering or adjusting the drug dosage can be a solution to treat the depression without curbing sexual desire. Do not attempt to adjust your medication on your own. Your doctor may also change the drug to another that does not affect your sex drive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Erectile dysfunction is the failure to sustain the erection or stiffness of the male reproductive organ for a prolonged period of time. This is also called as impotence as the person will not be able to engage in intercourse of satisfactory level. Some males will not be able to achieve erection with full sexual desire or even with any stimuli from their partner. There are several psychological causes for this erectile dysfunction and the cause of every individual and treats accordingly.
How to overcome erectile dysfunction?
- Aswaganda: It is an effective treatment option for erectile dysfunction or any sexual problems that a man faces in their life. This herb works wonders for sexual disorders and has been in use since ancient period to improve the sexual desires.
- Massage: Regular massage of whole body with herbal oils will help to treat erectile dysfunction sooner. This rejuvenates the whole body and increases the physical strength for better sex.
- Drumstick: Boil handful of drumstick flower in one cup of milk and drink this mixture daily for at least two to three months. This helps to treat the erection problem for males.
- Carrot and honey: Mix half cup of chopped carrot with one half boiled egg and two teaspoon of honey. Taking this mixture on regular basis for one month’s treats erectile dysfunction.
- Ginger: Mix two teaspoon of ginger paste with two teaspoon of honey and eat this three times a day. This simple home remedy helps to cure erectile dysfunction in an easy way.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate juice is the best natural remedy for erectile dysfunction. Pomegranate is rich in antioxidants that help in improving the circulation of blood throughout the body and especially to the genital areas. This helps to maintain the erection for prolonged period of time.
- Saw palmetto: This herb is used for treating erectile dysfunction and also to improve the sperm count. Consuming this herb regularly helps to treat the erectile dysfunction.
- Proper gapping: Adequate gap between each intercourse is much important for sustaining the erection of penis. giving at least four days of gap after two consecutive intercourse is much essential. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Your sex life is one of the keys to a successful relationship. With passing time, your sexual relationship with your partner may start to fade and seem uninteresting.
Here are 4 tips which can help you can maintain a passionate sex life:
- Maintain overall intimacy: Regular good sex is important as it helps you to forget your daily hustle and bustle and end up in a different kind of world. Sexual intimacy is a key factor in living up your relationship. However, you should keep in mind that intimacy is not just confined to the bedroom. To maintain your spark, you must be intimate in other aspects of life as well with your partner. Preparing a meal together, dancing together, going for vacations enable to maintain intimacy in other sections instead of just the sex.
- Maintain a playful relationship: Always maintain a playful nature with your partner. Instead of pertaining to the bed, spice up your sex by choosing different locations. Indulging in sex on your rooftop under a full moon, or buying innovative, naughty sex toys allows you to gel better with your partner. Sex is enjoyed more when accompanied with laughter and fun.
- Communicate: Tell your partner about your sexual preferences. Mention what you like and what is not suitable for you. Getting comfortable with each other is the most vital aspect in maintaining continued passion in your sex life. If you are not totally at ease with your partner, you may never find yourself experimenting or trying new moves in bed. Moreover, your partner is your counterpart and your most trusted companion. Communication at the level of friendship is also very important.
- Try Something New: While you may have heard this advice many a times, there is nothing old or dated about it. Doing something new is actually a mantra to create more excitement in your sex life. The use of toys, and new places as well as some amount of role play for a touch of fun can actually heat things up between the couple. Try a new routine or whisk each other away for a romantic dinner date. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hello Dr. I want to know that ,I did sex with my boyfriend so many times ,and now I am not Virgin, but my marriage have been fixed with someone else, my questions is can I get back my virginity again ,please suggest me DR,
It is to be noted that a large chunk of a child’s genetic code is carried by the male procreation cell. Some other interesting facts about the male procreation cell, the sperm, are listed below:
- Diet affects a man’s sperms: A man’s daily diet plays a major role in the health of his sperm. The choice of food has a big impact on sperm. For example, a publication in The Journal of Biology and Reproduction, 2011, has shown that DHA (an Omega-3 essential fatty acid found in cod liver oil and salmon) aids in improving the morphology of the sperm. Increase in DHA levels can turn a sperm with a round head into a healthy sperm with a cone-shaped head and fill it with important enzymes that aid in egg-opening. Increase in levels of DHA also helps in improving sperm mobility. Another study has shown that men who consume an excess of 3 cups of coffee per day exhibit a reduction in concentration of the sperms as well as total sperm count along with poor quality of the sperm.
- Health of sperm can be improved by climaxing regularly: Production of semen is reduced due to irregular ejaculation or abstinence from sex.
- Wireless Technology is capable of damaging sperm: Recent studies have shown that laptops using Wi-Fi to connect to the internet damages sperm via non-thermal effects. Hence, scientists suggest that men should try to avoid keeping laptops on their laps directly and should keep their cell phones in places other than the pant pockets.
- Extra energy for penetrating the egg: The journey of a sperm is long and vigorous; an incredible amount of energy is needed to penetrate the ova. Naturally, there is a dearth of energy when the sperm finally reaches the ova. At this time, a stream of energy is provided because of a burst of progesterone from the female. This energizes the sperm, which in turn, helps in penetration of the egg.
- Protection: The immune system assumes that sperms are foreign invaders because they carry only half the DNA as compared to other cells. Hence, there are special protective cells present in the testicles that create a barrier which tends to attack the sperm cells.
- Life span: The publication of a study in Biology of Reproduction (1984) has stated that sperm cells, in appropriate conditions, have a life span of up to 5 days within a woman’s body.
- Negative impact of lifestyle choices on sperms: A number of studies have shown that men having habits such as smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, consuming caffeine and who are obese have hampered fertility. This has a negative effect on the health of a sperm. Men who frequently consume alcohol tend to exhibit poor sperm concentration and lowered sperm mobility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Premature ejaculation (PE) is uncontrolled ejaculation that occurs when a man experiences orgasm and expels semen soon after sexual intercourse. One out of the three men faces this problem. If this happens on a regular basis, then it is a cause of concern.
Characteristics of Premature ejaculation
Premature ejaculation can be Acquired (recent) or Chronic (lifelong).
1. Acquired PE: Acquired (recent) premature ejaculation means that the condition began in an individual who previously experienced an acceptable level of ejaculatory control and only recently has developed it.
2. Chronic PE: In chronic (lifelong) premature ejaculation, the person has been experiencing premature ejaculation since he became sexually active (ie, post puberty).
Causes of premature ejaculation:
The causes of PE can be divided into two broad sub-heads, which are biological or psychological causes:
- Biological Causes: A number of researchers have found differences in nervous stimulations and hormonal differences in men who experience premature ejaculation compared with individuals who do not. Some believe that some men have hyper-excitability or oversensitivity of their genitalia. Abnormal functioning of the ejaculatory system can be attributed to thyroid problems, infection or inflammation of the urethra or prostate, nerve damage occurring due to trauma or surgery (a very rare cause), abnormal levels of hormones and/or neurotransmitters (chemicals present in the brain).
- Psychological Causes: Premature ejaculation is believed to be a psychological problem and does not represent any known organic / physical disease involving the male reproductive organs or any known defect in the brain or nervous system. It is usually due to a pattern that is hard to change and is a result of your previous sexual experiences. One of the most common reason is childhood habit of reaching climax/ ejaculation quickly because of fear of discovery when masturbating or during early sexual experiences with a female partner. This pattern of rapid attainment of sexual release is difficult to change in later stage of life (in marriage or long-term relationships). Other reasons are situations in which one may have hurried climax/ ejaculation in order to hide any problem or feelings of guilt that make you rush through sexual encounters. Also, psychological causes include anxiety and relationship issues which can also result from deep anxiety about sex that relates to bad experiences encountered by the patient during development (eg: incest, sexual assault, conflict with parents, etc).
If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a sexologist.